notice me

Leave me alone

When Park Jimin enters the door to their apartment late night after filming, he immediately knew something was wrong.

It was silent. Eeriely silent. But even the word 'silent' can't be found in Bangtan's dictionary. Something is definitely wrong, and he will find out, soon.

Hoseok and Namjoon went home earlier than him because he still discussed something with their manager so they must be in their rooms right now, Jimin thinks. He jolts when a familiar chorus of their song 'Dope' rings from his pocket and he takes his phone to see a message from Taehyung.

 

'You know I love you, right?'

 

Jimin's brows furrow. what?

 

Then there was another text from Yoongi.

 

'Rest in pieces, Park Jimin.'

 

And as weird as it is, he feels a sudden surge of dread wash over him and he doesn't know why.

"..Jimin hyung?" Jimin shivers as he felt the freezing coldness of the tone and an icy glare directed towards the crown of his hair as he was reading Suga's message.

"Jimin hyung?" The voice repeats, now laced with impatience. Jimin reluctantly lifts his head.

"Oh hey, K-ookie!" his voice cracks with fear, he is one step closer to ting his pants once he saw Jungkook leaning over the doorframe of the kitchen, with the light of that room slowly fading into Jimin's dark position. The light didn't help ease his fear, but it helped his need to be inside a restroom, quick. His dongsaeng has his arms crossed, handsome facial features darker because of the lighting, and maybe something else, Jimin isn't enthusiastic to know exactly what. "Why are you still awake?"

Before Jimin could pee himself because of Jungkook's effortless intimidation, the maknae uttered a 'hmmp!', rolled his eyes and stomped away, like a kid refused a toy in a store, back to his bedroom, leaving a very confused Park Jimin who forgot the idea of bathrooms all together.

Jimin expects it, whatever it was Jungkook was having, to be gone the next day.

But when did things go the way Jimin wanted it to be?

 

--

 

Jimin hates silence. Okay, not hate, but he isn't really fond of keeping quiet and he never really found the quiet, soothing. It only makes him uncomfortable, the creepy air that makes things awkward and empty. He thinks he is very lucky to have bandmates who, may not all be as noisy as him, at least makes him feel the most comfortable.

And Jungkook hates losing so guess what happens.

"Jungkook." he calls the maknae for him to toss his shirt that was by the younger's feet. Jungkook not only acted as if Park Jimin was never born on 1995, but he also stepped on the clothing and left the room while loudly closing the door with a bang. And honestly, Jimin doesn't know what to feel.

The next time, Jimin wanted to rip his hair out as he leaves the kitchen after the youngest clearly ignored his favor to toss a fork beside him. A fork. A fork directly beside the maknae's palms on the sink. Jungkook ignored him and continued washing his plate, not sparing him a glance even after he begged and pleaded, 'Jeon Jungkook please just look at me'.

When Jungkook finally picked up the fork, Jimin let out a sigh of relief because god this isn't good for his heart, and he reaches out his hand to catch the utensil until he noticed Jungkook place it in the dishwasher and let it to wash. Jungkook then went by the older as if he was all alone in the kitchen and it was only air that had begged and begged for his attention a few minutes ago.

When it was time for Jimin to prepare for practice, someone in the bathroom took too long to bathe. He was nervous he might be late as he was the only one waiting outside the comfort room and others are already almost ready to leave. So he knocks on the door, "Hey, could you please hurry up?"

Jimin was really wishing for the person at the other side of the door to not be the one who had caused him so much troubles and emotional stress for the day, and it wasn't even noon, so he wanted to lie down and cry when he saw a damp maknae opening the door. At normal circumstances, Jimin would've ogled the younger's toned body but he was really in a rush and so he pushed through to enter the bathroom, ignoring the dread bubbling in his stomach because there wasn't anything to fear, right? It's not like Jungkook would put snakes or other cold reptiles in the shower and oh my maybe that's why he took so long--

"Are you guys ready to leave?"

He immediately runs and turns on the water after flinging all his articles of clothing as fast as he could. When he picks up the shampoo bottle as he lets the water run through his body, he panics as he realized the too light weight of the container and he opens all other bottles to realize all of them were also empty.

.

 

Oh, he tries. He ing  tries. But one does not simply win over a Jeon Jungkook playing a game Jimin isn't sure he wants to participate in.

So he attempts, vainly.

"Jungkookie, what did I do?" Jimin tries to corner him during their minute break in practice. Jungkook, being an as always, forcefully shoves past him and almost made the older fly, but instead, the unfortunate man trips on some towels and slams his on the squeaky floor. He hisses in pain at the impact.

Jimin looks around to see all the members looking at him worriedly, except Jungkook who was walking back into dance position. Jimin is kind of disappointed none of the others help him with this Jungkook on period and all, but he understands that no one wants to go against the stubborn, talented man. Or maybe for another reason, judging by Taehyung's awkward fidgeting and Hoseok's alien silence.

Seokjin runs towards him and offers a hand, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Only my heart hurts but besides that, I'm okay." he jokingly answers and stands up using his hyung's hand as support.

They got back to practice after that, Jimin's mind distracted with planning of ways to get Jungkook to notice him, because no, he wouldn't give up. Not after years and years of pining and finally getting Jungkook to really warm up to him, not after Jungkook finally and openly shows his affection towards him (brotherly affection, sadly) not now. He worked hard for so long. A little more won't hurt.

He keeps telling himself that when the youngest one 'accidentally' steps onto Jimin's foot, making him howl in pain, both feet and heart throbbing because it was his favorite dance shoes stained.

Yeah.

--

Jungkook tosses each one of them their bottles, blatantly making Jimin an exception, of course.

When Taehyung mentioned a joke, everyone laughs and after Jimin added something, all of them howls even more, aside Jungkook, whose expression only turned blank after Jimin chimed in. Jimin's patience, which was as long as a saint's, was cut in half and he could feel a vein sprouting in his forehead but he still laughs.

--

This. Jimin was baffled. This was the last straw.

He grips the maknae's wrist so hard it may mark, but he doesn't mind it at that moment, after Jungkook successfully avoided him all day, ignored all his advances and shuts his mouth whenever Jimin speaks, after he successfully ripped the older's jacket and heart without uttering any words. Jimin stops him before he can escape in the safety of his bedroom.

"Jungkook, just what is wrong with you?" he asks, fury dripping in his tone as the maknae refuses to make eye contact. In his anger, he almost missed the way Jungkook's lips mumble some form of phrase.

"what?" he insists.

Jungkook yanks away his hold from his wrist and uses two hands to shove and pin his shorter hyung on the wall. Jimin growled at the pain when the cold wall met his back. He was surprised to see Jungkook's face inches away from his and Jimin almost cowers away in fear when he saw his deep, beautiful eyes glowering at him with so much hate.

"I don't know, hyung." Jungkook barks, "What is wrong with you?"

Jimin is taken aback by the younger's sudden aggresive behavior, but he quickly regains his composure to retort to Jungkook's face now dangerously in close proximity, disregarding his reddening cheeks because of the lack of personal space with his long time crush,

"Me? What is wrong with me?" he bites back. "I'm not the one who causes great pains for his hyung's just because he was too much of a wuss not to tell him what's wrong!"

Jimin could feel his legs tremble and he will slide to the floor if it weren't for Jungkook's hard grip on his wrists.

Jungkook, now not making eye contact once more, whispers something along the lines of, "... but you liked it, didn't you..."

Jimin's eyes widened, "Come again?"

"I said," Jungkook exhales, now more mad, "I bet you liked it when she spank your , didnt you?!"

"What the ?!" Jimin intelligently replies. "I AM NOT INTO THOSE KIND OF KINKS!"

"BUT YOU LOOKED SO HAPPY WHEN SHE HIT YOUR !" Jungkook screams, "YOU LOOKED SO HAPPY WHEN SHE YOUR HAIR!"

What the hell is this guy even saying?!-- oh.

"YOU EVEN HUGGED HER." Wait, is Jimin dreaming? Is Jeon Jungkook, the perfect man of his dreams, the all around, competitive and his most prideful dongsaeng to exist, actually jealous?

"YOU EVEN HELD HER WRIST, HYUNG! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LITTLE SPACE WAS LEFT BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU?!" Jungkook continues and Jimin feels like crying and thanking the lord for this moment.

"Are you jealous?"

"YOUR INTERACTION WAS TOO LONG! WHY WAS YOUR SMILE EVEN LIKE THA-- wait what? no!" Jungkook lets go of him and frantically waves his hands while using his rapping skills for denials and excuses. "It's just that, you know? You didn't even need to touch each other so much.."

Expect Jungkook to be an alluring, intimidating man to be a flustered fluff ball in seconds. Jimin internally coos at the sight.

"I think you are," the older didn't bother control his grin anymore.

"Am not."

"Yes, you are,"

"No, I aren't," he stubbornly pouts and Jimin wanted to glomp the kid and shower him with kisses.

"Yes, you are. And it was all acting, okay?" Jimin reaches for the younger's reddening skin and guiltily thumbs over to ease the sting where he gripped too hard earlier, "Remember that sometimes I ignore you after fansigns?"

The younger nods, "Well, I was irrationaly jealous like you-" "Am not," "yeah, sure, remember that?"

Jungkook nods once more, "It was because Taehyung kept being touchy and feely with you whenever I sit apart from you two, but then I realize that Taetae only does that for the fans. I acted with her for the show and the viewers. Do you understand?"

Jungkook slowly dips his head, processing the explanation. And after a while of Jimin sneakily staring into the maknae's thin, glossy lips in a daze, Jungkook spoke. "I didn't know you were jealous,"

Jimin laughs his bubbly laugh, eyes disappearing, "Well, now you know."

Jungkook smiles at him, all bunny teeth and crinkling eyes effectively turning Jimin into mush. "Do you uh.."

"I what?" Jimin encourages.

"Do you like.. men?" well, okay. Jimin wasn't expecting that. How can this kid randomly drop such a bomb out of nowhere?

Jimin could feel his heart thundering and attempting to escape his chest and his hands get clammy so he wipes them on his shirt, wondering if Jungkook would judge him for his preference. Well, he breathes, here goes nothing, "Uh... yes?"

For Jimin, the answer took all courage from his small body and turned him into this even more trembling mess so why the hell did he just see Jungkook's eyes literally light up?

"I like you, hyung," he confesses, rushed but understandable.

Jimin really did fall on the floor.

When Jimin felt the sting on his , he looked at his dongsaeng with disbelief, now crouching down to meet his eye level, and his mouth speaks before his mind thinks, as always.

"I like you, too. Oh my god you have no idea how much. Believe me you don't," he jumps towards Jungkook and they both fall back to the floor, laughing. The younger embracing the shorter's waist above him.

"I believe you, hyung," Jungkook responds, a bit too sincerely and his face tinted with pink.

Jimin, being the impulsive, lovesick idiot he is, hovers over the other's face and crashed his lips into Jungkook's, grinning into the kiss and not thinking of any worries or consequenses to his actions. His cheeks strain from smiling for too long already but he was too happy to care.

When they parted to breathe, they giggle. They giddily rest their foreheads and sappily stared at each other's eyes as if they were drifting off into their own happy and gay world, after finally being able to be honest with their long kept feelings and they were sure they won't regret any of it.

 

"Ok, but fyi, Jimin is actually into those kinds of kinks,"

"Taehyung!" Seokjin scolds.