002

Nutcracker

 

"Are you a ballerina?"

 

 

 

 

"No." Ara shook her head instantly while chuckling. She didn't know why that boy suddenly asked that question. Ara had stopped dancing since she  was 8 years old. Once after the accident, she tried to dance again but it only turnt up worse and she then decided to stop. "May I sit now?" She asked for permission to the teacher. 

The teacher looked like she was judging Ara but she answered it rightly"Yes. please." There was a blank paper on the teacher's table. Mrs. Yun took it and crumbled it into a ball. A second after that, Mrs. Yun threw the paper ball towards a student on the backseat. "Mr. Lee? Mr. Lee! Are you sleeping in the class again? When did you sleep last night?!"

The male student over there, with his head on the desk, answered. "I didn't sleep last night, ma'am."

Mrs. Yun clicked her tongue. The tip of a ruler that she held touched Ara's shoulder. "Okay, you," then she pointed at that male student. "Have a seat next to that boy. And class! We're gonna discuss about the upcoming school festival........."

 

Ara didn't pay attention towards Mrs. Yun who was being fussy in front of the class. She walked towards her desk, her eyes glued on the sleeping boy. "Uhm." That was Kangjoon, sending signal to the boy with a cough yet the boy was drowning in his sleep. It looks like it didn't work, Gu Ara. Hesitantly, Ara took a seat next to him. The desk across her was Kangjoon and that made her feel relieved. "Why do I have to sit here?" She whispered after checking on the homeroom teacher who was scribbling on the board. 

"That boy over there, is Lee Taeyong. You wouldn't want to be friend with him, anyway." Kangjoon replied in a low voice while peeking at Mrs. Yun. "He's a freak, mysterious and cold man. Definitely not your style. Trust me." 

"Well," She shrugged. "I'm just gonna get through it, then." Checking the boy who was sleeping next to her, Ara chuckled a little when she saw doodles on his notebook. He can draw. "Student Lee." She said but he didn't move a bit. "Hello? Student Lee." No answer. I guess I'll ignore him then. 

 


 

My name is Gu Ara.

 

Yellow post-it was sticking on his forehead once he woke up. When he read the sentences, he needed to rub his eyes twice. "My name is Lee Taeyong..." He mumbled. Next seconds, he realized something. "Wait, I've never heard about this name before. Who is Gu Ara?"

DUK!

"OUCH!"

"Hey, Lee Boy." The basketball captain walked towards him with big steps. On his left hand was a basket ball that was thrown by him at Taeyong.

Didn't know anyting, Taeyong only yawned widely and cupped his face with a hand. "Do you have any problem with me? Seo Kangjoon?" His another hand patted the pain on his head away. 

Seo Kangjoon pulled a chair for him to sit. He then pointed at Taeyong's face. "Stop acting like a cold prince, will you, manga face?" He sighed deeply. "Listen, I don't really know you and I feel like I need to warn you about this. Ara is my only cousin, and I really care about her, this much." He spreaded his hands widely before he crossed the hands. "So don't do anything bad to her. Got it?" 

Taeyong chuckled, "What do you think I'm gonna do to her anyway, dude?" He raised a brow. "I don't have any interest to her anyway. Now, leave." Both of his hands were waving at Kangjoon. "I need to finish my math homework first."

"Psh." Kangjoon scoffed then left Taeyong with his math homework alone.

 

 


 

 

"It's P.E. Class."

"Heol."

Kangjoon handed her a clothes tote bag with a giraffe cartoon printed on it. It wasn't heavy, because the clothes inside had been worn by Kangjoon. 

"Put it on my desk in the class." He scratched his head while grumbling. "Gosh. I think I should take a shower later as soon as the class is over."

"You're so gross. Did you wash your head yesterday?" 

"Nah, just go upstair to the class. I'll tell the class president that you haven't got the uniform." He walked away to the field outside. Ara who watched his back could only sighed hardly before her feet took her to the class upstair. 

Their class was on the second floor. It only took less than a minute to the class. But on the middle of the stairs, Ara bumped with a female student, a senior. His ankle hitted the stair and it wounded. "Ah- sorry~" the senior ran away with a grin.

"Damn it." She gritted her teeth then stood up. The wound wasn't that bad but still, it was bleeding. 

 

 

"Huff. Huff." 

Ara sat on a table next to the window so that she could see her classmates outside. Luckily, she had a plaster on her bag so she didn't have to buy for one. "Okay, why is it so hard to open....... urgh."

The plaster was hard to open, and once it opened, it was torn. "Oh, God......"

 

"You're not joining the P.E Class?" Moon Taeil, it was written on the name tag. "Gu Ara-ssi."

The way he called Ara was so formal and it felt uncomfortable to be called like that by a classmate for Ara. "Drop the formality? Call me Ara, Taeil." She said with a big smile. "Well, I haven't got my uniform yet so, my cousin, Kangjoon right there asked for permission to the teacher, for me."

"Oh." He replied shortly but it didn't matter because he smiled back brightly to Ara. "I'm the one who asked if you're a ballerina previously."

Ara blinked her eyes a couple of times, her brain was still processing.

The boy raised a hand, reacted the scene this morning. "Are you a ballerina?" He chuckled. "And you answered, no."

She clapped her hands. "Oh! It's you."

Taeil's eyes glued on hers. They stayed like that for a second. "Ehm, what happened to your ankle?" His eyes rounded. "Do you have any plaster? Have you cleaned the wound?"

"I've cleaned it but the plaster...." she showed him the broken plaster. 

"I have some, I'll give you three pieces. Or do you want more?" 

"U-uh. One is enough. Thank you."

Taeil opened his bag and took a small box with some pills and other medical equipments inside. He took three plasters and handed them to Ara. "Here you go. I'll go downstairs to change my uniform and join the P.E class." 

"Okay, thank you, Taeil." 

"You're welcome."

When the boy walked out from the class with a small bag on his hand, Ara silently smiled, admiring his kindness.

 

 


 

 

"Tell me!" 

That night, Seo Kangjoon was too emotional. A classmate said that his team had lost in a basketball match with Hanlim High School. When she saw Ara's wound, he was shocked. Such a protective cousin he was.

"A senior bumped into me, Seo Kangjoon. It's not a serious wound anyway. It only bleed a little.... YAH!" She screamed when Kangjoon pushed the wound a bit with his finger.

"Did you read her name tag? I'll come up to her tomorrow." 

"Seo Kangjoon. I'm okay. Okay?"

"No."

"Arghhh come on! Don't be too protective towards me, Kangjoon! It feels weird."

"Weird? Weird? Okay! I won't care about you anymore. Starting from now."

"Okay, then." Ara sipped a cup of hot tea. She didn't realize that the tea was 'that' hot. "Sssh!"

"Ara, are you okay?" 

"Duh, Seo Kangjoon."

"Okay, sorry."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i'll edit this chapter later!