Chapter One

To Love an Idol

Chapter One~
             
                Chanyeol was at dance practice when it happened. All twelve of them were touching up on some of their old choreography when their manager entered the room. The look on his face told Chanyeol that he didn't just stop by for a friendly chat. Something was wrong. For a while, he didn't say anything, he just looked at them with an expression that couldn't have anything other that disappointment. Chanyeol could see that he was looking at all of them, but his eyes lingered a little bit on him and someone behind him, and suddenly, he knew. He knew why they were in trouble. He knew that their manager's eyes were constantly stopping to glare at him and Baekhyun. That, somehow, they'd done something wrong. 

              He was about to ask what was wrong, when he noticed something in the reflection. Baekhyun was fidgeting around like he was nervous about something, and there was this almost unreadable look on his face. It was a mix of shame, fear, and confusion. Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol staring and tried to make himself look normal. Something seemed to snap the manager back into action, because he'd suddenly remember that he hadn't said anything for what had felt like hours, but was most likely only a few minutes.

"I know you're all confused, and I promise that I'll explain what's going on later, but right now I need to talk with Chanyeol and Baekhyun," He left no room for farther conversation. The others left the room, but not without shooting them looks of sympathy. It was unspoken rule that if the manager wanted to talk to you alone, you were basically done for. Once again, he just stood on the opposite side of the room, not saying anything. Chanyeol wondered whether or not he did that because he didn't know what to say.

"Can you please explain why we're in trouble? It's kind of hard to deal with the problem if you're the only one who knows what the actual problem is," honestly, Chanyeol didn't mean to sound so snappy. He'd just had enough of too much staring and not enough explaining.

"Well, as you know, the company has allowed you two to be together as long as you keep it from the public. What the fans don't know won't hurt them and all that nonsense. You guys are an extremely popular group, so it's kind of a given that you would have some sasaeng fans. You also happen to be unlucky enough to have some that are exceptional hackers. They managed to hack into your phones to steal some rather incriminating photos of you guys." He didn't sound mad as he told them this, just extremely defeated.

"What pictures did they manage to get ahold of? Not all of our pictures were bad enough to start a controversy," Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol could see it in his eyes that Baekhyun was maybe seconds away from a breakdown. He was holding on to a tiny thread of hope that the pictures weren't that bad. That they weren't the pictures that they both thought they were, but to be honest, so was Chanyeol.

"They were the ones from last Valentine's Day," he answered.

He didn't have to give any details. They both knew what he was talking about. Last Valentine's Day, the company had taken pity on all the couples in EXO, and had given them a free day. They had let Minseok chose what they were going to do, since he was the oldest. He'd chosen to just stay at home and get drunk, and they'd all agreed. It was a much idea to spend the day off in the privacy of their own dorm than out in the open, anyway. So, they had spent the better part of the day drinking and having fun, and that night, they decided to spend some time with their significant others. While, Jongdae and Zitao attempted to best each other at their rather extensive collection of video games. Baekhyun had made the mistake of leaving his phone on the couch, forgetting that Jongdae knew his password. After Jongdae and Zitao had finished their game, they'd used Baekhyun's phone to photograph random moments between the couples in their dorm. None of them had the heart to tell them to stop. They didn't until Chanyeol's phone had died, since they'd switched to his after Baekhyun's had died.

They figured no harm could come from the pictures, but they were wrong. Oh so, very wrong. Their manager, Tak Youngjun, had seen some of them, and he had told them to be careful. To make sure that they were never seen by the public. They had been careful, but not careful enough.

"Umm...Youngjun-hyung? I know that the situation has mostly to do with us, since they were our phones, but why did you only tell us? The others are going to find out eventually. So why not just tell us all at once?", Baekhyun asked, but it seemed that he was afraid of the answer.

"I told you two first, because it is partly your fault, you will be the ones to the ones tell your bandmates," Youngjun said as if that was going to make it okay. Honestly, Chanyeol was scared out of his mind, but one look over at Baekhyun told him that he couldn't afford to be scared. Baekhyun needed him right now. His bandmates needed him right now.

"I'll leave it to you guys to figure out how you're going to tell the others. I wish you the best of luck," Youngjun said to them. He then promptly left the room, leaving nothing but that earth shattering revelation in his wake.

"Do you have any idea how we're supposed to tell the others? What if they hate us when we tell them? What if they think it's our fault? What if SM terminates our contracts? What if this is the end of EXO? What if we can't fight the faeries? What if-"

"Baekhyun! Calm down! We'll figure this out, like we always do," Chanyeol was right when he thought that his boyfriend was going to freak out. It had just caught him off guard. Chaneol was in the process of pulling him into a hug when Jongdae walked in. He hoped with all his might that Jongdae had no idea what was going on, but the look on his face told him otherwise. Maybe the practice room wasn't as soundproof as they thought.

"Did I just hear what I think I heard? Please tell me I didn't, because it sounded like hell just broke loose in the worst way possible. That was a joke, right?", Jongdae's voice cracked a lot around the end and he sounded like he was struggling. "Please tell me that we're all not going to die." That last statement was the end of the line for Baekhyun's sanity. It only took him a few moments to break down. He didn't cry and scream, like one might think. He just slowly walked over to the wall and sat down. He hugged his knees to his chest and laid his head down. He didn't move around a lot, but Chanyeol knew he was crying. Chanyeol glared at Jongdae as he made his way over to Baekhyun. He wrapped his arms around his smaller boyfriend, and Baekhyun laid his head on Chanyeol's shoulder. Jongdae kneeled down in front of Baekhyun and started attempting to reassure him. Telling him that it was going to be okay, and that they were going to get through this. "Hey, Jongdae?", he asked quietly, "Can you hand me my phone? I think it's still in my bag." Wordlessly, Jongdae crossed over to the other side of the room. He gave Chanyeol his phone, but didn't ask any questions. He proceeded to return to his mission of calming down Baekhyun. He was doing pretty well, since he'd managed to get him to stop crying.

Chanyeol turned away from the scene so that he could go back to searching his contacts for a specific number. "Hello? Junmyeon-hyung? Can you do me a favor? I need you to get the dance studio. I have something I need to tell you, but I need all of you to be there. I'll give you the details later, but right now I need you guys at the studio," he sounded distraught, but he had a reason for it. Baekhyun was in the midst of having a breakdown. Chanyeol needed to help him, but he had to get this out of the way first. "Do you want me to call Wifan?," Chanyeol resisted the urge to roll his eyes, "Do whatever you have to, just get everyone here." Chanyeol saw Baekhyun look at him curiously. "Family meeting," he said simply before settling back against Baekhyun.