Final

The Mistaken Excuse I Call You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You make stupid excuses just so you can cover up your own mistakes....yet I still like you

 

 

What are the odds of having my life as a series of missed fortunes and bad luck? Simple. The road of unluckiness and accidents is the same road that I happen to be stepping on for the past 18 years of my existence. 

 

For example: you see that dog trying to chase that stick that its owner just threw in the air? Well that's me. And no, I did not mean the dog, I actually meant the stick. 

Being stepped on and thrown around wasn't really a beautiful site if you happen to be someone who pities a nobody like me. 

 

As the school's outcast, I welcome you to my life's mess of constant bullying and consecutive days of being thrown around like a rag doll.

Don't get me wrong, I am not liking this kind of life; I mean who actually would? That's just sick.

But as you can see, I'm used to it, very used to it to the extent of smiling my way out of the pain. Call me crazy but that's just me in general, can't blame the girl who's being bullied for like 10 years now. 

 

Enough talking about my crap personal life, let's get down to business and back to reality.

 

Here I am, slumped lazily on my seat as I listened to Mr. Lee blabber about the school's upcoming prom that will happen three weeks from now.

In all honesty, I love the thought of me wearing gowns and getting all dolled up, I'm still a girl after all. And yet, I'm too tired and energy conscious (simple: she's just too lazy) enough to even prepare myself for prom. 

 

Rolling my eyes, I began to doodle random potatoes and tomatoes on my notebook as I unconsciously began to write a name.

Blinking, I looked down on my notebook and saw that I had written his name beside a drawing of a squashed tomato. Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is my number one talent: drawing squashed tomatoes.

But enough of that, I wrote his name and I swear I feel my cheeks starting to grow red as a tomato. Really? Until now I'm still thinking about tomatoes? I swear I'm not weird.

 

 

Wonder whose name I wrote? You got it wrong people! The name belongs to no other than one of the school's kingka, Byun Baekhyun. What's so special about Byun Baekhyun, you ask? Well the dude's funny, he's good at singing, he hangs out with hot people too, and I heard he's part of the school's soccer team: handsome points. Over all, Baekhyun is just perfect.

 

I took out that folded paper hidden in the middle of the pages of my notebook as I let out a sigh. 

 

Seriously, are love letters still romantic until now? I thought about it before my face began to turn sour, imagining everyone still giving out love letters as they confess their undying love towards the opposite .

 

God, it looks so sappy and ridiculous.

 

Remember Byeol, this is like the year 3326; love letters are considered stupid in this generation.

I thought back during my great great grandfather's time, Park Chanyeol. I remember him telling my mom that love letters were the reasons why he and his wife found love, well that's what my mom told me.

Love letters go way back for all I know, very way back at that. Looks like it's part of history now. 

 

People these days use Bizos and Trones as a way of expressing romance. What are Bizos and Trones? Well, Bizos happens to be a small rectangular box that has three rotix inside it, rotix are small robots that happens to have the shape of a ball.

The way it works is that it sings songs, harmonic love songs at that, and murmurs out the unspoken words of its beholder's thoughts.

Trones are like floating lines that show the imagery of ones heartbeat, it's like proving that your heart is truly beating because of that person. 
 

The school's hilirium began to ring as Mr. Lee had stopped talking, signaling that classes were now finished, placing back the love letter inside my notebook.

I then packed my things, placing my notebook inside followed by my switones, checking if my mother had sent me a message or not. Seeing that I had zero messages and calls, I then shut my table's hologram before I pressed a button on the side, switching it off as my table began to shake then shrank into a small looking box that was small like the size of my palm.

I looked around and saw the others doing the same thing, leaving the glass-made classroom bear with nothing but emptiness, seeing how the tables were no longer visible, already inside each and everyone's individual bags. 

 

Surprised right? Each and every one of us owned a table but it was no ordinary table, it was designed to shrink and grow whichever we granted it. It was also designed to have educational materials to go with it.

Majority of my notes and test results are inside it, that's why I have to be careful and not try to lose it or else my parents would kill me. 
 

I then began to proceed out of the classroom, quietly making my way towards the school's entrance. As I passed the locker areas, I stopped walking as I stared at the man standing there, techno-tablets and his switones in his hand as he rummaged through his locker.

A light smile crept up to my face before I decided to hide behind a random locker, my eyes still glued on him as my smile never faltered. 

 

Why is he so amazingly perfect? I ask myself at least once a day. 
 

Shaking out of my thoughts, I then saw him shut his locker close before he turned to the opposite way, making his way to who knows where. I stared at his retreating figure before I began to pout, leaning against the locker lazily as I sighed dreamily to where he had left.

It felt like such a sin to fall in love with the likes of Byun Baekhyun. He was like the son of the chairman of this school, he's surprisingly rich, and very popular with the girls too. And look at me, I'm just an ordinary girl going to SM Artirium.

 

Sure my parents were both doctors but we weren't that well off like the Byun family. 
 

A thought then came to my mind before I took out the notebook that I was holding earlier, taking out the letter as I stared down at it. Biting down on my bottom lip, I then nodded my head before I looked up, starring at Baekhyun's locker.

I made slow steps towards it, looking to my left and right and saw that the cost was clear, hesitantly slipping the note inside before I wasted no time, running out of the scene before I made it out of the school's building.

I let out a sigh of relief before I began walking my way towards the gates. 

 

I took out a small ball from my bag, suddenly throwing it up in the air before it shifted into a medium length board, floating not so far from the ground before I placed one foot on top of it, kicking the ground before I began to hover my way home.

You ask me what this thing is? Yes, it's a hover board. I still cursed my older brother for buying me the pink colored one, he knows how I despised the color and this is a way of him ruining my life in his small ways.

 

I rolled my eyes and before I knew it, I'm already at home.

 

 

 

 

 

“Parents, I’m home!”

I took mental note to ignore my siblings lounging at the living room, deciding to tease them for a while.

 

“Are we invisible now?

“Noona, I’m also here.”

 

I chuckled at the two before I rolled my eyes, making my way towards the living room as I reached out to pat the younger on the head. I then slumped my lazy unto the sofa before I turn my head to the side, seeing my older brother reading an old book.

“What that?” I peeped over his shoulders as he shrugged me off, I pouted.

“Nothing you’ll be interested about.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Jerk” I mumbled under my breath before I felt a hard flick on my forehead, crying in pain soon afterwards, “I heard that.” He said as he chuckled.

I stood up from the couch as I made my way to the kitchen to where my mom was probably cooking. Placing myself down quietly on the dining table as I stared at my mom's back. Taking the jar of skittles in my hold as I continued to stare at my mom, munching on the round candies. You see, my mother's the type of person who really loves to cook. She literally cooks everywhere, if I mean everywhere then I mean everywhere. 

I chuckled at the thought before I felt arms suddenly draped around me, letting out a light yelp before I gave the culprit a hard punch on the arm. 

"God, dad! Please stop doing that!" He only let out a light laugh as I felt my mom's eyes on us, probably smiling at my pouting face. 

"When will you ever stop scaring the bijesus out of me whenever I get home?" I shake my head as his laugh doubled.

This, ladies and gentle ladies, is my dad. Let's just say my dad isn't not your my-dad's-super-good-looking-since-he's-still-young type of dad. Not kidding, my dad looks like a hobo. An un-shaved potato walking around the house.

But hey, it's not the looks that you're always after right? Because my dad's probably one of the clean freaks here in the entire Seoul. Considering that he and my mom are both doctors, it's a must to stay clean.

What's so special about my dad? Well, he's really active in twitter. If I say active then I really mean very active. That guy practically embarrasses me in that site. One time, he posted a stolen pic of me with my mouth so open he captioned it "My ugly daughter" with a laughing monkey emoticon. 

I mean, who does that? Obviously my dad. 

 

"How's school, potato?" I leaned back to stare at him, raising a brow before I shake my head.

"Fine. Cool" I shrug as I continued to munch on the skittles before I felt someone take it away. I whined at my mom as she gave me stern look, "No desserts before dinner" I crossed my arms before pouting once again before I felt my dad ruffle my hair.

"Go and take a shower, you stink" My dad teased before I gave his arm another punch, sticking my tongue out, "Now I know where Luhan oppa got his bully-ness." I huffed before I stood up to make my way to my room.

 

"I heard that!" 

 

 

 

"Children, do you know what a cell phone is?"

I huff in boredom before I buried my face in between my arms on top of my table. Looking out through the transparent glass on my side as I stared up at the blue sky. The school's hilirium began to ring, signaling that it was lunch time as I packed all of my things.

After I was done, I then walked out of the room. I thought of a place where I should eat as school's garden had come into mind.

I nodded my head before I hurriedly made my way to the place, not wanting anyone or any of them see me because getting bullied now was too much of a time waste for my life.

I swiftly arrived at the garden before I sat myself down on the fountain situated at the middle. Staring down at my reflection on the water before I pursed my lips into a thin line. Long, jet-black hair with brown eyes, tanned skin and a slim figure; I actually don't look bad myself.

I just don't understand why they love to bully me. I mean, I'm smoking hot! Like a potato.

But anyways! I should really start eating my lunch that mom had packed for me. I began to eat on my sandwich before I sipped on my orange juice, looking around the place as I did.

Suddenly, I heard a light cough beside me as I let out a yelp before I whipped my head to the side, seeing an unfamiliar boy beside me. I blinked up at him, my sandwich still inside my mouth and I swear I look like a bloated chipmunk.

He stared back at me before I saw him tilt his head, letting out a chuckle afterwards. I raised a brow at him before I swallowed the food in my mouth.

"What's so funny?" I asked, seeing him still chuckling, "You looked cute." I blinked at his words before I looked away, clearing my throat as I tried not to blush right there.

I let out a light cough before I looked back at him, my brow still rising. "And who are you?" I asked before I saw him sat down on the space beside me, giving enough distance for the two of us.

"Sehun. Oh Sehun." He smiled before he extended a hand towards me. I stared at his hands for like, five minutes straight and I know I looked like a crack head. I immediately reached out to shake on his hand, feeling how soft his skin was.

Okay no, just no.

"And yours?" He looked at me, his smile never leaving his face. I must admit, this dude beside me was like God himself. Look at that freaking smile, he could move mountains good lawd. I composed myself before I smiled back.

"Kim Byeol" I simply said before I nodded my head, shaking his hand once again. Sooner or later we both pulled away or I might just turn into a total creep who loves to hold his hand. I mean, who wouldn't? His hands were freaking soft like a baby's .

Before I could turn to him again and ask as to why he was here out of all places when the thing on his hand had caught my attention. My eyes began to widen before I looked up at him.

"Y-You! Why do you have that?" I asked with my tone a little bit too high as I pointed at him. "What do you mean? This was in my locker. How would you know about this unless..." I heard his tone soften before he looked at me. "In your locker?! Why would it be in your locker?! But I clearly saw Baekhyun open his-"

"You saw who now?" He raised a brow at me, leaning a bit closer to my liking as I placed a hand over my mouth, looking away. "You heard nothing." I shrugged before I stood up but was immediately pinned back down by my wrist.  "What  " "You were the one who slipped this in my locker, right? Because you thought it was Baek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter