Before Midnight or Before I Fall For You?

Wheeinderella
Please log in to read the full chapter

Wheein’s POV

“Aish, why did they have to make this a semi-formal event?” I said, changing into my dress. As you can probably tell, I don’t like wearing dresses, skirts, or anything I’d classify as ‘girly’. It’s just not my thing.

“Wheein-ah!” I heard Hwasa yell as I walked out of the bathroom.

“Yah! Quit screaming, would you?” I shot her a glare as I slipped on a pair of heels.

“I told you. You look great: light blue dress, sweetheart neckline, cream and pink rose pattern, cream heels. But why didn’t you get ready at your house? I could’ve done your nails and stuff.” She said, putting eyeliner on me.

“I had to drive my motorcycle to school, okay? Hang on, is the makeup really necessary? Come on, you already picked out what I’m wearing.”

“Let it be, Wheepup. I mean, it’s not every day that we see you walking around in a dress and with a height past 5’3.” Byul-unnie snickered as she slung an arm around my shoulders.

“Look who’s talking. You just wear dresses and heels because you can’t say no to Krystal. I thought we were in this together, you traitor! You’re weak! Weak, I say!” I shot back, attempting to punch her arm. Unfortunately, with Byul-unnie holding me by the forehead, I was kept at a fairly long arm’s length, Hyejin turning into a laughing mess against the door.

“Unless you want to look like a raccoon,” She grabbed me and forced me onto a chair, “sit your down and hold still. This is the last time I’ll be able to treat you like a doll.” In fear, I hardly moved a muscle. She could’ve stabbed my eyes out.

“Oh, look at that.” Byul-unnie ruffled my hair. “Who’s a good puppy? Good puppy-”

“Byul, cut that out!” Krystal said, sending an icy glare her way. “Quit messing with Wheein and let’s go.”

“Whipped.” Hwasa and I said in unison, Byul-unnie harshly hitting my shoulder.

“BYUL!”

“Yes, dear.” She hung her head low and quickly followed her girlfriend.

After what seemed like hours, Hwasa was finally satisfied with how I looked. She fixed my matching pink belt into a bow and, well, dragged me into the main hall.

“Hyejin, don’t leave me.” I pleaded, feeling quite a number of eyes looking at me.

“What?! C’mon Wheein, I’d never do tha- Ooh, chicken!” She rushed off to the buffet table and tried to stop Onew-sunbaenim from taking the whole tray. Wait a minute, what’s he doing here?

“Wheein,” A voice interrupted my thoughts, “surprised to see us?”

“Taeyeon-unnie? Didn’t you guys already graduate?”

“Aish, you didn’t think we’d miss your graduation party, did you? We missed you guys. Besides, Sica wanted to be here for Krystal. Hang on, where is Krystal?”

“Over there.” I replied, pointing across the hall where Krystal was blatantly ignoring Byul-unnie.

“Hmm.. Did Byul say something stupid or is it a Jung sister mood swing?” Taeyeon-unnie chuckled.

“I’d say a mixture of both.”

“Well, you learn to live with it. But you gotta admit, it’s funny seeing Moonbyul doing whatever Krystal wants when she’s the older one. Good thing I was never like tha-”

“Taeyeon!” An angry-looking group of unnies walked up to us, led by none other than Jessica-unnie.

“Coming, dear.” I watched, chuckling as Taeyeon-unnie shot me a glare.

“We turn our backs for a second and you decide to leave us? Hi, pretty Jung.” Jessica-unnie said, stopping to give me a hug. “Yah, stop bothering Wheein, it’s their night. Plus, you don’t look that young anymore.” All the other unnies gave me hugs as we watched the two eldest bicker.

“We don’t have that big of an , excuse you. Plus, I have the baby face. It works!” Taeyeon-unnie reasoned out.

“Come here,” The ice princess demanded, “now.”

“Nuh-uh, you come here.”

“Taeyeon.” Sica-unnie said darkly.

“Yes, dear.” Taeyeon-unnie crumbled under her girlfriend’s gaze and followed.

“Graduates of school year 2015-2016, it’s been a real pleasure seeing you all grow up and turn into amazing students here at Rising Sun Academy. I hope you all do well in college, whatever your courses may be. Just remember, pick something you love to do, and the academy’s doors are always open for you.” Ms. Park, our school principal, said with a smile. “Anyway, I’m sure you’d all want to make the most of tonight, so let’s get this party started!” Everyone cheered as the music started playing.

“Hey.” A familiar voice greeted me as I felt a pair of arms around my waist. “You look beautiful.”

“Yongsun-unnie.” I gulped, turning around to find her looking at me. Oh my god, what is wrong with me? She looks so- stop it! Staring’s rude-but she’s so pretty! Stop staring! Am I arguing with myself? I must look like an idiot now. Way to go, Jung. Okay, let’s just say that calling her ‘drop-dead gorgeous’ would still be an understatement.

“Come on, let’s go find the others. ‘Cause when we party, we do it together!” She yelled, grabbing my hand and racing off to our friends. Oh god, now we’re running. I probably look like Bambi trying to walk on ice. Did I mention I hate heels?

I cracked up seeing Irene, Seulgi, Hwasa and Amber going nuts on the dance floor. Apparently, Irene had challenged Amber to a dance battle. Irene started off by doing pops and locks to Rihanna’s Umbrella, and Amber was- wait, why

Please log in to read the full chapter