One

Think Murder

DISCLAIMER: May contain some bad words.

Eunji regained consciousness almost immediately and panicked.

She was lying in a fetal position, hands and feet both bound. The floor was wood, by the feel of it, and if the wall was made of the same material, then the room definitely wasn't soundproof. That would mean people will definitely come if she tries screaming for help, but people noticing was the last thing she needed. Besides, the fabric gagged around effectively stopped her from making any sound whatsoever. The binds on her hands and feet, however, were about as secure as tissue paper, which meant that the only problem Eunji would have was the door five meters away from her. It was plain, with a metal grey knob, and she had no idea whether it was locked or not.

Before she could even start contemplating escaping her bonds, she heard faint footfalls. They got louder and abruptly stopped. She heard the jangling of keys. She heard a knob being turned. Oh, right, she thought stupidly. She immediately feigned unconsciousness once more.

The door opened, but it didn't close. A man (Eunji took a sniff and tried not to wrinkle her nose, telltale signs that it really was a man) grabbed her chin, looking her left and right, then grabbed her wrist, feeling the steady beat underneath.

"Still alive," The man announced, his voice surprisingly a bit high-pitched yet coarse. "What do we do with this?"

"Get rid of it," another voice, feminine, replied. "But not before you have some fun beating the absolute out of her. The boss knows there's someone spying on us. Bet you a jjajangmyun and two bottles of soju that this is the one we're looking for."

"I'm gonna take you up on that offer," the man replied a bit greedily.

"Shut up, Zitao, and do your job." The woman replied lazily. Eunji heard heels clicking farther away. Pretty soon she knew that she was all alone, apart from "Zitao" who seemed very excited to "beat the out of her."

"This is gonna be fun," Eunji thought she could almost hear the smirk in his voice as she felt the hand leave her wrist and grasp her thigh.

It was so not fun.

In one fluid motion, Eunji pulled her hands free from the bind and her face in the space she felt Zitao's face was. She was rewarded with a sickening crack and a pained howl from Zitao. "MY NOSE!!" he cried. All his hands effectively left Eunji's as his entire attention channeled back to the excruciating pain in his face. Eunji used this situation to calmly free her remaining body parts, stand up, and leave, the door closed and locked.

"Enemy stronghold officially infiltrated," she said to seemingly no one in particular, finding herself in a fairly desolate hallway. But the fact that someone had just howled and that the room wasn't soundproof indicated that it wouldn't stay that way much longer.

The earpiece in Eunji's ear suddenly gave off static sounds.

"Oh, god, Eunji, why the hell did that take so long?" Hakyeon exclaimed. "We thought you were dead!"

"Aish, I thought you were used to that, Hakyeonnie," Eunji said, taking a random stairwell. "I had a little business to take care of."

"Of course you did," Hakyeon muttered. "Two things: Don't call me that. Call me by my oh so cool spy name N. N. And another thing?"

"Yeah?" Eunji said, stopping in her tracks.The pounding steps on the staircases above her didn't sound so good.

"That stairwell is full of mobsters. Head back to that hallway."

Eunji did so, only to find out that the hallway was already packed. Zitao was smack-dab in the middle of them, his nose bleeding. He pointed to Eunji. "GET HER!!!"

Eunji rolled her eyes.

"Oops." Hakyeon muttered. "Deal with that, will you?"

"Like I have a choice," Eunji got out her gun and started shooting people down. "Where to now, Mr. N-is-for-No good partner?"

"The other staircase at the other end of the hallway. It should lead to your target."

Eunji dodged as a fist made its way to her head, shooting the assailant in the ankle. Standing up once more (and after shooting a few more bad guys), she made her way the end of the hallway, finally climbing up. All of a sudden, a hand gripped her ankle, pulling her down the stairway, almost breaking her chin.

"I'm not done with you yet," Zitao growled, pulling on Eunji's leg with extraordinary force.

"Uhm, sorry, but I am." Eunji crouched down and kicked him again, causing Zitao to instantly release her leg and howl once more. She resumed climbing up, oddly not meeting any mobsters in the way. She climbed until she reached the rooftop--which was full to the brim of mobsters. In the middle, a helicopter was clearly waiting to be cleared for takeoff.

Usually, Eunji didn't complain when she fought bad guys--after all, that was what she was paid to do. But a ratio of 60 to one seemed a little bit over the top.

"N? Where's my back-up?" she asked.

"Why? Having a little trouble?"

"You're the one with the all-seeing detective device. You tell me."

"She'll be there in--"

A crack burst behind Eunji, blasting the rooftop door's frame to pretty much nothing. A slender figure stepped out, brushing the brown bangs out of her face. "Sorry I'm late," She said, taking her stand beside Eunji.

"...She's already there, isn't she," Hakyeon asked.

"Pretty much." Eunji confirmed. "Chorong, give me cover will you? I need to head straight for that chopper."

"Will do," Chorong agreed, clicking her gun, officially starting the bloodbath. Together they waded their way through the mobsters, until they reached the chopper.

A woman stood there, holding another figure. The figure looked like a guy--except for the fact that he had long brown hair, sloping down smoothly to his shoulders. His face was also almost too pretty for a boy's. His eyes would've been gorgeous, if only they weren't quietly pleading Eunji and Chorong to run for their lives.

"You're too late," She announced. "Boss is long gone."

The voice told Eunji that this was the same girl that met her in the wooden room.

"He's in the chopper, isn't he," Eunji said.

The woman's smug look faltered, but quickly recovered. Wordlessly yet flawlessly, she let go of the boy and shot Eunji's ankle, before climbing the chopper and quickly flying away.

Eunji immediately crawled to the figure, heping him regain his bearings. She quickly reassessed her ankle. It wasn't even bleeding, just sore and turning a lovely red color from when Zitao grabbed her down. The stupid woman missed.

As Chorong quickly called for pickup, Eunji helped the boy stand. His eyes looked around him wildly, before meeeting Eunji's calm ones.

"They didn't get the right one..." He muttered listlessly, before falling into Eunji's arms and out of consciousness.

"N?" Eunji said.

"...Yes?"

"We've got another mystery in our hands."

~~~~

Well, that's that so far!

Sorry for not introducing the plot just yet, but I just wanted to give Eunji a really awesome intro. I think I might edit this one, though. It's not yet that good in my eyes, considering this was written in an absolute hurry *apologizes profusely*

But was it good? Who do you think the mystery person with beautiful hair was? Do Eunji, Hakyeon, and Chorong have good teamwork? Who is the Boss?

Comment, and subscribe!

May the upvotes be with you~

 

<3,

yeolhyunnie