160222 - Bunny Boy

Velvet Apples

pairing: seungjun x youjin (double j)
world: semi-au // youjin has white bunny ears
length: 889 words


  He shifts on the bench, turning onto his side from where he lies on the wooden surface. A small frown mars his expression at the uncomfortable feeling he gets struggling to rest peacefully. A silent sigh leaves his mouth as he stills once again. 

  The practice room is almost empty save for Youjin and his straggling band members. They'd been working tirelessly to make sure they could give their Tinkerbells their best performance yet. However, the eldest member thought perhaps he had been working too hard. His breath came out in small puffs rather quickly as his heart pounded in his chest. Youjin hoped the others wouldn't notice, wishing to be left alone to rest on the side of the room. 

  This, of course, would never become true with members such as his. 

  Pale, floppy ears twitched on his head as someone's fingers brushed over them. 

  "Youjin-ah." 

  A deep voice that obviously belonged to KNK's second oldest member greeted the bunny-eared boy as he kept his eyes closed. Another sigh left Youjin's mouth before he gave in and rolled onto his back. 

  Opening his eyes, he was met with the sight of Seungjun sitting next to his head and looking down at him. 

  Youjin gave him a questioning look but only received a small smile in return before Seungjun's fingers were running through his hair. Dare he say it, Youjin almost felt content with the contact. 

  He allowed himself to close his eyes as Seungjun carefully moved to put Youjin's head in his lap. 

  Everything was fine as the two stayed like that, the other three members saying their goodbyes and heading back to the dorm together. It wasn't until Seungjun's hand moved over his ears again that Youjin began to get uncomfortable. 

  To be honest, he'd always been embarrassed by them. 

  He had to hide them during performances with special extensions. In VApps he wore hats just to cover them up. His mother tried to teach him that they weren't anything to worry about, but Youjin could never identify with that. Besides, being in KNK had given him a manly image and he didn't want to ruin that for the fans. So hidden away they stayed. 

  Except, Seungjun seemed to think the exact opposite of Youjin's abnormality. He was constantly playing with his ears, petting the soft fur and being all-around fascinated with this secret part of Youjin most people didn't get to see. 

  Seungjun continued to play with him until Youjin couldn't take the unease, sitting up quickly. 

  "Youjin...?"

  He remained silent, only turning to put his feet on the floor. Seungjun made sure to scootch closer to Youjin on the bench as the eldest tried to smile helplessly. 

  Youjin reached for his hat immediately, hoping to cover his ears and leave them tucked away. 

  Seungjun managed to beat him to it by taking the hat out of his hand and placing it on the other side of him. The older almost whined at the action but kept his mouth closed. 

   The other sent him a questioning glance before rolling his eyes.

  Putting his hands on Youjin's shoulders, Seungjun carefully slid him off the bench, following behind him till they were both sitting on the floor. Too tired to deny the actions, Youjin allowed the younger's arms to wrap around his waist and pull him close enough that they were touching chest to back. 

  "Seungjun." he started, leaning his head back on the other's shoulder, ears flopping down behind his head. "What are you doing?" 

  "Cuddling you." Seungjun replied into his neck, hand reaching up to the back of Youjin's head. A third sigh followed. 

  "Why?"

  "You look like you need it."

  "What makes you say that?"

  By now, the smallest of frowns - a pout really - rested on Youjin's face. Though he found himself relaxing in Seungjun's arms he couldn't necessarily say he was enjoying it...that much. 

  "You always hide them."

  Ah, so that was it. His ears.

  "It's my choi-"

  "They're not a bad thing." Seungjun's voice had taken on a childish tone as he interupted him. The eldest could tell Seungjun was pouting by the way his lips pursed against his neck. Moving his hands, Youjin awkwardly put them over Seungjun's arms wrapped around his waist and didn't speak. "They're really cute, and soft." As he said this, Seungjun's hand ran over the fur of his ears again. 

  "I'm not suppo-"

  "Let me finish." 

  Seungjun's arms tightened around his waist. He could only nod.

  "As I was saying, they're really cute. I don't think you need to be ashamed of them." This time the sigh came from Seungjun's mouth and not Youjin. "You don't need to hide them either. Our Tinkerbells will love you just the same." 

  Youjin didn't know how to reply, instead closing his eyes and finally, completely relaxing in Seungjun's grip. 

  "I like them anyways."

  This brought a smile to Youjin's face as he could hear the grin in Seungjun's voice. 

  "Thank you." he mumbled. Though he didn't see it, he felt Seungjun nod his head on his shoulder before the two fell into a comfortable silence. 

  Youjin wasn't sure if he'd be showing anyone else his secret any time soon, but took comfort in the fact that he had people that already accepted him for who he was. 


notes before the story

basically, Youjin has bunny ears for whatever reason. the really floppy kind, and they're white, and Seungjun likes to play with them. NO tail, NO whiskers, etc. just the ears on the top of his head. haha. something cute, but also anime-esque in lighting and feeling. otl am i even explaining this right?

scenes
- youjin lying on his stomach (on a bench or something), maybe almost asleep
- seungjun petting his ears + hair/head whenever
- ^^^ youjin relaxing with his back against seunjun's chest when the other cuddles him
- falling asleep together in the same bed
- youjin being really embarrassed and blushy about his bunny ears?
- ^^^ seungjun reassuring him that they're fine and he loves them

 

+ ah, i got the first one done! ;u; i hope you guys enjoyed it. i had a lot of fun writing about youjin having bunny ears. >u< personally, i think it suits him, but you don't have to agree. this was just a cute idea that came from their random play dance when youjin lost and had to wear the bunny headband. if you enjoyed it, that's awesome! comments would be great, and i hope to see you in future chapters soon to come!