Holdin' On To [Love] Nothing

Holdin' On To [Love] Nothing

    “What do you think you’re doing?!”  Jin Goo yelled out.  The servants stopped whipping Lady Choi and backed away from her.  Yoona had her eyes fixed on Jin Goo, who was walking in with anger in his eyes.  “The fact that she barely came into the palace and you’re already punishing her and for what reason?”  he asked.

    “Take her out and clean her wounds.”  he demanded.  Yoona was going to stop him but she didn’t want to cause any more trouble.  She look tough.  The servants obeyed and walked away.  

    “What are you doing, teaching the concubines like that?”  he asked coldly, Yoona stood up and walked down her throne to reach to him, she bowed.

    “This is my job, this is where I stand, this is where I’m in charged.  So don’t include yourself.”  she retorted at him with anger.

    “How can you say that to the King?”  Jin Goo retorted back.

    “I’m the Queen.  The Queen is in charge of the inner palace, it’s not the King’s job.  If people outside of the palace were to see this, do you think they’ll respect me?  The Queen?”  She knew it had hit him.  

    “I’m not telling you how to take control, I’m asking you-”  Yoona cut him off.

    “Are you asking me how I teach the concubines, or how I treat her?”  she asked, Jin Goo was taken aback.  Yoona walked passed him with a straight face back and forth.

    “I teach your concubines how to respect those who have a higher position than them.  I teach them that their positions were meant for them and not to let anyone take it away from them.  That is what I teach them.”  By the time of her last word, she was already standing in front of him, looking at him straight in the eyes.

    “You’re so confident.”  

    “Isn’t that why I’m the Queen.”  She says before walking back to her throne.

    “I pity you.  I feel sad for you.”  she stops at his remarks and turns around.  He smiles evilly and walks up to her.

    “What you want is something I won’t give you and it’s killing you.”  he said, he sits down on her throne.  She didn’t dare to turn to face him, because tears were already coming out from her eyes.  She wipes them away and turns back at him.

    “You should feel bad for me.  You’re my husband.”  she said stepping down from her throne.  “Everyone here is holding onto someone, except me…  The servants are holding onto me and you, the knights are holding onto you, and lastly…  The concubines are all holding onto you.”  he had a question face.  “But what am I holding onto?  My throne.  You let go of my hand the day you married me.  You left me all by myself.  You forgot about me, you went and made love to other women.  After we got married, all I had to hold was your mother, but then she passed away and now what?  Who am I holding onto?  I’ve got no one to hold onto.”

    “I’m not telling you how to run your position.  But just a reminder…  Think about how you and I look to the citizens if they find out that their Queen was punishing the King’s concubine.”  he said and walked away.  Once he walked out of the room, her knees gave up on her and she fell down to the floor, eyes weeping.  Her servant crouched down next to her, crying also.