fin.

secret.

Before you guys reading this, I would like to apologize for any flaws in this fic bcs honestly noau(reality au) is my weakness and im not used with this style of writting. I promise i'm gonna give you guys a better written fic on the future.So I hope you guys will enjoy this and send me any kind of idea, opinion or etc. I love you guys ♡

 

 

 

 

 

 

Brian sighed, his fingers tapped on the keys of his laptop and he felt a certain emptiness. It was over. Five weeks of touring had left them tired and exhausted, perhaps it was the fact they’d finally taken a rest. They have a busiest year ever in their career, releasing a full studio album, debuted at America, and a world tour. But, Brian mind still can’t stop thinking about one certain thing.

He is happy that now he is home, in this apartment that he moved in together with Jae after their dorm contract is expired. Of course he is sad about leaving their dorm after all those years, but he is happier that now he is freely to do anything he wants with Jae –

because their love was hidden from the world and their relationship is not exist at the outside world.

 

 “Brian?” Jae called, footsteps echoing off the cream walls in the hallway. Brian turned his head meeting Jae’s gaze, lips twitching into a smirk before he stepped closer to the blond. “Since we’ve finished the tour, and we have some time to ourselves I thought, you know,” Jae giggled sheepishly, hand resting at the nape of his neck as his eyes divert to his socks.

 “I want to take you out and celebrate.” He tentatively trailed his eyes up to meet Brian, who wore a proud grin on his face. “And I’ve already got it booked.” Jae added quickly before pushing Brian’s laptop to the side and sitting on his lap (arguably not the most comfortable position by any stretch of the imagination).

“Thank you.” Brian mumbled, arms wrapped around Jae’s waist and head resting on his chest. “Won’t we get caught though, fans and-”

Panic started to kick in, his head was clouded with twisted ‘what if’s and he couldn’t think straight.

“Relax, Brian.” Jae feathered a finger under Brian’s chin and forced their eyes to meet. “I promise nothing will happen.” And after a tender kiss, Jae stood up and led Brian to his room.

After about an hour of deciding what to wear Brian settled on button up denim shirt and a pair of black jeans. His head snapped to Jae standing at the doorway, immediately walking in.

“You look good, as usual.” Jae almost whispered, placing a kiss to his cheek. “Let’s go.”  Jae smile before putting on his mask as usual, every time when both of them are going out. Brian sighed slowly as he also putting on his black mask. Mask ks their number one essention if both of them go to a dare. They walked hand in hand together but then Jae stop holding his hand after they stepped out from the lift and again, Brian knows why Jae needs to stop holding his hand.

*

The sun had set and the night air was lingering with frost (it being the middle of November) but neither man’s smile faltered from their lips.

“Jae, you really know how to spoil me.” Brian chuckled, Jae opening the door of the restaurant for him to walk in. “You know,” He starts, squeezing Jae’s hand tightly once they’re inside, “I am so proud of you.”

“I’m happy that you are proud at me.” Jae jokingly says before he nods at the waiter, showing them to their seats.

“You booked a table overlooking the Seoul scenery?” Brian’s eyes were wide in disbelief, looking at the huge window beside their table.

“Only the best for you, besides I think we both need this - time together away from the cameras and lights.” Jae curls his lips to a smile.

A chorus of gasps snapped them out of their loved-up daze, and they turned their heads in unison to the centre of the restaurant; a man, kneeling on the floor with a velvet box in an outstretched hand. Neither man could help the flutter of their hearts as the woman sitting on the chair stood up and wrapped her arms around his neck, a string of hiccups and “yes” filling the quiet atmosphere. Brian retracted his hand from Jae’s grasp, the single thought of ‘that could be us’ circling his thoughts.

They ordered, Jae waffling on about some funny video that he found on instagram earlier that day and promptly stopped when the food arrived. Brian didn’t say much, mind cast in an entirely different world - blaming it on the jet-lag. Jae insisted he pays, although their money is shared and Brian protested with the fact that it was Jae’s idea, which Jae replied with that’s most definitely why he should pay.

As soon as they left they were bombarded with people asking for photos, and Brian wouldn’t usually mind, but today all he wanted to do was hold Jae’s hand without a care in the world. Some people questioned them, but Brian was quick to reply with “just a dinner with our managers”, although he could tell they weren’t buying it - they stopped believing his lies long ago.

Perhaps they’d had slightly too much to drink, but they certainly weren’t drunk. Brian hung his jacket up in the hallway, kicked his shoes off and flopped on the sofa with a huff. He contemplated scrolling through twitter but decided against it, it’d be full of “jaehyungparkian” anyway. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to hide them, he could think of nothing better than to kiss Jae at their concert and hold his hands in the streets, tell the reporter that all of his love song that he wrote are actually for Jae and most importantly, telling everyone that how much he is in love with Jae .

“Brian, are you okay? Have I said something wrong?” Jae asked, swirls of pain etched into his eyes.

“No Jae you’ve done nothing wrong, I’m fine I really am, just tired.” Brian smiled weakly, patting the seat next to him. “The restaurant was lovely, I don’t think I ever thanked you.” Brian mumbled against Jae’s lips, hand cupping his cheek. Their lips brushed and the older couldn’t hold back a smile as theirs tongues intertwined, and it felt perfect.

“Can we go to bed? I think I could sleep for a hundred years.” Jae rubbed his eyes once they pulled apart.

“Of course we can, I think I could too.” Lies. Something told Brian he wouldn’t get a wink of sleep.

Usually he felt safe in Jae’s arms, but tonight he just wanted to untangle himself from all of the suffocation and just be free. He lay awake, Jae’s gentle snores and heavy breathing the only noise in the room.

His mind was racing with how he’d even approach Jae on the subject of coming out to the public. Would he even want to? They hadn’t discussed anything of the sort before, not since 2015 when everything its head and the only thing that would come out of their mouths was bitter tasting insults and salty tears cascading down their faces.

Brian gave up, opening his eyes before throwing back the covers and gently placing a kiss on Jae’s head. He flicked the switch to the kitchen, careful not to make any sound that will wake Jae.

He stood still in complete silence in the middle of the kitchen, half torn between switching on the coffee machine, but also running back to bed and crawling under the covers for the rest of time, clinging to Jae’s hand as though his life depended on it. But in a terrifying, yet unmistakably exciting way, it did.

Brian was so deeply, unequivocally in love with Jae that it made him giddy, but those feelings were abashed with the overwhelming realisation it could only be behind closed doors.

Kisses were only shared when the curtains were drawn in case of any detective-esque fans or paparazzi, and even their other band mates. I love you’s only exchanged when out of earshot from anyone around them.

All Brian want is to tell someone other than both of them, that they were madly in love and there are not just a everyone best friend goals.

He wanted to be able to watch on adoringly as his boyfriend performed his solo performances at their concert without it being overanalysed and a jaehyungparkian-based hashtag trending as a result. He wanted to hold Jae’s hand as they walked down the street, and have a lover’s tiff in the supermarket over what kind of cereal to buy, sealing the eventual deal with a sweet kiss.

He wanted to be able to kiss his boyfriend of five years on the dance floor as they danced at their tour after party, he wanted to be like the couples surrounding them, laughing happily, tender kisses pressed to foreheads and interlocked fingers weaving effortlessly.

Why couldn’t they be like that?

Why couldn’t Brian hold Jae in his arm at their concert encore, pressing his lips to Jae’s hair as he told him again just how proud he was. Why couldn’t they be like everyone else, not kept behind closed doors?

It would never be quite enough.

Brian was so deep in love, he would drown in it if it were to real-life scale, but he could never show it on his face. Whenever he looked at Jae it would be screenshotted on every social network, complete with psychological analysis and unnecessary – albeit generally accurate - conclusions being drawn. It killed him a little more whenever the camera switched on or the door opened, and Brian and Jae were no longer the couple that were so in love, they were just two platonic best friend that can’t and will never been in love.

He hate it when during the interview, the interviewer will asked him who is his ideal girl or what type of girl that he likes. He even hate it more, when he needs to answer about his relationship with Jae because he doesn’t know how to answer that question.

“We are more than a friends but less than a lover, because we are a bestfriend”

Brian knows, and even Jae knows that both of them are not only a bestfriend, they are more than that. But both of them also know, that they will never tell the truth even till the day the die. Their love is homeless, unless when both of them are alone together.

 

Brian rested his hands on the kitchen counter as he tapped out a tuneless melody, breathing in and out as he attempted to gather his thoughts. It often left him speechless, breathless, even, how perfect they were for each other. It was as if they were each other’s perfect fit, in both personality and physically, everything was shared. Humour, clothing, secrets, composing a song together, hushed affection accompanied with disguised.

A stolen glance was apparently too risky for Jae, as it was rare that he ever initiated eye-contact in public that Brian wasn’t already reciprocating, he wished it could be different.

The last time he was like this, he was sobbing in the corner of the living room at three a.m., and at noticing the absence in the bed, Jae had ran into the room and crouched in front of Brian, hushing soothingly and whispering sweet nothings as he took Brian’s hands in his.

“I’m yours. I love you more than anything, and I’ll always be yours, forever” he whispered, sincerity evident as his tone was steady as a rock. He then kissed Brian tenderly, pulling away only to wipe away the remnants of tears from the blond’s cheeks, and pulled him onto his lap, playing with his hair absentmindedly as they sat in silence, just watching the sunrise through the slits below the blackout curtains.

But it was now nearing two a.m. and Brian was still alone, wrapped up in his thoughts, but he had now managed to fix himself a cup of coffee which laid untouched on the table, his laptop laid open beside it, displaying his screensaver. A picture of them from Japan, beneath a cherry blossom tree, Brian placing a soft kiss to Jae’s cheek and Jae feigning shock as his hand rested on his other cheek, and his mouth was in a perfect ‘o’ shape. It always made Brian smile fondly, it was the one time he felt truly free, expressive, open to the world.

One day they didn’t even leave the hotel, just completely wrapped up in each other and the ability to do whatever they pleased, nobody to maintain them or keep them to a schedule, it was the day that stuck in Brian’s memory the most.

It was miraculous, how different they acted on Japanese soil, spending their new year holiday breaks at the Japan is the best decision that both of them ever made. Jae eagerly grabbed for Brian’s hand every time they to a new street, and clutched onto it, squeezing it every time he spotted a stall he was far too enthused about. And it made Brian fall that much deeper, he didn’t think it possible.

A sushi bar led to a lady-and-the-tramp-spaghetti type situation, and the giggles that erupted as their lips met were sounds that played through Brian’s mind every time Jae referred to him as a ‘best friend’. Nothing more, nothing less.

On the plane ride home, it wasn’t hard to detect the change. They mouthed a silent exchange of ‘I love you’s behind their menus that were held at the side of their heads, and Jae placed his headphones on and leaned against the headrest. Brian sighed as his head dipped down.

Twenty minutes later Jae’s head rolled onto Brian’s shoulder, and Brian’s heart fluttered at the simple display of arguable affection. He rested his head on Jae’s, and a bubble of anxiety formed in the pit of his stomach as he spoke the words that he had been harbouring for years.

“I think we should tell the others”

Silence. Brian felt tears well in his eyes as he slowly leaned forward to get a look at Jae’s expression. But he was asleep, chest steadily rising and falling, and he clearly didn’t hear a thing. He didn’t mean to have leant on Brian’s shoulder either.

“I wish we could be like that” Brian sighed as he flipped the lid of his laptop down, the memory-triggering screensaver disappearing and plunging the room into darkness, only the energy-saving bulb in the kitchen lighting up the back portion.

He let his coffee grow cold as he sobbed into his hands, keeping Brian and Jaehyung the people, separate to YoungK and Jae the members of Day6 was growing tougher each day. He was sick of articulately dodging questions about his love life during interviews, he was sick of pretending that there is nothing special between him and Jae when anyone asks.

Maybe one day things would change.

“I’m living for that day” Brian sighed, voice broken as he answered his own thoughts, sobbing only heavier when he heard how damaged he sounded.

It seemed both a minute and a decade until the main light was switched on and footsteps padded across the wooden panels, and hands gently grasped Brian’s wrists, pulling his hands away from his head and revealing his red, puffy cheeked state.

“Brian?” Jae asked, genuine concern written all over his face and his own tone of voice shaky.

“I’m fine” Brian answered automatically, gently releasing his wrists from Jae’s grasp, and wiping his teary eyes far too roughly.

 

“You’re clearly not fine… what are you doing out here?” Jae asked, gesturing to the living room in its entirety, gaze lingering on the cold coffee on the table.

“Couldn’t sleep” Brian shrugged, sniffling and wiping his eyes before any fresh tears had a chance to fall.

“Will you please tell me what I’ve done? The last thing in the world I’d want is to annoy or upset you and-“

“You haven’t done anything, alright?” Brian interrupted, wiping his eyes yet again. He didn’t raise his voice at all, he just didn’t want Jae worrying unnecessarily. Hiding their relationship wasn’t that much of a big deal to Jae, evidently, so he didn’t want to rope him into his own panicked state.

Silence took over the two for a few minutes as Jae sat cross-legged on the floor, looking down at his lap. Brian looked everywhere but at Jae.

“Brian, I can’t help you if you don’t-“

“It’s us, okay? It’s us. I’m losing sleep over it and I don’t know if I can keep this up” he snapped, collapsing into a fit of tears, head falling into his lap as he sobbed relentlessly.

“What do you mean, us? Are you saying you want to…” Jae trailed off mid-sentence, and made no attempt to move, not even a muscle.

Brian found himself laughing, the calibre borderline bitterly. “Literally the complete ing opposite” he replied, attempting to not have his voice break again. Thankfully, luck finally decided to work in his favour.

Jae stood up and sat beside Brian on the sofa, and took his hands, prompting Brian to turn sideways and face Jae. Both men sat cross-legged opposite one another, eye contact steady and constant.

“What is the opposite of breaking up, Brian?” Jae asked, the corners of his mouth potentially twitching upwards.

Brian sighed, deciding to simply lay his heart completely on the line. “I don’t want to hide us away anymore, Jae. I don’t want to live another day where I have to pretend I’m not utterly in love with you, and I’m tired of not being able to tell you how much I love you when you do something unintentionally exceptional, like make me the happiest I could ever be just by snapping a selfie of us in the middle of the street” Brian furrowed his eyebrows as he mentally facepalmed himself at his choice of example, but what he said was all completely true.

Jae nodded, and bit his lip as he momentarily broke eye contact to look down at the sofa, then back again.

Brian broke one of his hands free from Jae’s and flipped his laptop open once again, the screensaver illuminating the room further, and he pointed to it.

“I want to be back like we were then, remember that?” Brian asked, and Jae turned his head to look at the screen, and Brian was sure he could see tears teetering on Jae’s waterline a few seconds later.

“I’m sorry” Jae spoke quietly, squeezing Brian’s hand softly, rubbing his thumb over it comfortingly.

“For what?” Brian asked, hoping what he predicted the answer to be would be the reality.

“I thought this was what you wanted, I didn’t think you wanted anyone to know” Jae explained, and Brian felt his eyes involuntarily widen. Before he had a chance to object, Jae continued.

“Yeah, I mean, you’ve always been a kind of private person, especially about the relationship aspects of your life, and I wanted to respect that, I thought it was making you happy. Five years, well near enough, is a long time and I thought it was kind of our routine, you know? Fake smile, fake smile, platonic friend, best friend, and whatnot. I guess I should have just asked, we should have talked about it before” Jae shrugged, squeezing Brian’s hand a little harder as his tears began to dot the sofa cushion, and Brian felt his heart breaking at the sight of it.

He propped a finger underneath Jae’s chin so he was made to greet Brian once again, and he pressed his lips to Jae’s softly, sweetly, no extreme amount of passion was needed in the moment. “I love you, so much” Brian whispered as their foreheads rested against one another’s, and he listened with a small smile as Jae’s breathing slowly regained a normal rate.

“Can I give you something?” Jae asked a few minutes later, after they’d just been lost in each other’s eyes, a silent throw around of pet names and amorous exchanges, a three-thirty a.m. conversation to remember.

“Now?” Brian asked in response, and Jae nodded insistently, and Brian chuckled as he said sure, and it seemed only a millisecond between Jae jumping up from the sofa, running to their room and running back out, placing a silver box (complete with a fancily crafted silver bow) on Brian’s lap and requesting eagerly for him to open it.

“Is this really appropriate for three-thirty a.m.?” Brian enquired, and Jae waved his hand dismissively as he gestured for Brian to open the box, and brought his knees to his chest, and rested his head on them as he watched Brian intently.

Brian set to work on carefully unwrapping the bow as to not rip or tear it, his previous crying sessions now an obsolete memory. As he was lifting the lid, Jae spoke up once again.

“Think of it as an, um, celebratory end of tour present,” Brian raised an eyebrow and Jae blushed, shaking his head then nodding towards the box, encouraging Brian to continue.

 “Jae are you serious” Brian asked, when he see a card in the box that he is holding.

“Inseparable; The pattern on this shield is a true lover’s know. Each strand is able move about the other, yet nevertheless they are inseparable.”

Brian slowly lifts the card to reveal a simple silver talisman necklace that looks from the Victorian era.

“This isn’t exactly the time or setting I had in mind, but…” Jae spoke with a sudden bout of confidence and adrenaline, and it was Brian’s turn to be rendered speechless, his gaze fixed on the necklace in the palm of his hand, admiring in awe how it reflected from the living room lights.

“I know, these five years are hard for you and me but it also the best years of my life. I just want you to know that no matter what happen both of us are inseparable, so I just want you to wait for a while because I promise you one day, we will sort this thing out, I will make sure that both of us can stay out of the closet, and even getting marry at my hometown.” Jae clear his throat before continue.

 “I did have a huge speech and a romantic plan, but frankly it’s nearly four in the morning and I may have forgotten all about it, but… I feel that this is more raw, more us, do you agree?” he asked, and Brian nodded, slowly smiling as he anticipated what was coming next.

 “Oh, screw it. Brian, will you marry me?” Jae asked, and Brian immediately fell to the floor in a fit of tears and giggles, shouting ‘yes’ over and over again and kissing every inch of Jae’s face that he could reach.

Jae sighed in relief and joined Brian in a giggle as he finger, and cupped his hands around Brian’s cheeks as he kissed his fiancé passionately, breaking apart only when the need was dire

Brian wrapped his arms around Jae’s waist and hugged him tightly, sobbing into his chest. Jae enveloped Brian in his arms and held him close, whispering ‘I love you’ over and over.

“Brian?” Jae spoke up a minute or so later, and Brian pulled away to look his lover in the eye, raising an eyebrow in response. Jae slowly taking out something from his hoodie pocket, and shows the necklace that have a same design just like the one that Brian got. Brian broke into happy tears when he saw the word ‘carpe diem’ carved on the necklace pendant.

“Seize the day.” Brian said it slowly. ”Yeah, your favourite quote.” Jae replied before wears the necklace.

“But Jae, what if the others notice about our necklace , it---------“

“Who cares if someone notice. I’m in love with you after all, so what?” Jae says in his usual sarcastic tone.

Brian smiles again before hugging Jae tightly.

*

“Right, that’s everything set up, I think we’re ready” Jae softly said.

“I can’t believe we’re doing this” Brian stated as he breathed out, and Jae squeezed his hand and pecked his lips softly.

“You’re going to do so well” Jae insisted, and Brian felt his cheeks begin to blush.

After another exhale of breath he didn’t know he was holding, he nodded. “Okay, let’s go”

Jae slowly open the door beside them, then three smilling face greet them.

“Hey guys!”

“We have something to said,”

                       

 

and five minutes later, the other three cheering happily for their bestfriend and also bandmates because finally they know that their guess is right, the other two is so madly in love.

 

 

This is so cheesy, so cliche so typical and I dont know how i come up with this, also if u guys curious on how jae and brian necklace look alike.