Can't Wait To Love You

Amethyst Café

 

 

Requested by reginadjww

Hope you love it xoxo

Shownu ft. slight Monsta X

 


 

Song: Can't Wait To Love You
By: Beast

 

“Just, don’t tell anyone that we’re married.”

Shownu’s words kept repeating in her mind as if there’s a replay button in her brain.

Yes, it’s true that Shownu and her end up married to each other due to our parents’ request but to be honest, they have known each other for a long time. Their parents were friend even before they were born into this world.

And because of their stupid promise to have their kid marry to each other… Hit Shownu and her. But Shownu never say no to it and he just agreed; nodding to everything his parents asked him to do.

For her… Whatever it is, she’s the only daughter in her family. It was almost impossible for her to refuse her parent’s request. Plus, her older brother trusts Shownu. He said that Shownu could take care of her really well. That’s what he thought at least.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

It has been 3 months since she married to a guy named Son Hyunwoo. Even he’s kind of cold outside, at least he do take cares of the girl. Maybe he still can’t love her, but at least… He takes care of her. Yeah.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Where are we going today?” Regina asked Shownu who was driving beside her.

“I’m not sure. Where do you want to go?” Shownu asked for his wife’s opinion.

They weren’t used to each other yet as of now, they still stay in different room. Fortunately their parents already bought a house only for them. So, they don’t need to make any excuse for staying in different bedrooms. Luckily.

“Well, it’s all up to you.” She said as she didn’t have any intention to go out today actually… but when Shownu asked her to get ready, she just followed him.

“Then, I have somewhere to take you.” Shownu passed a slight smile to her and continued their journey.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Wait, Shownu… Isn’t this?” She looked around the place and automatically smiled.

He nodded, “Yeah, the place where we usually go with our classmates back then.”

“Why are you bringing me to here?” She asked. She could see a tree that really looks familiar to her. She approached the tree and yes, as she expected there’s her name craved on the bark of the tree.

She slowly put her hand on her name as if she could recall her memories there.

“Regina, what are you doing here? Sneaking Hyungwon?” A super diva girl tapped her shoulders.

“Uh,” She startled. “No, just…” She didn’t know how she was supposed to answer that question. Well, to be honest… She looked at Minhyuk instead of Hyungwon. Oh yes, she has a crush on Minhyuk before.

“Just what?” The girl grinned.

“I—I need to go,” Regina tried to run from her when suddenly she grabbed her hair which made Regina screamed over it.

“Ouch.” She whined, “Let me go.” She said as she grabbed onto the hand that was on her hair.

“I warned you before right? Chae Hyungwon is mine!!!” She warned her and let her go.

Regina glared at her with full of rage. Like what the she tried to do to her? Why the she thought that she has a crush on Hyungwon? That was so ‘ew’? Hyungwon is so ing not her taste, plus he’s a playboy.

Well, unlike Minhyuk… He’s nice and has a sweet smile.

A tapped on her shoulders woke her up.

“Eh, Regina. Long time no see.”

Regina’s eyes widen as she couldn’t believe what she just saw. Wait… It’s her… Choi Youngji. Damn.

“Oh, Youngji.” She wished to run away from here, now.

She looked around to find for Shownu but she couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Where is he?” She muttered alone.

“What did you say?” Youngji asked as she heard like Youngji was talking to her.

“Nothing.” She shook her head.

“So, how’s your life?” Youngji asked an obvious question.

“Well…” She really didn’t want to answer that question. She’s okay, she guessed?

Suddenly, Youngji called someone’s name, “Shownu!” She looked excited as she saw him.

She ran towards him and greeted him, “Hi, what are you doing here?” After she failed to get Chae Hyungwon, her attention went towards Son Hyunwoo. One of the rich boys in the school back then, of course.

But Shownu wasn’t that popular… As he prefers to stay quiet and live his life. He didn’t like attention from people. It’s annoying. Yeap.

“Uh,” He stuttered. He could swear that he hates this girl the most in the world. ing annoying. And everyone knows she always flirt with rich dudes only.

Money digger.

“How was your life now?” She passed a glare to Regina as she asked the question.

Regina just rolled her eyes. How would she react if she ever knows that Shownu is married to me? She will probably kill me. She giggled alone.

Shownu who saw what his wife doing at the back, he frowned.  What was she thinking about? Slowly, he shook his head.

Then, he made a gesture to Regina and asked her to go to the car; and waited for him there. Regina just simply nodded her head and walked away; leaving them behind.

“Youngji, I need to go now. Talk to you later.” He excused himself when suddenly the girl grabbed his hand. He quickly snapped it and looked around as he was afraid that Regina might see the scene.

“Opps, sorry.” She said half-heartedly, “I just want to give this.” She passed an envelope to him.

“What is this?” Shownu asked as he raised both of his eyebrows. Is she getting married?

“Nothing, just an invitation for our class reunion. I passed one to Regina just now.” She paused, “Oh, you might not know her. She’s a loner.” But wait, how can both of them be at the same place?

Shownu looks like he was dissatisfied with the comments she have on his wife. Well, how the she could say that Regina is a loner? She has friend though… Just, not as much as hers.

“Okay, thanks.” He said and leaves the girl behind.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“What did she tell you?” Asked Shownu.

“Nothing. Just some stuff.” Regina answered. She will never tell that Youngji bullied her before.

“You received a card from her, right?” He still focused on his driving.

“Um, yeah. But I don’t think about going.” She said while staring outside the windows.

She thinks that she will be the most stupid girl if she ever had thought about going to that stupid class reunion. Obviously people will disturb her and talk bad about her. Ugh, why would I dig my own grave?

“Why?”

“Why should I go?”

“I don’t care, you’re going.”

“Why should I listen to your words?”

“Why shouldn’t you listen to my words?”

 “Can we stop?”

“No, until you say you’re going.”

“I told you, I. Don’t. Want. To. Go.”

“I told you, you have to go.”

“Why?!”

“Because you’re my wife, Regina!” He said half-shouted.

Shownu’s words made she fluttered.

“It’s not like you’re going to tell everyone that I’m your wife.” She muttered.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Are you sure you want to go?” Asked her friend as she took a sip of the coffee in front of her.

She’s the only one who knows that she was married to Shownu. And she’s also the only person that Shownu allowed her to meet. Yeah, Shownu is kind of… king control?

“I can’t do anything. Shownu said so.” She shrugged. Well, since Shownu forced her to do so… She could do nothing.

“But Youngji and her friends?” She asked as she worried over the girl.

“I’ll be okay, Miyoon.” She paused, “Maybe.”

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“We’re already late, Regina.” Shownu said while took a peek on the watch on his wrist.

“I thought we’re not going together.” She whined while pouted her lips.

“Well, I don’t say that we will.” He shrugged.

“Then?” Regina raised her eyebrows.

“Miyoon is here. She has been waiting for you.” Shownu simply answered it while grabbing the car key that was put on the table besides their bed.

Well, they might didn’t stay in the same room… but you know, sometimes. Uhuk.

“What?!” She said half-screamed. She quickly walked out from the room just to see from above; Miyoon was sitting alone on the sofa in the living room.

She turned her attention to Shownu who still has himself on the bed; playing with his smartphone.

“You should tell me earlier,” She rolled her eyes. “Bye. I will go first.” She said and stomped her legs for few times before continue walking.

Shownu watched his wife walking down the stairs while having a smile and shaking his head, “Do you know that you’re so cute, Regina?”

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Miyoon asked as she focused on her driving.

“Pretty sure, I will.” She simply nodded. “But wait, how can you ever be here?”

“Uh,” She rolled her eyes. “He didn’t tell you?” She sneakily looked at Regina with frowned on her face.

“Tell what?” Regina shrugged.

“Oh God, Regina! You should look at how he forced me to go to that stupid event! Do you think I really want to go there?” She paused, “Hell no! But yeah, Shownu kept calling me every single day; asking me to accompany you. He kept bugging me. He even came to my office just to ask me to go the event with you.”

There’s a slight smile formed on Regina’s lips. Wow, I didn’t know that Shownu capable to do that… For me.

“How can you smile?” She said in an annoying tone. Only God knows how annoyed she was when Shownu kept asking her to go to the event that she thought will be her funeral.

“Do you think he loves me by now?” She smiled as she said that.

“I don’t know?” She shrugged, “Wait, he still didn’t say anything to you?”

Regina shook her head.

“Trust me. He will, one day.”

Regina just makes her lips curved upwards to form a slight smile.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Wow, look at who comes to our party!” Applause came from the whole club.

Both Regina and Miyoon stopped themselves from moving any further.

“Should we just go?” Regina whispered to Miyoon.

Miyoon just shook her head.

Shownu realized the commotion and automatically turned his attention towards the entrance. He smiled as soon as he saw Regina.

“Isn’t that Regina? The loner girl?” Jooheon asked but end up received a glare from Shownu. “Woah, chill dude. Okay, okay. My fault.” Jooheon forget that Regina is Shownu’s wife now. Ugh, how stupid he was.

“Hi, Regina.” Youngji approached her.

“Uh, hi.” She passed a bitter smile to the girl while put his arms around Miyoon’s. To be honest, she wanted to run away but after she saw Shownu’s smile. She prevents herself from doing that. Maybe, her presence here could make Shownu feel better. Maybe…

“Let’s go and sit there.” Youngji reached Regina’s hand and dragged her to one of the sit there. She asked her to sit on the chair and automatically a fart sound came from her sit as soon as she took a sit on it.

The whole club is full with laughter as of now. Seriously, Regina really wants to hide herself in Shownu’s shirt right now. Wait, Shownu? She looked around to find Shownu and she didn’t know why, she felt happy that at least Shownu didn’t laugh or even smile over what happened to her.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Are you sure you want to let Youngji do that to her?” Jooheon giggled as he watched the scene.

He received a glare from Shownu which made he stop giggling. “Okay, sorry.” Jooheon cupped his mouth.

Shownu looked at Youngji with full of rage before rolling his eyes. He let out a deep sigh.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Youngji, stop it.” Someone stopped Youngji from pouring a glass of wine towards the girl.

“Minhyuk, we’re just starting.” Youngji stomped her legs at the ground for few times.

“You could just choose other person right?” He passed a really sweet smile to Youngji because he knows she will stop after he did that.

“Okay fine.” She sighed and put the glass on the table before leaving the girl behind.

Minhyuk then took a sit beside Regina. “Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah.” Regina just simply nodded her head; didn’t dare to take a look at Minhyuk as she was afraid that she might fall for the boy again like in the past.

Minhyuk slowly put his hand on hers but Regina snapped it.

“Sorry.” He stuttered. “I didn’t mean to.”

“I’m okay, Minhyuk. I’m okay.” She said and walked away from the boy to find Miyoon.

 

ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ-ᴕ

 

“Are you okay?” The tapped on her shoulders startled her. She turned around just to see Shownu was smiling at her. She slightly smiled as a reply.

“Yeah.” She mumbled.

“Are you sure?” Shownu tried to hold onto her arms but she avoided it. “Uh. Sorry.” He can’t help it but felt offended with his wife’s action.

 

“No. It’s okay.” There’s an obvious awkward expression on her face. But wait, why would she felt awkward with Shownu? She never felt this awkward before. Maybe because she’s in public and the fact that Shownu asked her to keep their relationship as a secret so… yeah.

 

Suddenly, there’s a voice coming from the stage calling for Regina’s name. Both of Shownu and Regina turned their attention towards the voice and all they saw was Youngji is standing on the stage while smiling at them.

 

“Make your way onto the stage, Regina Yoon.” She said and applauded came from all over the bar.

 

Regina stared at Youngji blankly and try to process what was happening right now in front of her but Shownu have a death cold stare onto the girl and gives her some chills. But who cares?

All she knows she wanted to teach Regina some lessons for flirting with all the hot guys in school back then.

 

But then she started to make herself a way to the stage when suddenly Shownu grabbed her right arms, asking her to stop from whatever she was trying to do. Regina passed a quick stare towards the boy and gave a slight smile to him, assured him that she was totally okay with all of these. Shownu then unwillingly let her hand go and watched her walk away from afar.

 

Once she reached the stage, a huge applause came from all over the bar which make her nervous nevertheless. And now, she regretted. For taking the decision to step up onto the stage. She took a deep breath before finally put her feet up on the stage.

 

“So welcome Regina.” Youngji passed a really damn mysterious smile towards her. Okay, now she felt… scared? “Okay, as you all know, Regina Yoon, the nerdiest girl in our school.” Everyone laugh upon the words.

 

Regina just shut and didn’t dare to bring her head up to look at their reaction.

 

But before Youngji could say anything, Shownu suddenly grabbed Regina’s hand and drag her away from the crowd. Regina try to catch his step but she failed so she end up snapping her hand from his grip.

 

Shownu stopped himself from walking and turned his attention to his wife. He looked at her face and he could see a bead of tears slowly coming out from her eyes. “Regina…” He awkwardly called her name.

 

“Just go.” She mumble but Shownu managed to catch that.

 

“Why would I leave you alone?” Shownu reached her hand put into his both hand. “You’re my wife and it’s my job to actually take care of you.”

 

“That sounds a lie for me.” She wiped her tears. “You never love me Shownu. And yes, maybe you admit that I’m actually your wife, and it’s your ‘job’ to take care of me, but you never really care about me right? I’ve been bottle up this for too long Shownu, from the first the day we were married till this day, there’s none of the day that you would hold my hand in front of the people, proudly saying that I’m your wife, I am your legal wife, or even said sorry to me for not doing those things that a married couple should do. Yeah, I know, it was a forced marriage and I know how much you dislike me back then, but…”

 

Her words stopped when Shownu put his lips on her lips. Her eyes widened but like a doll, she stayed and enjoyed the kiss. Shownu broke the kiss and grabbed her wrist before dragged her back to the club. Everyone turned their attention to the couple when they saw Shownu kept dragging Regina make his own way to the stage.

 

Youngji who was actually still on the stage, find it amusing like how the hell Shownu could be with that nerd girl, and plus. Oh God, wait. Shownu was actually holding her hand!!! Dang.

 

He walked towards Youngji with Regina by his side and passed a smile to her. “Can I perhaps have this mike for a while? It won’t hurt you right?” His words make the whole club laughed.

 

“Uh, sure.” She stuttered.

 

He stood in front of the mike and took a deep breath, trying to arrange his words. “Okay, good evening everyone. As you can see, I’m Shownu.” A big applause come out from the whole squad. “I have something to tell you guys.”

 

Regina didn’t dare to bring her face up and closed her eyes as close as possible.

 

“Regina is my wife.” His statement shocked everyone especially Minhyuk. Who knows the girl he has been crush of for more than 7 years was actually his friend's wife. Well, he couldn't really say that Shownu is his friend but since they're in the same batch.

 

"You're lying right, Shownu?" Youngji said out of nowhere.

 

"Why should I lie? Yes, Regina and me married to each other because of our parents arranged it, and I never loved her before. But after we spent time together for 3 months, yeah I know 3 months wasn't that long, but it's long enough for me to actually develop some feelings to her. I do love her now, as my wife and I want it to stay that way till the end." He turned his face to Regina who was still like before. He slowly put his hand on her chin and lift it up before saying, "I love you Regina Yoon", and put a short sweet kiss on her forehead.

 

The whole squad applaud and there's some of them throw some roses onto the stage and it annoyed Youngji as . She went to Regina and tried to actually push her to fall of the stage but Shownu managed to stop him and immediately the club boo-ed her. She gave up and straightly make her way out from the club.

 

"Don't you have anything to say to me?" He wasn't on microphone anymore but its loud enough for everyone to actually hear it.

 

She stuttered before finally saying, "I love you too."

 

 

[3193 words]

 

 


 

 

 

Truly sorry for the late update, I was so busy with assignments and university is so . I have no time to play around and I dont even bring my laptop along, so I couldn't update it. This is such a quick update from me. Sorry for late Regina! Hope you like this simple short story. Maybe it's not that good but I tried my best to complete it by today ><