Final

I'll Warm It Up For You
Please log in to read the full chapter

I'LL WARM IT UP FOR YOU

 

 

 

 

This is it. The thing you hate the most, waiting. 

One minute turns into ten and without you knowing, it has been thirty minutes since you left home for the meeting with your boyfriend at the park. When your legs start getting numb from standing for too long, you moved to the swing and sit there, pulling the sleeves of your cardigan to cover your bare hands from the cold night. 

You have underestimated the cold tonight. The cold ran chills down your spine. Now you are regretting your choice of clothes before getting out of the house. In this cold night you should be on your bed, inside the comfort of your blanket – no, you need to finish off the work you left first. Your mind started getting frenzy at the thought. Heaved a deep sigh, you try to be patient for a bit more. 

Work can wait. It's your boyfriend who can't. It's been three weeks since you last saw him. Hyunho is a third-year resident at the university hospital. He rarely gets a day off from work and it's limiting the time you spend with him. 

Usually, it was you who went to meet him at his place or sometimes would bring food to his workplace. That's the only way you'd spend time together. It's not much but you are not the type for an extravagant love either. He probably can't stand missing you that he made the first move to meet you.

Now your started getting numb for sitting too long. You take out your phone to look at the time. Great. It's almost midnight. Your eyes fixate on the front entrance of the park. 

Should I give him a call?

As on cue, your phone vibrated indicating an incoming call. Your face brightened for a second but when you saw the name popped on the screen, you scowl in annoyance but you can detect a hint of warmth inside you whenever you saw or heard anything related to your best friend since 'inside the incubator' (as he claimed).

"What do you want?" you ask straight to the point.

You heard him scoffed. A grin appears on your face. It's fun teasing him.

Oh Sehun is your best friend from your childhood. Both of you went to the same middle school, same high school, and even the same university since he said that he'd rather stick by your side than having to make new friends whom he wouldn't know good or bad. 

He always tends to exaggerate things so you don't pay heed at his silliness. Yet, even you thought that he is your other half. He cracks jokes, you laugh. When he cried as he lost in the football tournament during middle school, you cried along with him. Even during tests, you wouldn't let him cheat by himself because you would be joining him passing small notes around the class too. 

He is the most important individual in your life that as much as he sometimes annoys you, you cannot simply ignore the man, your best friend.

"That is not the right way to greet your friend who you haven't meet for a week!"

You roll your eyes at his word.

"I meet you more than I meet my parent, Sehun." 

He replied with a boisterous laugh. 

"Seriously, I'm not in the mood to talk. What do you want?"

"Well, if you say so, I know exactly how to lift your mood. I'm on my way to your house right now. With chicken and beer – a lot of beer." 

His words caught you off guard. You can imagine he happily walks while swinging the plastic of fried chicken on his hand. You bite your lower lip in guilt. He didn't know you are out to meet with your boyfriend and you just can't tell him to go home. You can easily do it to other people but not with Sehun. His little effort counts.

"Um… actually, I'm not at home right now."

"Where are you little girl? It's almost twelve and don't tell me you're at the club or I'll come running there and bring your home. It still weekdays. You have work tomorrow."

You can't count the time you roll your eyes at his words.

"I can't get drunk at the club but you are currently trying to get me drunk with your 'lots' of beer, Sehun."

"That's different..."

"How is that different?" you ask back.

He goes silent for a moment until you heard him cursing softly on the other hand. 

"I don't know! Just tell me where you are…" he whines.

The cold breeze blew right through your cardigan as you shiver. 

"I'm at the park."

You can already imagine his confused face. He'd probably thinking what on earth are you doing at the park in the middle of the night. 

"Waiting for Hyunho," you reply.

"Oh." 

You hate mentioning your boyfriend to him. It's not like any of them hate each other but whenever Hyunho's name was mentioned, only a visually impaired person can't tell –no, they can also tell by instinct that Sehun would behave quite strangely at that. 

He never mentioned that he hates your boyfriend or so. You did ask him if Hyunho ever made him uncomfortable but he always said he is fine with everything.

"You're spending the night with him?" he asks, his voice turns soft.

"No. I'm just meeting him here, he said he wanted to tell me something but I've been waiting for almost an hour and I can't even see him. I'm hungry and cold and sleepy and I can't stop my runny nose," you complain.

You are not the 'aegyo' full type of person but with Sehun it is fine since he already saw more than that. Even if you want to keep anything a secret from him, he will eventually find out anyway so no secret is kept between both of you. It's free when you with him. 

The man chuckles in response. "Is he there yet?"

You turn on your radar, eyes scrutinizing the whole park for any hint of your boyfriend but you can't detect a single soul around you. Just a squirrel from the nearby tree ran down the trunk trying to pick up the nuts it drops from its nest.

"I don't think so," you said, "I might give him a call."

You heard Sehun hums. "Okay then… hey, want me to got to you and bring you something warm?"

Look at that, his thoughtfulness. No one can hate him at that. Sehun is famous for his mischievous behavior but he is always considerate and sometimes even you couldn't help to find him lovely than your boyfriend. Gosh, if Hyunho hears this he is going to be upset.

"I want Mocha. Not too hot-"

"I know. Not too hot, not too cold, just right." he cuts your word.

Your lips curve upward at that. 

"Yup. Thank you, Sehun."

"I'll be there soon."

"Okay."

When the call ends, you quickly shove back the phone inside the pocket of your cardigan and let your hand lingers in the warmth of the pocket. 

You were about to move towards the slide because you are getting bored of waiting and that is when you heard footsteps coming from the left side of the park. Turning your head swiftly towards the direction, you saw Hyunho. 

Your eyes widen slightly. He had his hands rub together as he walks towards you. You couldn't keep your eyes off him – not exactly at him but to the person tailing behind him in quick footsteps to match with his. 

"Hey," he greets.

You fix your eyes to your boyfriend. Despites from looking good as usual, the aura he carries tonight is not the same, friendly and home-like feeling but rather awkward, and you can trace nervousness emits from him.

"Hi." It took you a while to reply.

"Did… you wait long? Sorry, I…" he glances at his back, towards the girl before pulling her to stand beside him as you watch him links his fingers on her petite ones.

"I had to pick her up." He finishes.

You wanted to say something but a crack came out instead. It feels like a huge ball stuck on your throat that prevents you from talking.

Please log in to read the full chapter