Finale

Untitled

Because saying final is just too mainstream 


He was doing it again. She told him not to and yet he went straight to do it. Jaehyun has been taking drugs ever since that girl broke up with him. Minyoung had to admit, Ahra was a nice girl. She was a good girlfriend until she felt that it wasn’t going to work out between her and Jaehyun thus leaving him in broken bits.

He thought she was joking, even laughing it off but when she left he crumbled. He didn’t know what to do and he hated the taste of alcohol.  So when he found pills in his cupboard, he took it, and then bought .

When Minyoung found out about this at first she tried talking him out of it before resulting to force and flushing the down the toilet bowl. She assured him that she would help him stay clear from anything that would’ve harmed his body.

 He broke down in tears. After knowing Minyoung all his life, he had never once cried in front of her. He would always go somewhere secluded and cry it out but she would always see him from a distance without him knowing. Minyoung held him until his tears were dry and then sent him to bed.

Minyoung hadn’t seen Jaehyun in a week. Whenever she called he said he was busy  and he wouldn’t let her in his house.

It was only until when she bumped into Ahra at a restaurant with her new boyfriend Doyoung. Ahra told her Jaehyun was seen with some sleazy people at some alleyways. That was when Minyoung decided to see what Jaehyun was really doing. She knew where he kept the spare key. In fact, she was the one who put it there. When she walked in he was right there with white powder in his hands.

She was furious. She took the bag of from him and ran to the bathroom and locked it. Jaehyun banged on it and nearly broke it down. Minyoung quickly emptied the contents in the toilet and flushed it before Jaehyun could break down the door. He was yelling at her when she walked out.

She slapped him. She would’ve punched him but she wanted to give him a sign to wake up. She would’ve told him how much he was hurting her. She would’ve asked him why she had to care so much about him. She would’ve asked why he would have to go to such lengths to make himself feel  better when his bestfriend was standing right there in front of him.

But she didn’t. She glared at him before she left.  Jaehyun swore he say a tear escaping her eye when she closed the door.He went to his room and he tossed everything. He was frustrated.  He was frustrated because he just realised how much of a jerk he was to his own bestfriend.

Minyoung was always there for him. When his dog died, when he got a bad grade, when he was being stupid and he got himself admitted to the hospital and Minyoung made it a point to always visit him until he came back to school on his own two feet. She was the one who encouraged him to confess to Ahra when he said he liked her and didn’t get in their way when they dated. Heck she even became close friends with Ahra because of their interests.

Minyoung never blamed anyone on the breakup, especially not Doyoung. Doyoung was just a senior Minyoung sees in school. She rarely knew anything about him. When Jaehyun couldn’t find anything else to throw, he fell to his knees and he cried and he screamed.


Unlike Jaehyun who dislikes the taste of alcohol, it was a de-stressor that Minyoung liked and takes it when its really bad. She would drink wine as a reward for making It through something difficult and she would drink rum whenever her relatives ask about a boyfriend. Usually at this time it would be rum. However, she decided to mix it up a bit by replacing it with vodka. She didn’t care. She would rather drunk than sober. She drank the whole bottle of vodka with tears streaming down her face. She passed out on her bed before she could think of anything else.

When Minyoung woke up, it was past noon. The light spilled painfully into her eyes and her hangover was bad. Everything was spinning and everything hurt. When her eyes managed to focu on something, her eyes focused on Jaehyun. Not the picture of Jaehyun she had when they were little. No Jaehyun , at the edge of her bed staring at her with worried eyes.

“You’re awake” he said, with some relief in his voice “I-I was worried you might not wake up”

Minyoung would reply. Really she would. But when she opened , she ran to the bathroom and emptied the contents of her stomach. Jaehyun went over to hold her hair.

“You okay now?” he said,rubbing her shoulders

When Minyoung found her voice she said “You cursed at me, I just barfed with a really bad hangover and you’re asking me if I’m okay?” She glared at him and right before he could speak she vomited.

After what seemed like forever, Minyoung washed and headed out. Jaehyun followed her but her didn’t utter a word. He did walk in front of her to get a cup and make her hot honey lemon. She didn’t protest because she usually uses her words and she’s in no position to speak. He pushes the cup to her.

“Careful it’s hot” he said to her. She looked up to him and blew the liquid. She sipped on the drink slowly and felt better. After a few sips she managed to speak

“If you think I’d forgive you just like that you are wrong.”

“I know” he said “I don’t expect you to”

She looked at him obviously looking for an explanation

“I’m sorry for not listening to you or taking your advice or accepting your help. I’ve been a jerk. A real stupid one. If you gave me the chance to make amends, I would do it in a heartbeat so please, please let me prove it to you”

He looked into her eyes. He was sincere. She could see it. She could also see that he was nervous. He had that habit of gripping the edge of his clothes whenever he was nervous. He’s had it since he was young and she honestly though he would’ve grown out of it.

She can’t stay mad at him forever. He knew she couldn’t but he hurt her really bad this time and it was worse than the time he said girls weren’t strong enough and she gave him a black eye. She didn’t speak to him for months until he apologised.

“Fine” she finally said. A wave of relief washed over him. “R-Really?”

“Yeah, yeah but don’t push your luck” she said and sipped her drink

He felt like crying. He told himself he wouldn’t but he couldn’t stop the tears coming out of his eyes.

“Come here” she said and extended her arm out.  He smiled as he walked over to her and hugged her.


“Oh my gosh we’re going to be late” Minyoung said, as she grabbed Jaehyun’s hand and started running.

“Hey, it’s not my fault you spent so much time doing your makeup” he said, catching up with her

“You spent so much time choosing out a tie I think we’re even mister” she said as they approached the door

“Who spends their birthday this fancy” he grunted. His tie was still undone. Minyoung swatted his hands away and fixed the tie “One of my best girlfriends. She’s loaded so why not” Minyoung went to open the door when Jaehyun stopped her.

“I think I would rather go into the party with my girlfriend, don’t you think?” he smiled and held his hand out. Minyoung smiled and took his hand “Yes, boyfriend” she said in a mocking tone.

                                                                                                                   


Yes this is 3 pages on microsoft word plus i did this in like an hour and a half because that's how much college has got me like