Seulgi

We Don't Talk Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m standing here…

 

Looking straight towards your direction. I get a sight of you with another person; the person that is not me.

It hurts, it really does.

When I see you latching onto him; wrapping your arms around his. He makes you laugh, doesn’t he?

Good.

That is what I always wanted; I want you to be happy. Even though it isn’t with me.

I am always asking myself. Why can’t I move on?

 

Flashback

 

I was transferred from United States to Seoul of Performing Arts University in South Korea; it was the day where I couldn’t fit myself in. The lack of Korean language I knew—though I’m also from the same country— because I lived in USA for a long time, made me some kind of anti-social.

That was the day when I met you. When you cheerfully—adorably— were walking towards me in the dance class. I really thought that everyone had really forgotten about my existence because I did not talk much. But, you were there.

 

“Hello! I’m Bae Joohyun! You can call me Irene if Joohyun is too hard for you. Everyone calls me that anyway.”

 

Hell.

 

I still remember how cheerful your voice was, how cute it was. I was staring at you, admiring your beautiful feature that I didn’t realise you had your hand hung in front of my face.

I quickly grabbed your hand, as I didn’t want a beautiful girl like you waited for my handshake for too long. The feeling when I touched your hand was unbelievably insane. My heart was beating so fast like it was going to explode out of my chest. I couldn’t help but blushing; maybe you noticed that. That was maybe why you giggled as your eyes were forming crescents.

Maybe I was expecting too much, or maybe, it was really happening. Because, I knew that you didn’t let go of my hand since the first time we did the handshake. That made me realise that you are such a clingy girl. Not that I hated it. I just did not used to it. It was really new for me. The only thing that bothered me was, the butterflies inside my stomach. Also, the increasing heart beat of mine.

It was too soon, considering I only had been there for few weeks, but it made me wonder,

Did you also feel the same?

 

Flashback End

 

“Hey,” the voice of one of my friend, Wendy Son, is surprising me. She is wearing that face again, and I hate it. The face of concern. She always does that face whenever she’s with me since I broke up with Joohyun.

I don’t know why a smile always creeps on my face whenever I say your name inside my head.

 

Flashback

 

“Bae Joohyun!”

 

You turn your back, facing me as you wore the expression of surprise on your face, a second before you smiled genuinely at me.

 

“You finally say my Korean name right, without a weird accent! It’s been months!”

 

You hit my arm; you always did that whenever you were fluttered. That was a habit of you that you didn’t even realise you have. Funny, because I was the first one who real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter