Bad Luck

markjin and the olympians

Jinyoung was having the worst luck. Even if his best friend is Jackson Wang, child of Nike, you will not get victory. Jinyoung was unable to get dinner before capture the flag making him sluggish running around in the deep forest. He didn’t get any action his way until a few Ares kids jumped him. Now, Jinyoung knows he’s not a weak kid but when you rely on your powers more in a game like this, you will get injured. Why did he get put not close to a water source is completely out of his control. It's not like he's a child of Posiedon or anything.

So this is how Jinyoung ends up in the infirmary instead of celebrating that his team won capture the flag. He knew he had bad luck but it wasn't as bad the first time he came to camp.

~

Jinyoung walks up to the big tree with his mother. "Do I have to go here? I can stay with you, please. I don't want to leave you."

Jinyoung's mother steps in front of him with a warm smile, "It's way to stay closer with your father. It's much safer staying here now that you're getting older." His mother steps away pushing him inside where she cannot reach and screams as he walks away, "Good luck! Go to the first building you see to see Chiron!"

Jinyoung takes a deep breath and proceeds to walk forward. His eyes travel across the open field. He sees a huge building and behind it some fields of strawberry. Next to the building he sees a volleyball court. It's like they have their whole life set up here, he thinks. Jinyoung keeps walking and looking around not seeing a ball knocked his way. Jinyoung trips and falls face first into the ground. Great way to start, the black haired boy thinks as he sits up. 

"Great job, kid. You're really showing how clumsy we can be sometimes."

Jinyoung looks up to see brown eyes starring down on him. Brown hair pushed back with bright a big smile showing teeth. He was tall from what he could from the ground. 

"Here let me help you up. My name is Mark, child of the god of light and healing." 

Jinyoung not only realized he was ed when he saw his smile but he realized he was staring at Mark when he was holding out his hand to him. Jinyoung was completely embarrassed and ran away from Mark to the huge building.

~

Jinyoung shivers from the memory that plagues his mind. After that moment, Jinyoung avoided Mark. All the black haired boy did was just watch from afar. Jackson caught him more times than he could imagine staring. He usually went to beach to heal when he was injured but today the pain was too much for that. Thank the gods he was banned from doing archery because on the first try, Mark walked beside him and he got so distracted he completely missed the target. As he recalls his moments of bad luck in front of Mark, he sees someone walk through the entrance.

Jinyoung face flushes as he sees a familiar brown hair. Gods please, don't do this to me. He would not like to admit he's dreamt of being with him. Jinyoung always sees himself just swimming while Mark waits on the shore, with the sun casting down on him.

"Let's see what we have her- oh Jin how are you? You don't come here often. Not when you have a beach for your service," Mark said with a teasing smile.

Jinyoung wishes the earth will swallow him. Gaea, do your thing. He kept quiet as he was thinking of ways to respond. The brown haired beats him to it. 

"So, Jinyoung I'll just give you the ambroisa to drink IF you stop avoiding me. I asked Jackson and he said you don't hate me. Well, he said the opposite."

To say Jinyoung was shocked was an understatement. He made sure it wasn't obvious that he was not so avoiding the hottest boy at camp. Jackson was dead after he gets healed. Mark was looking hopeful that Jinyoung wished he hung out with him. Mutely, Jinyoung nodded already flushing red at the thought of Jackson exposing his crush.

Mark flushed a light pink on his cheeks as he smiled. He walked forward beside Jinyoung's bed and leaned down.

"I guess I'll wait to hear your voice sometime." he said as he leaned forward to kiss Jinyoung on the cheek. Jinyoung eyes popped wide. his hand reached upto his cheek as he watched Mark the infirmary with a cheeky smile.\\\

 

-------- ~ -------

 

I finally posted this ughhh. I got caught up with school so I didn't get to finish it. There will be a part two while i mention the rest of the gang. kk bye