Birthday Fireworks

The Oppa Diaries

Title: Birthday Fireworks

Pairing: Mark Tuan X OC

Group: GOT7

Number of words: 1431

Genre: fluff

 

There’s only a few hours left before the year 2014 ends, and it’s also just a few hours until your birthday :)

You’ve always looked forward to the New Years because it’s the same day as your birthday, but this year made it really special for you because of that special someone who always makes you feel special. LOL that’s a lot of ‘specials’

There will be a party your family’s rest house and you’re in your room preparing for the night.  You wore a white dress, which was fitted at the top but flowed towards the bottom which reached just the middle of your thighs. You wore thigh-high black socks paired with black booties. You only put on very minimal make up since it was cold and you liked how the cool breeze would touch your skin. And to finish the look you wore the necklace that your boyfriend gave you on your last birthday.

“Yah,______ hurry up, Mark’s here!” your mom called out from where I think was the kitchen.

“I’m coming!” you called back as you let yourself look at the mirror one last time, before you went out, hoping that you looked okay.

As you descended the stairs, you saw Mark looking at you with passionate eyes. you loved how he looked at you like you were the only woman on the planet.  you gave him a sweet smile and walked towards him.

He took both your hands in his, and he twirled you around to get a good look at you. he stopped with your back towards him and he whispered in your ear. “You look beautiful.”

You smiled and slowly turned to face him but he stopped you so you were facing a full length mirror on the wall near the living room. “Just a sec” he said before fishing something out of his pocket.

You complied and didn’t face him.  A few seconds later, a silver chain was dangling in front of your face with a charm at the end, with words that you couldn’t quite make out.

“Happy Birthday!” he said cheerfully, you couldn’t help but smile and laugh at that moment

“But I’m already wearing the one you gave me last year” you said as you lifted up part of your hair to reveal the gold and jade charm necklace that he gave you before.

“So?” was all he said before he unclasped the necklace he was holding and asked you to lift up your hair again and he put the necklace on you.

You turned around and you saw Mark looking at the two necklaces that he gave you.

“Perfect.” Was all he said before he took your hand and lead you towards the front door.

“Wait, where are we going?” you asked him “I think the guests would start arriving in just a few hours”

But all he answered was, “Don’t worry I already told your mom where we’re going” and he gave you a wink.

Damn that wink. It really got to you and made your heart flutter

“okay, so my mom knows where were going but I’m not allowed to know?” You ask him as you walk towards his car parked at the side of the road in front of your house.

“Sorry love, but that’s just the way I roll” he said and opened the door to the passenger’s seat. You got in without hesitations and Mark went around and got in also.

Mark was already getting ready to start the car but he stopped and looked at you.

“Ai jinjja” he sighed then moved his body closer to you.

You feel your heart begin to beat faster, his face was almost touching yours. He reached behind you as if pulling you into a hug; you can feel his warm breath on your neck until he pulled away holding the seatbelt in his left hand and buckling you up.

“You always forget to put on your seatbelt” he continued.

You mumbled a little sorry under your breath while you try your hardest to hide the blush that was forming on your cheeks.

***

The trip took about thirty minutes but you still didn’t know where you were.

“Where are we?” You ask Mark as you both got out of his car.

“You’ll see” was all he said as he took your hand and lead you towards an open space. It was dark so it was hard to make out how many people were there, but some of them were sitting down, some were just walking around, but most of the people here were couples and some were with their families.

You notice as you got closer that Mark brought you to an old pier. It was already closed down due to the opening of a new one, not very far from where you were.

“That’s where we’re going” Mark told you as he pointed towards a high incline a few ways to your left.

Mark has already started walking and you noticed that the ramp you were going to used to be a port, it was about 12 feet high and quite narrow from what you can see. How the hell are we supposed to get up there? You thought to yourself

“Uh Mark?” you called. He was already a few meters away from you and you tried to catch up to him but it has become hard to walk because the terrain has become quite sandy and soft.

Mark came back for you and asked “Hey, what’s wrong?”  when he noticed your expression.

“Can we go slower?” you ask “It’s kinda hard to walk” and you looked down on your feet and so did Mark. He gave you a smile before he turned his back to you. You thought he was going to continue walking but instead he knelt to the ground and said to you, “Come on”

“What?” you ask in confusion

“Hop on, I’ll carry you” he said again and urged you to climb onto his back.

You felt embarrassed and shy at the same time. “It’s okay Mark, I can do it.” you told him as you grabbed his arm and tried to get him to stand up at first he wouldn’t budge but he gave in and stood up.

You gave him a small smile and continued walking, but suddenly you felt someone pull you off the ground and carried you in the bridal way.

“Mark put me down!” you exclaimed, embarrassed as other people started looking at your direction. “What are you doing?!”

“It’s my Princess’ birthday, I can’t have you having a hard time walking” he stated as if it was obvious. He continued walking despite all your protests and finally you reached the top of the ramp and that’s when he put you down.

But just as he did, you wished that he didn’t put you down.

You quickly grabbed onto him and hugged him because you were scared. The ramp was very high and very narrow maybe only about 5 feet across. You were kind of afraid of falling into the dark ocean below. Since the ramp was long and extended towards the ocean you were sure that if you fell the water level would surely be over your entire height.

“Mark, I want to come down” you said into his chest as you hold onto him tighter

“Don’t be scared, ___” He soothed “I’m here”

Mark s his arm around you and held you close as you began to loosen your grip on him. Mark started walking towards the edge of the ledge.

He then guided you to the very edge of the ramp and then you both sat down. You still didn’t let go of Mark because you were scared of falling. Your feet were dangling off the edge and you can hear the waves as they hit the huge rocks.

You close your eyes and leaned on Mark’s shoulder as he place his left arm on your shoulders

“Mark what time is it?”  you ask him because you were already feeling sleepy.

“It’s time for my surprise” Mark replied. You suddenly open your eyes and to your surprise the sky was filled with explosions of color.

“It’s beautiful” you say as your admire the view. “Thank you for taking me here” you continued and gave Mark a hug.

“For you my love,” he began as he turned towards you. he placed one finger on your chin and made you face him, and he continued. “Anything.”

And he kissed you.

“Happy Birthday ______, I love you”