First

Modern Fairytale, No Happy Ending?

“Tring!”, a message’s notification showed on her phone screen. But she had already fallen asleep on her desk and the music from her laptop was quite loud for her to hear the notification.

“Bip bip bip”. Then not long after that someone pushed her home’s passcode and a boy walked in. He was wearing a sweatpants and hoodie that almost all soaked with sweats. He put his backpack on the ground and approached the sleep girl. He the girl’s back. The girl open her eyes slowly and surprised to see Yu Kwon  sat next to her.

“Geez, oppa! Why are you here?”, she asked in her confussion.

“Told you I’m coming to your house”, he answered with a smile that looks so bright like sunshine even when it was already late night.

“But, you said you still has to practice today and will come tomorrow”, she finally fully awake after seeing her boyfriends’s bright smile.

“Changed the plan cause I can’t wait to see you and the practice was over earlier. Told you through message minutes ago. Where is your phone?”, he asked and began to search for her phone.

“Oh, I put it on bed and I didn’t hear the notification since I was asleep. Oh my God! I shouldn’t sleep now. I’m going to meet my professor tomorrow so I need to get this essay done tonight. Argh...”, she started to face her laptop that was in front of her while she was asleep minutes ago. He just smiled and her hair.

“Ugh... You’re so smelly!”, she covered her nose with her hand and pushed him away.

“Hahaha. I’m going to take a bath now.”, he stood up, took some clothes from his backpack and went into bathroom. While his girlfriend was still working on her laptop.

Not long after that he came out from bathroom then sat on the bed and dried his hair. A nice fruity smells from his girlfriend’s shampoo and soap that he used filled the whole room. She couldn’t focus on her essay anymore then jumped onto bed and hugged him.

“I’m doomed. How can I get my essay done when this bastard is in my house?”, she burried her face into his chest but he pushed her away and told her to go back to her essay.

“Just get back to your work. Do not procrastinate! I won’t bother you. I’m just here to sleep not to see you.”, he said after pushed her away that made her laugh.

It was 2 am now and it had been 3 hours since she worked on her essays. Yu Kwon who played her phone while lied on the bed was starting to get bored and sleepy.

“Are you not gonna sleep? Is it not done yet?”, he asked and got her a lil bit surprised since she thought that he was already asleep.

“Huh? Why are you not sleep yet? I’m nearly done. Don’t wait for me just go to sleep first. You must be tired after practicing, right?”, she answered without looked at him.

“I’m not sleeping without you”, he said cutely and backhugged her.

“Stop it! I won’t finished this if you’re like this.”, she tried to escape from his hug.

“What time will you go see your professor tomorrow? Whether it gonna be long? Can I come with you to your college?”, he asked in a cute way again.

“Gotta go at 8. It won’t be long. No you can’t.”, she answered. Yu Kwon burried his face on her shoulder.

“Ok, it’s done! Lets go to sleep!.”, she closed her laptop and crawled on to the bed. Yu Kwon followed her and lied next to her.

“Where is my phone? Gotta set the alarms.”, she searched for her phone and immediately set the alarms for 6:30 and 6:45.

“Don’t worry I will wake you up.”, he his sleepy girlfriend’s hair.

“Oppa...”, she suddenly called with her eyes shutted.

“Hm? What is it?”, he answered gently. She moved closer to him and hugged his arms.

“I’m sorry for not checking the message. I’m sorry for not welcoming you when you came. And I’m sorry that I’m going to college tomorrow instead of staying at home with you. I know it’s hard for you to even get a day off like this, I should’ve emptied my schedule and spend the day with you.”, she mumbled but Yu Kwon still can hear it.

“No, don’t be. We’ve just dated for a year so we still have so many times to be together ahead. I often leave you for my schedules, so I thought I should be understanding when you leave me for your schedules since we both have our own life and our own responsibility. Don’t worry about it. Lets just maximize the quality or the time that we could spend together. Okay?”, he explained but realized that she was already asleep. He kissed her forehead and went to sleep.

***

Zero For Conduct song was filling the room. It was her phone alarm’s sounds. It was so loud that could wake Yu Kwon right away, but her girlfriend was still in a deep sleep and didn’t bothered at all. He didn’t have heart to wake her so he just shutted the alarm and walked into the bathroom. After brushed his teeth and washed his face, he went to the kitchenette. He rummaged on the refigrator and found a pan that half-filled with kimchi jigae. He remembered that she always save half of the dinner to be eaten for breakfast. He put it into the stove to wam it up and put some bread that he found in to the roaster. Then he prepared a small table next to the bed and put the foods, milk and water. The phone’s alarm was ringing again.

“Hey... wake up... you said you have to go at 8. Come on wake up now, hm?”, he tried to wake her up after shutted the alarm. She rubbed her eyes and blinked it.

“Come on get up. I’ve prepared the breakfast.”, he tried to get her up then she sat with her eyes still closed. Then she flopped her head into his chest.

“What time is it? Can’t I sleep more?”, she mumbled in his chest.

“It’s almost 7. Yes you can after you meet the professor.”, Yu Kwon made her sat up again and gave her water. He smiled while watched his girlfriend was eating breakfeast with sleepy face and messy hair.

After breakfast he helped her going to bathroom and prepared her clothes and bag. Then after she leave to the college he went back to sleep.

***

“Bip bip bip.”, Yu Kwon woke up from the sound of passcode pushed. His girlfriend walked in with tote bag full of books on her left hand and plastic bag full of foods on her right hand.

“Oh my God, did I wake you up?”, she felt guilty after looked at his boyfriend sleepy face.

“No, it’s ok. It’s already noon, I should’ve wake up. What do you bring? Why is it so many?”, he stood up and took those bags from her hands.

“Went to library after met my professor then bought some foods for our lunch. I’m going to shower and change my clothes then lets eat, ok?”, she said. After had lunch then they chatted and played some games in their phones.

“Oppa, your tu...rn.”, she asked him and realized tha he was asleep so she muted the phone’s sound and continued the game by herself. She thought that he must be so tired because of his hectic schedules as an idol.

“Hm... Uh! Sorry I fell asleep. How is the game?”, he woke up after taking an hour nap.

“It’s ok, oppa. I win of course.”, she smiled looking him woke up. He smiled back then lingered his arms around her shoulder and caressed her face. They smiled at each other without talking for a while. But then he moved closer to her face and landed a light kiss on her lips.

“I love you.”, he smiled then kissed her again, deeply. The kiss became more passionate and his lips already moved to her neck. His hands went into her shirt and her side softly.

“Oppa...”, she moaned and tried to get away from him but he didn’t care.

“Oppa!”, finally she yelled at him.

“Yeah, I know...”, he sulked but stopped the movements of his lips and hands. He get up then lied onto bed. She followed him and lied next to him. They were silence for some minutes untill she hugged his arms.

“Are you mad?”, she asked in a low voice.

“Why should I?”, he asked back.

“Because I stopped you. I’m sorry but can we just do it next time?”, she held his arms more tightly.

“Hahaha. It’s ok, it’s nothing. We can do it anytime later. As I told you before, we still have a lot of time together ahead.”, he kissed her head.

“Yeah but I can’t accept these! How can I go out in public with these? Huh?”, she pointed at some hickey’s mark on her neck that made by him earlier.

“Hahaha! Just take it as a mark of being my girlfriend!”, he joked.

“No! I’m going to take revenge! Come here! Give me your neck!”, she attacked her and succeed to land a hickey on his neck.

“Hahaha. Don’t! Are you a vampire? Hey, I’m an idol! What if my fans see it!”, he pretended to escape from her. Suddenly his phone rang. She stopped and asked him to pick up.

“Hello. Why? Ah, yeah. Ok, I get it. Thankyou, hyung.”, he hung the phone and looked at his girlfriend with a sad expression.

“Is that manager-nim? He is gonna pick you up now?,”, she asked. Yu Kwon nodded.

“Actually I can stay untill 8 pm but something came up and I have to go now. Manager hyung will be here in minutes.”, he sighed.

“Oh, then hurry up. Go take a bath now. I’ll help you pack your bag.”, she got up and pushed her sulky boyfriend into bathroom. Then she pack Yu Kwon’s stuff into his backpack. About fifteen minutes later her doorbell rang.

“Manager-nim, how are you?”, she greeted Yu Kwon’s manager as she opened the door.

“I’m fine. You guys are doing good too, right?”, the manager walked in and took Yu Kwon’s backpack. At that time Yu Kwon finished his shower. Then he and manager leave. She waved at him as he entered the lift. After closed the door he lied back on bed. Yu Kwon’s smell is still left on her pillow.

“Ugh... I already miss you”, she hugged the pillow that used by Yu Kwon.

“Bip bip bip.”, suddenly someone pushed her home’s passcode and Yu Kwon came in rushedly.

“Bruk!”, he hugged her confusse girlfriend.

“What is it? Did you leave something here?”, she asked.

“Told hyung that I left my phone but honestly I just missed you already.”, he hugged her more tightly.

“I miss you too but you really have to leave now or you’ll get scolded by your manager and Zico oppa”, she tried to persuade him. No answer.

“If I give you a kiss will you leave now?”, she tried to persuade him.

“Ok, but you also have to walked me to my car.”, he sulked. She kissed his lips softly but long. Then she took her cardigan and walked him to the car park. After the car left, she went back into her apartment building and started to work on her essays again.