Day 1

Healing

Some people said that maybe i still need a healing vacation after my mom passed away three years ago. I took two weeks vacation before, to Bali, it was good, but things still the same. I am not healed. This pain remain the same. Im feeling so empty and its like something is missing. My bestfriend Starla also said so and she told me that she will go with me anywhere i want to. It took pretty long time for me to decide where should i go until i made up my mind and decided that i chose South Korea this time. I watched people did vlogs about South Korea on Youtube, my friends who visited South Korea before also said that i should go visit South Korea, to be honest that made me want to go there. Taste the real tteokbokki, kimchi and other Korean food. Watch people dance or sing at Hongdae. I want to experience lots of thing. Beside i have friends there and i also want to meet them. I told Starla about it, she agreed to join my trip.

It took 16 hours flight to Seoul from Jakarta, we transited at Bangkok for 7 hours and yes we didnt take that chance for granted. We strolled Bangkok street and we got to taste Thai street food, also we visited the famous mall there Siam Paragon. I could say that it was such a nice transit. Thanks to Starla who chose the combo flight. She's so good at arrage things like when we visited Bali, she arranged everything from the ticket, hotel and stuffs. Besides she likes that, make plans and do stuffs before we go somewhere. In another word, she's well planned.

We arrived at Incheon around 10 PM. As soon as we walked out of the airport the spring wind blew and carresed my face gently. I closed my eyes. It felt so good. Finally, fresh air. It wasnt fun at all stuck inside the airplane for more than an hour.

"Claire, lets go."

I opened my eyes and looked at Starla standing near a black car, a hotel car. Starla asked the hotel to pick us up at the airport since its our first time visit. And yes thats not for free, but well its worth it than being lost somewhere after a long flight. Besides we arrived here at night time, not much that we could see and lots bad thing happen at night. So, we dont want to take that risk and decide to pay more for our own safety. I let the driver took my suitcase then put it inside the car. I followed Starla got inside the car then sat next to her.

"Arent you excited?" Asked Starla as she held my hand tightly.

I nodded and smiled at her, "Very."

"Me toooo." She laughed.

I looked outside the window as the car left the airport. Nice windy weather and i hope we will have a great adventure here. Fingers crossed.

======================================================================================================================

"I need hot chocolate." Said Starla and she sounded bored as she laid on the hotel bed then looked at me who was busy trying to send the documents that my assistant need, "lets go outside."

"I need wifi to send some documents to my assistant. Why the wifi here isnt working?" I kept trying to send some important documents that my assistant asked when i arrived here but it kept fail. She said she needed my help and i couldnt avoid it. Off course i couldnt, the project is my responsibility. Or else the project will failed then they will blame me, or not, whatever, but i need to send the documents now.

"You still working? Arent they allowed you to take a break?" I heard Starla annoyed voice. That voice always came out whenever she gets annoy. Like sarcastic voice. Well, Starla is a bit sarcastic.

"Yes, they allowed me but i cant avoid things like this." I got up from the chair, "Lets go. I need to send this documents." I took my hand bag then walked to the door. I waited for Starla outside the room as i kept trying to send the documents. I heard Starla locked the door then she came to me.

"Its still failed." Starla placed her chin on my shoulder and peeked at my phone.

"Yes." I sigh then put my phone inside my bag. I looked at Starla as we walked together outside the hotel, "You know where we are going, right?"

She looked at me, "My boyfriend will show us the way, dont worry." she let out her cellphone outside her jeans pocket.

I laughed, "Boyfriend, huh? Okay."

"Well at least this thing wont betray me." She kissed her cellphone and laughed. I think she needs to find a real boyfriend soon. Im worried.

"Alright. Which way we should go then?" I tried to change the topic. Speaking of boyfriend. I couldnt remember the last time i have a boyfriend, maybe two or three years ago. And also Starla, i think she's been single longer than me. Actually my coworkers complained about my single life, but i havent found the right one yet. And im sure he is somewhere out there and someday we will meet for sure. Its just about time. And i remember Starla also told me that her coworkers also complained about the same thing. Why is it wrong being single? Its rather remind single than being in a wrong relationship, right? I mean its someone's heart and feeling who get involve here. And here i am single and talking about relationship. HA! FUNNY!

"Follow me." Starla said.

I followed her like a little puppy. And im not that little actually, short, yes. Thats why i love high heels, but im not wearing it now, i do bring my favorite heels with me. Who knows i might need it. So for now i just wore my black ballerina flat. Its very comfy just for stroll around like this and in a hurry like this. Its almost midnight and the street isnt empty or even dark. Well, im glad. I could hear some people talked loudly everywhere as they walked by. I dont understand Korean that much, but i do know some words since my friend taught me before me and Starla came here. Just a simple words. I looked at Starla entered a cafe near our hotel. I looked around the cafe as i entered. I heard the accoustic music playing and that made a cozy athmosphere, yellow light, woods ornaments make it warm. Its really nice. Not lot people there. Just a lovey dovey couple who sat near the window then seven guys who sat near the counter. They talked a bit loudly with fast Korean and off course i dont understand. I kept following Starla to the counter. I dont wanna be a lost puppy.

"Green tea latte?" Asked Starla as she looked at me. She knows me so well. I love green tea latte so much. Im a latte or tea person.

I nodded excitedly, "Im gonna sit somewhere."

"Okay."

I looked at the empty table next to those bunch of guys. I walked to the table then sat, i looked at my cellphone and suddenly a name came up to the screen. My boss called. Its almost midnight and my boss called. What the hell is happening? I looked at Starla who walked to me as i got up and walked outside the cafe. I picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Claire." I heard that familiar voice.

"Yes, mam?"

"Im sorry to bother your vacation but Andrea needs your help." Andrea, my lovely assistant.

"Yes, mam. Im trying to help her from here. Im gonna send the documents tonight."

"Okay. Thanks, Claire."

"Its alright, mam."

"Have a good night there."

"You too, mam."

I heard my boss hung up the call. It was good that my boss worried about our work. But still, its almost midnight and i bet she's working overtime there. I felt kinda guilty but she agreed to gave me a break but yet they still disturbed my healing vacation. I sighed as i hung up the phone then turned around and bumped to someone, i accidentely dropped my phone. I looked at my phone fell to the ground and splited in two. The back and the front. WHAT THE HELL???

"Ouch." Said someone.

"Oh my God. My phone." I said in panic. I bend down and took it. Held it like a baby. It went blank. No no no. Not my phone.

"Are you okay? Your shirt. Miss?"

I felt my chest wet and looked at my shirt. It stained. Coffee. On my white shirt. Great. Its just so great. First, my phone and now my white tshirt. What a lovely night. I looked at the guy with a hoarse voice. He looked at me with pleading eyes, "Im sorry, miss." he said. Oh my God. Im so mad that i couldnt say anything.

"Whats going on?" I heard Starla's voice.

I loooked down at my shirt and shook my head, "Nothing, Starla. Just thing happened.". One of them gave me a tissue, i took it without looking which one who gave me that tissue, "Thanks." i wipe my shirt. The stained wont go away, i guess.

"Im sorry, you can borrow my shirt." Said the hoarse voice guy.

I could tell by his voice that he is sorry. But i just mad. Really mad. I couldnt take my anger on him. I mean he's a stranger. I sighed, "Its okay. Starla, can i borrow your phone? I need to send my documents." i looked at Starla.

"Low battery. And its completely shut down. Im sorry, Claire." She gave me my latte.

I took my latte and i sipped it to calm me down. Think think think. Ah i need to find any internet cafes then. I looked at the guys who just stood beautifully in front of me like models, "You guys know any internet cafes that near here?"

They looked at each other then spoke in Korean language. I looked at Starla and she gave me that "I dont understand what they're saying" looked. I looked back at those guys. All of them looked at one guy who stood in the back. I couldnt see him clearly because he wore a black hat and also hoodie. He nodded.

"You can use our laptop in our office." Said the blonde guy suddenly looked at me.

I saw a bright light, "Is it near?"

"Yes" Said one of them who stood next the hoarse voice guy.

"Okay." I followed those guys. I looked at my stained tshirt. I wondered if it was cold or hot coffee, because if it was hot coffee, i didnt even felt that hot water on my chest when it spilled. I took a peek inside my shirt. My bra is wet and yes my skin is red now. Great it was a cup of hot coffee. And its still day one here. What a perfect first day.

"I think i saw them somewhere." Said Starla as we walked.

"Where?" I drank my latte. I could feel that i drank half cup. Who cares, right???

"There." Starla looked at the big board near a building.

I looked at the board and saw the blonde hoarse voice guy with the rest of the guys' picture there on the board, then my eyes looked at the building. JYP. I saw those guys got inside, "Should we follow them? Who are they? Idols?"

"Off course. They are GOT7." Said Starla held my hand and took me inside with her.

So, they are like idols? My mind rewinded the moment when those guys were standing in front of me. Well they are all good looking. No wonder. I should've known. But what shocked me was Starla knew them. I mean, she is Starla. She's a bit careless about the idol thingy and she knew them? Wow awesome. Me and Starla kept following them and got inside the elevator. Thanks to the light inside the elevator, i could see their faces clearly now. Yep. They are idols. They got really good skin and also tall, well at least taller than me. Suddenly i remember those documents. They are such lovely distractions. I looked at the watch that one of them wore, "Excuse me, what time now?" i asked him.

He looked at his watch, "11.30 PM." he looked at me, "Is everything okay?"

I nodded, "Yes. Thanks." i said smile at him. Almost 12 AM. That means 10 PM there in Jakarta. Okay. I still have time. Someone gonna work overtime there. Andrea, you are so dead. Ugh. Told her not to disturb me but then she texted me and said needed my help. Great vacation pooper. I really wanted to turn off my phone and ignore the text Andrea sent me but i couldnt, if the project fail then it will be my fault either. But now my phone totally dead. What should i do? I heard the "ding" sound then the guys got out the elevator. They walked to the first door. The younger look opened the door for us. I looked at him and smile, "Thanks."

"You're welcome." He said smiling back at me. He is so thin, i wish my legs are thin like his.

Me and Starla walked inside the room. Three walls covered with mirrors. Sofa on the corner. Music player. Whats this room? Dance room? I drank my latte and put the empty cup inside the trash bin near the door.

"You can use this laptop." Said the one who spilled the coffee on my shirt pointed at the laptop on the sofa.

I looked at the laptop and nodded, "Thanks."

"You can change your shirt with this clean shirt." A guy gave me a dark blue sweat shirt, "You can change it there." he pointed at the door and it written "Toilet" on the door.

I took the shirt, "Okay. Thanks."

He nodded.

I walked to the toilet to change my shirt. I heard they asked Starla lots of question. Im surprise that their English is good. And they are so loud. I changed my shirt with the sweat shirt that the guy gave me. It looked so big on me. It drowned my hands so i folded it. I look... Whatever. I just need to send those freaking documents. I folded my white shirt then opened the door and walked pass them to the laptop. I sat on the wood floor. 

"Claire, i want to introduce them to you." Said Starla sat next to me.

"Who?" I asked without looking at her.

"GOT7." She whispered to me.

"Uhm?" I looked at her confused.

"GOT7, Claire. They are GOT7." Starla looked at the guys that sat on the sofa near us.

"Dont you know us, Claire?" Asked the one who spilled the coffee. He knows my name and i dont even know his name. An idol knows my name before he knows mine. Isnt that funny?

I looked at him and smiled, "I saw your picture outside."

"I know you guys." Said Starla.

"Yeah!" That blonde guy got up and high fived Starla.

I looked back to the laptop screen. My company email opened and i need to open the draft. I love fast connection like this. I opened the draft. Ha! Those documents there. I opened the documents and checked it for a minute before i send it. I could hear Starla talked with the guys. And i kept concentrating to my work.

"What do you do?" Suddenly someone asked me as he sat next to the laptop.

"Project Manager. I take care the projects in my office and my assistant needs my help." I answered his question with eyes pierced on the laptop screen.

"What kind of company?" Asked someone else i dont know.

"Translator Service. We translate documents or movies." Done. I pressed the send button. Now i need to call Andrea. I stood up and walked to Starla who talked and laughed with that blonde guy, "Starla, your phone totally off?"

Starla looked at me, "No, its on now. Here." she gave me her phone that connected to her power bank and her headphone. Good to know that she brought her power bank. I also got mine but i have no phone. Ha! Here comes the sarcastic joke to myself.

I took her phone then put on the headphone. I dialed Andrea's number. Yes, off course i remember her number. I called her once or twice a day, just like when you called you lover. Andrea is my 'lover' but too bad i think she doesnt feel too happy about that. I heard the connection tone. I looked at the guys who sat on the sofa looked at me. Starla kept talking and playing something i dont know with the guy who spille coffee on my shirt.

"Hallo?" Andrea finally picked up the phone. I turned around and looked at the mirror. I looked down to concentrate with my conversation with Andrea.

"Andrea, its me Claire. I sent the documents. Check it now. And make sure to check everything before you send them, okay?" I talked in a hurry because of the roaming. I would feel guilty for Starla if i talk too long.

"Yes, miss. Im sorry i disturbed your vacation."

"Yes please leave me alone, Andrea." 

She laughed, "Yes, miss. Im sorry."

"No, its okay. Besides its a big project. Save Starla's number, okay? My phone is broken."

"What? Why?"

"Long story. Alright, Andrea. Call me here if something happen or just call me about the meeting tomorrow, okay? I need the follow up."

"Yes, miss. Have a good time there."

"Yes, right, thanks. Bye, Andrea."

"Bye, miss."

I hung up the call, "Ugh im safe." i turned around and took off the headphone then gave the phone back to Starla, "Lets go back to the hotel?"

"Is everything okay now?" Asked one of them.

I looked at the guy who gave me the shirt, i nodded, "Yes, thanks, guys." my eyes scanned around the room "Is this dancing room?"

"What? Dancing room?" Starla looked at me and laughed, "Its their practice room, dummy. Not dance room pfffftt." she kept laughing at me.

"Shut up." I nudged her waist and she laughed like crazy. I laughed at her crazy laughed. I dont know how she can be annoying, sarcastic and cute at the same time.

"Wanna see us practice?" Asked the one who opened the door for us earlier.

I looked at him and smiled, "Sure.".

"Sit back and relax. Not everyone experience it." Said the guy who spilled the coffee.

Me and Starla walked to the sofa and sat quietly. Those guys were on their position.

"Now listen, Claire. I will introduce them. The one who spilled the coffee is Jackson Wang. The one who opened the door for us is Bambam. And this is..." Starla pointed at the shirt i wore, "Junior's."

The music started to play.

"That one who's singing is JB, the leader. And this song called "Fly"." Starla continued explaining. She's surely knew so much.

"Who's that guy?" I looked at the guy who was rapping.

"Mark. The one with cute broken English is YoungJae. He's so cute. And the youngest is that one who's dancing really well, Yugyeom." Answered Starla.

"He is the youngest? I thought Bambam is the youngest." The youngest looked so tall, taller than the other older guys.

"Thats why people called him "Giant Maknae"."

"Giant Maknae?" I looked at Starla confused.

Starla moved my face just to get my eyes fixed on them, "Maknae means youngest. Please dont be stupid, Claire."

"Thats so harsh, you witch." I laughed.

Starla nudge my waist with her finger and that surprised me. I looked at her in disbelieved, she smiled at me innocently. Unbelievable. The music stopped. Me and Starla clapped our hands for them. They looked awesome. I mean, they sing and dance, rap. Cool stuffs that i couldnt do.

"Like it?" Asked Mark.

"Sure." I smiled at him. I looked at the clock at its almost 1 AM, "Its getting late. We better go back to our hotel. Right, Starla?"

Starla looked at the clock, "Wow its nearly 1 AM. Yes we should."

"Where you staying by the way?" Asked Jackson.

"Not far from that cafe we met." Answered Starla as walked to the trash bin to throw the hot chocolate cup in, "Lets go, Claire." Starla looked at me.

I nodded, "Nice to meet you, guys. Thanks for your help and i will return the shirt as soon as i can." i looked at Junior.

"For you." Junior said, "Looks good. Cute." he smiled. Okay, he is the one who's cute. Not me here with a big blue shirt, i felt like a smurf.

"Its pretty big for me."

"Yeah. But looks good."

"Okay if you said so. Thanks, Junior." I smiled at him.

"You know me?"

"Finally, yes." I laughed, "Jackson, Bambam, Mark, Yugyeom, YoungJae, JB, Junior. Got7." I mentioned their names as the order where they stood next to each other.

"Yeah! You got it right." Said Jackson.

I smiled, "Again, nice to meet you and good luck with everything you guys working on."

"You too, Claire." Said Bambam, "Now let me take you back to your hotel. Its bad for girls walk around the neighboorhood alone. Lots of drunk ahjussi."

"Im going with you, Bam." Said Mark.

"Yah! Me too." Said Jackson.

I looked at Starla. Is it okay to walk around the neighboorhood with idols? Even its midnight. Who knows if there will be fangirls out there? So, which is more dangerous, meet drunk men or walk around with idols? 

"Lets go." Suddenly Bambam wrapped Starla's shoulder and walked her outside. Okay, its too late to say no now. Lets just pray for me and Starla. I hope there wont be any fangirls out there. I followed them. Jackson and Mark walked with me. I hope no one sees us. Why am i worry? Im not an idol. 

"Thinking about something?" Mark asked and that surprised me a bit.

I laughed awkwardly, "No. Nothing." i entered the elevator. I looked at the guys putting on their mask and hat. Okay they were covering their faces like before. I shouldnt worry then. But doesnt that make people looking at them? Like hey its midnight and no one wear mask and hat, right? Or maybe im just too worried? Anxious. Oh my God, i hate this.

"You recognize us?" Asked Jackson.

I looked at him intensely. If im a fangirl then i could recognize him, right?

"Dont look at me like that, you might fall for me." Said Jackson cheesy out of the sudden then he laughed.

"Heeeey." Said Bambam and Mark annoyed at the same time.

I laughed at Jackson statement, "Thats so funny, Jackson. Just stop talking, then we couldnt recognize you at all. I guess, right?" i looked at Starla.

Starla nodded, "Exactly."

"I doubt he could do that." Said Mark laughing.

Bambam laughed, "That's Jackson hyung's talent."

"Really?" I looked at Jackson and laughed, "Well great talent there."

"Yah!" Said Jackson then the 'ding' sound heard as the elevator opened.

'Why are you so loud, Jackson?" Said Starla a bit annoyed.

"Im sorry." Jackson walked next to Starla.

We walked outside the building. Pretty dark and quiet neighboorhood. Not like before. Maybe because its midnight already. And suddenly im thinking about my phone. What should i do? Maybe Starla wouldnt mind if i use her cellphone for a while just to monitor my team and everything. Then i will take care everything when we go back. Those important numbers and datas. I need them.

"You scared?" Asked Mark who walked next to me and again he surprised me.

I looked at him and shook my head, "No. Im not."

"Whats that?!" Jackson got surprised by the cat that ran pass us.

I looked at Jackson and giggled, "Maybe he is the one who's scared. Its just a cat, Jackson. Chill. Anyway, your guys English is good. Like every words sound really clear."

"Starla would you please explain to her about us? You know us, right?" Asked Jackson to Starla with super serious face.

Okay, whats going on?

Starla nodded and looked at me, "Claire, They are not Korean. Bambam from Thailand, Jackson from China and Mark from the US. Am i right?" Starla looked at the guys and they all nodded at the same time.

"Okay, thats cool. And you are now their public speaker?" I laughed.

"I dont mind. You will pay me right, Jackson?" Asked Starla to Jackson.

"I will pay you with love." Answered Jackson with his fingers heart and he looked at her with innocent sweet face.

I laughed, "Are you always this cheesy?"

"Always." Said Mark and laughed.

"Yah! Mark, we are in the same team." Jackson's arm wrapped Mark's shoulder.

Mark just smiled and nodded at what Jackson said.

"Me too, hyung." Said Bambam then walked to Mark and also wrapped Mark's other side.

I smiled to the view, "Bromance. Arent that cute, Starla?" i looked at Starla who also smiled and she nodded at me. I looked at our hotel. Finally we arrived safely. I stopped walking and looked at the cute guys who standing in front of me and Starla, "It was fun walked... I would say home but its hotel. So yes, it was such a fun walked back to our hotel. Thanks, guys."

"You're welcome. We had fun also." Said Mark looked at me and smiled.

I smiled back at him, "So, go back safely, guys." i looked at Jackson and Bambam.

"Good night, girls." Said Jackson to me and Starla.

"Good night." I held Starla's hand and walked with her to the hotel door. Before we went inside i turned around and looked at the guys. They still stood there. Jackson with his cellphone. Bambam clingy to Jackson. Mark looked at me and Starla. He waved at me and smiled. I smiled back at him then got inside the hotel. Those guys are super kind. And now all i need is just beauty sleep. Or just sleep. Its been one of those days.