One

Under the moonlight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo continued to puff while Baekhyun emphasized an endless monologue about how wonderful his best friend's life was.

"It's amazing! A future as a prince is waiting for you." Baekyun sighed, raising his eyes to heaven almost in ecstasy. "And you are not excited at all! But how do you do that? How can you be so calm?!"

Kyungsoo shook his bag with one hand and continued to walk nervous, keeping a fast pace. As a favor to Baekhyun, after school he had agreed to accompany him to go shopping through the streets of Manhattan, but now he had no idea how to get away from him. He had to return home before the sun went down, or he would be in trouble.

"I wonder what it's like to be part of one of the richest families in New York." Baekhyun sighed again, his fingers twisting a lock of black hair. "It's wonderful.. your father is organizing a dance tonight all for you and you don't give a damn!"

Kyungsoo stared at the road with a dark face. "It's not so beautiful as it sounds, trust me. People who orders you what to wear and how you have to behave."

"You don't even imagine how lucky you are." The friend said, raising his voice "I wonder how many beautiful boys you'll meet."

"Yeah, whatever." Kyungsoo said "All spoiled dandies with froathing in the mouth, ready to put their hands on my father's money."

"Remember to be careful with Chanyeol. I want to know word for word what he does and especially with who" specified Baekhyun.

For years he had a crush on his brother and, although Kyungsoo had explained that he had no hope, Baekhyun had not give up yet.

"I've already told you to give up with Chanyeol." Kyungsoo scolded him, for the umpteenth time. "You're too good for him. Usually he prefers oxygenated geese with an abundant bra size.." This time it was Baekhyun who snorted.

They stopped and waited on the sidewalk until the bus emerged from the intersection. Baekhyun went up and smiled. "Call me, between a dance and the other, and keep me updated on the developments."
After all he was a good guy and all he wanted was to have an easier life, like everyone else.

They attended the same high school for three years and Baekhyun had always been happy to attend his best friend family, mainly because he has a tall, handsome and brown haired older brother.

Kyungsoo waited for the bus to disappeared venturing into the traffic of Times Square, then he started to ran, worried. The sky is increasingly becoming darker and at that point, he couldn't risk taking public transports, full of people.

He ran for a quarter of an hour when he decided it was better to take a less traveled road, in case it would happen what he hope wouldn't.

He entered into an alley.

The twilight had already forwarded and indigo dyed the walls of houses. The meow of a cat made him jerk and run faster.

The blood was starting to boil in his veins, he had to hurry. His heart was beating louder, as if it was going to burst.
He only had a few minutes remaining.
He imagined his father at that time, at the gate, waiting for him, furious.
Baekhyun, his friend, had no idea how hard his life was, despite appearances. He envied him because Kyungsoo appeared as the typical lucky guy: brown and silky smooth hair, big eyes, white skin and a lean physique.
Without conside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter