Chapter 1

Senderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]

This fic will be in Sehun's POV

 

 

My name is Oh Sehun. When I was a little, I had a perfect family. I have a caring father who was always working his off as an architect, and my mother who was the talk of the town for being a designer. I was their only child and my parents never had time for me, that was why they gave me a pet dog and I named him Kris. He was a Golden Retriever, the friendliest dog ever. We always play catch together.

Maybe my parents were jealous of my dog that was when things were changing. My parents were starting to notice me. They gave me parents’ love. They always had their time for me and Kris, my dog. We were such a happy family everybody could ask for.

I was seven years old when I have my hardest time. My father left me, and by left I meant he was dead. He got into car crash when he was getting home from work. That was my lowest time. I lost my figure, my best friend, my hero, my father. I tried to be strong for mother, because she was weak when he left us from the world. She would always cry in her room late at night. It kept me alarmed if anything bad was happening to her. But that wouldn’t be such a long time until someone stepped in to our her life.

His name was Park Chanyeol and he was a single father – like my mother a single mother. He was a very rich entrepreneur and met my mother when they were in a restaurant. Since then, they started talking and got to know each other until I knew about their relationship around when I was eleven. Truth to be told, I, Oh Sehun, was happy when my mother announced it. As an eleven-year-old boy, I needed my father figure. And he had daughters also. Finally, I would have some siblings.

I have not related blood sisters named Xiumin and Baekhyun. Both of them had chubby cheeks and I wanted to pinch them, especially Xiumin’s and I heard that Baekhyun was a best singer. And when my mother and their father married, the gossip was true; Baekhyun was a perfect singer. Unlike my dream, I never got close with them nor father Chanyeol. I just had my mother with me. Thank God my mother was still with me.

Then God took my happiness away when doctor said that my mother had cancer in her body for almost two years. I always prayed at night for Him not to take my one and only happiness in this world. My mother was still young, she just married with Chanyeol for three years. Mother still had her life goals. But after the day of my 15th birthday, she was lying on the bed, smiling for an eternity.

After that, my life turned 180˚. Chanyeol asked me to move out from my own room and sleep in the attic with Kris, my dog. My room was for Minseok and Baekhyun, my annoying twin siblings. And I have to work in a café for my own lunch money. The good thing was he still paid my school. At least that was kind enough for him to do that.

When I was moping the living room’s floor suddenly the front bell rang, making me tilted my head toward the entrance. Quickly, I put the mop, propped it on the wall and I took a light step toward the huge door. With all of my power, I turned the knob and pulled the heavy door. I stepped away when I found a royal guard was in front of the door with trumpet on his hand. I took a step back and let him blew the golden trumpet. The sound was echoing through the house and it was loud enough. The royal guard introduced his name, Huang Zi Tao. His deadly eyes were staring at me as he bowed down.

“Good morning, sir,” he said and straighten up his body. “I hope it’s not a bad time for me to interrupt your daily activity,” he said politely.

I smiled at his kindness. “Not at all. Do you mind to step in?” I asked him as I gestured him to come in.

Zitao lowered his head a little bit and shook his head. “I’m afraid I have to turn it down because I still have much to do. I’m here just to give an invitation,” he smiled warmly and handed me an envelope.

I studied the beautiful envelope on my hands and started to feel the hard paper. It was embossed and looks expensive. There was also a picture of our kingdom. I brought the envelope to my nose so I could smell the royalty. It smells fancy. And a sudden chuckled interrupted me in my own world.

“The inside is more attracting than the outside, sir,” he chuckled, making me embarrassed at my own stupidity and hid my lower part of my face behind the envelope I was holding to.

“Shouldn’t you be gone right now?” I said, sounded like shooing him.

“I am,” he was looking at the clock while saying that. He bowed to me and I bowed back. “I hope your family could make it.” And by that he went away.

I closed the heavy door by pushing it with my shoulders as my eyes didn’t leave the envelope. In my heart, it tells me that it was something important, something that I couldn’t miss it for anything. The urge for me to unseal the envelope was huge, but I needed to give it to Chanyeol before I even knew what the announcement was. So, I left the beautiful embossed envelope at the table, beside the flowerpot, near the staircase. And after that, I continued my work, mopping.

 

“What is it, daddy?” I heard Minseok’s girly voice ringing in the room as she slumped down next to her father.

“Yeah, Chan-Daddy, what is it?” It was Baekhyun’s turned to ask as she was slumping down on the couch on the other side of her father.

Chanyeol was reading the letter with his eyes wide open and suddenly stood up, making the both girl who was propping their bodies to him ended up clashed together. Baekhyun hit Minseok in her shoulder. Minseok gave him a shock expression and hit him. Baekhyun returned the hit as well as Minseok until they slapped each other.

“Girls… Girls… GIRLS!” Chanyeol’s voice echoed the whole room, making them stopped to hit each other and I also stopped to dust the pictures in the living room and look at the older.

Chanyeol took of his spectacles and gave a light massage to his temple as he sighed. “The letter was an announcement for ladies to come to the palace this Saturday,” he explained.

Minseok and Baekhyun looked at each other and looked back at him. “For what father?”

Chanyeol clapped his hand once and straighten his suit. “Brace yourself girls, the King wanted to search the next girl for his son, Prince Luhan.”

With that, the twins were yelling in excitement, jumping around the living room. But for me, it was nightmare. How I wish he was a princess instead a prince. Maybe, just maybe, by marrying the princess, my life could change. Why does my life have to be this way?

“Minseok-eonni, I will wear blue for the ball dance! I heard the prince loves the colour of the sea!” Baekhyun the younger twin squealed.

“I don’t care, Baekhyun! Prince Luhan loves a chubby cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter