1 | he meets his first love

Their First Loves

They said,

Your first love is not always the first person you kiss, or the first person you date.

Your first love is the person you will always compare everyone to.

The person that you will never truly get over, even when you’ve convinced yourself you’ve moved on

 

Is that so?

 

I am a mature person, and I am not the type who likes to look at the past, reminiscing the moments I—no, we—have left behind. I am the type who always looks forward and leaves everything happened in the past. Past is not something that should be reminisced, I thought.

 

And I know too, that Sehun is just like me. He is a realistic person. He always looks forward—to our future, that is it. He never even talks about his first love in front of me.

 

Now, that’s the problem. He never even talks about his first love in front of me.

 

It was a dull Friday evening. Sehun fetched me from my office. We would have a dinner together in a restaurant near my office.

 

“How’s work?” I asked him, glanced at his side profile, and then looked at the windshield. It was drizzling outside, and the sky was dark already.

 

He always put a serious look on his face. “Fine,” he mumbled, his fingers tapping the steering wheel. The radio was playing a K-Indie song—Once Again by Standing Egg, I know this song. “How’s yours?” He asked me back.

 

“Nothing much. Just had a little fight with one of my staff.” I giggled, remembering how our little fight was. I am an Accounting Manager, and one of my staff made a mistake. She is five years older than me. I am a respectful person, especially to the ones who are older than me. So when she made the mistake, I, of course, didn’t scold her. I told her to fix the Income Statement she had made, with a very nice and polite tone, yet she scorned me, telling that I am a conceited woman. That just didn’t make sense.

 

Oh, yeah, I ended up talking alone in the back of my mind because Sehun didn’t ask me any further about that little fight.

 

Sehun is not a talkative person, but in front of me, he usually talks about many things, and also asks me about many things. However, I noticed that Sehun acts a little strange these past two weeks. He rarely talks, and I often catch him spacing out. Seems that he is up to something, but I don’t ask what he is up to.

 

If he wants to tell me, then he definitely will tell me—so I don’t ask him.

 

I and Sehun entered the restaurant. It was our favorite restaurant—the foods taste really good.

 

I sat down, and Sehun sat across from my seat. He took the menu and glanced at it.

 

“What are you going to order?” I asked him.

 

“I don’t feel like eating,” He replied plainly.

 

I quietly sighed, then ordered a jjangmyeon and also strawberry juice for myself. Fine, you don’t feel like eating, and I don’t feel like talking to you. You’re weird, Sehun.

 

While waiting for my orders to come, I stared at Sehun who was spacing out. He looked at the hazy window with a blank stare.

 

“What’s up with you?” I implored. I can’t stand seeing him being like that anymore. It’s not like I’m suspicious at him. I’m just concerned.

 

“What?” He looked at me with his blank stare.

 

“What’s bothering you?” I asked, staring at his eyes deeply.

 

“Nothing.”

 

I sighed, and then spoke up. “You can never lie to me, Sehun. I can tell that you are—“

 

My words halted when something on the table vibrated. It was Sehun’s phone. I unintentionally landed my eyes at the screen, and saw the Caller ID on it.

 

Yoo Hyerim

 

I slightly opened my mouth, about to ask him who is that Yoo Hyerim. However, I know that I shouldn’t ask, so I closed it again. I pressed my lips into thin line, before looking at him. “Are you not going to pick it up?” I asked him. A troubled look was getting evident on his face.

 

“No,” he replied shortly, and then pressed the red button on his phone screen.

 

“You know, Sehun. I don’t feel like eating anymore,” I blurted out. I’m good at reading people, and I can tell that Yoo Hyerim has something to do with Sehun’s weird behavior these past two weeks.

 

Sehun narrowed his eyebrows. “Why?”

 

“You’re the one who ask me out for dinner, but now I’m the only one who’s ordering. Am I supposed to eat alone?”

 

“I’m not hungry.”

 

“I’m leaving.”

 

I took my bag on the table and rose from my seat. Sehun widened his eyes and stood up. I walked towards the door, but Sehun stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

 

“Hey, Jihyun, I’m sorry. Fine, I’ll order—“

 

“No, that’s not it!” I blurted out. Much to my fortune, there weren’t many costumers. “You know, you’ve been acting weird these past weeks and you never even tell me what happens with you! Do you know how much I am concerned about you, thinking what’s bothering you?”

 

“You never asked me,” He replied quietly, staring at my eyes deeply. His eyes were showing that he was totally bothered by something.

 

Should I have asked him?

 

Would he tell me if only I asked him?

 

I inhaled deeply, and then looked up to meet his eyes. “Fine. I’m asking you. What’s bothering you?” I asked softly, though he’s really frustrating me.

 

He kept his mouth shut. Again, he had a blank stare again on his eyes. It’s like he was contemplating whether to tell me or not. See? What’s the use of asking anyway? He still didn’t tell me.

 

I sighed then spun around, but Sehun quickly caught my wrist.

 

“I...”

 

I turned around to face him. He stared at me with unreadable expression plastered on his face.

 

“I met my first love."

 

***

 

Hello! Here is the first chapter of Their First Loves. I hope you like it! Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe to this story! Thank you ^o^

 

Love, pandalion.