Final

A Bet

“Why are you in my room?” Hayi asked while she pretending to arrange her books, breaking the awkward silence. She wanted to ask this question right when she saw this guy in her room. Just- she didn't know what just happen. Oh! Stop! She needed to stop thinking about that little moment happened a few minutes before. It just made her blushed more.

“I want to tell you Han-” Bobby said as he was still in shock.

“I know the little bet between you guys.” Hayi tilted her head a little bit, smirked at him over her shoulder, “Actually we made our own bet too. Hmm- not a bet, it's more like a cheat. Whatever, he gonna lose sooner or later.”

“What do you mean-“ Bobby approached her confusedly.

“Obviously, I know the bet over me at the beginning. That's why I accepted his confession that quick. I'm not those stupid fan girls dreaming on prince charming and drolling about his nasty bad boy concept, okay?” Hayi rolled her eyes, took the book out of her backpack.

“But, how?”

“You guys really don't know that I am Double Jimins' neighbor and we are friend since kindergarten, huh?” Hayi turned to look at Bobby straight in his eyes, “We even have met a few times at their party. But I guess the cool kids in my school won't notice the nobody-“

“No-“

“You remembered the party that we were there together?”

“No, I-I mean you are not nobody. Just- we don't really care about the surrounding.” Bobby's voice became lower and lower because he felt like the more he explained it, the more he looked like the arrogant cool kids that Hayi mentioned.

“Pff, whatever.” Hayi replied.

“Why will they do this to Hanbin?” Bobby asked.

“Because- do you guys remember what he does to Suhyun? Like some many times, in front of her favourite Jinhwan Oppa?”

“Oh, but those are joke. We- He didn't mean anything by doing that.” Bobby widen his small eyes, “She made this?”

“No, I. Maybe, as I am the one who come up with this bet.”Hayi said with a darken face,“Just not that I know, I will also be in it.”

“But why?”

“You guys should know that no matter how easy going she is, she is a girl in the end. And there is something that you can never done to a girl.” 

 

“ that motherer. He really thinks he is the prince charming, huh?” Suhyun rushed into my room angrily.

“Again?” Hayi looked at her. Suhyun was always a happy kid, it's really rare to see her that angry, "That idiot really cannot learn his lesson."

“Yes! I know, right? That Kim Bastard made fun of me in front of Jinhwan Oppa again. AGAIN! I hate that. I have told him so many times that I didn't like the way he makes fun of me. But he just won't listen. He really thinks everyone should forgive him because of his face.” Suhyun throw herself on Hayi's bed, facing the ceiling, “He is such a bad person, I don't know why he still have friend. I just want him to experience that kind of humiliation in front of people for once. God, please.” She crossed her finger and shut her eyes so tight like she's praying so hard inside her.

 

“Do you really want to do that?”

“Do what?” She opened her eyes, titled her head to look at Hayi.

“Humiliate that Kim bastard.”

“Can you?” Hayi could see the blink in her eyes.

“Maybe, I guess?”

“How?” She sat up straight,“Oh, Unnie! I love that evil smile on your face. No matter what you're planning with, I know it must works.”

“Merci.”Hayi blowed a kiss to Suhyun, then she pretended to catch it and kept it in her pocket.

I know they are really close with Namjoon Oppa lately. We can ask them to make a bet on something, like winning a nerd's heart, makes her fall in love with him. But we will find that girl first to fake the result. Then tell him the truth at- at- at his birthday party.” Hayi smiled sweetly.

She just happened to know about Kim Bastard's birthday. Thanks to Jimin.

“Great idea. It will be so much pain for him.” Suhyun smiled back, “but where can we find this girl that won't fall for him? You know the girls in our school are so crazy about him.”

“That's none of my business. You know how much I hate those little bets between those bastard. No way that every girls in our school attach to him, What a "good" taste.” Hayi said sarcastically.

“Sure. I'll go now, I need to tell Joonie Oppa about this right now.”

“Bye.” Hayi walked to the bathroom while she bided goodbye, that's how she couldn't see the little smirk on Suhyun's face. That's how she being dragged in this stupid bet.

 

“But I thought that you're really in love with Hanbin? Do you remember what you said when I was trying to talk with you? That time in the library?”

“Of course I need to say thing like that He was there too, and how will I tell the truth to you. You're Bastard's bestie.”

 

“Hayi, can we talk?”

Hayi put down her book and nodded. They were in the school library, as it was the lunch break. There weren't any people here, just the two of them.  Hayi was kind of surprised that Bobby was here try to talk with her alone. She knew that Bobby was different from the group of his friend in the beginning. He didn't think he was better than anyone else just because they were popular. He's nice to everyone and the most surprising fact was he studied. He didn't think people who got a great grade were nerd, he appreciated their hard work. That made him the most popular among their group, even the Kim bastard couldn't beat him.

Hayi didn't know why, she felt like Bobby didn't like her sometimes but she couldn't feel the hatred from him like what she totally got from Jennie. She's confused with him. Since she dated Kim bastard, he kept advoiding talk with her when they're together. But she caught him staring at her a few times at their lunch break or weekend hang out. It's weird. And for that one time, she even found him staring at her and grinning. He's really cute when he grinned.

Bobby dragged the chair next to Hayi out, and sat on it. His facial expression was so serious. He didn't talk. She didn't ask.

Bobby kept staring at the air in front of him, popped his elbow on the desk, chin on his hand. Hayi looked at him, waited for him to talk patiently, hand caressed her book.

 

“Um- Are you really in love with Hanbin?” Finally, he formed a sentence from his messy mind.

“Why do you ask?” Hayi asked peacefully, like she didn't feel offend by this question, and the truth was she really didn't.

“Just answer me. Do you love him?”

 

“What are you doing, Bobby?”

They both turn to look at the one behind them yelled.

It's Hanbin. He stood there, still catching his breath.

 

“Bobby.” He warned Bobby in a low voice.

They stared to each other. Hayi looked down and held a little smile which the two boys couldn't catch it as they were too busy to eyes fight each other. She closed the book and put it back into her backpack.

“Yes, I do.” She said as she carried her bag and walked toward Hanbin.

Bobby frowned, “That's not make sense, you guys just know each other not more than a month.”

“There is no sense in love. You know that you're in love when you realize that makes no sense.” Hayi said, looked straight to Hanbin, “Can we go now? I really want to take a rest.”

“Okay.” Hanbin blushed; he held Hayi's hand then walked away together, leaving Bobby behind.

 

“Those line really make me think that you are crazily in love with him.”

“Oh, that's just the lines from the book I have been reading.” Bobby really liked the playful smirk on her face. He didn't know how he should feel right now. Feel bad for his friend or feel relief that she didn't love him at all. He knew that Hanbin were just trying to win the bet, there would be no harm to him if the girl didn't fall for him.

“What's with the stupid grin on your face?”

“Nothing.” Bobby hadn't realized that he was grinning. He immediately pulled a serious face, “I assume that the book you read is love fiction?”

“Yes. What? I cannot read fiction?”

“No, it's just- it just doesn't fit your imagine. I though that- No, they though that the only books you will read are textbooks.”

“That's apparently wrong.”

“I know. After I get to know you, I know there is a misunderstanding of your personality. But not that I expect the truth is that far away from the misunderstanding.” Bobby looked around her room. Everything was in pastel color and everything was so cute.

“Yeh, my favorite color is pink and my favorite is heart. A visually cool person like me has the right to love cute things too.”

“Ease, I'm not saying that you cannot like the cute things. I'm just surprised. That's the reason why you cover the book with paper wrap?”

“No, I just don't like the idea that the others might know what I am reading. I think what kind of book you read really reflect what kind of person you are, it feels so with the open book.”

“Yeh, I know that feeling.”Bobby smiled back, he swifted his glance to her bacpack on the floor.

“But you do use a black backpack.”

“Sometimes, it's better for me to stuck with the stereotype.” Hayi sighed, “Once I went to school with a pink backpack, everyone were eyeing me like there's something wrong with me. It's annoying. I think it's worth sacrificing the pink backpack for peaceful.”

“Wow, so mature.” Bobby smirked, sat back on the bed.

 

“So,” Hayi paused a second, thinking what to say, “Why are you here?” She pulled her legs close to her chest, rested her head on the knees. She looked so small, liked a doll on the chair.

“I have told you why.” Bobby looked at her, held the butterfly that fluttered in his stomach.

“No, I mean why do you want to tell me now?”

Bobby stretched his arms out to pull Hayi's chair. They were only inch away with each other, face to face. He could see himself in her eyes.

“You know why.”

“I will never know why if you don't tell me.” Bobby put Hayi's hair down, combed it with his hair, “Bobby, I need words. I'm never a person live with only feeling.”

“I know.” He leaned in and placed his lips on hers. It's more like a touch, rather than a kiss, “But you need to learn it. Have more confident in yourself, Hayi-ah. I did things to prove myself too; you need to believe what you see, what you feel. Words are just words without the feel.” He said it against her lips. The hot breath brushed her face. She couldn't help but felt hotter than hotter, her cheek were now bright red.

 

Hayi leaned back, looked at Bobby intensively, “Can I trust you?”

“No, you can only trust yourself.”

“Okay.” Hayi stayed a minute, she was thinking about it. Bobby didn't push her, he knew she need time for it.

 

“Okay.”

Suddenly, Hayi grabbed his collar, dragged him closer. Bobby was shocked by her sudden move, his eyes widen, his mouth opened wide. She smirked at his dumbness and cuteness.

 

“Decision made.” She said then leaned in.

Bobby slowly placed his hands behind her head, he couldn't hold his smile even they were kissing.

 

“Unnie, We won. Hanbin said you fell f- Opps, sorry.” Suhyun crashed into Hayi's room, stood awkwardly at the doorframe because of the scene happening in the room, “I don't know you guys-“

 

“You know now, go celebrate somewhere else.” Bobby scooted her.

“Okay, okay. I'll go now.”

He looked back to Hayi after the door was closed, “Since you are such a good student, I will try to do it in your way. Hayi-ah, I-

The phone stopped Bobby's confession.

“Ugh!” He exclaimed.

 

“It's Kim bastard.” Hayi giggled after she had a look of the phone, “I think he can't wait to get his prize.”

“Just finish it quickly.” He said defended, “I mean the bet.”

“Okay.” Hayi pecked on his cheek before she picked up the phone call.

 

The End

 

A/N:

Please don't hate me for making Hanbin a playboy in this story and for making bobby and Hayi doing this behin Hanbin. I don't think they are cheating on him. The love between Hayi and Hanbin isn't real at first. So this is just a story. Hope that you can enjoy it.

Thanks for everyone who has read this.