Goodbye

Goodbye, Baekhyun

"Good Morning Baekhyun Oppa! I made breakfast for you!" I said to him happily with an eye smile. I set the food on the table and I quietly sat down on the chair. He looked at me but the quickly looked away. He just stayed quiet and he grabbed a newspaper from the shelf.

He made coffee and went back to the table with a coffee mug in his hands. I fiddled with my fingers as I was waiting for him to say something.

"Don't wait up for me. I'll come home late." Baekhyun said to me coldly while he was reading the newspaper. I shrugged his coldness off and I tried to ask him.

"O-okay. And Baekhyun oppa m-maybe y-you want to go out to eat dinner with me tomorrow? It's our first monthsary from the day we were married." I said happily and smiled. But I saw him stand up and he pounded his fists on the table. He looked at me with so much hatred that I just ducked my head and my smile faded away.

"You seriously have the nerve to make me remember that day huh? Remember this Hana Lee. I will Never Love you. I married you for the payment of your Father's debt to my Father's company and for that reason only. I wish you'd just disappear!" He said with so much anger. I looked up at him with tears streaming down my face. I was about to tell him that I saw Jieun cheating on him.

"Baekhyun. I saw Jieun cheating-" but he cut me off. He threw the newspaper and his coffee mug to the ground. It shattered into a million pieces.

"What? You're gonna tell me lies again? How pathetic of you Hana Lee. It just makes me want to hate you more that you're telling me lies about Jieun. If it weren't for you, I would've been happy with Jieun whom I Love and I would have married her already. " He said emphasizing the word Love and he left me. I heard the door slam. And that was where I didn't handle all the emotions. I was crying on the floor. I was clutching to where my heart was. It hurts so much.

Do you not love me Baekhyun? Because you, I love you so much

 

[BAEKHYUN'S POV]

She's so desperate. I scoffed by the thought of it. It's been 3 weeks already and she still doesn't realize that I don't love her. I went inside my car and I sat there for a while to calm my nerves. 

'Calm yourself Baekhyun. You can't be stressed. You still have work ahead of you.' I repeatedly said to myself while I was massaging my temples and suddenly my cellphone rang. I fished it out of my pockets and I looked at the caller ID. It was Jieun...

I smiled as I immediately answer the call.

"Baekhyun Oppa! I missed you!" She greeted me over the phone. I happily sighed because of her cuteness. I knew she was pouting while saying those things.

"Hello Jieun-ah. I missed you too." I calmly replied back to her. The way she calms me. God.. I just love her..

"Oppa.. When will you marry me?" She whined on the phone and It took a few seconds for me to answer her.

"Soon Jieun.. Soon. It's just hard for me to divorce her right now because my Parents are still monitoring us. You understand, don't you?" I asked her. I heard her sigh over the phone and my smile faded away.

"Don't you love me Baekhyun Oppa?" She asked me. I immediately answered.

"Of course I do Jieun. I Love you so much. Just please wait for me. Okay?" I asked and at the same time assured her. I can't let her go because I love her so much.

"Arasso Oppa. I Love you too." She said and I smiled back

"Okay Jieun-ah. See you at the office." I said and ended the phone call. I put the phone back in my pocket and I started the engine. Heading to my Office.

[HANA'S POV]

I got out of the bathroom and I looked at myself in the mirror. I clutched the towel that was wrapping around my body tightly. There were more bruises and my skin is getting paler and paler. I looked away and I wash down the sink with some spots of blood that I coughed out a while ago. I sighed.

Today is my Weekly Check-up to which Baekhyun doesn't know. All he knows is that I have asthma and a weak stamina. In reality, I have leukemia. I just wore a sweater that had an owl design on the front and a pair of skinny jeans. I wore a beanie and a scarf because it was cold outside.

I grabbe my things then I locked the house and gate. I hailed for a taxi and I told him the Hospital Address. It was quiet on the ride to the Hospital and I was just looking outside the window. 

I saw Families happily playing with each other, having one of the best moment of their lives. I also saw couples kissing and hugging each other on the street. They were walking side by side, their hands never pulling apart. I sighed as a small tear escape from my eyes.

I looked at the rearview mirror and I saw the driver looking at me. He smiled as if he was saying it was all going to be alright. I smiled back a small smile then he continued on driving.

I arrived at the hospital and I directly went to Dr. Kim's clinic. I already knew my way around here because I always went here since I was a kid with my parents but now I'm all alone.

Mr. Kim has been my doctor ever since I was a kid. In his clinic, we did the weekly check up routine and we did some tests to check how my health was in the moment. I was sitting quietly in one of the chairs and waited for Dr. Kim.

He finally went out of the test room with a sad face. He sat gently on his office chair and looked at me with sad eyes. My heart started to pound because of the look he gave to me. It was sad and at the same time sorry.

I gave him a reassuring smile. I had to prepare myself for this news. The symptoms were obvious already. My nose bled frequently now and bruises were emerging in a short time span already.

"Hana.. You.. You.. I'm sorry but you only have two days left. I don't understand.. We did everything.. You're supposed to be healthy. We even underwent--" I went next to him and I hugged him. He was sobbing and it made me hug him harder.

He's a close family friend and He acted as my Father when my Parents passed away.

"Don't worry Mr. Kim. You did everything for me. Maybe... things didn't go the way we wanted it to be." I told him and I let go of him. I sat back down and he told me, I could stay at the hospital for the remaining time I have, he would arrange a room for me, I thanked him.

I told him I'll come back and I left with a heavy heart. I walked down the Hospital Halls with heavy steps. My shoes clicking against the white tiled floors. My mind occupied as I worried with the one question on my mind.

How am I going to tell Baekhyun?

******************************

Before going back to the house to pack my things. I decided to visit Baekhyun to tell him that I'll be moving to my Aunt's house because he wanted me gone anyway. I hailed for a taxi and I told him the office address.

I went inside the building. His co-workers greeted me and I smiled at them. I went to the 3rd floor where his office was. As I was walking towards his office, I heard grunts and moans. His office door was open so I took a look inside only to regret it later on. He was making out with a woman. I stepped back holding in my sobs and tears went out of my eyes profusely. When I was at a proper distance, I ran back to the elevator and i went outside the building. I hailed for a taxi and there, I cried my heart out.

I opened the gate and I unlocked the house door. I tiredly went inside and I was greeted by silence. I closed the door slowly and I went up to my room to pack my things. 

'You're too Desperate Hana Lee. ACCEPT IT HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU!' My brain told me and I guess Baekhyun was right after all. I am too desperate. I'm too clingy and I'll burden him even more if I tell him my situation.

After packing, I gently sat on my bed as tiredness ran over me. I lie down observing the surroundings inside my room for the last time. I decided to make a letter to Baek. There, I told him everything I felt and what is going to happen to me. After that, I hid it under my pillow. 

I think I would be gone when he opens and reads the letter. I sighed. At least, he'll know that I love him even though he hates me. I stood up and grabbed my bags. I looked at the room one last time and I went downstairs.

I went near the albums and frames where there were pictures of me and Baekhyun. It was mostly candid solo pictures. I observed them and as I turn to another page. I found our wedding photo. I looked at it intently as tears were falling out of my eyes. Even though it was a forced smile and forced kiss, he didn't fail to make me the happiest woman on that day.

I took the picture from the album and I put it in my purse. I decided to bring it with me. Then after that, I took one last look at the house and I went outside and left the house that gave me countless of memories to cherish.

I arrived at the hospital and Dr. Kim sent his assistant to help me with my things. I looked at Our wedding picture. I need to be strong for what will come ahead. Be strong Hana.. Be Strong.

 

BAEKHYUN'S POV

After the intimate thing Jieun and I did. She left to finish off her work. I was left there with silence enveloping my whole office. I'm done for today and I have no more files to arrange.

As I was sitting there on my office chair, I can't help but think about Hana. Guilt washed over me as I remembered the things I said to her. But it quickly disappeared because it was the truth. I had to tell her the truth or else she would expect that I love her. I dialed Jieun's number to ask if she was free tonight. She didn't answer my call so I grabbed my coat and I headed towards her cubicle which is on the 2nd floor. 

I didn't see her there and I dialed her number again. I waited for her to answer but still nothing. I asked her officemate on her where abouts and she pointed to where the comfort room is. I went near the comfort room door and I heard grunts.

"Uhhh...uhhh.. Dave.. Faster.. Faster.. " I heard Jieun groan. Anger was bottling up in me.

"Shhh.. They're gonna hear us." I never felt so angry in my entire life! I kicked open the door and there I saw them really having 'it'.

Jieun was so shocked but I just scoffed.

"B-baekhyun O-oppa. I-I can explain-" I didn't let her finish and I left the scene and I made sure to fire her and the guy the next day. I felt cheated on and it hurts. It ing hurts. . 

I just drove to Chanyeol's house to drink with him. There we drank and drank. I told him everything I witnessed. I didn't notice that I drank so much that I ended up sleeping at his house. 

The next day, I woke up with a headache. . My head ing hurts. I sat up and held my head. 

"Dude. Drink this. It would make you feel better." Chanyeol said while looking at me. I muttered him a thanks.

"Dude. I looked at your phone and Hana called you, I answered it and she told me that she was moving to her Aunt's house because it was for the best." He told me while I was sipping coffee. Chanyeol stood up and left me with realizing words

"You know Baekhyun. She loves you very much and you just wasted her. I told her that you got drunk and she told me to take care of you and let him drink tea because she knew it was the best treatment for your hangovers." He said then left the house to buy groceries.

I sighed and remembered what he said. You just wasted her.. You just wasted her..

Maybe I could change. Maybe I could learn to love Hana. Maybe she was the one after all. 

I quickly stood up with that realization and I stormed out of Chanyeol's house. I ignored my headache and quickly drove to her Aunt's house.

Upon arriving there. I went out my car and I knocked and knocked on the door until it opened. I saw her Aunt looking at me strangely.

"Baekhyun? What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Is Hana Here? She told me she moved in with you." I said to her but she looked shock.

"She didn't tell you?" She asked me again. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Tell me what?" I asked. 

"Dear. Please listen to what I'm going to say.." she said and I nodded for her to continue.

"H-hana h-has leukemia. S-she's at the Cornerstone Hospital. She's been diagnosed with Leukemia since she was a kid and sh-she told me that today would be her last-" I didn't let her finish. I ran back to the car and went to the Hospital her Aunt told me.

I arrived there and I ran inside like I was running for my life. I asked the nurse's station where Hana's room was. 

"Her room is room number 115 Sir." She said and I quickly went there. I was looking to my left and right to see the door numbers until I arrived at 115. 

I opened the door and there, I saw her. Lying so peacefully while looking at our wedding picture. She was crying and the sight of it breaks me. She didn't notice that I was here until I called her.

"Hana..." I called. And she slowly turned her head in my direction and I heard her gasp. 

"B-Baek..Baekhyun? I-is th-that you?" Her voice was hoarse. I nodded and I went closer to her. I hugged her and I felt tears wetting my suit. I can't help but cry too. I pulled back and held her hands. They were so cold.

"Baek.. how did.. you know I was here?" She asked me with tears in her eyes.

"Shhhh... That's not important right now.. I'm sorry Hana.. I'm so so Sorry. I was a jerk. Please forgive me. I-I Love you." I told her as I kissed her hands. She let go of my hands and she cupped my face and she kissed my forehead. I cried harder because of it. 

She looked at me with those soft, brown and loving eyes of hers. She wiped my tears away.

"B-baekhyun.. Pl-Please don't cry.. I love you too and I forgive you.. I'm sorry I can't stay any longer. Please Live your life happily..." and with those words she let go. I heard the life monitor beep. My eyes widened. I shook her but she didn't respond.

"Hana? Hana? Baby? Please wake up! Wake up Hana!" I shouted at her but it was no use. Her limp hands let go of me. I heard doctors and nurses coming in. They pushed me away and they tried to resuscitate Hana but it was too late. 

I went near her and I pushed some of the doctors away. I touched her face. 

"Hana! Wake up Baby! Wake up!" I told her again and again as my tears were falling on her face.

"Sir.. You have to let go." The nurse told me and I finally decided to let go. I stared at her face trying to memorize it. Her beautiful features... I was a jerk. I was too blinded to realize that she was the one after all.

The nurses gave me papers to plan for Hana's funeral. Some writings would get smudged because of my tears. 

I went home to change. I never felt so lifeless in my entire life. I looked at my phone and there were missed calls from Jieun. I ignored it and I went up to my room to change. After changing, I went to Hana's room. I stayed there and cried while hugging her picture. 

I was such a fool. I wish I had spent more time with her. 

As I was lying down, I felt something underneath Hana's pillow. I reached under it and I saw a letter. I looked at it and it said for Baekhyun. It was from Hana..

I opened it and read what was inside.

Dear Baekhyun, by the time you'd probably read this. I would already be gone. Please know that even though you hate me,  I love you with all my heart. I know I was so clingy and desperate but it was because I was afraid you'd get hurt if you knew that Jieun was cheating on you. 

Did you know, You made the happiest woman in all the world when we got married? Even though I know you loved someone else. 

I'm sorry if I didn't tell you that I had Leukemia. I didn't want to burden you any further. I didn't want you to be so worried of me. I didn't want you to change just because you knew about my sickness, I wanted you to change in your own time and compassion for people. I Love You Baekhyun. Forever and Always

- Love Hana Lee

 

As I read until the end I couldn't help but cry. I clutched the letter tightly to my chest and realized of how much of a fool I was.

 

THE END.