meeting

Let Me Care For You

Jungkook stumbled as he walked along the wall, keeping his balance by holding his arms out to the sides, making sure not to fall into the sea that crashed around his feet on one side. The tide was in and although it was not windy, it was very cold, so he was wrapped up in his thick coat, making him seem even more childlike.

A large wave crashed against the wall, riding slightly above it and knocking Jungkook off his feet. He looked up in surprise when he felt strong arms catch him and stop him from hitting his head on the rocks. Namjoon, a passer-by, had seen the wave coming and rushed to his rescue. Namjoon put him on his feet and was gone before jungkook could say anything.

who... was that man?...

Jungkook stumbled on his feet before losing his balance and falling on his , but instead of crying,  like he usually would, he stared at the spot where the man had been just minutes before.

 


 

Jungkook slipped his shoes and coat off, leaving them tucked away in the hallway and waddled towards his kitchen where he grabbed a juice box and a few kiddie snacks before running off to his bedroom to watch cartoons.

A few hours later, his flatmate Jimin opened the door to find him curled up in a blanket with his thumb in his mouth and his rubbish strewn across his desk.

"Jungkook, you know you shouldn't your thumb, it's bad for your skin. Use your binkie. And you need to put your rubbish in the bin, last time it was there for over a week."

"You take such good care of me, you should be my daddy. I can't find one otherwise." Jungkook mumbled around his thumb. Jimin sighed in exasperation.

"We've been over this,  I assume the same role in the relationship as you and you're my friend, not my little. I'm looking for a daddy too." Jungkook huffed in frustration before digging under his pillow for his binkie.

A few hours later Jimin and Jungkook were huddled up on the sofa of the flat, swathed in fluffy blankets and binge watching studio ghibli films. The doorbell rang, who they both assumed was one of their friends as they were the only people that ever rang the doorbell at their door.

Jungkook stood up, binkie in mouth and stuffie in arm and headed towards the door. He opened the door without looking through the peephole and came face to face with a man that seemed to recognise him, but he didn't recognise, except for a part of his blonde hair and his tanned, manicured fingers. Jungkook's memory flashed back to earlier, on the wall next to the sea.

His face went bright red when he realised that this man had seen him walk along a wall, saved him from a high wave, and was now at his door, which he answered with a binkie and a stuffie. His level of embarrassment could not be higher at that moment.

"Umm, does... Does Min Yoongi live here?" The man's voice brought Jungkook out of his reverie. Jungkook shook his head no, trying to think of a Min Yoongi. He remembered, he was the man that lived the apartment above, who left a note to turn the TV down a little one time. He then pointed to the ceiling, indicating that he lived upstairs. The man nodded and went to leave, but remembered something.

"How are you, by the way? You didn't hit your head?" He asked, concerned. Jungkook shook his head no.

"You didn't hurt your bum when you fell over?" Again, Jungkook shook his head no. He decided that seeing as the man hadn't reacted to the stuffie and binkie, he wouldn't react to the rest. So he slipped his thumb and forefinger under his waistband and pulled out the waist of his nappy enough for the man to see. The man gave a motion and a little 'aaah' to show that he understood.

"I'm glad you're safe. My name's Namjoon, by the way. What's yours?" Jungkook pointed to the plack next to the door with their names on, and put his finger on his own name. Namjoon read the plack and seemed embarrassed that he didn't see it before.

"Jeon Jungkook what is taking so longggg?" Jimin walked through to the hallway with a stuffie in his arm and his blanket trailing behind him but froze when he saw Namjoon.

"Hi, I'm Namjoon." He offered with the friendliest smile he could muster. "I'm gonna go find Yoongi's apartment now..." He rushed off before either of the younger boys could say anything. Jungkook closed the door and toddled back to the living room to continue the movie.

"Do you know that guy?" Jungkook nodded. "He was looking for yoongi, as in Min Yoongi from the apartment upstairs?" Jungkook nodded again. "Okay" Jimin finally sat down next to Jungkook, who then curled up with his head on Jimin's lap and they continued the movie.


 

"Min Yoongi!" Namjoon banged on yoongi's door. After a minute, Yoongi opened the door looking annoyed as if he'd just been doing something.

"Hyung I was writing! What do you want!?" Namjoon ignored Yoongi's annoyance and walked into his apartment, finding the kitchen and raiding the cupboards.

"What are you doing raiding my cupboards Namjoon?" Yoongi shuffled into the kitchen after him.

"What? You do it at my house. Anyway, how on earth could you not tell me there are TWO littles living downstairs? We have been looking for two years and all this while there were already some literally under your nose!" Namjoon said all this using large hand gestures before turning back to the cupboard and pulling out a large pack of cookies.

"I didn't know what they looked like, I didn't even know they were properly little, I just thought they really liked cartoons. Geez hyung, don't jump down my throat about it." He complained shuffling through to his living room where he had papers strewn across the coffee table with things written across them. Namjoon flopped onto the sofa and carried on eating Yoongi's cookies.

"I know what they look like. I saw them earlier, I thought their apartment was yours. And I saved one of them from being knocked off a wall by a wave."

"And you're thinking that we should see if they have, or are looking for daddies?"

"Exactly"

"We'll invite them out for lunch tomorrow." The two men fell into a comfortable silence of Yoongi carrying on writing and Namjoon eating the cookies, sometimes interjecting helpful comments.

tomorrow should be fun.