Television Dinner

The Best Friend.

Hello ~ Sorry for not updating for so long... I didn't know how to continue and really wanted to give up but then I realised how few ilhoon stories are available D: So yup... I hope you will continue to enjoy/support my story! ^^ (Also, I spent about an hour typing out a new chapter then my internet died on me so this is currently draft 2... Hopefully I am able to retain the same vibe to it. DD:)


'Do... Do you want to have dinner at my place? I made too much pasta and omma isn't at home so I thought of you...' Bomi rambled on in front of Ilhoon's door, immediately regretting knocking on his door.

'Huh?' Ilhoon asked, unable to believe that Bomi was not only standing in front of his door but actually asking him to join her for dinner.

'YA~ You are doing this on purpose right? Forget it.' Bomi was embarassed.

'Heyyyy~ I was just kidding. How can I pass off dinner invite from our Bomi-shi?' Ilhoon teases while grabbing hold of Bomi on the hood of her pullover as she turns away to walk home.


The two friends settled down in front of the television with a plate of pasta in their hands respectively. This was a familiar scene to both of them since they used to hangout at one another's apartment all the time and television dinner was like a weekly tradition for them. However, instead, an air of awkward silence filled the room.

Ilhoon thought back about the day he unintentionally confessed to his best friend and has yet to be able to forgive himself for pushing Bomi even further away from himself. 'This taste really good Yoon Bomi... Who knew Miss Fatass is all grown up and ready for marriage now? Ilhoon attempted to break the ice, only to realised how inappropriate his sentence was in this situation.

Bomi shut her eyes tight, took a deep breath and placed her plate of pasta on the coffee table as slowly as she could. 'Jung Ilhoon.' She said.

'Mmm?'

'The other day... you said you have feelings for me... since when?' Bomi asked.

'YA... ya... what kind of girl is so direct?!' Ilhoon asked protectively, trying to hide his embarassment.

'Just answer me!!!' Bomi shot back, leaning even closer to her friend, only to have him subconciously move back.

'Er... Ever since you grew out your long hair in middle school for that horrible oppa of yours who made you cry all day and all night after breaking your heart. I could have broken his nose there and then I swear.' Ilhoon confessed. 'How.. However... we can forget all about it and become best friends again... I am totally okay with it. It was so long ago afterall...' Ilhoon tried to defend himself. He has since decided that he rather keep his feelings to himself rather than lose the girl who's friendship is more important than anything else in the world.

'Shall we count this as Day one then?' Bomi asked.

'Huh?' Ilhoon asked while trying to study his friend's face. 

'I said, shall this day be our first date? Hence day one of our relationship?!' Bomi asked, almost in the same fiesty manner that Ilhoon is familiar with.

'Okay...?' Ilhoon answered, he wasn't even sure if Bomi meant it.

'Okay great! Now hold my hand.' Bomi's facial muscle relaxed and broke into a smile.

Ilhoon's heart was racing as he reaches out for Bomi's hand. 

'YA JUNG ILHOON. Do you know how many million times I had to practice for this? I even woke up early to go to the market to get fresh ingredients to cook for you!!' Bomi whined. 'But nonetheless... This feels nice.' Bomi was shy and grinning ear to ear.

'Aish, our Bomi-shi is the best isnt she?' Ilhoon ruffles Bomi's hair while still holding on tightly to her with the other hand.

Ilhoon let out a sigh of relief and smiled to himself. It did not matter to him if Bomi was working in a bar anymore as he was simply too glad to have his best friend back and even earned a new found girlfriend along the way. He moves closer to Bomi and squeezes her hand.

The new couple sat together in silence with the television blasting away. However it was no longer awkward or friendly. Instead, the air was filled with a mixture of sweetness and thankfulness.