Final

Sick

Song Airin groaned softly when a chime rang across her room. Airin blinked her eyes groggily before she reached out to pick up her phone rather weakly. Airin's eyes shot open immediately upon seeing the caller id which had her boyfriend of fifteen months, Mark's name on it, and the current time before she sat up. Airin was an hour late for her date with her boyfriend.

"H-hello?" Coughed Airin.

"Are you alright, baby? You sound sick." Asked Mark, concernedly.

"I seem to have come down with a cold. I'm afraid that I'll have to cancel our date today." Mumbled Airin, apologetically.

"It's alright, don't even try to do anything. I'll come over in a little while, just give me a couple of minutes." Said Mark.

"Y-you don't have to, Mark. I-I don't want you to get s-sick. I'll be fine on my o-own." Said Airin, weakly.

"I'll come over and that's final. You should go to sleep, I have the key anyway." Said Mark.

Mark ended the call and Airin left her phone on the shelf beside her bed. Airin glanced around her apartment, it was a spacious one room apartment. Airin's bed was an elevated bed with a ladder leading up to her bed while her spacious bathroom was underneath her bed. Airin's apartment did not have a couch, but instead a sofa bed. Aeri's wardrobe was just beside her sofa bed as a row of small built in wardrobes and cabinets. The living room was by the window, looking down on the beautiful LA beach. And the small but spacious kitchen was just near the door. It was a rather neat apartment, save for a small pile of clothes on the floor. Airin didn't have the time to clean up after returning back from college yesterday after getting caught in the rain where she collapsed onto her bed shortly after taking her bath.

Airin's pet dog, Layla, which was a two-year-old female Yorkshire Terrier puppy, which she adopted from the local animal shelter after it's mother died almost fifteen months ago, slept peacefully in her home. Airin remembered that she needed to give Layla her dog food but since the puppy was still asleep, Airin figured that she could give Layla her food later.

Airin yawned before she felt her eyelids getting heavier. Airin soon drifted off to dreamland while tugging at her blanket.

It was almost two hours later when Airin woke up when her stomach growled. Airin groaned before a warm hand gently touched her forehead. Airin's eyes fluttered open slightly and she saw her boyfriend looking at her with a concerned expression.

"How are you feeling, baby?" Asked Mark.

"Tired and hungry." Admitted Airin.

"How did you get sick?" Asked Mark.

"I was on my way home yesterday when it suddenly started pouring. I had no choice but to run home, soaking wet." Said Airin.

"You could have called me." Said Mark.

"You had class then and I was already on my way home when it started pouring, I thought that I could make it without getting sick." Said Airin.

"You have a fever, and I made you some soup to eat." Said Mark, with a gentle smile.

Mark helped Airin down from her bed and he carried her bridal style to the sofa bed and he closed the blinds before turning on the lights to the lowest settings. Mark covered Airin with the blanket before heading to the kitchen to grab a small bowl. Mark gently fed Airin the soup although she didn't have much.

"D-did you prepare this?" Asked Airin.

Mark nodded, "I went and bought some groceries and medicine before coming here."

"I-it tastes delicious." Said Airin.

"It's my family's recipe, it always works for colds." Smiled Mark.

When Airin didn't feel like eating anymore, Mark gave Airin her medicine. Mark tucked Airin into the sofa bed before checking her temperature once again. Mark gently Airin's hair when she fell asleep. Mark smiled softly before he felt something furry against his feet. Mark looked down and saw Layla with her food bowl.

"You haven't been fed yet today have you?" Asked Mark.

Mark took Layla's food and water bowls before refilling them with her dog food and water respectively. Mark smiled as he watched Layla eat happily before he washed his hands. Mark then made Airin's bed and he cleaned up her apartment. Mark did Airin's laundry before folding her clothes and clearing Layla's litter. Mark did his chores as he watched out for his sleeping girlfriend.

Mark glanced at the clock before he checked her temperature once again after five hours have passed after the last time Airin took her medicine. Mark smiled to himself when he saw that Airin's temperature went down. Mark gently her hair as she shifted slightly before she groaned and her eyes fluttered open.

"Are you feeling better?" Asked Mark.

"A little." Admitted Airin.

"Go and have a bath. It will be much better afterwards." Said Mark.

 

Airin nodded and Mark helped her to the bathroom after helping her grab a fresh set of clothes. Mark got started on a simple meal of chicken macaroni soup for dinner. Mark was almost done cooking when his girlfriend exited the bathroom in her bathrobe with her new clothes still dry and intact.

"Did anything happen in the bath?" Asked Mark.

"I kind of fell asleep in the bath, it was too warm not to." Said Airin, with a sheepish smile.

Mark chuckled before he helped Airin to the sofa bed. He poured the girl a glass of warm water before going to check on his food. Mark turned off the stove before going back to the sofa bed to join his girlfriend.

"Thanks for being here, Mark. I probably couldn't do much, and much less feed Layla. If you weren't here, she would probably be starving right now." Said Airin.

"I'm your boyfriend, baby. It's my job to take care of you." Smiled Mark.

"I'd give you a kiss right now if it weren't for the fact that I'm sick at the moment." Laughed Airin.

"The kiss can wait, you should focus on getting better." Grinned Mark.

"I love you, Mark." Smiled Airin.

"I love you too, Airin." Smiled Mark.

Airin yawned once more and Mark tucked her in. Mark placed a gentle and soft kiss on Airin's forehead before he her hair and the girl slowly fell asleep to the calm actions. Mark smiled to himself upon seeing the girl's peaceful sleeping face. Mark gently kissed the girl's forehead once more before headed back to doing his chores.