Somebody

JP x BK

My name is Jaehyung Park and people call me Jae, I'm also prefer to be called Jae than Jaehyung. This is like my second year to live far away from home, yes I'm originally from Long Beach, California. It's been a tough year for me to live in korea, as a korean descent who can't even speak korean. 

And guess what? it's my first week of being a trainee in JYP, after I finished K-pop Star and finally got the chance to sign a contract with JYP

"Annyeonghaseyo, jeonen Park Jaehyung imnida bangapseumnida" i'm trying my best introduce myself in korean in front of other trainees.

"Annyeonghaseyo"

I’m looking around and it seems like the trainees already have their own clique, since they have been training for years together and there's no space for me to get in.

 

"Hi, Jae right? Welcome to the dungeon! I'm Park Sungjin and you could call me Sungjin, hope we could get along well in the future" said a busan dialected guy to me nicely and ofcourse in korean. 

"Oh hi! Yes nice to meet you Sungjin! Let's work hard together in the future"

"Hahaha why are you speaking so formal to me, we are same age friend anyway and I think we will be a good friends from now on" replied Sungjin while introducing me to the other trainees.

 

It's so hard for me to remember faces and names especially a korean name, i'm so busy looking at those face of other trainees while mumbling their name then the guy who's always with his resting face suddenly come to me

"Hi Jae Hyung, nice to meet you. I'm Brian"

"Eh? Brian..? And you.. You speak english fluently! Wow!"

"Hahah yes, Brian Kang. Of course, I lived and studied abroad for 5 years then how come I'm not fluent in english"

"Woah!!!! I'm so relieved to know that there's an english speaking trainees here with me hahah since my korean is... Well.. So-so.."

"There's actually some other trainees that also english speakers and even some foreigner trainees, but they're in other team, do you want me to introduce you to them?"

"Cool! Yeah please introduce me to them later, ok? Anyway where were you studying at? At the united states?"

"Yeah promise. Oh nope, I studied in toronto"

"Mad cool bro! Canada!"

"Yeaaah canadaa.."

"Well I gotta go to the administration office now, I'll see you soon I guess?"

"Yup see you Jae!"

I'm walking to the administration room with light steps because I finally got a friend here. A friend that I could actually talk to, in english freely. And he's kind of cool too, isn't as scary as I thought.

 

***

Few days of training passed away, I got to go to some dance and vocal classes. And made some new friends on the company. And here's the most nerve-wrecking moment, moving in to the dorm.

"Jae, you'll be rooming with... Brian. There" the manager points at the room on the corner of the flat. "And Sungjin, Wonpil, and Junhyeok... Y'all will be roommate with me. Your room is that one" he then points at another room, which looks bigger than mine and Brian's.

"Wait, how come Jae is only rooming with Brian- which means he only shares the room with one person. While us, have to share it with... What, three other people?"

Good question, Junhyeok.

"Jae and Brian's room are much smaller than ours, just take a look at it yourself. Or maybe you'd want to cramp yourself in there too, Jun? Fine by me" the manager shrugged casually and Junhyeok immediately quieted down.

I raise my hand, my turn to ask question now. "Uh... Can I... Just stay in my house instead? I mean... My house is not too far from the trainee center and studio, and..." I paused, looking for a perfect korean phrase to end the sentence.

"And he thought it'll be more efficient for him to keep living in his own home rather than moving in here"

I turn my head to Brian who apparently managed to complete the sentence for me.

"...that's what you wanna say right hyung?"

"Ah, yeah. Right"

Did he just called me hyung?

Manager hyung seemed to dislike the idea  judging from the way his expression changes. "Well... I don't know. It'll be easier for me to make sure you do your schedule if all of you are living together which means here. But.. Maybe you could give me another more practical reason on why you wanted to live in your own house instead of here?" He raised his eyebrows at me. And not just him, I can feel another four pair of eyes staring at me too. The , this is more nerve-wrecking than I thought.

"Uh... Hyung can we talk for a moment? Just a two of us, please?" I asked.

The manager then gestured the other members to leave us alone on the living room. Brian is the first one to go inside his newly appointed room while sungjin and pil decided to go out. Thus followed by Junhyeok not long after.

"What is it, Jae?" He asked.

"Well, you know... The thing is... My parents just moved in here from the US. They won't ever, EVER admit that it's for the sake of me but I know better. So I think, it'd be rude... you know to just leave them there while the reason they're moving in is not even living on the same place with them" i sighed then muttered in english. "It's twisted i know"

The manager furrowed his eyebrows for a while, thinking. I just waited there nervously for his decision, hoping he'd let me.

"Fine. I'll let you go this time, Park. But, you have no right to be late to any of your training class since you're the one who said that it'll be more efficient if you live there instead of here"

"Actually it's Brian but... Yeah pretty much. Alright, thank you Hyung. Thank you!" I sighed in relief and for the first time that day, smiled widely.

***

Today we have a schedule to practice and meet JYP PD-Nim, the manager told us there's something he want to tell us.

"Oh hi Bri! Where are the others?" I asked cause I saw brian came to the practice room alone.

"Everyone is having a breakfast right now, and seem like they left me because they couldn't wake me up"

"Hahahaha" I just laugh at him since it will be so awkward if i ask him to have a breakfast with me,  we’re still not that close though.

"So? do you want to get some breakfast with me? I don't really like to eat alone, I think people always stare at me whenever I eat alone. Ah wait! Hyung live with your family right? your mum must be cooked something delicious for you"

What's up with this guy, he talk so much and I don't even have time to respon and answer his question. But I think we are going to get along well

"Ah.. yeah, i had my breakfast earlier. but it's okay if you want me to accompany you to have a breakfast"

"Rea-.."

"Oh hi guys! Come on let's do the practice we have not much time left since we are going to meet PD-Nim later at12PM" said Sungjin cutting of our breakfast-talk

"But I was going to have some breakfast since you guys left me earlier"

"Oh? Ok hurry up please don’t be late!”

After that day, it’s such a ritual for us to have breakfast or lunch together before practicing, or before Brian heads off to school. Yes I envy him that he is able to juggle between school and training, meanwhile I postponed my school.

 

Brian is such a kid, contradictive with his figure. He nags and do cutesy things a lot. He whines about his school, about trainee life, and even about small things like.. got bitten by a mosquito.

“Hyung! Omg hyung do you have a mosquito repellent lotion?”

“W..what?”

“Mosquito repellent lotion”

“hahaha why should I bring that to the studio? We’re not in the middle of forest though..”

“aisssh hyung! My hands are very itchy right now, it must be because of the ugly mosquitoes!”

“Brian you’re a grown man and you don’t have the guts to slap the mosquitoes?”

“Aah hyung.. it’s not like that” sulks Brian

“Haha it’s ok. I have some weakness too. Anyway Bri?”

“Ne Hyung-Nim?” said brian in Korean

“Hmm you can stop calling me Hyung”

“What? Why so sudden? But you’re my hyung..”

“I just.. want to talk more comfortably. And we often talk in english, it’s kind of not suitable and hahah I’m not used to it”

“Is that so? Are you even ok if I call you Jae?”

“Sure! Go for it hahaha I even don’t mind if you talk to me in banmal (informal Korean language)”

Since then, Brian doesn’t call me with a ‘hyung’ anymore. Except, when we’re infront of other members and staffs.

 

 

***

After one and half years of training in a team of 5, PD-Nim finally called us and some other trainee to his work space. Some staffs said that PD-Nim have a big announcement to make. My heart is pounding, is this finally the time? Are we going to out of the dungeon? Are we debuting soon? So many things going on in my mind.

“Good afternoon guys” PD-Nim words broke the silence in the room

“Afternoon PD-Nim”

“Ok, so… we are going to show off what you guys have learned and practiced all these time”

More questions are coming to my mind, what does he mean when he says ‘show off’?

"I know you guys have been practiced so hard these days, and I think it's time to let people know how good you are. I have a faith on you guys" said the PD-Nim

I'm still very confused, and other trainees look confused too.

"Since I have high confidence of your skills and abilities, I believe you all could show all your best performance tomorrow"

"Tomorrow?" said Sungjin with his thick Busan accent

"Yeah.. You are going to compete with another trainees from other company. it's from YG"

"Yes PD-nim it's an honour for us to let them know about JYP trainee's skills" Brian said in full of confidence.

"Good, so don't disappoint me ok?"

“We’ll do our best. Thank you PD-Nim” PD-Nim left the room as we bow to him.

 

After that meeting, we decided to practice until late at night, since we have not much time left, and to make sure that we will be able to show them a perfect music performance.

"It's already 3AM guys.. we need to get some rest, we need to prepare for today performance at 7AM"

"Yeah let's go home"

 

We go separated. I’m going back to my house and the rest are going back to the dorm.

 

***

 

Early in the morning I came to JYP building with a tremble and sweats on my palms. I should do well today, and show them a perfect performance.. I should do well today.. I chant to my self then suddenly

"Hi Jae! Are you ready for today?" Brian surprises me with his sudden appearance

"Haha yeah.."

"You look so nervous and hahaha look! your hands are shaking!"

What? He makes fun of me?

"Ya! It’s normal for a human being to be nervous" I said jokingly while entering the the practice room where we’re going to have a ‘showcase’.

 

Not long after that the trainees from YG entertainment are already filling the practice room

Trainees from dance team are performing first, followed by the rap team. Brian is in the rap team also, performs a rap with jackson and mark. And it’s finally our team turn to perform.

 

Few months after that day, I heard that the winner from the program that we’ve been cameo on are going to make their debut soon. What? I left in disbelief, cause one of my friend from K-pop Star is in that team. And he’s going to makes his debut soon?? What am I doing here? I feel a little bit down. Yet, I can't do anything but wait.

Another shocking news comes in, and it.. well.. kind of depressed me. It’s that our company is going to debut a boy group next year. But not me, not us. Yep. GOT7

 

***

It’s finally 2014 and I didn't even see my debut will come anytime soon.

It was after the release of Hoon's debut teaser, when I feel this pang on my chest. When will I debut? Even our labelmate and fellow trainee friends had already debuted in a group called GOT7 a few months prior.

Will I even debut? Will I ever be able to see my face there on the infamous JYP building display? Will I ever stand on the stage again?

"You don't seem like yourself today," it was the only thing Brian said to me after we finished our nth practice session.

There's only the two of us left, Sungjin and Pil decided to call it a day since an hour ago and Jun went out to have some drinks with his friends.

"I don't know man" I shrugged, hugging the guitar lifelessly.

"Want some?"

I saw a pack of ciggs on Brian's hand and one stick already hanging on the corner of his mouth. Unlit.

"Aren't we going to activate the fire alarm if we smoke in here?" I tried to joke, sourly of course.

Brian chuckled. "There's no such thing. Come on, Jae. Loosen up a bit"

"Fine," I take one and waited for Brian to light up his first. Brian handed me the lighter after, and in a few minutes the studio was filled with smoke dancing on its air.

"Spill, dude. What is it?"

I exhale the smoke carelessly. "I'm just thinking... Are we really going to debut? Because I didn't see that coming anytime soon"

I glanced at Brian and he curved a small yet sad smile. "So that's what bothering you?"

"It doesn't bother you? I mean come on. All these practice and cameo performance s that we do?" I inhale yet another take of the nicotine stick.

Nothing was apparent on the cramped studio for a brief moment except for the sound of our breath repeatedly inhaling and exhaling nicotine from the ciggs. Then Brian spoke,

"You know... You and me, we're on the same boat; practically a foreigner on our own country, trying to catch our dreams to stand on the stage. Singing. Playing music. And we're almost there, just a few more steps to go. You didn't just come halfway across the world to give up right? Same goes to me," he paused. "We both are trying to win something here, Jae. Our dreams. Will you back out now that your dreams are only an inches away?"

"Not trying to ruin your philosophical talk, but a debut is not by any way can be measured as little as 'an inches away'" I sighed.

Brian smiled and exhales his smoke. "Everything is only as hard as you believe it to be. And I believe this debut, our debut, is only 'an inches away'" he said, emphasizing on the last phrase. "So that it wouldn't sound as hard and far like you perceived it to be"

I glanced at him and let out a small chuckle. "You're too optimistic"

"That's what friends are for"

We exchange glances for a brief second before bursting out into a fit laughter. And that night, in the smoke-filled studio room, I know I have found the friend I could rely on to.

***

It’s now 2015. I know it's wrong for me to feel the envious and jealousy to other trainees team, since we have the same difficulty and long wait in vain, but it makes me feel so sad to think about our debut.

I'm laying on our dorm rooftop, ah yes I move in to the dorm already now.

I feel the night breeze and see the stars blinking so brightly. When will we going to shine like those stars? even those stars seems like they’re making fun of me. I just get more depressed.

 

"Jae? what are you doing here.. alone?" I could hear Brian's voice from distances.

"Yo! I just need some fresh air, i feel so down these days"

"Thinking about our debut uh? It's ok, you know you are not alone. We could make it, trust me! And guess whaaaat”

“What?”

“Manager hyung said that he have some good news for us, tomorrow. I wonder what is it about.."

"Eh? Good news? Am i the only one who knew nothing about this?"

"Yeah I think so.. since you didn't even read our katalk since this morning. i felt like something happened to you, so I came here"

"Yes it was, but after you came and you said that manager hyung have some good news for us i cheered up a bit. Hahaha thanks, i have nothing but you. My messenger!"

"Hahaha, anytime Jae. Anyway, yeah let's make it together, we’re close to the finished line"

“You mean start line? Hahahaha”

 

it's nice to have someone who’d always be there for you anytime, understands what I’m feeling, and know how to cheer me up.

After a long chit-chat with brian i feel so relieved, and time flies so fast, that the sun is going to rise soon.

 

***

 

"Ok guys, I have something to tell you. I think, you guys are going to have an additional member since it's impossible to make an accoustic group to debut. We’re going to make this team as a band. Legit band" said the manager

"Oh? So.. are we going to debut soon hyung?" I could hear the excitement on Wonpil’s voice when he’s asking this.

"Yeah, after we get the additional member. A drummer."

"Actually, the company had an audition for the additional member already months ago, so you guys just need to adjust the team, and adapt in the new form, that's all you need to do."

“Uhh.. ok. But we’re going to debut together right? As 5? Plus one member?” asked Brian

“Yes that’s what I’ve heard of. Anyway the new additional member is here already”

“Here? Right now? WOW! Surprise” Junhyeok said with his sarcastic tone

“Yes. Dowoon-ssi please come in”

An awkward-yet-kind-of-cute guy comes in, and he looks younger than wonpil.

"Annyeonghaseyo hyungs.. my name is Yoon Dowoon"

"Woah! so you are the new member?"

"Hahaha you are so cute"

The members are so excited with the additional new member, except me. I don't know why I feel this way but. It’s always so this hard for me to let new people come into my life.

After Dowoon join to the group, Brian and I rarely to talk to each other. Brian is too busy with Dowoon and introduce him here and there.

I understand that Dowoon needs to adapt himself with other members, and so do I?! He is Korean, and he speaks Korean, at least. And here i am, alone. Lost in translation, because of my so-so Korean language ability.

Dang! Why is my korean still stuck and no progress at all. I thought i could rely on Brian since he is the one and only who understands me, he used to be here beside me all the time as my personal translator. But look at him now, having fun with that new member without me. I don't know why do i feel this way..

"Jae.."

"Why are you look so down these days? you know we are going to make it right?" Brian sudden appearance ruined my contemplating time.

"Oh hi? Hahaha. i know i know, but that’s not what i'm thinking about right now"

"So?"

"Hyung.. what should i put this?" Dowoon comes to brian, again. Here we go! He interrupts our conversation. nice dowoon-a. Are you purposely doing that?

"Oh let me help you!. Jae, let me help Dowoon first then tell me about your problems!"

"Hahaha yeah.. just go ahead.. no need to, I'm okay"

It's not the first time for Dowoon to interrupting my rare time-chitchat with Brian since he came.

Geez, I feel so ridiculous right now. Am I jealous? jealous over a guy?

***

"Jae!  tell me tell me" brian approaches me and sit in front of me

"What?"

"Your problem earlier"

"Nope. it's not a big deal"

"hmm.. Jae, honestly you could always tell me all your problems. don't keep it to yourself, it’s not good for you. you'll be depressed if you keep it piled inside you.. I’ve told you back then, whenever you feel like you have nobody, you will always have me"

"Yeah.."

"So?"

"What?"

"Hyuuung~" Guess who’s coming. Yes right, Brian’s favorite person. The new drummer.

"Hm.."

"Hyung, i want to go back to the dorm. should i wait for you, or?" Dowoon ask brian

"Ah it’s ok dowoon-a, you could go first. i have something to talk with Jae Jae Hyungie"

"Oh ok hyung then i'll go first"

 

"Ok back to the topic.. It's ok if you don't want to tell me what’s going on, But should we have a dinner first? I'm so hungry and it's been sooo long since the last time we had dinner together "

"Yes of course, you’ve been busy with maknae” (mumbling)

"Eh? what?"

"Nah. Forget it"

 

We arrived at nearby food-stall, seems like brian forget about what we talked about earlier. he acts like nothing happened. Well maybe, i'm also nothing to him..

"Jae~~"

"What do you want to eat?"

"I'm not hungry. i'll just get some soju"

"Soju? i thought you couldn’t drink soju..?"

"haha I just feel like getting some glass of it right now"

"Are you really ok Jae?"

"No actually.."

"Then?"

"Ya! Just order your food. You said you’re hungry"

"Ah right!"

Again, he ask me am i alright but he seems like he didn't care about my problems at all, or am I just being over sensitive?

We both play with our phone and say nothing until his food and two bottle of soju come.

"Jae, are you sure you don't want to eat anything?"

"Yeah" i replied while pouring my soju to the glass. look at him, he didn't even pour the soju for me! aishh.. I really hate this feeling.

At first, i thought  1 bottle of soju could make me relieved. but no, I’m still craving for more, because of this guy in front of me really.. really.. drives me crazy.

 

"Hey you! what are you looking at? Are you making fun of me right now?" Jae ask the couple who sit across to them.

"Jae.. you had enough soju.I think you should stop now.. let me drink it for you instead"

"Nah, I'm okay. I’m done drinking and look at me I'm not drunk at all"

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Completely sober bro."

"G..great. We should go home now, you drank too much. But wait for a moment, I’ll pay the bill first"

"No brian! No! don't leave me!"

"Eh?"

"Don't leave me brian! can't you hear me? Don't leave me!"

"Ok ok.. I'm not going anywhere Jae. I’m here."

"Good. Just stay next to me, now and forever. You can't leave me"

 

After Jae calmed down a bit, Brian pay the bills and help Jae to walk home. Fortunately, the food-stall is near to their dorm so it’s not that hard for Brian to walks Jae home.

Brian taking Jae to their room and he took off Jae's shirt because he threw up and it's now all over his shirt.

"Jae seriously.. just what happened to you actually.." said Brian while wiping Jae’s body from his own vomit.

 "Hngggg.." 

Brian takes a shower right after he cleaned up the mess and turn the lights off.

"Good night Jae"

"Turn on the lights ya stupid!”

“What?

“Turn the lights on! I can’t sleep with the lights off what’s wrong with you aishhh”

“Ah.. I’m sorry Jae I forgot” Brian moves from bed and turn the lights on

“I always thought that I'm your best friend, but what's now Brian? I feel like I'm nothing to you"

"Wait what?"

"You told me that you'll always be by my side, you’ll always there for me whenever I need you. But hahahahaha you always stick to him these days"

"I do Jae, I’ll always do. But..him? Who are you referring to?"

“Brian Kang, what am i to you?"

"You know, you are my best friend."

"I don't think so"

"Why?"

"Dowoonaaa"

"What? Dowoon why?"

"...."

"Seriously? Are you jealous with dowoon all this time?"

"Maybe"

"Hahahahaha. Just look how cute you are"

"Brian Kang is this a joke to you? why are you laughing?"

"Hahaha Jae please don’t be ridiculous. You don't have to be jealous ok”

“I love you and I don’t want you to leave me behind”

“Hm.. don't worry Jae.."

“Just stay here and don’t leave me ever again”

“…”

“Eh?He fell asleep like this? Seriously this hyung”

 

 

***

I wake up in the morning with a really really bad hangover, my head is still very heavy and I can't remember what happened last night. Did i really get drunk last night? I shouldn't drink too much last night.

Did I blurt or mumble something weird last night? Did I do anything that I shouldn’t? hmm what have actually happened last night, i should ask Brian.

After take a shower, I look up for my hoodie that I wore last night but I really can't find it anywhere in my room. So I decided to wear any hoodie that hangs behind my room’s door and go to the studio to practice for the gigs at the clubs.

 

"Hello guys, I’m sorry i'm late"

"Oh hyung it's ok, we didn't wake you up cause you seemed in a deep sleep and brian-hyung said that you’re drunk last night. Hope you’re feeling better now" said Wonpil while turning on his macbook pro

"Oh really? Yes I’m much better now haha"

"Hi Jae! Sober up now?" Brian greets me with a smile on his face

"Oh yeah.. I guess" I blink my eyes try to reduce the headache.

"Anyway, here have some porridge to cure the hangover. Be careful it’s still hot, just bought it for you"

"Wow! Thanks"

What's going on with him? What's with all those smile? Why did he smile like that? did i do something stupid last night?

"By the way, is this your hoodie? I’m sorry that I wear it without telling you. I couldn't find mine, and too lazy to open the messy wardrobe"

"It’s ok. Your hoodie.. even if you could find it. you can't wear it. I put it to the laundry this morning"

“huh? What? Did I had a jackpot last night??”

“Haha don’t think about it Jae let’s just start practicing”

 

 

After 3-4 hours practice we finally take a break. The other members are going to buy some snacks and left Brian and me alone. I guess this is the right time for me to ask Brian what happened last night

"So.. Bri.. did i say something weird last night?"

"Eh? No. You were so cute last night! hahaha"

"Cute? what do you mean? Did i do something stupid?"

"Emm no, I won’t tell you. I'll just keep it to myself”

“Brian please tell me what did I do and said last night?”

“It’s nothing really.. but i guess you shouldn't be drinking with other guy, but me"

“Wait what? Brian Kang please tell me”

“Hahahaha why are you so curious? Do you hide something to me?”

“No I don’t”

“Then you don’t need to worry, cause you were well mannered last night”

And after that day things going back to normal. Brian and me are often going out for lunch or dinner again, we have our nonsense talk and useless chit-chat talk back now.

 

***

The time that I’ve been waiting for my whole life is coming. We’re going to debut in few days, by the name of DAY6. I’ve never felt so this excited before, my dream is finally comes true. All of my sacrifice will be paid off.

“Can you believe it? That we’re going to have our debut show case in few days???” Sungjin said with his thick Busan accent, yeah it’s still there. Never change.

“Yes hyung I’m going to be a real singer!” Wonpil replied

“How many years have we been stuck in this trainee building?” Junhyeok talks with his typical sarcastic tone

“Hmm 3 years for average” the smart boy Brian answered

“Wahhh finally! We’re about to off of the dungeon!”

“Are you excited dowoon-ah?” I asked dowoon.

“Yes hyung!! I will show my best and will always work hard!”

“Goood!”

 

 

***

Few days after debut, we’re so busy with practicing and busking. Also having some performance at night at clubs. I’m really thankful for what I have right now. It’s still surreal that there’s a poster of us inside of the company building. There’s even a very big picture of us in front of the building. I’ve never been so this happy in my 23 years of life.. Not until I broke my 6th string of my guitar, Mery. I really don’t know what to do right now, good thing that we don’t have to use Mery for busking. All I have in mind right now is I need to go straight to the music store this weekend to buy a new string!

 

I checked twitter mentions and people are flooding my mentions with “What’s the hashtag for  tomorrow??”..

Oh. No. it’s just hit me, that my birthday is tomorrow? How could I forget my own birthday. I came up with an idea for the hashtag, it’s #HappyBirthdaySwegChicken.

Some fans like to call me Chicken Little, and even Sweg Chicken. I honestly don’t even know what is Sweg Chicken, but that sounds cool so I choose that for my birthday’s hashtag.

 

It’s finally my birthday, as usual my members are coming to my room at early morning with a cake and a silly birthday hats. Nothing new. The only thing that we’re debuted already now.

Few seconds after I blew out my candles manager hyung comes and rush us to get ready, cause we’re going to have our self-introduction in our company today.

 

 

We arrive at the company building and the staff noona told us that we have to film a streaming-app while going around in the company.

 

We’re introducing our self to the staffs and there’s Wonder Girls sunbae too. After walking around the building and going upstairs we’re taking a break at the stairs, and we spend it while reading comments on the streaming app. Since it’s my birthday most of the comments are birthday wishes to me, Brian and Wonpil read all the comments.

 

“Jae oppa happy birthday please always be happy” said wonpil

“Happy birthday chicken little”

“I’m not chicken little!”

“Jaehyung oppa happy 24th birthday!”

“oh!” Brian cuts in

“Somebody just said Sweg Chicken I love you!”

“Uh? I Love you too weird!” I replied confidently, right before managae hyung told us to go upstairs to introduce ourself again.

 

After we finished our self-introduction and the streaming-app filming we’re having our late lunch at the nearby restaurant then heading back home before practicing again at night.

I’m laying on my bed while roaming my hands into my bag searching for my phone charger, then suddenly I feel like my hand is hitting on something. I open my bag and there’s a dull-colored box that looks like something that might be a birthday present for me. I take it and it’s really a birthday present! There’s a greeting cards, and I only read what’s written on the envelope, “BK”. Ah! It’s Brian, what did he get for me this year? Probably something useless like last year, he gave me socks.

 

I look at the birthday present, and…. It’s a guitar strings. How did he know that I need this the most right now? I didn’t even tell him yet about Mery’s string. However, I’m really happy about the birthday present that means I don’t need to go to the music store later. I open the greeting cards and it’s just like a usual birthday card with a boring Happy Birthday typography in front of it. I read what’s written inside

 

Happy Birthday Jae (hyung)!!

 I wish you all the good things in life, I’m really grateful that we made it.

We made it. We’ve debuted. Yay!!! Once again happy birthday Jae!

Thank you for being born ^^

 

p.s: you know who’s that “somebody” right?

 

 

 

tbc