Part 1

Faded

Dani cleaned off the whiteboard from marker stains and sighed contentedly when the board is finally white again. She put the duster down and proceed to grab her bag on the table. She wanted to walk out from the classroom when someone walked in, almost stumbling onto her. Both of them have an equal shocked faces upon seeing the other. 

"What are you doing here?" a stern voice asked followed by a pair of intimidating eyes that bore right through hers.

"I-i was just c-cleaning. It's f-finished. S-sorry," Dani stuttered while answering the tall, intimidating man before giving him a quick bow then scrambled out from the classroom in a hurry. She is just about to leave anyway so all is good. Usually it was her homeroom teacher that would shoo her home so she wonders why another teacher is doing the rounds... and startle the heck out of her. She fixed her bag straps and hailed a cab that would get her home.                

Yongguk felt quite bad as he saw the girl ran out, probably scared to hell. He didn't mean to scare her though... but he was occasionally (always) told that even when he breathes, he's scary. But really, he didn't mean to. He could be strict when he wants, he's a teacher after all but he likes to think that he's a cool teacher. 

He was just doing a routine round the school. It has passed 6 pm so none of the students should be in the school ground anymore. He wondered about the female student going home as the sky has already get dark. He shrugs it off before locking the classroom.

Dani arrived home late and her parents asked about her whereabout. She simply told them she stayed back at school for some extra curricular activity and no other questions were asked. She was quite startled because her parents are home because they both are usually out working or something. She never bothered.

She quietly go up to her room and proceed to her normal routine of washing up, doing homeworks, study a bit, prepare for tomorrow's lesson and then she sleeps.

The next day arrived and Dani braced herself for a normal day. She arrived in school on time and waves at Dahye when she saw her. Meet Dahye, her bestfriend, sister and mom all in one. Dahye and Dani are the inseparable best friends since middle school. The duo is always known for their close and tight friendship throughout the years. Their personality however are the exact opposite. Dahye is very talkative, always welcoming people around her, cheerful and pretty while Dani is more reserved and calm and well, not that pretty. But being pretty is subjective. Dahye just fit the "standard" qualities of being pretty.

"Did you watch Joongki's drama new epsiode last night? It was epic!" Dahye started her chatter animatedly although she knew Dani probably studied her off and never watch any kind of drama.

"Nah, I didn't. How did it go?" Dani smiles then listens to her best friend attentively while they both walk to their respectively classes. Dani isn't that much of a big fan of dramas... or gossips. But it won't do her any harm in knowing about them so she just quietly listens. She also likes that when Dahye speaks of things that she likes, her eyes sparkle brightly. She thinks it's amazing that Dahye is very passionate about things. It makes her look alive.

They parted ways as they are not in the same classes. Dahye take up the art classes while Dani is in the science classes. They bade each other good bye and promised to eat together for lunch, as usual.

Dani sat in her seat with a small smile ash she reaches her classroom. Today has gone by normally so far so she has no reason to be unhappy. The bell rang and the classroom started to be filled with students who rushed in. As they wait for their homeroom teacher, Dani took out some of her notes and began memorising the scientific terms. Some of her classmates took out their unfinished homework to do and some of them just mindlessly chatter with each other.

Every head in the class turn to the same direction as an unfamiliar presence enter the classroom. They all looked at each other wondering what happened to their homeroom teacher. Some even squealed when they realised who entered the classroom.

Yongguk cleared his throat once and scanned through the classroom. "Good morning everyone. I'm Bang Yongguk if you must know and I will be your homeroom teacher as of today. You can call me Mr. Bang." He spoked fluently, deep voice echoing throughout the small classroom. The girls started to giggle while the boys half groaned.

Mr. Bang is known as that cute teacher in the whole school. Girls (obviously) fawned over him on a daily basis. His 'single' status became some sort of an encouragment for the girls to keep dreaming about him. But he is also a strict teacher (even if he thinks he's cool) when he wants to be (almost all the time) so the boys are not really looking forward for the class with him.

"I would also be teaching your class biology as of now since your teacher took a leave so good luck," he gave them a small smirk before proceeding to take their attendance. Dani could hear her (girl) classmates giggle excitedly and sighs internally. Her homeroom teacher slash biology teacher, Mrs. Yoo was a damn good teacher. She always thought biology is fun because Mrs. Yoo makes her lessons fun. She just hopes that this new teacher won't be a nightmare and be at least, half from what Mrs. Yoo were like.

The day then proceed normally (at least for Dani) save for the constant giggles from her classmates that seem to keep on buzzing with excitedment. God, get a grip dearest classmates. He's your teacher.