final.

mr. airplane

Day by day, we spent together. I really love her smile who always light up my mood. Her cute voice when she tries to do aegyo, but sometimes it fails. Her sparkling eyes when she talked about her dreams.

I like her. More than like, I think. I love her. Everything on her seems so special for me.

But why I never be able to tell her about my feelings? Whenever I tried to speak what I feel to her, I’ll get nervous and those special words that I’ve prepared before will be gone. Kim Hanbin, you are a tough guy. Why did you afraid of a girl?

Today, she looks so pretty. Not just today, she looked pretty for everyday. I never be able to see another girl’s prettiness when I remember her.

“Oppa.” She said, in a cheerful way. I smiled and messed her hair.

“Let’s go.” I replied and walked beside her. I promised to buy her some ice cream. She loves to eat, but never get fat. Sometimes I worry about her, she looked so skinny.

“I think I don’t want to go back.” She said while eating her ice cream. She was a foreigner, she used to live in the United States. But she and her mom moved here. I hope she would live here, in Korea, forever.

“You like Korea that much?” I asked her. She replied with a smile.

“I missed my friends there, but I found that Korea is more interesting. I can do a lot of things, here.” She stated. I nodded my head, I do understand her words.

--

“Try to be close with another girl, and see her reaction.” Bobby, my friend said. I asked him, how to know that this girl is in love with me or not. Actually I didn’t get his answer.

“Come on, bro. You are handsome. A lot of girls want to be your couple, but you just looked at that girl- what was her name? Dani?” He asked me. I nodded my head. I do receive some chocolates on Valentine’s Day. When I played basketball, girls were cheering for me. Even a girl confessed her love to me. But I declined her that time, cause I didn’t want to be in love. But now, it’s different.

I think I’m in love right now, and I want her to be mine.

“She is so different, my type.” I said as I think about her smile. She must be having a hard time, since she faced the daily exam.

“I know, i know. Kim Hanbin is the type of a guy who will never give up.” Bobby patted my shoulder.

“But, if she didn’t show any reaction towards your actions, you should think twice.” He continued. I nodded and think about his answer.

Does she love me as well?

--

This week, I rarely came to Dani’s class. I’m just staying at my class, or go to the canteen without passing her class. I never contacted her through the Kakao Talk as usual. I’m waiting her for looking at me.

I tried to flirt with some girls on my class- I learned it from Bobby- and it comes to a success.  A girl named Haeun agreed to go out with me after school.

But I miss Dani somehow. I miss her smile, her voice, and her cuteness. I want to know if she was looking for me or not.

--

That girl, she didn’t looking for me. She just chatted me through the Kakao, and then she didn’t reply again. Geez. I bet she was too innocent- or probably testing me?

You driving me crazy, Kim Dani. You shouldn’t do this to a basketball captain.

“So, how?” Bobby asked me.

“I don’t know, she looked fine without me.” I replied.

“Then you need to be serious with Haeun.” Bobby said.

I didn’t reply his words. It’s just too weird. I need Dani. I really want to meet her now.

--

I’m in front of her house right now. I pressed the bell, but Dani didn’t come out. This driving me nuts. Where is she?

Then, a woman went out from her house. It’s her housekeeper. I ever saw this woman.

“Excuse me, can I meet Dani?” I asked politely.

“Dani? She is going to go back to States.” She replied calmly.

What? Back to States? And she doesn’t tell me anything?

“Where is she now?” I asked again.

“Maybe she is on her way to the airport.” She said.

I bowed to the woman. “Anyway, can you gave me her flight number?” I asked again.

The woman took a paper on her pocket. “I’m the one who buying her the ticket, so you’re lucky, young boy. You need to be hurry, cause the flight will be departure on 3 PM.” She said.

--

I took a bus and a little bit running right now. I’m looking for Kim Dani, in this huge airport. With this paper, I asked the security and looking for her waiting room.

Finally, I saw her was walking from the toilet. She looked so pretty- wait- Her eyes are a little bit swollen. She was just crying.

“Dani! Kim Dani!” I shouted. Everyone nears me were looking at me, I don’t even want to care. I ran towards her.

“O...Oppa.” She said while I’m hugging her. I can’t hide my feelings anymore. I love her.

“Why don’t you tell me that you’re leaving, huh?” I asked her. I was mad but I can’t mad at her. She looked at me, with a scared-eyes.

“I...I’m sorry.. I thought you don’t want to know about me anymore.” She replied.

Damn you Bobby! Your idea made her hate me!

“I..I like you. Aniya! I love you.” I said it without any hesitate. She looks surprised, and blinked her eyes.

“Really?” She asked me.

I nodded my head. “I love you, Dani! Please stay here.” I begged. She shook her head.

“No! You just admit me as your little sister, don’t you? Why..” She covered her face. I thought if I say this, she would be happy.

“I didn’t. I love you.” I said. She hugged me, and i felt her tears on my shirt.

“I can’t stay here.” She said, wiped her tears.

I can’t say any words. I looked at her.

“I thought you have no feelings towards me. So I tried to forget my feelings to you.” She said.

I dropped my jaw. She has the same feeling??

“I love you too, oppa. But I didn’t think you love me too, so I try to forget my feelings.” She said it clearly.

“And if you tell me your feeling earlier, maybe I would ask my mom to let me stay here until I graduated.” She continued. I’m started to dropping my tears.

“I’m sorry. I’m such a fool, Dani-ya! I’m sorry.” I said. I hugged her tightly. I’m not gonna let her go.

She wiped my tears away, and kissed my cheek softly. “You shouldn’t cry, you look ugly.” She said.

She looked at her watch. “I need to go..” Before she finished her sentence, I kissed her lips. I dared my self, cause I probably won’t see her anymore.

She was surprised, yet replied my kiss. I hugged her again for the last time.

“See you.” She said, with a smile and I saw her back going further. This is my first time crying over a girl.

I should’ve confessed from the start. I lose her, even lose myself. I went in to a taxi and went home.

----

Mr. Airplane, stop for a moment, there is a lot of time

You left behind with a smile

Left with a smiling face

I should’ve done everything to make you stay

Then I wouldn’t be living on regret, girl. –Airplane, IKON.