Chapter 1

A Summer to Forget
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it"
                                                                           -Russell Baker

-------------------------------------------


"That's the last of it Miss" their butler informed as he finished loading Victoria's luggage. "Thank you for your help Richard, I would've done it myself considering there's not a lot of bags" she said politely. "Nonsense. It is my job young miss" he offered an assuring smile.

"Victoria honey, you must be on your way. Don't want to be caught up in the traffic now would you darling" Mrs. Smith walked towards her daughter with two maids by her side. One was holding an umbrella while the other stayed by her side in case she needs something.

"Of course not mother." She smiled and walked up to her mother giving her a warm hug "Do I have to go?" she whispered "Honey, we have talked about this. Be a good girl and it'll be over before you even know it" her mother comforted her. She smiled and gave her a nod. "Best be on my way then. I'll see you soon." they bid their goodbyes. Richard opened the backseat door for the young lady. Once she was settled, he stepped back and bowed at her and so did the other workers. Mrs. Smith waved her white handkerchief to her daughter as the car zoomed away.

She would've loved the idea of spending her summer with her father if only he was ever around and if only she kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter