Long Enough

Tumblr Requests

"Gah! She can be so annoying sometimes I swear! Believe me little sisters are the worst!" Jessica allowed a hearty laugh to rumble out as she slapped your thigh causing you to wince at the light stinging sensation and laugh along with her at the statement. Something about Jessica's laugh was infectious you learnt that when you first met. 

You had just moved to to Seoul and found a quiet little coffee shop in some district or another. You ordered the cheapest latte on the menu and waited for it to be brewed. The barista called the drinks name and not the owners but recognising it as the drink you had ordered you reached for it and in the process your hand clashed with Jessica's. Realising you had both gone for the same cup of coffee she laughed in embarrassment and something about her laugh made you laugh as well. After apologising profusely you both took your correct cups and decided to sit together and talk for a bit. Quickly discovering a natural chemistry and soon after Jessica was your first and then your best friend in Seoul. 

"Hey buttface! Taeyeon just said hello!" Jessica said with a jab to your ribs and your face burned in a flush. Being best friends you and Jessica knew everything about each other. You knew that when she was "mean" it was her way of showing love, and she new of your undying crush for Taeyeon and how easily flustered you became in her presence. 

"Oh hey Tae, nice to see you again." You squeaked out whilst flicking Jessica on the nose in response to her mimicking your greeting silently but with an exaggerated expression. 

"Ignore her, you're not a buttface." Taeyeon said taking a seat opposite and flashing her warm smile that could light up the entire city. She was beautiful in ways it was difficult to describe but she had an unapproachable aura about her that ensured you that someone like her would never reciprocate your feelings. Taeyeon's cheerful expression didn't last however, as the three of you continued to chatter aimlessly about your lives and current situations you noticed more how Taeyeon seemed to scowl at your actions.

You were unsure of what you had done to warrant such a reaction from Taeyeon but it caused you to quickly retreat into your shell. You knew it was dangerous to invest so much of your happiness into another person, especially when you had an attachment to them you were certain wasn't mutual. You paid the price of you actions in times like these instantly being overcome with worry. "Excuse me I need to go to the restroom." You muttered out so that you could escape the situation and compose yourself.

The mindless buzzing of the world around you seemed to jump hundreds of decibels, even the sound caused by your footsteps, sneakers against the worn linoleum flooring, seemed to echo throughout the shop and invoked a crushing sensation into your temples. Pushing the wooden door and twisting the lock you finally found solitude. "Pathetic." You muttered at your reflection. Twisting the cold metal of the tap to allow the icy water to flow freely. Splashing some onto your face seemed to cool the fire that had started inside of your brain.

You felt so stupid. Taeyeon had done nothing wrong at all yet here you were acting like an angsty teenager being emotional over nothing. Patting your face dry with a paper towel you took a deep breath to console yourself before unlocking the door and returning to your table. Only as you approached you heard something of interest. "I'm only acting like this because you want to rub how close and affectionate the two of you are in my face. I told you not to Jessica." It was strange that Taeyeon was behaving in this manner. 'I told you not to...' so she had this discussion with Jessica before? So she really must have a problem with you if just having friends is an issue for her.

The rest of your time at the café was awkward to say the least. Neither were aware that you had heard the end of their conversation and your head was still spinning from the new discovery that Taeyeon couldn't stand you. Jessica decided to heed Taeyeon's warning and kept much more to herself than usual and Taeyeon was visibly still irritated from her discussion with Jessica and appeared to be sulking. Fabulous. So now everyone was having a bad time and it was all your fault. The walk back to Jessica and Taeyeon's dorm was just as awkward and you knew it would only get worse when you realised that everyone was out and Jessica decided to take a shower.

Your options were either; confront Taeyeon, hide or leave. 

You turned for the door when Taeyeon's voice stopped you dead in your tracks. "Hey can you help me with the popcorn?" Right you had agreed to a movie day. Fabulous. So as it seemed that leaving and hiding were no longer options you followed Taeyeon into the kitchen and began to help any way she asked, you didn't want her hating you anymore than she already did, but you kept your gaze firmly locked on anything that wasn't Taeyeon. You knew if you didn't speak to Taeyeon it would only eat at you further. Swallowing the lump in your throat and steeling yourself you began to speak.

"T-Taeyeon...what, what do you have against me?" You stuttered out no more than a whisper but it was enough for Taeyeon to hear you as she turned to you with wide eyes. "Please tell me."

Taeyeon looked at you dazed and startled for a moment before speaking "I don't have anything against you?"

"I overheard what you said to Jessica and you've been really off with me all day. Please tell me the truth." You practically pleaded. You had become a lot more uncomfortable than you already were, if that was even possible, the infernal ticking of that damned clock and the way your breath seemed to hang in your lungs for a moment before being exhaled. You were hyper sensitive to every motion and movement in and around you as you began to brace yourself to finally be let down, hopefully easily.

Taking slow, cautious steps forward to close the distance between you Taeyeon let out a sigh. "I don't have anything against you." Taeyeon hooked two slender fingers under your chin and turned you to face her. "I like you. A lot actually." Taeyeon seemed to have a hint of pink dancing beneath her snowy cheeks. She looked away momentarily and the action exposed in a way which allowed you to witness her swallow.

Even more confused you began to quest Taeyeon but she turned back to you and closed the distance between your lips. Taeyeon kissed you, Taeyeon was kissing you. Once the initial shock faded your eyelids fluttered shut to heighten your other senses as you returned the kiss. The beating of your heart was loud in your ears but it wasn't agonizing like the similar sensations you had experienced previously that day. It kept a stead pace and acted almost as a metronome keeping the movement of your lips frequent and passionate. The taste of was sweet and chocolaty, probably from her drink earlier, but you enjoyed the she she tasted in your mouth. Her skin smelt like roses and you just wanted to nuzzle into her and take all of her in until your senses overloaded. Your arms naturally weaved themselves into her soft, silky hair as hers found their way across your waist. Her tongue traced your lips asking for entrance which you quickly permitted. There was no battle for dominance, you were equals in this moment. 

You both pulled away with a gasp at the sound of of Jessica chuckling. "I'm gone for 15 minutes and I come back to find you two with your tongues down eachothers throats. Took you long enough!"