Final

Hide and Seek

HYOYEON

Tik.Tok.Tik.Tok.

As the time passes, my mind races even more. And the only thing that's ben racing in my mind is him. Should I tell him? Or should I not?

I've been hiding this feeling since forever and I don't know what I am going to do. Im going crazy. 

I love everything about him. His face, his nose, his cheeks, his lips, everything. And his eyesmile is worth dying for. I laid back on my chair and sighed for the hundredth time.

I want to tell him what I feel, what I feel about him, how much he means to me, what I feel when he's with me. But I think i'll recieve a one heck of a rejection from him.

When im near him, I get nervous, my voice cracks or stutters, my legs weaken, my mind gets blank, my heart beats uncontrollably fast. That's why I always say, "I gotta get going, I need to leave." And if he asks why, i'll just make a dumb reason and leave hurriedly. I feel so dumb, I don't deserve to be in front of him.

I stood up from my chair, exited the door, and the bright sunshine shines down on me. I sighed again and went to the park near my neighborhood.

I saw some kids playing at the playground and some people walking their dogs at this fine afternoon. I went to sit at a bench below the oak tree.

This is where the both of us met before, at this very bench.

"Hey." 

"Hey."

I woke up and I noticed I actually slept at a bench. And a guy was calling me.

"Where am I?" i asked.

"You are at the park, at this bench, sleeping, Hyoyeon."

"How do you know my name?" i asked again.

"We go to the same university. Im Junho." He held out his hand for a handshake. I accepted the gesture.

"Hello Junho, just call me Hyo."

"Nah, I prefer Hyoyeon." He smiled at me.

That was the first time we both met, we were college students then. And we would always meet here coincidently and end up spending time with each other.

The time when I finished college, that's when I started having feelings for him and I would sometimes avoid him. The last time I saw him was a few months ago.

January 2016

I was sitting at the bench, curling my fingers, biting my lips, nervous, my mind getting blank. 

"Hyoyeon!" . That voice.

He went closer to me, smiling as usual. 

"Hyoyeon, im free now. Do you want to spend time with me?"

I stood up even though my legs are weakening, "I-im s-sorry J-junho. B-but I gotta go."

"Wait, what, why? Why are you always leaving?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"M-my mom is c-calling me. I'll just s-see you later Junho." Then I ran fast going to the house. 

Im so dumb. Im so freakin' dumb. I covered my face with my bare hands in frustration and embarrassment.

Im just too timid. 

JUNHO

She's been avoiding me. She's avoiding me these days, I don't know why. I just want to punch myself, did I did something wrong to her? She's been avoiding me like hell.

Every time I come closer to her she'll just go away with an obvious reason that she wants to avoid me. Why is she doing that? I feel like im the one wrong here. I didn't do anything wrong to her. 

I sighed. I sighed again. And I sighed again. 

Why is she doing this to me? I miss her so badly.. I miss her face, her eyes, her lips, her nose, everything. I can't take her avoiding me like this. I'll go crazy and crazier.

I want to tell her how I feel. Im just too timid.

Then I sighed again, which explains the awakened Chansung beside me.

"Hyung, stop giving those lovesick sighs." He yawned. "I need my sleep."

"Im sorry Chansung, hyung has too many problems." I patted his head lightly.

"Is it because of Hyoyeon-noona? Is it because she's been avoiding you ever since you both finished college?"

"I miss her." That slipped off my mouth smoothly as I thought it would be.

He looked at me and sighed, "I know you miss her, its written all over your face. And you want to see her again."

"Chansung-ahh. Am I the one who done something wrong or is she the one?" i asked.

Silence filled the atmosphere.

After the pause, he said. "I believe its the both of you. You both are exactly making this problem. You are both too timid or even dumb to realize."

"I am dumb and timid. But, are you two still talking to each other?" i asked again.

"Yep, we always meet at the park and I would never mention your name because she might feel uncomfortable." 

"Oh.." 

He looked up at me, like asking me to tell the truth. "Do you love her? Do you think of her more than a friend?"

It took a minute for me to process the question in my mind. But when it finally did,

"Y-yeah, I do."

***

HYOYEON

I uncovered my face and I was still in the position I was at the bench. But all the kids were gone now because it was sunset. And it was turning into night. So basically im all alone in this park. The streetlights shined brightly in the night and I still don't want to leave this park.

The crickets started to chirp and I can totally feel the essence of the night. I sighed again.

I suddenly felt the urge to stand up but I felt a small drop water fell on my nose. As alert as I can be, I sat down again as I felt raindrops falling. It was raining.

I just stayed below the oak tree at the bench until the rain stops, or even not. I just stayed there, sitting still, letting small raindrops fall unto me 

JUNHO

"Hyung, are you sure? It raining outside." Chansung said as I held out an umbrella and opening the door.

"I just want to walk for a while. And don't worry, I won't be long." I gave him a smile worth trusting for.

"Arraso. Come back." He smiled at me and continued eating.

I opened the door fully and opened the umbrella as well. I stepped out of the house and closed the door as I held up the umbrella above me.

I want to go for a walk. I just don't know why, I felt the urge to. I walked a few steps going to the park, wanting to sit at the bench below the oak tree.

But I suddenly saw a figure already sitting there, sitting still, letting small raindrops fall on her. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and didn't hesitate to come closer to her.

"Umm.. excuse me but you could share this umbrella with me if you like, you are all wet ma'am."

She looked up at me and.. a-a-and..

My heart skipped a beat. My heart skipped a beat again. She looked at me with sorrowful eyes. 

It was her, Hyoyeon. 

She realized that it was me and she looked away from me, either embarrassed or she doesn't want to see me. I bit my lip preventing myself to cry.

"Ummm..y-you c-could share t-this umbrella w-with me H-Hyoyeon," i stuttered. My hands trembled as I was holding the umbrella.

She stood up hesitantly and shared the umbrella with me. She was obviously avoiding me when we shared the umbrella, she was parting her distance from me. I bit my lip again urging myself not to cry.

Why is she doing this to me? I feel like I want to kill myself.

We both walked simultaneously going to her house until she stopped her trails. I stopped also and we both ended up at the middle of the road.

"W-what's t-the matter? W-why did y-you stop?" i asked.

She faced me, with her sorrowful eyes again which softened my heart.

She looked down, "I-im sorry J-Junho." I heard sobs and sniffs from her. She was crying.

"W-w-why are you s-saying sorry?..." My voice cracked and stuttered.

"F-for a-avoiding y-you. For b-eing so dumb and stupid. I-i regret that." She was still looking down.

I want to see her face so badly.

I cupped her face to look at me, "I-its o-okay. B-but w-why did you do that? W-why d-did you avoid m-me ever s-since we finished c-college?"

Her sobs became unbearable and loud, she whined uncontrollably. I felt that the universe has fallen when I saw her like that. 

I just let her cry before answering my question.

"I-its b-because.." Her voice trailed off and cried some more. "Its because I feel weak when im in front of you, my legs weaken, my voice cracks or even stutters, my mind goes blank, my heart beats uncontrollably and its all because of YOU! Don't you get it Junho? I love you!"

HYOYEON

Its like the world has fallen when I confessed to him. He just stood there, frozen, with an unexpressive reaction.

I sighed. , I shouldn't have confessed. 

"I-i knew it.. I shouldn't have confessed." I muttered under my uncontrollable sobs.

I sighed for the millionth time, "I gotta get going now, Goodnight."

I tried to left until I felt that he held my wrist tight. So tight that he doesn't want to let go.

"Please, stay. Just this once." He said with pleading eyes. 

I stopped.

He suddenly removed the umbrella above us and just let the large raindrops fall on us.

"Are you really gonna leave me in this moment?" he asked. "Are you seriously that cruel to me Hyoyeon?"

Wtf, after all I've confessed to him? Im the cruel one now?

"Why would I be cruel to you when I did it because I love you!" I yelled. I said it for the second time already.

"Did I ever acted cruel to you when I realized I love you?!" he said angrily.

Is he threatening me with a confession? On the bright side, I felt me heart bursting with happiness but on the other side, I felt scared at his anger at me.

"O-okay. I-im s-sorry," i stuttered. I felt scared. I have a soft heart, that's why.

When he realized his anger, his face softened, "U-uh.. I-im sorry, i-i just couldn't handle my emotions."

"I-its o-okay. I know you have the every right to be angry at me." I forced a smile.

He moved closer to me with a smile on his face, "Im not gonna do that again Hyoyeon, I love you."

I blushed, and smiled back, hesitantly answering back,  "I-i love you too, silly~"

His smile widened and placed his right hand on my cheek and his other hand on my waist. I felt heat where he had touched. He lessened the distance between our lips until, our lips touched ever so gently at first.

It was soft and sweet, but I wanted a little more. So I responded to his kiss, moving my lips to his, he did the same as mine. We were both in sync, it was magical. 

With large raindrops falling into us as we kiss, it was like a fairytale. He removed his hands on my cheek and placed it on my waist pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could still feel his heart beating fast. 

How I loved it. 

There is no one I want to be with except for him and there is no one he wants to be with except for me. I love him, he loves me, there is no problem with that. 

We don't want this night to end, we want this night to stop just for tonight.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hope you guys like it :)

Feel free to subscribe, comment or even vote.

Thanks for reading!