INTRODUZIONE

Indagare | ON HOLD
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Run. Don’t look back and just run.

The sun was scorching hot. The crisp of leaves under his feet as he frantically ran was the only thing he could hear. He was limping but that didn’t hinder him from running any faster. Sweat covered every inch of his body and the heat wasn’t any help to his aching chest of trying to just run for his life.

The surrounding trees were leading him to nowhere. He just kept on running without even knowing where he was as of the moment. The forest was vast and he believed it would never end until he saw it. Light. He ran faster and then he realized he was falling. He felt nothing but he could hear his breathy screams.

And then hot white searing pain on his lower back. The heat of the sun blinded him and it was all too painful. He clenched his hairy hands and held onto the rocks to try and gain strength. He looked around and hope was what he felt again.

Opposite to the pathway leading him out of the mountain of rocks was a hut. If he could only reach that, then everything would be alright. He would be able to take all of the pain. He struggled, he really did.

But then his surroundings slowly became unclear and everything was spinning. He could hear it, the continuous ringing in his ears. He let out one last scream of agony and then everything started to slowly fade away. No more pain, worries and no more fear.

Everything was black.

 

 

Dr. Lee Hyukjae let out a sigh of relief as he put down his tools.

“Now he can walk with his two legs.” He looked at the other surgeons in the room and removed his gloves.

“I’m leaving you to take care of the rest, okay?” He didn’t wait for their answers as he quickly stood up and headed towards the exit. Before he could even put his hands on the knob to open the door, he looked back to his co-doctor and observed him for a while.

“Hey, Park Jae Bum.” The aforementioned person quickly glanced towards his mentor whom he respected so much. He smiled at him but at the same time he was sad to see him leaving again. “From now on, don’t come and look for me. This will be the last time. Have more trust in yourself and your skills.”

“Yes, professor.” He timidly replied back as he watched the man leave.

 

 

A man in his early twenties along with a highly respected doctor in the hospital was walking along the corridor. The man he was with goes by the name of Jung Yunho, or more known as Professor Jung of Korea University Hospital. He is one of the doctors in the building who has been working there for a long time and has already mentored a lot of interns before. He was always happy to be someone behind the success of other people.

The younger man was giggling the whole time and his steps were a bit more enthusiastic. He was carrying a small box which contained his important things for work. He smiled brightly and couldn’t help but express his excitement.

“Finally! This is my first day here.” He looked at the older man walking with him. “It’s so nice that there is no smell of blood and medicine from where I always stayed at.” He pouted a bit.

Yunho looked at the younger and tightly smiled. Worry for the other’s well-being was written all over his face but then he thought that life must go on. He should be contented and grateful that this young man right here can go on and continue with his dreams. Most of all, in the guidance of himself and one of his favorite students.  

“Do you like it that much?” He replied calmly, referring to how the other felt like with this new arrangement. His left arm was guiding the shorter boy by his shoulders to lead him to the right way.

“Of course!” The other chirped. “To give you a description of how it feels, it’s like having a very cool sprite right after a refreshing bath.”

The two took a turn towards another hallway that lead them to another office. The younger man observed his surroundings with awe and curiosity.

The office lights were not too bright but just the right amount of dimness to work under a relaxing atmosphere. The hallway had little lamps and there were framed infographics on the walls. An open space right after the entrance had a long oval table with chairs around it. In front of that was a glass board and a wide screen TV or projector (he wasn’t so sure what that was). Other things around that room were two desks with computers and a magnetic board with papers and post-its scattered over it.  It looked like a room space for meetings and discussions.

“Good day to you Professor Jung.” A young lady just about his age met them at that open space with a wide smile on her face. The professor just nodded at her and she proceeded to look at the younger from head to toe. Her eyes weren’t judgmental though. Her demeanor and aura was all nice and bubbly. 

Two other people entered the room. One looked very strict and serious and the younger boy couldn’t even look at him in the eye. He gulped as his eyes moved to the person behind the serious looking man and he was relieved that the other guy was all smiles at him. The other two greeted the professor and they were greeted back with a tight nod again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter