Final

3 AM

Tzuyu had never felt so agitated before in her life. One would say she’s just being overly sensitive about this one sentence during a fanmeeting.

“Mina hearteu Chaeyoung”

If only she didn’t hear it at all. She wished.

She knew that it’s just for fun. Pure fanservice. But that thought didn’t sink in since her mind was too clouded for being rational.

And it’s actually not that easy to stop being so awkward whenever she made an eye contact with the girl afterwards. Why? It’s simple.

Because Tzuyu likes Chaeyoung.

And she’s jealous.

Good thing the maknae is always good at not showing any emotions. Even during the SIXTEEN’s finale, when finally debuted, she was just using her usual expression as if it’s nothing big, while the others were crying happily whatsoever.

After finally settling down to their own shared bedrooms, Tzuyu quickly plopped down into the soft mattress, reaching for her dog plushie to no avail. She just remembered that Dahyun was going to borrow it for the night.

Regretting her choice to lend the plush toy, she closed her eyes, forcedly, feeling so tired and restless. Physically and emotionally tired.

Some minutes later, the lights were off, indicating the end of the conversation between the other two companion in the room, and she drifted off to sleep.

She tried her best, to be frankly. Tzuyu didn’t want to acknowledge this pain inside her heart. It’s so stupid, she would say. But deep inside, she knew that she’s actually the main cause of the problem itself.

Since several days ago, the two of them had been avoiding each other.

When the unnies were out for some stuff, they spent their alone time together on the living room, sitting comfortably while facing each other on the large couch. They chatted so lively, talking about different kind of things. Partially regarding their own interests, the latest drama they had been watching, and a little bit about themselves. Their childhood for example.

It was fun while it lasts, really. I mean, they got to know each other way more than before. But she knew that some things are going to change between them sooner or later the moment when she suddenly felt a weird sensation inside her stomach whenever she looks at her. And apparently, that’s what they usually call as love.

At first she believed that she only likes her as a friend. No more than that. But it seems that being alone with the one you like (even if it’s platonically) could change your view about the person itself. And unfortunately, she couldn’t shake off this unwanted feeling inside of her. She didn’t want to have any romantic desire to any of the members.

But it seems like fate wasn’t on her side this time.

She had fallen for her.

And Chaeyoung knew it.

That explains why, until this very moment, the Taiwanese couldn’t get her eyes shut. She didn’t manage to get a sleep that she had yearned for after the fan meeting ended.

Sighing, she sat up while rubbing her eyes. The fatigue have yet to leave her body, much to her dismay.

She glanced at the clock which said ‘3:00 AM’.

Tzuyu closed her eyes again, hoping that maybe she can sleep while sitting on the bed.

It wasn’t some seconds later until she finally forced her weak feet into the cold floor, heading for the door. Upon arriving at the living room, she was greeted by someone whom she really not in the mood to see or even talk to.

It was Chaeyoung.

“Hey.”

Tzuyu just raised her hand, not even bothering to speak. She sat on the couch a little bit far from her, preventing herself from being too close.

Well, not in this hour. She only needs a sleep right now not her.

“Can’t sleep?”

Tzuyu couldn’t help but to roll her eyes before replying, “what does it look like?”

And she swears she heard the latter scoffed at the answer. Getting no reply, she took a glance and surprised to see her actually leaving.

“Wait, where are you going?” she almost choked, don’t know why.

The rapper kept on walking, not even sparing a glance, “to the bedroom of course. Where else would I go to at this hour?”

“No one told you to go.”

“And no one even told you to ignore me.”

And that was when Tzuyu suddenly lose her desire to sleep, too surprised at the unexpected answer, abruptly standing on her toes while looking intently to the shorter girl who’s still not facing her yet. “What?”

This made Chaeyoung stop on her track, finally meeting her eyes. Her face only showed the signs of uninterest, “what do you mean ‘what’?”

“I didn’t ignore you.”

Chaeyoung smiled bitterly. “And I didn’t know that you’re such a liar, Tzuyu.”

Don’t call my name like that.

Tzuyu frowned at where the conversation is heading. Why now of all times? She can’t think straight, she’s just too tired. Let alone forming a coherent sentence for an answer.

“I’m going to sleep.”

She finally snapped out of her thoughts. “Wait!”

“Don’t shout. Are you going to wake the others up?”

“I didn’t ignore you.” Tzuyu her now dry lips, “and even if I did, it’s for a good reason.”

“Oh, really?” Chaeyoung turned around, showing a smug face. “Care to explain?”

“No.” Tzuyu suddenly felt herself burning at the intense atmosphere around them. “You should’ve known by now.”

“Which is not happening because I don’t know what’s inside that thick head of yours.”

“Hey now, why so bitter?” the tallest found herself walking towards her, wearing a cold expression which matched her heart well.

Noticing the approaching figure before her, Chaeyoung tried not to waver a single bit. Standing still on her toes, she keeps her intent gaze on the latter.

“I think you really need to explain first the true meaning behind all of your statements earlier because I’m just so tired and not in the mood for arguing,” Tzuyu paused, “because I swear I am being so cold right now that I can actually break you into pieces.”

“Wow, suddenly being all talkative.”

“Yeah, you see.. it’s kinda tiring for always being silent the whole time so…”

Chaeyoung gulped upon realizing the position they are in. She’s basically cornered and trapped between Tzuyu’s long arm, which is not far from her head. And they are so close that she could actually smell her scent.

Well damn it still smells good even after being all sweaty from yesterday’s activities. Honestly speaking, she missed it so bad.

“Explanation time~” Tzuyu said in a sing song tone, which is quite creepy because of her crooked smile and somewhat husky voice.

“There’s nothing to explain.” The taller tilted her head, “you already know the answer.”

“Hah! See? You’re repeating my words.”

Having nothing better to say, Chaeyoung took her time to think back about what had happened in the last few days. 

“You used to be so fun.”

“What?”

“I wonder what made you change like this.”

“You’re not making any sense.”

Chaeyoung suddenly pushed her hand away , trying to get off of her. But Tzuyu used that chance to grab both of the latter’s wrists and placing it above her head, closing the distance even more than before, startling the other girl with her rather harsh action. 

“Let me go.” She said sternly, not wanting to shout.

“Not until I get the whole explanation.” Tzuyu suddenly chuckled, “please, I’m trying my best not to curse here.”

Unfortunately, the rapper decided not to open at all even after all of that threatening.

“I am so pissed now,” she bit her lower lip, “what did I do wrong, Chaeyoung? Tell me.”

The latter shivered at hearing her name from , hissing at the pain.

“Still not going to talk huh?” Unbeknownst to her, Tzuyu finally released the grip on her wrists, and her gaze suddenly softens. “I was just confused, Chaeyoung. Seeing you and her talking so happily with each other… you guys are having a good time. It’s as if I’m not even there.”

Chaeyoung  could see the sad expression on the latter’s face, which is also making her sad. Especially after hearing the honest statement. She didn’t know what to say. 

“Tzu-“

“I’m hurt, Chaeyoung.” She smiled bitterly, “it hurts.”

“Tzuyu, listen,” Chaeyoung took a deep breath, glad to see that the latter waited for her to continue, “we are over this already, alright? I’ve told you that I don’t have any feelings for her.”

“But what I saw was different.”

“It’s because that time we were not in a good terms with each other.” She could actually feel the sleepiness starting to get the best of her. But she still tried to concentrate on her words even though her knees are already shaking at this point.

“And how about today? Are we still not good at all?”

Chaeyoung just weakily shook her head.

Tzuyu sighed. “I don’t know whether that’s a yes or no but..” she trailed off, “I’m sorry if I had ever done wrong, I-“ she stopped when realizing that the latter’s losing her balance, almost falling down on her knees if it’s not for her to quickly hold her body, supporting her up. “Chaeyoung!”

“I told you, no shouting.” She placed a finger on her lips.

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing already.” She closed her eyes, “I’m at fault too for avoiding you that time.”

“It’s okay.” She lifted her up and carried her body towards the couch, which made the latter blushed at the sudden action.

“I was being so childish. I thought I just had it enough with you for always being so expressionless all the time.” Chaeyoung looked up to see if Tzuyu was listening, “so I decided to tease you a little by making you jealous. I know how much you hate it when I’m giving looks to other people, so..”

Tzuyu remained silent, gesturing for her to continue.

 “And at today’s fan meeting... I was getting too carried away. I’m sorry.” She looked away.

The latter just smirked at her, finally feeling at ease after hearing the truth behind. “Mina hearteu Chaeyoung, huh?”

“Hey stop it.” She punched her playfully on the stomach, “you’re just ruining the moment, geez.”

Tzuyu smiled while poking her cheeks, grateful that now they have made up.

“Pabo.”

“I’m your one and only pabo, got it?” Tzuyu leaned closer, gazing intently into her eyes.

“God, stop being so cheesy and just kiss me already you loser.”

“As you wish, princess.”

Well, it seems like waking up at three isn’t as bad as she thinks now.