Chapter 1

Unspoken [BP challenge]

 

Unspoken [ one-shot ]

Arron’s heart shrunk when he saw the little boy who accidentally bumped into him running towards a girl, no, she’s a woman now, yelling “Mummy” as he speed towards her with small, little steps.

“Gui Gui?” Arron called out, he saw her smile sagged the moment she caught his eyes. She is so different now.

“Who are you? How do you know my name?” Her words spat out like bullets that shot right through his heart. How could she ever forget him? She used to like him so much, supported him so much during the bad times.

“Gui Gui, I’m Arron. Remember? Your supervisor back at our old working place?”

“Sorry, I don’t remember knowing anyone named Arron except for my son.” Her eyes bored into his; there is sorrow, guilt and a slight tinge of hate.

“You know me. You’re just pretending.” Arron smiled as he approach her. She took a step back and glared at him. Arron could almost hear his heart shattering.

“Arron, let’s go find Daddy.” Gui Gui’s words made Arron smile, but to his disappointment, she is referring to her son.

“If you don’t know me, isn’t it quite a coincidence that your son shares the same name as me?” Arron’s words stopped Gui Gui in her tracks for half a second until she continue walking into the restaurant without even turning her head.

[ Gui Gui’s POV ]

It’s been 5 years since I last met him. He was the last person I wanted to see after the day I swore to give up on him. I hate him, hate him for making me love him. He is a selfish bug who only cares about his career. In his eyes, I’m just a little girl who do not understand him. A good friend who would be there for him whenever he needs encouragement. Even after the confession letter I wrote to him before he left for bangkok, there were no replies from him about his feelings towards me. I regretted telling him that I know he just treats me like a sister in the letter. Maybe that’s why he never braves up himself to face his own feelings. He did not give me a definite yes or no. He left me hanging there like an idiot. Hoping and wishing like a desperate moron. I tried several times to give him up in the past, but he would always send in his regards at the wrong timings. I hated him for that, because he made me think that I stood a chance, when I never did.

Until one fateful night I tried to start a conversation over MSN with him, and waited for his reply up to two hours, there was none and he just went offline like that. My heart froze that very night; What do he take me for? Why does he always pester me when I tried to ignore him, and ignores me when I tried to pester him? I deleted his contacts, anything that had got to do with him. Including my happiest memories with him at work. He treats me well when we were working, we’re really close, that even colleagues thinks we’re an item. My friends said he treats me a lot better than normal girls he knew. They could feel something between us; I could feel the special feeling between us too. But I guess it was just one-sided. I was so stupid then.

[ Arron’s POV ]

She must have hated me for not facing my own feelings. I’m sorry Gui Gui. You have a bright future ahead of you, you studies in the nursing school and had always get good grades. I’m just a normal graduate with an average food&beverage certificate to start a small business on my own. You’re a nurse while I’m just a boss of a small cafeteria. Being together with me, you will just ruin your future. And I’m glad that I did not get into a relationship with you, you must be a great nurse now, with a happy family.

Sorry for not being brave, sorry for running away from your love, sorry for being self-centered about my own career, sorry for not daring to step over the line of being just friends with you, sorry to miss you on cold lonely nights, sorry to bother you with my stupid messages these years, sorry to ignore you when you reply me, sorry for everything.

[ End of POVs ]

Arron trailed behind Gui Gui and her son into the restaurant. Only to find her sitting together with a man, whom he assumed to be her husband. He caught Arron looking at him, he gave a slight smile and approached him.

“Hi. I’m prince.” He drew out his hand, gesturing for a friendly handshake. Arron took his hand and gave it a firm shake.

“Arron here.”

“I heard from my son that you seem to know my wife, Gui Gui. But she don’t seem to have any impression of you at all.” Prince said. Arron could felt jealousy building within him, but he shook it off.

“Yeah, She’s one of my staff when we’re working in a restaurant a few years back.” Arron answered and fidgeted uneasily.

“I see. But she doesn’t seem to remember you at all. She met with an accident last year, which caused her to lose certain portion of her memory.” Prince’s words drew realization to Arron. Gui Gui had forgotten about him, all about him.

“To be frank with you. I love her. In fact I’ve loved her all along. But I didn’t have the courage to tell her.” Arron’s words did not seem to startle Prince; in fact he gave Arron a pat on the shoulder and smiled.

[ Prince’s POV ]

Gui Gui would be over the moon if she hear him say this. But Arron was a coward like me back in secondary school days. I’ve always love Gui Gui. But I didn’t dare to admit it even when she confessed to me on our graduation night. She is a good girl, but I just cannot get over the hurt after loving a girl back in my primary school days and my love was not reciprocated. I was so dumb then, if I were a bit braver, I would have been with her, and she would not fall in love with this Arron guy, and getting hurt so deeply by him. I finally gathered the courage to confess to her last year, twice, but she rejected me. She loves Arron now. She told me she love him deeper each day, and had totally given up hope on me, and regards me as a friend only. God must have heard my heart shattering into a thousand pieces. And as a punishment for myself, I swore to stay by Gui Gui’s side and be with her through ups and downs. And yes, I still love her now.

[ End of POVs]

“You know what, we’re both alike. We’re both cowards, only Gui Gui is the brave one who dares to voice out her love. We must have broken her heart a million times by the words left unspoken.” Prince manage out a smile and stood up, Arron looked at him with knitted eyebrows.

“You know a girl still remembers you when she names her child after your name.” With that, Prince left and joined back his family. They got themselves a big cake and strolled out of the restaurant with happy faces.

Arron processed Prince’s words and finally got the meaning of it. He hurried out of the restaurant and caught none of them insight. Out of pique and angst, he punched the wall with his red hot fist as hot acidic tears scalded his cheeks.

He was too late to realize that Gui Gui remembered him all along. He was too late to realize Gui Gui was waiting for him all along. He was too late to regret keeping his feelings unspoken.

.*.

“Gui Gui, Tell me truthfully, do you feel happy lying to him?” Prince’s words shot right through Gui Gui’s mind, she blurted out a bitter laugh.

“I don’t want to have him in my memory anymore. I’ve grieved enough, now I’m over him, I’ve climbed so high up, away from him, I do not want to fall back down into the pool of sorrow and hurt anymore.” Gui Gui’s smile was genuine as she made that statement. She had learned to be brave through these years, she also learned that love cannot be forced, if it’s yours, it’s yours, if it’s not, no matter how hard you try, fate will always get in the way.

“Even the part about me being little Arron’s biological father?” Prince prompted again.

“Yes. He always wanted me to be happy no matter what. So I just have to act a full show.” Gui Gui bent down and gave her adopted son a kiss on the forehead.

She took in a deep breath of fresh air, she felt released after the encounter. He is fine and getting on well with life. And now, he will lead his own life, while she continues living up to hers. With prince and Little Arron with her, nothing hurts anymore.

“Little Arron, next time if you love a girl, you must tell her bravely.” Prince bent down and patted his little friend’s head.

“Why?” Little Arron questioned with puppy eyes.

“Because hearts are often broken by words left unspoken.” Prince answered and gave Gui Gui a look of regret.

“I’ll always be your friend. Gui.” Prince promised and stuck out his pinky finger. Gui Gui laughed and hooked hers around his.

- End of story -

Sorry for the sad ending. I just wanted to try something different in this fic. :) THANK YOU FOR READING! keep comments rolling in yo! :)

Love,
Lego