PROLOGUE

Salvation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

P R O L O G U E

 

When I stepped out of Mr. Kang’s office, my lovely, lovely neighbor happened to be passing by right in front of it so of course I saw him. I just offered him a sheepish smile so he won’t suspect anything. Not that there’s anything to suspect. Well maybe there is but he doesn’t have to know that, right?

He did not even return the smile but who returns a sheepish smile aside from a lover?

“Hey, wait for me!” I tried catching up with him but he’s just too fast.

“What is it?”

“What?” I should stop playing like an innocent little , it doesn’t suit me.

He groaned and starts walking faster. I grinned. If not because of my boyfriend, I might actually like him. “Hey Mark!” He stopped walking but he didn’t face me. “I need a ride later! Wait for me, okay?” He waved his hands like he already knows. Good.

Since I transferred here in California, everything seems a whole lot better. I’m closer to my boyfriend, I’m living with my sister—because my parents decided to live in Korea and they made me choose if I want it here or in Korea, I chose Cali, of course—who knows my special boy and doesn’t all out disagree with my relationship with him unlike mom and dad, I have an awesome neighborhood, a great school and awesome new friends.

“Where were you?” Irene asked when sat on our lunch table.

“Just…” of course I’m not going to tell her, we’re friends but there’s too much to risk, “somewhere.” I hope she won’t suspect anything, “You know the monthly thing.” I added.

“Oh. Of course.” She didn’t say anything after that. I could let out a phew! but that’s a stupid thing to do. Not even going to try.

I might be the only person who’s always excited for lunch to be over because the class next to it is my favorite. I bid my goodbye to Irene and literally skipped like a little girl while heading to the room. “Wendy!” I turned and then there’s Jackson who’s rarely seen without Mark. “Why are you so excited in this class?”

“Why can’t I?”

“It’s Statistics!”

“I like Statistics!”

“Stat , though.” Mark slapped his back and grinned. Why does he look so cute when he does that? “Right?”

“It’s my favorite subject.” I didn’t know that Mark Tuan is such a nerd. Who genuinely likes Statistics? I only like this because of the teacher. But I’m not the one to talk because I’m also a nerd. Sometimes it’s so apparent that it’s making me crazy. Not that I’m complaining. I love myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter