The story:

Let's Get Drunk Together

“This is the last party for the next few weeks, okay?” Namjoon tried reasoning with his underaged sophomore and freshman friends. Somehow Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook were able to convince him to take them to upper classmen parties for the past four weekends. He was getting a bit worried that they may be taking the college partying life a bit too strong, however each of those parties were all hosted by Hoseok. It seemed that they only wanted to be going to Hoseok’s parties. Maybe Namjoon would talk to his friend and see if he would hold off hosting a party for another few weeks.

                “Yeah, yeah. Don’t worry about us, Tae Tae is here for Hobi hyung and Kookie’s found himself a pretty blonde to stalk throughout the night,” Jimin teased with a wink at his dongsaengs Taehyung took the tease with a laugh while Jungkook’s cheeks flared pink. Neither could deny what the other had said because it was one hundred percent true. Tae would spend his night glued to the host’s side, taking to chatting with him, dancing on him, and even dabbling a bit in the designated pot room if that’s where the night took him. Jungkook on the other hand had a very artful dance where he would always circle around the small house to be in the same room as Hoseok’s housemate, Yoongi; however, while Yoongi would always be in his sight they would never talk or interact. The most that happened was a few glances here and there between the two.

                “Yeah, Kookie hardly even drinks,” Taehyung teased further. It was always fun to get a rise from the usually so self-assured freshman. “After the first time when he went around the whole party challenging everyone to everything he’s held off a bit,”

                “And that’s a good thing! None of you guys should be drinking! You’re all underaged and I’m corrupting you!” Namjoon whined. Despite his whining he still led the trio up to the white front door of Hoseok and Yoongi’s house.

                “Gosh, ever since you started dating Jin you’ve gotten more responsible,” Jimin pouted quietly while Namjoon pounded on the door to be let in. In response Namjoon stuck out his tongue. “but I guess you’re no more mature than before,” he muttered as a reply to the childish act. It was true, Namjoon was only showing up to the parties to find Jin and sit with him in the kitchen where they may get a bit drunk and make out a whole lot.

                “I think I’m going to talk to him,” Jungkook suddenly resolved. He spoke quietly almost as if he was just confirming his thoughts out loud. Trying to hold himself more true to the vow he made in his head. Ever since Jimin’s sly comment the youngest had been in his head, a mixture between scolding for being so nervous and encouragement that he could make a change tonight.

                A handed slapped Jungkook on the back, “You go for it Kookie! You get yourself a piece of that !” Taehyung joked, albeit a bit vulgarly. It was about halfway through Taehyung’s sentence that the door was opened to let them in. Now typically Hoseok would answer the door but this time they were met with blonde hair that stood a few inches shorter than the host.

                Yoongi raised an eyebrow in question, while Jungkook’s eyes rounded in shock, “I’m fine with whomever getting ‘a piece of that ’ but please do not publicly and not in my bed room either,” the boy stated voice sounding slightly exasperated. The words he spoke seemed like they would be a joke, just playful banter, but his tone hinted that this was a real concern. That at one of Hoseok’s parties he had walked into his room to find sweaty bodies on his bed making vulgar sounds, probably left him the tiniest bit mentally scarred.

                “Ah, don’t worry about that. Jungkookie probably won’t even get the courage to speak to ‘em,” Taehyung joked back, box smile featured on his face.

                Yoongi hummed, while letting them in. The four students shuffled into the already half full living room. The couch was already filled with occupants and a small group was dancing to music coming from the intricate speaker system the house was hooked-up with. Jimin was quickly gone to join the group dancing, the boy loved dancing. And if in the meantime he flirted that was a plus. That night it would either the pretty girl with long wavy hair or the tall male beside her, he was probably a basketball player with that height. Meanwhile, Namjoon and Taehyung both made quick work to find their people of affection which left Jungkook all alone with Yoongi.

                It was a bit awkward, Yoongi standing next to the closed door, dark eyes watching him while Jungkook shyly looked between the floor, Yoongi, and the hall to the kitchen. After a few seconds of relative silence Yoongi let out a sigh while grabbing Jungkook’s wrist, “C’mon kid, let’s get you some liquid confidence. There is no way you’re going to get laid tonight if you’re this awkward naturally.”

                Oh, okay this is a pleasant surprise. Yoongi was interacting with him, and was going to give him alcohol. IT was like he almost already succeeded at talking to Yoongi, except he hasn’t and Yoongi thinks he’s awkward. One step forward, two steps back seemed to be the situation. But even this small interaction was hopeful, maybe Jungkook was going to properly speak to Yoongi tonight.

Jungkook blushed at the elder’s assumption that his goal was to get laid, he was actually a bit more of the wine and dine first kind of guy. The interaction was nice but Jungkook felt the need to correct him, “My goal isn’t to get laid; I just want to talk to him. Maybe get his number?” Jungkook spoke quietly, feeling a bit exposed in the party atmosphere. Though Yoongi was in front of him still pulling him to the kitchen, Jungkook noticed a slight smirk twitch onto his face.

                Worry automatically flooded his system as he thought, Damn it, he probably thinks I’m some innocent and ignorant freshman with hopeful childish hopes. He’ll probably think I’m too young to date. Instead of being made fun of like he was expecting Yoongi replied with, “That’s cute. We all gotta start somewhere, yeah?”

                Words failed him so Jungkook just gave him a smile in return, granted Yoongi didn’t really see it, but that didn’t matter because they were in the kitchen next to a bunch of alcohol, mixers, chasers, and solo cups. Yoongi had suddenly turned to face Jungkook, “Okay, what would you like?” Yoongi asked referring to the small excerpt of a liquor store behind him. “Vodka? Soju? Rum? Beer? Uh, Tequila?” The alcohols tumbled from his mouth like quick-fire, “Personally, tequila makes me a bit handsy but it works for a confidence booster. I refuse to give you fireballs though, they’re nasty and might give you heart burn. Heart burn isn’t attractive or fun. Also if you’re a sad drunk stay away from vodka.”

                Jungkook suddenly was nervous, he wasn’t an expert of alcohol and still wasn’t sure how most would affect him. Except for his first time drinking which was a bit of a blur, he’s only ever had a few beers to make him buzzed. Unfortunately there was something about the situation that made him think a beer wouldn’t be enough to get through tonight. “Uhm…”

                Yoongi watched Jungkook fidget. After being around enough freshmen at parties throughout his years, he quickly caught on that the kid was a bit nervous or hadn’t done much drinking before. He quickly made an offer to help ease the other’s anxiety, “How about this, you choose one and we’ll take a few drinks and then I’ll choose one that I think would be good, and we’ll have a few drinks. Whichever you prefer will be your drink for the night. We’ll pace it a bit so you don’t get too crazy, and ff you worried about getting drunk, I’ll be there right with ya,” Yoongi spoke with a smile.

                Okay, yeah, let’s get drunk together so I can kiss you and blame it on the alcohol Jungkook thought, looking maybe a bit dumbfounded at Yoongi, “Uhm, how about the rum?”

                “Rums makes pretty good mixed drinks if you don’t like the taste. But also let’s be real, nobody really likes the taste of any alcohol. Especially if it’s cheap,” Yoongi gave a small chuckle at his own joke. Jungkook smiled along mostly because of Yoongi’s amusement. “I’m going to say that a tequila will get the job done, you won’t know a stranger by the end of tonight hopefully.” Yoongi spoke grabbing both the rum and tequila. “I’m making a sacrifice of my own for you kid, you better appreciate it,” he joked.

                Turning from Jungkook, Yoongi grabbed two solo cups and two clear alcohols. “We’re doing the rum first, do you want it straight or mixed?” Yoongi asked, hesitating in his barista ways.

                “Uhm, I kind of just want to get it over with, so just a shot?” Jungkook replied. In reply Yoongi let out a laugh and filled the two cups to the shot line. He handed one to Jungkook and kept the other to himself.

                “Ready kid?” He asked, gummy smile making an appearance. And okay, if he was going to be this cute Jungkook was in more need of alcohol then he thought. Not waiting for Yoongi, Jungkook quickly lifted his cup and downed the liquid. It tasted bitter, almost like he was drinking flavored hand sanitizer. He couldn’t help but scrunch his nose in distaste, eye brows following in a furrow.

                Of course more laughing came from Yoongi, “Don’t like it much, eh?” He asked before taking his own shot. “Well it doesn’t get any better from here until you can’t really taste anything, but were not going to let you get to that point,” Yoongi spoke with ease, turning to get another drink ready. “I’ll make you a mixed drink, it should be a bit better tasting.”

                Jungkook watched as Yoongi made quick work pouring in the rum and a few nonalcoholic drinks, before he handed back the solo cup. “Take this a bit slower so you don’t get sick. Downing all that liquid will get you nauseous. Until then we’ll talk,” Soon the two were making light conversation. It started with the usual college introductions: proper name introduction, class year, major, possibly minor, and intended career. Yoongi revealed that he was a music major and hoped to become a producer while Jungkook was a health and human performance major and that he was there on sports scholarship. Jungkook also found out that he probably picked the best person to drink with considering Yoongi worked as a bartender most nights. Their conversation was a bit timid and it hit its awkward pauses, but it also had moments of being effortless.

                The more Jungkook sipped on his drink the more he just let loose. He could his body began to sway, balance thrown off just a bit. A lightness also floated into his mind, not letting his concerns weigh his mind down. It was nice, but he was still ready to try out the tequila.

Before Jungkook knew it Yoongi was getting the next round of shots ready. “This one may be a bit worse, but it’ll definitely give you the ability to talk to your crush,” Yoongi said with a wink. He handed the dark haired boy the cup, and the two counted to three before downing their drinks. This liquid seemed to scorch Jungkook’s throat as it went down, leaving a bitter taste in his mouth. Even Yoongi was making a small face of disgust.

                “That was terrible,” Jungkook stated.

                Yoongi let out a surprised laugh before replying with, “Yeah, but it does wonders. Trust me. Last time I had tequila I was racing Hoseok down the street, just to prove that I was faster than him. And a bit more embarrassingly, I made-out with at least two people—maybe three.” Yoongi’s eye squinted and eye brows furrowed as he tried his best to recall the memories. If Jungkook was being honest it was super ing adorable.

                “Well, I guess tequila will be my drink for the night then.” Jungkook mumbled, mind edging on hopeful. Surely he could at least give Yoongi a solid hug before the night was over with a little help, and if they made-out? Even better.

 

++

                About four shots later Jungkook was hanging onto Yoongi to keep his balance. If he didn’t know that the house was on solid land he would have questioned if they were suddenly on a boat. However the slight impairment of his balance was not the only reason Jungkook needed to be clinging to the blonde. No, this was also a very tactful and useful way to hang-out with his crush without crossing any lines. It was comfortable.

                In between shots the two were just talking, making senseless jokes, and dissolving into fits of laughter. A few people had come up to talk to either Jungkook or Yoongi, but none one stuck around to bother the two. “Hey Kookie, weren’t you going to try talking to that crush of your’s?” Yoongi slurred out, suddenly remembering why he was drinking tequila. Because honestly, after so many cringe worthy morning afters and hangovers he vowed off tequila and only could such a pretty face make him attempt it again.

                “Ya know? Don’t worry about it. I’m in great company right now.” Jungkook stated bravely while also trying to work around a direct answer. He definitely had a bit of drunk speech going and was smiling way too much, but it was okay because the older was just as drunk as he.

                “But what if he likes you back? I know if I was your crush I’d want you to talk to me.” Yoongi replied, observing Jungkook’s face. He had such large, dark eyes and the cutest smile. To make things better he was also kind and rather goofy. During his admiring of Jungkook’s face he noticed that the other went from nonchalant and care-free to an almost taken aback look. Yoongi quickly rushed to amend what he said, hoping no damage was done, “Uh, I mean not that I am your crush, or--”

                And while Yoongi was still trying to attempt to salvage himself he found that he was unable to talk. After a second he realized it was because another pair of lips were pressing against his own, slightly numb ones. If this was the direction the night was headed Yoongi was not going to complain.

                The two sloppily made-out for a few seconds, lips moving against lips and teeth occasionally nipping, before Yoongi pulled away, “Was that the alcohol?” He joked while trying to make sure Jungkook could leave the situation without worry if he wanted to, “because I’m pretty sure that’s not going to help you talk to whoever you’re crushing on,”

                “Shut up,” the younger suddenly stated looking into Yoongi’s eyes. The sudden in control attitude Jungkook adopted made Yoongi reel back for a second, before he twitch an eye brow up. This brat, disrespecting his hyung, Yoongi thought expecting the younger to continue. “Hyung, you are the guy I wanted to talk to tonight.”

                What a pleasant surprise. “Well,” Yoongi started with a cheeky smile, “I’m glad I could help. However I must inform you I have a strict policy of not letting people have a piece of this while I’m drunk,” he continued, making a reference to Taehyung’s words from earlier that night. This made Jungkook role his eyes before he started to tug his hyung towards him again, probably to make-out some more, but Yoongi stopped him, “Also, just to let you know, this-” he motioned between their bodies, “isn’t one-sided. I think you’re cute. Got a bit jealous over you’re crush but I wasn’t going to show that. Maybe grab my number from Namjoon-ah later and we could go out sometime, yeah?”

                With a small smile and an eager nod Jungkook agreed, “That’d be great, but right now I’d really rather kiss you,”

                Yoongi laughed before consenting with, “Go for it,”