Final

Geborgenheit

Geborgenheit

Author: celestyeol1127
Genre: Angst, Fluff
Pairing: KAISOO
Description: Jongin came back to their 'home' and Kyungsoo is so happy.

 

- -

 

When the brilliant sun starts to bloom in the midst of summer, everyone has their own plans and to do list for the thirty days vacation. Escapades to the most famous beaches, hitch-hiking, or just came back to their own once favorite place; place where unforgetful memories like a flowing water running in your fingertips, like when you open a pandora box. Those memories, breaking down the wall once again, a facade and giving a purest emotions, make one lose sane.

Jongin came back to his 'home' after five years. The sky is a crystal clear, reflecting the sapphire ocean by the shining rays of sun. Today is a beautiful day, he told to himself. The fresh air calms his nerves, tickling to his skin that makes him unconsciously smile. 'Home' is where you make yourself be at peace.

Jongin standing outside their home. It's still the same. A small but cozy house. The house is a color cream, with a small sign on the gate, 'KAISOO', hanging on the rusting gate.

/"You know, I think let's put our combine names in our gate." Jongin and Kyungsoo are the new couple from Seoul who travels to Busan to start a new life. They chose this place because they want a peaceful life where far away in the noisy and polluted city of Seoul.

"Sure. Do you have in your mind?" Jongin gives Kyungsoo an expectant look and Kyungsoo shrugged.

"Let me think." Kyungsoo puts his fingers in his chin, thinking and Jongin thinks it's ethereal.

"KAISOO!" Kyungsoo beams. His eyes sparkling and his white teeth flashing. Jongin can't stop but to stare and thinks, 'Thanks God for giving me a perfect partner.'

"Hmm.. I like it. KAISOO.. My nickname and your real name. Not bad at all." Jongin flashed his thousand-watt smile and pats Kyungsoo's head./

He touches it and he felt a little pain tugging at his heart. "I'm back." Little tears prickling on the edge of his eyes while smiling. Kyungsoo, pats his back, smiling so genuine.

He walks inside and see their dusty belongings. All covered by a white linen. His only footsteps can be heard. Familiarity and foreign feelings submerged, filling his emotions. It feels good to be back again.

He saw Kyungsoo, wearing a Pororo apron, greeting him, "WELCOME BACK, KKAMJONG!" grinning to him, arms wide to give him a warm hug and Jongin accepts it. Kyungsoo still smells like a citrus-honey. He loved it.


It's only 1PM in the afternoon and Jongin decided to clean their house. He pulls all the white linens, dustied all the floor and washed the windows. Kyungsoo just staring at him, smiling like a lovesick fool while sitting comfortably in the couch. He doesn't feel tired at all and he enjoyed every seconds of it.

After he clean the whole house, he went in the backyard wherein Kyungsoo's heavenly garden was. Because Kyungsoo thinks he's in heaven whenever he walks on it and feel different flowers and plants on his fingertips. Jongin walks and gives a sighed. It's all ruin. Kyungsoo will be mad at him. "Sorry.. I'm really sorry Soo for not taking care of your garden." He saw Kyungsoo at the corner of his eyes, telling him, "KIM JONGIN! MY GARDEN-!" while adorably pulling his hair and Jongin thinks he's cute.

He made a beeline to the storage room and rummage if their's flower and plant seeds Kyungsoo stored. He saw it on the higher part of the cabinet, but he can't reached it. 'How did Kyungsoo put it on the higher part?! How did he do it!?' He saw Kyungsoo giggling on the corner. "Yah, don't laugh! How did you do it?!" Jongin says louder and Kyungsoo laughs. "Jongin, used your pea brain." He saw a stool chair and stand on it, reaching the box of plant seeds but before he reach it, his right leg slips and he fell. "OH-"

Kyungsoo rushed to his side and lifts him, "Jongin, are you alright?" Pain draws in Jongin's face and he sits, massaging his right leg. "I'm fine. So fine that it hurts like a . This is all your fault." Kyungsoo widens his eyes and laughs. "I am." He proudly says. "So let me kiss it." Jongin snort but didn't disagree. Kyungsoo leans and kissed Jongin's hurt leg.

"Go put an ice on it, peahead. It will bruise." Jongin nods and Kyungsoo helped him to stand.

- -

It's 5PM in the evening when Jongin are done planting. Different varities of flowers are planted - baby's breath, roses, lupines, lilies of the valley, white heathers, sages, rosemary, dahlia, periwrinkles and many more. Jongin thinks he will built a flower shop in the future and Kyungsoo will loved it.

Kyungsoo comfortably sits on the bench near a tree and starts to speak when Jongin shifts his head to him. "Let me tell you, Baby's Breathe means innoncence and purity of heart. Lupines, imagination. Lilies of Valley means return of happiness. White Heathers means good luck. Sages means long life, esteem and health. Rosemary, remembrance. Dahlia, gratitude exceeds that you care. Periwrinkles, pleasure of memory."

Jongin's mouth hanging open and Kyungsoo comes to him to close it and whispered, "I would love to have a flower shop, Jong."

Jongin snorts but nods. He will definitely. Then he goes inside and pulls a cigarette on his packet. Kyungsoo tsk-ed at him and shakes his head at Jongin and he knows what Kyungsoo is trying to tell so he keep it and pouts at Kyungsoo.

- -

It's 10PM when Jongin is at their bedroom. He checks his phone and he receives 10 messages from his workmates Sehun and Chanyeol and 3 missed calls from his Mother. He let out a huffs delete all his messages and call logs then turn-off his phone.

It's full moon tonight and he can see the clear night sky. He opened the window and feels the chilly night wind crawling on his skin but he don't mind. He sniffs the air and it calms him. An arm hugging him behind and Jongin smiles because Kyungsoo is being clingy. Jongin shifts his head and saw Kyungsoo staring at the sky, observing the million stars. Jongin wonders what on Kyungsoo's mind.

"I felt pity on some stars." Jongin frowns and asked why. "Because I feel like, they make themselves want to be the brightest one, so people will notice them, never forget them." Jongin gives a wistful look at the brightest star on the left and he thinks of Kyungsoo.

"You're one of those brightest star, my Soo. Forever sparkling and shining perfectly on the clear night. And you will be my favorite of all."
Kyungsoo gives a lovely stare at Jongin, murmuring 'thank you, Jongin' and he sleeps. Jongin brushed Kyungsoo's fringe and kissed his forehead.

- -

Jongin woke up at 7AM. It's too early but Kyungsoo pats him to wake up and have an exercise. Jongin didn't compelled and the latter approves.

Jongin jogs to the neighbor and greets the Grandmother whose watering her plants, and continue to jogs. Today is a beautiful day again. Might as well make himself productive. He went to the near park and sits on the bench while jugging on his bottle of water. The morning sun creeps on his skin, his sweat glistening. He saw Kyungsoo reading a book on his side, wearing a reading glasses while sipping on his coffee. Jongin smiles and Kyungsoo looks at him. "What?" while handing a towel to Jongin. He gladly accepts it and Kyungsoo shakes his head. He thinks this kind of day is perfectly normal for them. How he missed the old days.

- -

It's 11:30AM once he get back on their house. He took a bath and went to the kitchen. He opens the fridge and saw some instant noodles, cans and three eggs neatly piled inside. Kyungsoo forgot to go to grocery and Jongin shakes his head, decided to get his wallet and car keys.

It's a 15 minute drive from their house to the nearest grocery store. There's a lot of people and Jongin decide to eat first. Kyungsoo holds his hand and carried him. Once they stopped, Jongin noticed that Kyungsoo took him to their favorite restaurant. Jongin wants to cry but he controlled it because Kyungsoo giving him a lovely smile the Jongin wants to melt and be a puddle of water.

He went inside and the smell of the variety of food makes his stomach growls and he can't wait to savoured the food he and Kyungsoo loved. He sits near the window and the waiter comes to him to take his order. While waiting, he observes the pack of people walking happily outside. There's a family sitting on a bench, a couple eating ice-cream and children playing, happily basking on the sun and Jongin smiled. Kyungsoo sitting on his front, observing Jongin wistfully. When the food came, he and Kyungsoo eats on their hearts content.

- -

It's 3PM and Jongin neatly piling all the groceries on the fridge. Eggs, milk, cans, instant noodles and fresh vegetables and fruit. After he's done, he went to the backyard and saw Kyungsoo watering the plants and flowers. Kyungsoo looks so exquisite under the sun, so stunning and he can't stop staring. He's the love of his life and he wants to cry again. Kyungsoo waves at him and he waves back. When will he ever to take a step forward?

- -

It's 6PM and Jongin just watching a rerun of a drama that Kyungsoo loves. He's eating popcorn, comfortably laying on Kyungsoo's lap while Kyungsoo running his fingers on Jongin's hair. "Cafuné." Jongin gives a questionable look to Kyungsoo. "Caf- coffee? What?" Kyungsoo giggles.

"It's Cafuné, a Brazilian Portuguese for the act of running your fingers through your loved one’s hair." Jongin awes and kissed Kyungsoo's hand.

- -

The next day, Jongin strolls through the nearest beach on their place. It's a warm and peaceful day. He walks slowly to the white sand, feeling every specks of sand on his feet. The calm roars of the ocean and birds flying freely on the sky, one word - perfect day.

Kyungsoo walking on his side. Lifting his right hand on the air, blocking the sun and feeling it on his fingers. Jongin looking at Kyungsoo's delicately small hand and he missed to feel it on his hand, perfectly fitted. Kyungsoo smiles at him and runs through the water. Jongin follows and the two play happily.

- -

After a tired day, Jongin bought an ice cream to the nearest ice cream parlor and eat it on the bench on the park. Jongin loves to eat ice cream on the hotful day. Kyungsoo playfully looks at him while grinning. "What?" Jongin asked.

"Lucu." Kyungsoo blurts while laughing, shaking his head.

"Lucu?" Jongin repeats the foreign word on his tongue.

"It's an Indonesian word that used to describe something that is both cute and funny at the same time. In other words, a good-looking twenty-six year old man who likes to go into ice cream parlors and embarass himself by eating ice cream like a child. Tsk tsk." Kyungsoo remarks.

Jongin laughs because it's true.

- -

It's late in the afternoon when Jongin decides to practice to dance again. Dance is his forte, his passion, his life and Kyungsoo knows it. His in the mini dance room in the house, with a music player and two huge speakers on the corner. A big mirror contrasting on the front and the back and Jongin feels nostalgic. Kyungsoo is siting on the side, stretching and humming a familiar song. Jongin starts to played the music and dance gracefully. Kyungsoo watched him in awe and clapped so loud once Jongin stopped. It's one of the favorite of Kyungsoo's list-to-do, to watched Jongin dance passionately. "How was it?" Jonging gives an expectant look to Kyungsoo and the latter smiles so wide. "Perfect." and Jongin wants to cry.

- -

Jongin is done doing the usual. Clean the house, watered the plants on the backyard, greets the neighbor and washed his car. He went inside the bathroom and take a long shower because he just feel it. Suddenly, he heard someone's voice singing on the bedroom and Jongin knows it's Kyungsoo. Oh, how he missed so much listening to Kyungsoo's angelic voice, like all the seraphim on the heaven singing. It's their favorite song that the latter singing and Jongin can't control his emotions and he starts to cry. Tears running on his eyes with the water washing it almost away.

"Forelsket." Jongin whispered. It's his one of the favorite words that Kyungsoo told him. It's a euphoria you feel when you recognize that you are falling in love with someone for the first time. Again.

Jongin is a dance choreographer and Kyungsoo is an English literature major/writer/singer and the both of them sync so well.

- -

It's a Sunday morning and Jongin is wearing a descent black suit. With a bouquet of different flowers on his hands. Today, he will go to the cemetery and will visit his beloved's grave.

/In the loving memory of Do Kyungsoo/
/1994-2011/

Jongin placed the bouquet of flowers in Kyungsoo's grave and stands back to give respect. He breathes in and out for a minutes because deep in side, he don't know what to say.

"Hi, Kyungsoo. It's been a while." He started. He saw Kyungsoo standing few meters from him, smiling at him.

"I missed you." A choked sobs escapes from his lips and tears starts to fall on his eyes.

"I've moved on I think.., but coming here where you lies, it gives me pain for not seeing you forever. I missed everything. I missed - I- I missed you ing so much. It's been five years and I can't- I can't- I'm still seeing you everywhere. I'm still hearing your voice. Everything is still vivid to me."

"Soo, I know you want me to be happy, and I am. Treasuring our memories once again, I'm contented and- and- oh God, Kyungsoo. I want to feel your warm again, your hugs and kisses. I want to feel you. I'm- I'm losing myself once again because of you."

Kyungsoo starts to cry also and stares at Jongin being a crying mess on the ground and Jongin stares at him too, can't hold anything but pure grief and sadness overwhelm his body.

"Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo whispered and the wind travels into Jongin's ears. "Yuanfen."

Jongin looks at him, eyes bloodshot. "It means, a relationship builted by fate or destiny." Jongin answered. Kyungsoo slowly nods, "because I believe, you and I, are soul mates."

Jongin genuinely smiles for the first time again.