Prologue

Fly

Hi guys! So this is a prologue of sorts to the actual story. It's basically showing how Bambam went about asking Jimin out. Jb is in here also but its mostly just to kind of show the protective feelings he has for her and his personality. I also kind of wanted to show some of Jimin's insecurities and yeah...I hope you enjoy it please let me know what you think!

XxX

 

“What are you doing?” Bambam asks from his place by the door. He is currently watching his friend lean rather heavily against the balcony railing, seemingly attempting to take a picture of something up in the nearby tree. The girl wobbles a bit too much for his liking at the sound of his voice. He reaches out a long arm, holding her steady.

 

“Take whatever picture it is you want quickly, Jiminie.”

 

Jimin looks back at Bambam and grins. The boy smiles, as always her happiness is infectious.

 

“This really pretty bird flew up into the tree when it saw me.”

 

“It’s probably because you’re not wearing makeup.” He mumbles, snickering softly when her only reply is a sharp pinch to the arm that holds her tightly. It is the only thing keeping her from toppling over the railing into the pool below. She seems to remember this as Bambam playfully begins to loosen his grip and she lets out a squeak of protest.

 

“Relax.” The boy says, laughing. “I won’t let you fall.”

 

“Just a little more…” Jimin mutters as she stretches her body out as long as she can. Finally, after a moment Bambam hears the soft click of her iphone.

 

“Got it!” She says laughing, allowing herself to fall back into Bambam’s arms. “Look!” She shoves the phone up to his face. He blinks down at her, charmed by her enthusiasm. Her big eyes sparkle in the moonlight and Bambam feels a subtle warmth blooming in his chest. It is a heat that is becoming quite familiar. He shakes it off and focuses on what she’s trying to show him. The blurred outline of a small bird stares back at him. It’s feathers are a beautiful compilation of colors. Red, orange, blue, silver, and black.

 

“Oh, it’s really cute.” He says poking the screen with his forefinger.

 

“Of course it is. Do you think I would risk my life for just any old bird?”

 

He chuckles, shaking his head, and taking Jimin’s hand in his.

 

“Well now that you’ve taken your picture don’t you think you should get some sleep?”

 

The girl stills and the light in her eyes dims. She bites her bottom lip and looks back up at the giant tree where the small bird resides.

 

“What’s wrong, Jiminie?”

 

“Nothing...I just can’t sleep.”

 

Bambam looks down at his friend, a bit concerned that she won’t meet his eyes. He pinches the end of her nose, pulling on it and turning her face in his direction. She looks rather embarrassed.

 

“It’s just that my room is too dark…”

 

Bambam stares at her for a moment before laughing. Jimin pinches his arm and turns angrily away ready to storm off. The boy grips her wrist and pulls her back.

 

“Don’t be mad, Jimin.” He murmurs, wrapping his arms around her and letting his chin drop down onto the top of her head. A long moment passes before Jimin speaks.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Bambam sighs, he honestly has no idea what it is he’s doing.

 

“We have an early flight tomorrow.” He says instead, avoiding her question completely. “You have to sleep.”

 

“But I can’t...not in the dark.”

 

The boy feels that familiar warmth once more. “Then we’ll sleep in the living room. The windows are big and we can pull the curtains back to let the moonlight in.”

 

He pulls her back towards the door. They walk through the boy’s house doing their best to remain silent. s are asleep and he does not wish to wake them. They are exhausted from the night’s festivities, as is he and the girl that shuffles softly before him. Once they arrive at the living room Bambam goes about putting together a nest of sorts made up of spare blankets and pillows on the carpeted floor. Jimin settles down beneath the covers while Bambam pulls back the heavy curtains from the windows allowing the moonlight to stream in. He lays down a respectful distance from the girl and watches her as she closes her eyes and whispers a faint ‘goodnight’. His last thought as he drifts off to sleep is that his friend is rather pretty. The heat returns and sleep claims him.

 

XxX

 

Jimin is anxious. The bus pulls up to the airport and she feels her stomach lurch. She sighs and feels her companion stir beside her. Baek A Yeon is now watching her with concern.

 

“Are you alright Jimin-ah?”

 

The younger girl nods and stands up as the rest of the passengers begin to exit the vehicle. She’s not good at things like this. Walking through the airport, surrounded on all sides by strangers and cameras…people screaming and flashing lights...She hates it. 15& is not an idol group.

 

She grips A Yeon’s hand and steels herself as they enter the building through a pair of great doubled doors. The place erupts into cheers. Jimin knows it is not for her. She glances behind her and sees the members of Got7 smiling handsomely at the cameras, waving at their fans. Jimin is not jealous. She knows her oppas and friends deserve that love, knows that they work hard for it. She smiles as she watches them. The girl should be paying attention but her eyes are starry as she watches her friends and she barely has enough time to feel a slight resistance at her ankle before she’s falling, hands and knees colliding painfully with the marble floor. Blood rushes to her face all too quickly, the embarrassment is almost painful. She feels dizzy. Words are thrown at her. A Yeon asking is she’s alright and a stranger’s voice. She looks up. A young woman with dark hair and a Got7 banner in her hands smiles at her. She’s apologizing but Jimin doesn’t quite believe her. The woman’s eyes are cold, slightly smug, and Jimin wants to cry. Before she can even begin to formulate a response a large hand is pulling her up by the arm and she is staring into the dark eyes of Got7’s leader. The urge to hide behind him is strong.

 

“Are you alright, Jiminie?” He asks, touching her hair. His sharp eyes turn towards the woman who looks as though she could float away from sheer joy. There is a dangerous downturn to his mouth and Jimin knows he does not believe the incident to have been an accident anymore than she does. She touches his arm and he seems to remember where they are, who they are. She watches as he forces his mouth into something resembling a smile and tries not to frown. Though she would never admit it Jb’s smile is one of her favorite things. This imitation the woman has forced on his face is offensive.

 

“I’m fine oppa. Let’s go, we need to board.”

 

He looks down at her and nods guiding Jimin and A Yeon in front of him. They resume their walk through the airport. Jb does not leave their side until they are safely on the plane.

 

XxX

 

Jaebum feels guilty. From where he sits he can see Jimin leaning against A Yeon, a blank expression on her face. Logically he knows that the actions of that particular fan are not his fault. It is common sense, he cannot control the actions of other people. But from this distance he can see bruises beginning to bloom against the pale skin of Jimin’s knees and his conscience doesn’t seem to allow room for logic. He wonders if her hands are hurting as well and feels a fresh wave of guilt wash over him. He considers asking the stewardess to bring him ice but is saved the trouble by Junior who approaches the two girls. He whispers something to A Yeon and she stands coming to take the vacant seat at Jb’s side. The boy nods at her but his eyes are on Junior who places an ice pack gently on Jimin’s leg. He smiles as he watches a bit of light return to her gaze. The girl rests her head against Junior’s shoulder and closes her eyes. She looks content and Jaebum is satisfied. He leans back into his seat and tries to sleep.

 

XxX

 

Bambam waits just outside of Jimin’s door, a rolled up poster in hand. When the door swings open and she greets him in close fitting top and a tiny pair of shorts the boy has trouble controlling the direction of his thoughts. He notices the curious look on her face and clears his throat, tearing his eyes away and walking past her into 15&’s dorm. Jimin follows him and stares, with her hands on her hips when he plops down onto her couch.

 

“Bambam, what are you doing here?”

 

The boy in question lifts an eyebrow at her tone. “You’re not going to offer me a drink or snack? How rude.”

 

Jimin sighs and rolls her eyes but walks into her kitchen anyway. She returns with a bottle of orange juice and a small plate with two pastel macaroons on top. Setting the dish and drink down on the coffee table she sinks down onto the couch and watches as Bambam inhales the cookies and half of the orange juice. When he’s done he hands the bottle to her and she takes it finishing off the second half.

 

“So, I’ll ask you again Bambam...what are you doing here?”

 

“A guy can’t come to visit his best friend?” He pouts at her and smiles when that draws a laugh from her, no matter how reluctant.

 

“Yugyeom is your best friend.” She answers, amused. “And you know coming to a girl’s dorm is dangerous for a male idol. What if someone were to spot you? They would get the wrong idea.”

 

He sighs and hands her the paper he’s brought with him. “I know it’s not too smart of me to be here but I just wanted to give you this.”

 

The girl tilts her head curiously and unrolls the poster. She blinks in surprise before breaking out into a beautiful smile.

 

“Bambam!” She jumps into his arms and the boy is sure he’s smiling rather stupidly. Jimin pulls back a bit to admire the glossy image of the bright and lovely bird she saw in Bangkok staring back at her.

 

“I thought this might be nicer to look at than that blurry picture you took.” He chuckles as she draws him into another hug and allows himself the liberty  of encircling her small waist with his arms. He feels her stiffen but she doesn’t pull away and he rests his chin on her shoulder. They stay that way for a few moments before Jimin is untangling herself and watching him with confusion.

 

“What are you doing?” She asks the same question she’d asked in Bangkok and instead of avoiding it this time he decides to face it.

 

“Hugging you.” He answers, and grins as Jimin turns bright pink.

 

“I know that but...you’re acting differently…”

 

He looks away from her and picks a random point on the opposite wall to stare at.

 

“Do you hate it?”

 

“I-no I don’t hate it...it’s just... unusual.”

 

He summons a bit of courage from somewhere within himself and just asks what he’s been meaning to ask for a while now.

 

“Do you want to go on a date with me, Jimin?”

 

His question is met with a deafening silence and in those long seconds it takes Jimin to answer Bambam is berating himself for ruining everything and forever damaging their friendship.

 

“Okay.”

 

The word lingers in the air for a moment before Bambam is whipping around to stare at Jimin.

 

“R-really?” He is instantly suspicious. “You do understand what I mean by that right? I mean an actual date for real. I’m not joking.”

 

She looks beyond embarrassed. “I know Bambam. I understand and I’m saying yes.”


He laughs and hugs her hard, kissing the top of her head. Jimin is laughing as well and the curve of her lips and the sound of her voice stay in his mind for the rest of the night.

 

Xx​X

 
Okay so there you go guys I hoped you liked it! It's just the beginning but I just wanted to establish that Jimin and Bambam do actually care for each other and that their relationship isn't just a catalyst for Jaemin to happen lol Also as you could tell at this point Jb has no inkling about his own feelings he just worries about her and looks after her. Next Chapter Jb will find out about their relationship lol I'm still contemplating how best to do that but anyway thanks for reading! Please comment and give me your thoughts okay (^~^)/