The Child

Mon Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Wonho went to sleep, Jieun studied overnight. A pile of books was towered up in her left side and opened books and notebooks were spread all over her desk. If it wasn’t for her casted arm she would have typed her thesis quickly but since she couldn’t use her left arm, her pace decreased by half.

Jieun took away her weary eyes from her laptop and checked time. It was almost seven in the morning. Although she’d drunk six or seven cups of coffee overnight at this point her sleepy eyes were mixing lines she typed, making it hard for her to continue. One hour… I sleep for only one hour…

Jieun threw herself on the couch. She was too tired to walk to their bedroom. Plus, if she found comfort beside Wonho she couldn’t wake up on time. The last thing she saw before her eyelids fell close was the alarm she set on her phone.

Ring~ Ring~~

Jieun stirred in her sleep with a grown. It’s already an hour…? Jieun opened her eyes to see that only half an hour passed.

Ring~

Reality hit Jieun, it was the doorbell. She opened the door without thinking and saw grandma standing there, all dressed up. Jieun brushed her messy hair with her fingers and bowed down politely.

“Hello halmoni…”

“Good morning dear.” Grandma smiled motherly at her. “I’m really sorry but I’m here so early to ask you a favor.”

“Please come in…”

“No, I’m in a rush since I have a plane ticket.”

Jieun nodded. She remembered grandma told her before that she was going to see her daughter who lives in Japan sometime in this week.

Grandma continued. “You know Seyoung and Minjun living next door, right?”

“Yes.” Jieun nodded at the thought of Seyoung who doesn’t like her and her cute son Minjun.

“Seyoung had an urgent business meeting and had no choice to leave Minjun with me but I need to leave and Minjun had been a little sick so we couldn’t take him to kindergarten. Can you take care of him until evening?”

Jieun’s eyes widen. Seyoung almost hated her and probably won’t like the idea of Jieun taking care of her son but hearing that Minjun is sick, Jieun couldn’t reject although she had a lot of work to do for her thesis.

“Yeah, I can take care of him.” Jieun replied.

“Oh, thank goodness. I knew I could count on you.” Grandma sighed in relief. “He is in my house. Can you take him here? He is a bit heavy for an old woman like me…”

“Yeah sure.” Jieun followed grandma into her house and only when she wanted to lift Minjun up, she remembered the status of her left hand.

“Can you lift him up?” Grandma asked worriedly.

“Oh…yeah…” Jieun bent down over the little sleeping boy and pulled him up with her right hand. Grandma helped her to hug Minjun and eventually Jieun had to use her casted left hand to support his weight. Her arm was hurting like hell and she had to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter