Idiot

You're An Idiot (But I Love You)

I hereby dedicate this fic to anyone who needs it. 

Also, I must write some words of wisdom from our fairy skwad mother Freya, who although she may not be fully in fandom, is with us every step of the way. Her life motto is "If I was there to see the sunrise, I'll be there to see the sunset." 

Which I think is blooming beautiful for a start (just like Freya herself uh huh i see u bae) but also means a lot. It means I'll be here, with you, holding your hands and drying your tears until the bitter end. Ok? Just because I write fic doesn't make me any better of a kaisoo shipper than any of you. 

So for that reason, we do what we strong lot do. We pick ourselves up, dry our tears and keep smiling and staying strong. We can do this, you know we can, and the rest of the Skwad will have your back if you're having a tough time. 

We carry on, business as usual and we read and write our fics and try not to cry over how badly we're failing at school/university/work and we do it together. 

So smile for me sweethearts, you look prettiest. Much love, as ever and as always, and I'll see you again very very soon. 

Tea <3333333333333333333333333

 

 

 

mama!au, because I've never written it before and its about time I did. Also, this is a drabble typed up entirely on my phone, so please bear with <3 (warnings for bad language)

 

 

"Jongin, I am not booping to France with you." 

Jongin pouts miserably "It isn't France it's Italy. Rome. And I also think it's ridiculously cute that you refer to teleportation as booping, seeing as most people tend to go for poofing and that's, well, rather gay." 

"You are gay. Terribly gay. You do ballet in tights for goodness sake Jongin!" 

"Hey! You're more gay than me." Jongin protests, but there's a grin on his face and one on Kyungsoo's too. 

 

Jongin's been desperate to go to Rome since he was tiny, and he can't think of anyone better to go with than Kyungsoo. Rome is romantic, it's breezy and it's perfect. 

 

They won't even have to pay for air tickets, what with Jongin's booping and all, so all they have to do is say the word then go. 

Only Kyungsoo won't play ball. 

"Jongin, I have work tomorrow. You have work tomorrow. On Saturday we have to go and do the dreaded task of seeing your mother, and you know she's hated me since the freaking moment we got together."

"It's been three years Soo! She's warmed up to you now. plus, we could just call in sick and say that we'll be back on Monday. Please?" 

Kyungsoo looks up from his newspaper and sighs as Jongin stands looking hopeful. 

"It's just too much effort Jongin. You'll get bored within five minutes if it rains and then you'll be demanding to come home." Kyungsoo would quite like to go to Rome too, but he would prefer it to be on a planned, relaxed holiday, without the stress of where is Jongin going to boop off to next. 

"It doesn't rain in Italy, Soo! The weather's really good!" 

"Jongin it rains everywhere. We can book a holiday in the Summer, and I promise we'll go to Rome." Kyungsoo sighs. 

Jongin goes suspiciously quiet for a few seconds. "Ok!" He pipes cheerily. 

Kyungsoo looks up at his grinning face and squints. He's up to something. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing." Jongin breezes. "Would you like a cup of tea?" He says sweetly as he's sashaying out of the room. 

"Uh, yes please?" Kyungsoo finds he's too tired to argue and for once, ignores his gut feeling.

 

***

 

Well that's the last time Kyungsoo ever makes that mistake. He realises he's made said mistake just a little too late as well. 

It's approaching midnight and he's curled up in bed with Jongin. The younger boy is usually clingy and limpet-like in bed, so Kyungsoo wasnt too peturbed until he suddenly noticed Jongin's grip tightening.

"Jongin. What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Comes Jongin's murmured reply, his voice muffled in Kyungsoo's t-shirt. 

And that's when Kyungsoo starts to feel it. The tingle of electricity in the air that can only mean-- "Kim Jongin if you are about ti boop us to Rome I swear--" 

Before Kyungsoo can even finish his sentence, he suddenly feels the whoosh of air leave his lungs and a terrible squeezing sensation until suddenly-- boop!

They're in Rome. 

He doesn't know how Jongin did it, but he managed to change them into normal clothes so they mercifully don't look too odd standing next to the Trevi fountain. 

Or should that be in the Trevi fountain.

"Jongin. Why are my shoes wet?" 

"Well..." Jongin starts sheepishly, "I kind of got so excited that I might have booped us into the Trevi fountain." 

"Well I can see that." 

"Why did you ask then?"

"Do not sass me Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo groans, hopping his way out of the water and apologising in his best Italian to the little girl waiting to toss her coin in. 

Jongin chuckles, kissing the finger Kyungsoo presses against his lips. "You love me."

"I'm in love with an idiot. So what do we do now, oh tour guide, seeing as you have planned this trip so well?" He sounds grumpy, but Kyungsoo is actually grinning from ear to ear as Jongin takes his hand and starts leading him through the cobbled back streets, leaving a trail of water behind them. 

"I think we get gelato then I ask you to marry me."

"Huh?!" Kyungsoo stutters. Surely he heard wrong... "What did you say?" 

"I said I think we should go get gelato, see?" Jongin squeezes his hand and tugs him towards a tiny little shop painted in stripes of mint green and white. 

A little bell tinkles as they enter and a friendly old man with crinkles round his eyes greets them. 

"We'll have two chocolate please." Kyungsoo orders thanks to some prompting from Jongin. Jongin was always betrer at Italian anyways, why can't he speak? 

The old man passes them their gelato, and Kyungsoo coos at the big glass. 

They get ushered by a waitress to a seat in the corner by the window, where they can look out over the bustling city.

Kyungsoo takes a bite of his ice cream and nearly melts as he tastes the delicious chocolate. "Ok, I know I complained about this trip but this is delicious." Kyungsoo says, bolting down his ice cream as fast as he can. 

Jongin, however, doesn't seem to be so interested in the gelato. Instead, he watches Kyungsoo with a soft smile on his face and tangles their legs together under the table. 

It doesn't take Kyungsoo long to notice that his boyfriend is acting oddly. He puts down his spoon and looks at Jongin. "Are you ok?" 

Jongin bites his lower lip. "More than ok. You know before? When you asked what we should do next?" 

"Well... Yeah." 

"I lied. I did say something else." 

"I knew you did," Kyungsoo starts and Jongin blanches "I didn't properly hear what you said though, I think I misheard you." 

Jongin colours a bit at this and sits up straight in his chair. He leans forward and takes Kyungsoo's icy fingers in his own. "Do you want to know what I said?" 

"Y-yes." Kyungsoo falters. He never can keep his thoughts straight when Jongin's beautiful eyes and Jongin's beautiful lips are so close to him. 

Jongin takes a deep breath. "Marry me?" 

It takes Kyungsoo a heartbeat. He doesn't cry, he doesn't take a moment to think, he doesn't even have to process Jongin's words. "Yes. Any day." He does try hard not to break Jongin's hands though, because excitement and super strength never mix well. 

And as Jongin knows him so well, he doesn't expect a big reaction or a fanfare, he just smiles. "Good." And then he's leaning forward and pressing their lips together just once, just shortly. 

Kyungsoo hears clapping and a flash of a camera. He turns to see the shopkeeper, the waitress and a few of the other customers with tears in their eyes. 

"My parents got engaged in this café." Jongin says, pointing to a black and white photo framed on the wall that Kyungsoo had failed to notice. 

Jongin's own eyes are threatening to spill over with tears and Kyungsoo leans forward and hugs him. "Thank you. Thank you so much." 

"I don't have a ring because I'm poor so--"

"I don't need a ring." 

"So I got you this instead." Out from Jongin's pocket comes a tiny little charm in tye shape of a musical note. 

Jongin pushes it into Kyungsoo's palm and just before Kyungsoo's own tears can spill over he pulls Jongin in for another kiss. 

Jongin's a spontaneous idiot, but it turns out he can pull things off. Just one of the many things Kyungsoo loves about him. 

 

 

 

 

was this lame? It probably was sorry ;-; call it a feels drabble hwhe

stay strong <3