Final

Umbrella

Yoseob POV

Tokyo, Spring Season 2010

                It was on spring season when my parents decided to have a family trip to Japan to celebrate their wedding anniversary. A trip to my parents’ memorial places and make me and my noona (older sister) listening again story about what happened there that we actually always hear whenever we sat in our living room and our parents are looking at the picture of then in that places. Well, I guess it’s because they’re so in love with each other that they’re not tired of retelling or listening the story again and again. Its always making me wandering if I even could have such an interesting love story to tell to my children in the future. I’m not expecting it to be exactly the same as my parents, meeting under sakura tree in Tokyo, well it just can’t be true for me.

                So it was the 6th of our trip, we are going to Harajuku to buy some souvenir to give to our friends in Korea, but suddenly there was a heavy rain. We still wanted to continue our journey, but the umbrella that we brought is too small for the four of us, so we decided to stopped at a cafe nearby.

                I just so happened when I was about to place our an the umbrella holder, the only space available is the space near a similiar umbrella as ours, the only thing that make it different is our umbrella has our name tag attached on its holder.

                So we decided to just ordered some hot tea and sit there, waited till the rain stopped. Suddenly there were two guys that walked out of the cafe and (luckily) I noticed then taking our umbrella. “Excuse me...” I said from the inside, but the two didn’t turn back, i guess they didn’t hear me, I guess I should follow them, I thought. So, i walked out of the cafe, taking the similiar umbrella as ours that I assume as theirs and run, following them. “Excuse me, you two!” I yelled, and Finally, they turned back with questioned look on their faces.  “I- I’m sorry but I think our umbrella just got switched, the umbrella you took is mine” i said loud enough so they could hear my voice and pointed at the name tag, and they finally looking at the name tag.

                One of them looked at the other and chuckled a little and mumbling something that sound like ‘I told you this one is not ours’, and looked at me and said “I’m sorry, this guy over here thought this umbrella is ours so he insist to took this umbrella instead of the other one.” He said and pointed at his friends.

                “It’s okay, it just because our umbrella look so similiar to each other that’s why it’s normal if this thing likely happened” I chuckled a little then similing at them and switch our umbrella. “Well, have a nice day” I said before turned back and walking back to the cafe.

***

Seoul, Summer Season 2011

                Just what happened to Korean after finishing their studies job hunting, my application recently got accepted by CUBE Company, and I’m getting ready for the job interview, taking a look at the sky before going, looks like it’s gonna be rain soon, I thought, so before I stepped outsid the door, I took the umbrella with me.

                Sure enough, just after i get off the bus, suddenly a heavy rain pouring down. So, when i was going to walk accros the street, I heard “E- excuse me?” I turned back and saw a guy behind me using his bag to prevent his head getting wet from the rain, he didn’t seem unfamiliar to me, yet this is the first time I met him. “Are you heading to CUBE Company?”.

                “Yes, I'm heading there,” I said to him.

                “Can I also go there with you?” He asked. “I forgot to bring my umbrella today.”

                “Y- yes, it’s alright” I answered and lift my umbrella a bit higher so he also fit under my umbrella, since I’m shorter than him.

                “Thanks.” He said and looking at his watch and whispered to himself ‘ah, I’m going to be late’, hoping me didn’t hear him.

                Luckily, we could arrived at the  company just 1 minute before the time. “Thank you anyway” He said then hurriedly enter the company before i could say ‘your welcome’, so I just chuckled and going to the lobby.

                “Excuse me, I’m here for the interview, where’s the place?” I asked the recepient.

                “Oh its at the second floor, the interview room.” The recepient said.

                “Ohh, thank you” I said and go to the second floor to search for the place.

                So, now I’m at the waiting room, waiting for my number to be called. “Number 159? Yang Yoseop sshi?” Oh that’s me.. I quickly stand up and enter the room.

                “So number 159, Yang Yoseop sshi.” I heard a familiar voice, when I look up, it was the guy from earlier who forgot to brought his umbrella.

                “Y-Yes?” I answered. He looked up when he heard me. I saw him mumbling something then he asked if we should start the interview and i answered with another ‘yes’.

                After about 20 minutes being interviewed, it’s finally over. Now, it’s only time for me to wait the announcement if I would get accepted at the company or not.

                “Yang Yoseop sshi?” I looked up and saw the recepient infront of me. “The CEO wanted to see you. Ah, anyway congratulation, you are accepted, by the CEO himself”.

                “Ah ne thank you. But, where should I meet him?” then she tell me on 12th floor, so I quickly go to the elevator.

                As i entered the CEO room, I was startled when I saw who was sitting there and waiting for me. It was the guy from earlier who forgot to bring his umbrella and interviewed me. “What? Are you expecting an old man or woman to wait for you here?!” suttered a bit i answered him with a ‘no..’. “Well, actually, I’m not the actual CEO here,” hearing him said that I quickly looked up to him with a ‘then what are you doing here?!’ look to him. He chuckled a little, then he continued, “The CEO is actually my brother. But today he had to go overseas because he have a bussiness trip, and because of today is the new employee interview and by believing that our type of ‘the good employee’ are similiar to each other, here I am,in place of him.”. I nodded as a sign I understand his reason. “Did you know why I called you? Well I just didn’t like to owe somethig from someone. So, I accepted you because I just don’t want to owe you, but even if I don’t receive your help, I think I’ll still accept you, because you answers to the questions are brilliant. So, congratulations, Yang Yoseop, you will start work tomorrow.”

                “Th- Thank you..” I said, smilling happily and bowed a bit. “Mr. Yong..Jaesoon..” I tried to read his name from the name tag in front of me.

                He chuckled “I’m not Yong Jaesoon, it’s my brother’s name.”. “My name is Yong Junhyung” he said before he left the room.

                Yong Junhyung…. I’ll remember that name, I thought, chuckled a bit because of my thought.

***

                Today is my first day working at CUBE company. “Hmm. Perfect” I mumbled as I looking at my reflection on the mirror, then hurriedly to eat my breakfast. Suddenly, when I was walked out of my door, I saw a car parked in front of my house, a fancy one.

                “Good morning, Yang Yoseop-sshi”  It was Yong Junhyung. “Ready for your first day of work?”, I just nodded to his question. “Come in, then, let’s go to the office together.”.

                “Are you sure if it’s okay?!” I asked, and he just answered with a ‘sure, it’s okay.’, then get on his car.

                “So.. you have a car after all..” I started a conversation with him, Junhyung who is focusing on the road right now, because it’s kinda awkward not talking at all in our way to the office, and he answered me  with a simple ‘yeap.’. “Then, why didn’t you bring that car yesterday? And how do you know my address?”

                “Oh, yesterday...Um.. my car was broken yesterday and your address written in your resume, I’m one of the interviewer, remember?” He said, then I mumbled an ‘aah, maja’ as I remembered the yesterday event. “Okay! Here we go! We’ve arrived at our destination!”. The car isn’t parked infront of the company, instead it parked infront of a cafe.

                “W- wait.., this isn’t the office...” I said.

                “B- but, we are going to be late. And it’s my first day of working, I know you are the CEO now, but still, I don’t want to leave a nad impression on my first day of work.”

                “Gwenchanayo. It’s okay, don’t worry, besides it’s only 8 A.M. anyway, everybody started working on 9.30.” He said, then got out of the car and opened the car’s  door for me. “Now, let’s have a breakfast” I only answered with a soft ‘okay’.

                “Just sit there. Imma order the food.” He said. And, again I only could answer him with an ‘okay’. “Ja.. here it is,” He said, placing a sandwich set and two cups of coffee infront of us. “You eat it, I’m just going to have this coffee.”

                “N-no. I don’t think I could finish this all by myself. Besides, it’s not polite if I’m eating like this infront of the CEO. It’s just rude plus I already have my breakfast too, so please have this too.” I said offering him the sandwich set he just gave me.

                “Fine if you insist,” He mumble, then he took one sandwich. “I’m not even your official CEO tho,” i laugh a bit. “And why didn’t you say that you already have your breakfast?!”

                “Well,.. i thought it was not polite to say no to your CEO, even if that person was just a subtitute one.” I said, and he giggled.

***

                “This is the new employee, in the our departement, Yang Yoseob”

                “Hello everyone, my name is Yang Yoseob, please take a good care of me” I said, bowing to the other employee– the seniors.

                “Here’s your first tasks” One of the senior said, and hand me stack of paper, “Oh, I almost forgot this one, it’s from the CEO. Oh, and my name is Yoon Doojoon, I’m the supervisor for the Public Relation, well, in other word, I’m your supervisor.” He said and smiled at me. I answered him with a soft ‘ne, I understand’. “Ah here’s your table” he said pointed at one table. “Good luck on your first day.” He said, and i bowed and answered ‘Ne, Kamsahamnida’.

                As I saw he walked out to his room, I sat down on the chair and tried to do the task that given to me, first  I checked out the one from the (subtitute)  CEO– Junhyung. As I open the first page I saw a paper with message ‘Mr. Yang, meet me at lunch break on CEO room(since I’m not the real one)’.  this CEO is one of a kind.

***

                12.30 P.M. It was whay my watch telling me when I looked at it. “ Okay, everyone it’s the lunch break!” I heard Yoon Doojoon shouted at everyone, so hearing that I quickly stood up and heading to the CEO room. I don’t need to ask the recepient anymore, I already memorized the CEO’s room on the moment I first got there.

                “Excuse me, I would like to meet Mr. Yong Junhyung.” I said to the secretary.

                “And You are?”

                “Yang Yoseob, Miss”.

                “Mr. Yong, Yang Yoseob would like to-“

                “Just tell him to go to the CEO’s room.” It was the last thing I heard before the secretary said ‘follow me’ and take me to the CEO room. As I entered the room, I saw a table– it’s more like a dining table placed on the middle of the room, the secretary bowed before she leave the room and close the door.

                “Oh, you are here?” I heard Junhyung’s voice from across the room. I took a look around, trying to search for him, but I can’t find him, I look around again– oh, there he is, he was at the corner of the room, trying to tidying his suit.

                “Sir, is there any problem? Why do you asked me to meet you here?” I asked, trying to be formal.

                “Yah! No need to be formal! Let’s have lunch together!” He said and pulling out a chair. “Sit here,” he told me, and I sat there. Then, he took another chair for himself.

                “B- but I want to have lunch in the canteen like the others, so I could make frined with them.” I said

                “The foods in canteen are not as good as this, you are lucky enough to have you CEO to feed you these foods. If you want a friend, here you got one, me. Just consier me as a friend, not as CEO, or sor supervisor, or something like that, I’m your friend. Beside, our age are almost the same.” He said for me. “Now, eat.”

                “Well, this will be the first and last time to eat here, it’s my farewell as a CEO to you.” He said to me while cutting his steak.

                “What do you mean by saying that?!”  I asked, holding the steak infront of my mouth.

                “Well, today is my last day of being my hyung’s subtitute, tomorrow it’ll be my hyung”

                “I understand about that, what I asked is about the ‘as a CEO’ part?”

                “Well, I might not able to meet you in person as a CEO, but maybe, your co- worker?! Who knows” He smirked as he saw me looking confused, unable to understand what he meant saying those things. “Hey! Eat it before its get too cold”.

***

                It’s another morning, the second day of working. I look at my clock “Ah.. It’s 7 A.M. already..” I mumbled before quickly running around my house to preparing myself before going to work, eat my breakfast quickly. Just when I was opening my door, Beep Beep. I heard a car horn sound infront of my house. I look out and see a car– the same car as yesterday– and Junhyung standing infront of the car, waving his hand at me. Isn’t yesterday is our farewell, is it have to be this fast to meet him again?!.

                “Are you ready to go to the office?!” I nodded. “Okay, then, get inside my car” he said opening the car’s door for me. As enter the car, I saw two pacs of sandwich and two cups of coffee inside. “Breakfast! One for you, and one for me” he said to me, smiling widely, giving one sandwich and coffee to me and he too the other two.

                “W- why are you doing these things– I mean like driving me to the office, treat me breakfast and lunch?” I asked him.

                “About that.. hmm.. I don’t know the exact reason why am I doing it to you, I just want to do that.” He answered. “Why did you ask about that suddenly?”

                “O-oh.. It’s just, I feel kinda burdened to be honest” I said, almost whispering hoping he won’t hear it clearly.

                “Why? Why are you feeling burdened by it? Mostly people would’ve feel so honored to have the chance to have a dinner with their CEO’s family member.” He said, well he heard it clearly.

                “Um.. well, mostly it was the reason why I felt burdened by it.” I said. “It wasn’t because of I didn’t like it. It just, well you are the CEO’s brother, I just don’t want people thought that I approaching you in purpose, you know, so that I’ll have a good mark or something like that. I just want to give a good impression, you know.”        

                “Just don’t think about me as your CEO brother. Remember what I said yesterday?! Just think of me as you co-workers.” He said to me. “Now, let’s just eat these things or we’ll be late.” I answered him with a soft ‘okay

***

                Well, second day of work. Everyone are gathering again, well just like the first day. “Okay, so today we have another new employee in our departement” another new employee? “Can you introduce yourself?”

                “Yes, sir. Thank you for the chance” I heard a familiar voice. “My name is Yong Junhyung, please take a good care of me.” And I lifted my face, startled when I heard that. I saw Junhyung was bowed to others, and whenhe made eye contact with me, he smirked. So, this is what he meant by saying a good bye as a CEO?!.

 

                “Here’s your table, Yong Junhyung” I heard Yoon Doojoon said pointing at the table next to mine.

                “Eyy, Doojoon ah why are you being si formal.” Junhyung said to Doojoon. “Anyway, thanks, you got me the spot I exactly wanted.”

                “Hey, this is in office, I’m your supervisor, though, even if you are the CEO’s brother.” Doojoon said softly, hoping that nobody heard him. Well, but I heard it. “So, please speak formal to me.” And he walk away.

                “Eish.. Jinjja..” Junhyung mumbled as he saw Doojoon walked away, and turned his face, facing me. “Hi! We met again!” He said. Eyyy. “Your new co-worker friend, Yong Junhyung imnida. What’s your name?”. “Now, you can  treat me as your co-workers, and not your boss’s brother, right?!” He whispered to me and winked.

                “So, now we have to introduce ourself again?!” I mumbled. “My name is Yang Yoseop”. “By the way it isn’t going to make so much difference though, because the fact that you are the CEO’s brother. You can never change that.”

                “H- hey, I’m working undercover here,” He whispered. “Nobody in this division knows my real identity, except you and Doojoon.”

                “How come? Aren’t you the interviewer?!” I asked.

                “Yeah, but you’re the only one who successed enter this division.”

                Since that day, I started to consider Junhyung as myown co-workers and don’t even feel burdened about him being nice to me. We really started to became friend, well actually it was me who started to consider him as one now (since he was a CEO before).

***

                It was at one night when our company held a party, and every employee have to attend it. That night everyone were drunk, except for some people who didn’t drank alcohol, like me. Like everyday, that day the employee from our division sat together and as usual, I sat beside Junhyung.

                “Ja, everybody bottoms up!” Doojoon said to everybody with an excited face. And everyone held their glass that already filled with alcoholic liquid up high, “cheers!” and everyone drank their drink in one-shot, except for me I only had a gulp of it.

                “Ya, Yoseob, why didn’t you drink yours?” I heard one of the other employee asked.

                “I- I just don’t drink alcohol.” I answered, and it lead to the point when every other employee cheered ‘Drank it! Drank it!’. “B- but...”. Before I finished my sentence, I saw Junhyung already took my glass and drank it all the way.

                “I’ll be his black knight.” He said suddenly, and some of the employee are cheering.

                That night leads to the situation where everyone were drunk, and keep asking for another drink. “Ya, stop it already, you drank like 6 bottles already!”.

                “Ah.. It’s you, Yoseob.” He said, of course he was so drunk. “Since I’m your black knight, you must granted my wish!”.

                “What is it? Tell me your wish, I’ll granted it.” I said. I’ll granted it for real, since he already done so much fo me. At least I’ll help him just for once.

                “Be my boyfriend.” He said, it was just those three words, but I already shocked when he heard it, I just didn’t expect that Junhyung would ask for such thing.

                “I’m- I’m sorry, I can’t granted your wish right now, I just needed some time to thought about it, I’m sorry.” I said, and as I looked up, Junhyung’s face already looked so sad.

 

                It was the morning after the party last night, as usual, I awake at 7 AM and quickly took a bath, change my clothes and eating my breakfast, the only difference was, as I walked out of my house, there’s no Junhyung who waiting for me with a coffee and sandwich in his hand. Is it because of last night. Well it just felt so different without his presence this morning, it just felt like there’s something missing. So, I went to the office by bus.

                As I arrived at the office and sat at my table, I saw a coffee and sandwich infront of me. “Sorry, I was late today, so i didn’t pick you up today.” He said, ah its him. Then suddenly I remembered about what he said last night ‘Be my boyfriend’. It just remind me of how sad he look last night. It just so awkward for me to look at him.

                “It- It’s okay” I mumbled, looking at the sandwich, coffee, or somwhere else, trying to avoid his eyes. It wasn’t only is eyes, I was just wanted to avoid him that day. So, whenever Junhyung tried to make a conversation with me I answered him with a ‘sorry, I’m busy right now’, and I also going to have lunch with the other employee instead with him.

                But it doesn’t mean I compeletely avoiding him, sometimes when we are working together in our own table I took a look at him, just to have me feeling my heart beating, fast, and my face blushed. Maybe it was because what he say last night or maybe it because I felt guilty towards him. Just to realize that he had such handsome feature on his face– his brown eyes, pointed nose, and heart shaped lips for example. Aish, Yang Yoseop! Focus on your job!.

***

                Today, I woke up earlier than I usually do, looking at my clock, it was only 5 AM in the morning. It’s still too early for me to take a bath, since the air was so cold, it’s still too early for me to make a breakfast, since it’ll turn cold, so I just sat on the sofa and turn on the TV while drinking some mineral water. I wasn’t actually paying attention to the show, I was actually thinking about what Junhyung said to me back then. Then, I heard soun of rain drop from outside of my house. “Ah.. It’s going to be rain again today.” I complained.

                I looked at the clock again as I finished to put on my clothes. It’s 7.30 A.M. already. “I better go to office now before the busses are full” I mumbled before I took my umbrella and run out of my house to the bus station.

                As soon as I arrived at the office, I placed my umbrella at the umbrella holder that available infront of our division. So, I quickly put my umbrella at an available place, then I walked to my table. I looked again at my watch. I guess I was too early today. Even Junhyung, who usually appear before me haven’t come to work. Maybe he was waiting for me again– no way! Yoseob, stop thinking of random things!. It was when I was realized that he already sitting in front of me, waving his hand in front of my face. “Hey, Yoseob? Are you okay?”

                “O-oh?” It was when I realized tht his face is so close to mine, I think I’m blushing right now. Turning away, I answered an “I’m okay,” to him.

                “Is everything alright? Why are you keep avoiding me these days?” He asked.

                “E- Everything is alright. I- I’m not avoiding you, I’m just busy these days.” I said, typing random things.

                “Really? I can’t even read what are you typing right now” stupid me. I’m blushing again. Aisssh..

                “I- I-.. I gotta go to the toilet” I said as I runaway to the toilet. I could heard him giggled at me. Ahh.. he might think that I’m being stupid right now, I thought as I rolled my eyes. “Yoseob.. relax..” I said to myself in the toilet. Then, i walked out of the toilet. As I arrived at my table, Junhyung was no longer at his place.

                “Y- Yoseob!” I heard Doojoon called my name. “Can you help me to buy these things from the mini market? I got to go somewhere.”. I answered him with an ‘okay’.

                I quickly run out to the lobby just to realized that the weather is still rainy outside, so I ran back to the office just to see someone had taken my umbrella and walked out with it. Then, I looked at the umbrella holder and saw there’s a similiar umbrella just placed next to the place where my umbrella placed before. “Not again..” I mumbled, then run out with the similiar umbrella, to get back my umbrella. But the person was gone, so I quickly go to the mini market, hoping that I’ll find the person who took my umbrella.

                Luckily, after I bought the stuff Doojoon asked me to, I found him–the person who took my umbrella. “Excuse me.” I ran to them, hearing my voice, they turn back to look at me. “J- Junhyung? Doojoon?” It’s the name I could say as I look at the person who hold my umbrella.

                “What is it?” He asked.

                “That.. That’s my umbrella” I said. I started to feel it again- blushing again, my heart start beating fast again. “D- did you see the name tag?” I asked, avoiding his eyes.

                “Sorry, you know, my friend, Doojoon here he insist me to just take this umbrella, since I forgot which one is my umbrella.” De javu. I think I’ve had this memory before. But where is it? When is it?. “Sorry. Here’s your umbrella.” Then, we exchanged our umbrella.

                “T- Thanks” I said, looking at the ground, still avoiding his eyes, walk quickly to the office. “S- see you at theoffice later.”

                                                                                                ***                         

                Sitting in the bus, looking outside, I thought again about what my answer to him. It’s a week already, and I haven’t give him my answer, I thought again about myown feeling towards him.Do I like him?. The bus stopped infront of the office and I quickly got off the bus.

                Just as I arrived at my table I saw him looking at me, waving his hand at me. I felt it again, I felt my cheek burning, heart beating fast that I didn’t usually felt when I’m around him. I think I have my answer right now. “J- Junhyung?” He answered me with a ‘hm?’. “Do you have some time today? I’d like to talk to you.”

                “Sure. I always have free time. When do you want to talk to me. You better tell it sooner.” He said.

                “Y- you’re right. I- I.. I.. Imma just talk you now.” I said. “Well.. Junhyung, about what you said in the office party last week, I think.. Well, maybe I could grant it.”

                “What did I say?” He asked. He defenetely forgot about it already.

                “A- about  the black knight wish... Did you forgot that already?” I asked. I start to blushed, embarassing. This is really embarassing.

                “What wish?” He asked.

                “N- Nothing..” I answer. Embarassing.I’m really embarassed by what I’m doing right now. “It’s nothing, Junhyung. Just forget about it” I turned my head again, to avoid his eyes.

                “No. Tell me about it. I’m your black knight after all.” He said. “You have to grant your black knight wish. That’s how it work, right?!”.

                “It’s.. Can’t you just change it?” I felt my cheek burning, I’m too embarassed to say that, that it felt like I want to cry. “Di- didn’t you wish me to- to.. to became your boy... friend?”.  “I- I.. I think I could grant it to- today.”

                I saw Junhyung was smiled when he heard me saying that. It wasn’t the one he usually had, this time it was even wider that he usually had. “Are you saying that.. you agreed to be my boyfriend?!” I nodded. “Really?” I nodded again. “Thank you, Yoseob!” He hugged me and I smiled. I’m sure this is a right decision to make.

***

Tokyo, Spring season 2012

                It’s almost a year ago since me and Junhyung started dating.  Right now we’re having our holiday in Tokyo. Leaning on his chest on the bench under the sakura tree. “Did you know, we sat under sakura like this, just reminds me of my parents story that they told me every time we went to Japan.”

                “What story?”

                “Well, they told me the story about they how they met eachother.” I said. “My mom told me that it was on a spring season, just like this, my mom was on vacation to Japan, she was lost and she thought my father is a Japanese, so she asked him, well my father was standing under a sakura tree. My mom asked him how to get to her hotel, but that time my father really at speaking Japanese, so he answered to her in korean saying ‘I’m sorry I’m not a Japanese’. Well, my dad told me at that time he already fallen by my mother’s charm, then 2 months later they met eachother again at the university.”

                As I was back into the reality, I realized he was looking at me directly into my eyes, and smiling. “Wae?” I asked him. He just shook his head while mouthing ‘Nothing’. “Ah.. speaking about Japan, it reminds me of 2 years ago. Well, it wasn’t about my parents though it suddenly passed in my mind. So, 2 years ago. It was spring seasong, and it was a heavy rain here. So we are searching for a place to take shelter, but I had my umbrella swapped with someone else, that person also have exactly the same umbrella, just like yours and mine. The funny thing was, he was also saying the same reason as yours about his friend insist to take my umbrella.”

                “Wait- is it on a cafe-.” We stared at each other eyes before we giggled. “So, it’s you? It’s really you..”

                “Well, I guess it’s a destiny for us to meet eachother again, just like your parents does”

                Well I guess I found my own unique love story to tell to my children soon. Meeting my love because of swapped umbrella.

 

BEFORE YOU READ THE BONUS PART!!

I just want to tell you guys that this part wasn't so important it just giving you the other story from Junhyung's point of view (POV), nothing so new about this part so, if you want to skip it, just feel free to do so, since there's nothing new from that part

 


*.BONUS.*

Junhyung POV

                Just by looking at him beside me it already made me very happy. Looking at him telling all his story and talking about past to me speaking about the past,  I suddenly remembered the time where I thought I met him for the first time– no, not in Japan. It was at the bus stop. It was the day I thought was my very-unlucky-day. And I suddenly met him, he was the one who made me to think that it wasn’t my unlucky day but my very-lucky-day.

Flashback

                It was a really a bad day. My car was broken because of an accident, and my hyung suddenly walked out of his room this morning asking me to be his subtitute for three days. “Aish.. What’s Jaesoon hyung’s problem?!” I complained.

                “Junhyung-ah, are you ready? You could ride my car too, but of course with my driver. Because, you know.. if you drive my car I’m afraid you’ll got into accident and broke my car too” My hyung  said. What? Yey, free ride.

                “Eyy, what is your problem hyung, aish..” I said as I walked out and wear my suit. “Well, at least I could get a free ride.”

                “Ah, yeah. I almost forget. Today we have a job interview, I believe in you, dongsaeng, our style matched eachother” he said and ruffling my hair.

                “Mwo? H- hyung, are you just saying that I’ll be interviewing the new employee?!” I asked, and my hyung nodded. “Aaahh.. It’ll be boring” I complained once again and I heard him chuckled. “Hey! Don’t laugh at me!”.

***

                It was rainy outside, lucky me because my brother allow me to ride his car. On the way to the office, I was caught by a boy who’s just got out af the bus ready to cross the street. “Ahjussi, drop me here, please.”

                “But, sir, we haven’t arrived at our destination yet.”

                “It’s okay, ahjussi, it’s just across the street.” I said before get off the car an run to the bus stop to see the boy. “Excuse me, are you heading to the CUBE Company?” I asked and he answered a yes. “Can I also go there with you? I forgot my umbrella.” And he answered me with an okay.

                As soon as I arrived at the office, I rushed to the interview room. Everything are boring, untill I saw that number. “Number 159, Yang Yoseop sshi”. It was the boy I saw at the bus stop. At that time, I already marked him to be accepted as an employee, even before he answered the question that were given by the others. “Tell him to meet me after the interview is over” I whispered to Dujun who’s sitting next to me. And he nodded as an ‘okay’.

                I only wanted to told him that I was want to thank him. But I think, I already liked him, just by looking at his eyes.

                As I saw him walking out of the room, I thought to give a surprise by picking him up tomorrow.

***

                Today I finally decided to picked him out. I started by waking up so early which I didn’t usually did– at 5 A.M. and I even asked and begging my hyung to let me use his car today. And I read his resume once more to know where’s his address, and quickly drove to his house. Just as I arrived infront of his house, I receive a call. “Junhyung-ah, it’s Hyung, I just want to tell you that tomorrow I’ll be back to the company, so today it’s your last day to be my subtitute, thanks for helping me.”.

                “No problem, Hyung,” Then, I hung up, as I hung up the phone, I saw Yoseob walk out of his house, and looking surprised when he saw me inside the car. “How cute.” I mumbled unconsciously as I saw him walked out of the gate and opened the car’s door. “Good morning, Yang Yoseop sshi, ready for your first day to work?” still looking surprised at me he nodded, cute.

                Today was my last day of being CEO, my second day to meet him, and I think I already fallen for him, just for a short time– just for two days meeting him. And I want to see him everyday, I want to meet him everyday, that’s why I had made my mind to do it. I’m going to ask– no beg him about it later.

 

                So, tonight, I decided to talk about it to hyung. So, here I am, standing in front of hyung’s room ready to knock on his door. “Hyung” I called him from outside of the door. When I heard his voice from the inside of the room saying come in, I immediatelly walked inside his room. “Hyung can’t I work in the company?”

                “You want to work?! Of course you could my little dongsaeng! I’m going to search a good position there!” He said, excited.

                “No need for a good position, hyung. Just like an ordinary employee. Hm.. I want to work at Yoon Doojoon department!” I said.

                “Are you sure about that?!” He ask. Pssh, as if he thought I would never do it.

                “Yes. I am” as long as I could meet Yang Yoseop everyday, I’ll do it voluntary, I’ll enjoy it!

***

                Today we have a company party, and here I am sitting on our division table, right beside Yang Yoseop. I was just wanted to start a conversation with Yoseop when I heard Doojoon’s voice. “Ja, everybody bottoms up”. And everyone are drinking their drink until their glass were empty, except for Yang Yoseop who just barely drank a mouthful of the drink.  I guess he can’t handle alcoholic drink. When I heard everyone are cheering for him to drank the drink until his glass was empty, it was like my reflect to quickly take his drink and drink it all, and then saying “I’ll be his black knight”.

 

                I was very drunk when I saw Yoseob next to me nagging that I shoudn’t drink any of those alcoholic liquid. It was when I told him my wish. “Be my boyfriend” then, everything is black.

***

                Today, I finally had my car back from the workshop. Finally, I thought as I saw the engineer giving his last touch to make the car as good as the new one. “Thank you, Mr. Song. It looks just as good as a new one. Just like the one I asked” I said to him as I take a look at my car. Then I look at my watch again, hoping that I still had time to pick Yoseop up, but “Ah.. I’m late” I mumbled when I saw my watch showed that it’s already 07.30 A.M.

                I immediately headed to the office to see Yoseop. As soon as I arrived at the office, I found him sitting at his table, looking compeletely blank, so I’m waving my hands in front of his face, “Yang Yoseop. Ya, wake up!”. Maybe he was disturbed by my voice, he suddenly “Sorry, I was late today, so I didn’t pick you up”

                He answered me with a soft ‘it’s okay’. And then, he quickly look away. Did I just did something wrong? Was he mad because I didn’t picked him up today? Was there something wrong?, those thoughts were just filling my head as I saw him trying to avoid me, not just this morning. Even when I had eye contact with him just for a second, he’d quickly look away.  

***

                It’s been a week since he was started to avoiding me. “J- Junhyung..” Today, I started to hear his voice again, but not a startled or surprised one, it sounds more like a nervous one. So I mumbled as the answer to him. “Do you have some time today? I’d like to talk to you.”

                Of course I’ll always time for him, every single day. “Well.. Junhyung, about what you said in the office party last week, I think.. Well, maybe I could grant it.”.

                “What did I say?” I didn’t forgot about it. I wasn’t actually playing with him by pretending that I’m not remembered about what I said to him that night. I just can’t believe that he was willing to grant it.

                “About the black knight wish” If I wasn’t pretending that I was forgotten about what I said to him that day, I’d hug or kiss him immediately but I still can’t believe it.

                “What is it about?” I asked this once again to make sure that my memories didn’t play a wrong one.

                “It’s.. Can’t you just change it?!” Right now his face was in deep pink making him look cute with his pouting lips, he looks completely just like a little kids, and now his eyes was teary, because of maybe his shyness, so cute, just like a little kid. “Di- didn’t you wish me to- to.. to became your boy... friend. I think I could grant it.”

                Smiling wide, holding his face with my hand, “Are you saying that you agreed to become my boyfriend.” He looked at me with his round eyes and nodded his head. “Really?” Once again, he nodded. Smiled wider, I hugged him, I could felt that he’s slight surprised when I suddenly hugged him. “Thank you Yoseop, thank you.”

Flashback End

                “Cold?” I asked him. He shook his head, saying no. “But your hands felt so cold. We better get back to the hotel before you get cold or something, okay?” He smiled at me and nodded just like a little kid. “Hold my hand.” And never let go.

                I could even imagine tour future together, me and Yoseop. Me and him cuddling, living together, having our own children, playing with our children and telling about how we meet each other to our children. I’m sure Yoseop would’ve been so excited to tell it just as much as he is excited telling about his parents.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS STORY! ^^

I'm sorry for updating later than I promised, and sorry for the not-so-important bonus, and the too long story. also sorry if this story is too boring, but above all of these weaknesses of the story,

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE STORY!!