Liar!

Liar Liar

Yewon chewed her bread unwillingly. She was dead bored. Beside her, Jiho and Yoobin were discussing something related to algebra. They even brought textbooks on the restaurant’s table. Once she complained, the two older girls told her that if she was going to face suneung, she would understand.

“Yah! Yo! Hello, peasant! OMG comes to town!”

Yewon’s smile rose. She waved her hand to the girls that just arrived. Mihyun, the one who shouted, put her sunglasses on even she was already indoor and acted like she got swagger. Behind her, Hyojung smiled all the way they walked, followed by Shia and her dolly features, Seunghee who looked rather scared, and Hyejin that remained calm. They seated at her table, facing the three. Seunghee sat beside Yewon.

“You’re finally arrived. You don’t know how it feels to be here... the table was large and they... they are boring,” Yewon started complaining, resulting Jiho and Yoobin stopped awhile and gave her dark look.

“We all did...,” Hyejin replied.

“Except Seunghee and Mihyun,” Hyojung added.

“At least I made it,” Mihyun defended herself.

“I hate that kind of person. The type that too good to exist.” 

Hyejin was sure the last was Jiho’s. She glanced at the younger; the said person was buzy flipping some pages of the book.

“Hey, why don’t we play a game while waiting?” Seunghee suggested.
    
“OK,” Shia played her mug.

“The game is ‘Guess The Liar’! Since Yewon arrived first, she’ll guess who’s the liar among us,” said Hyojung. Yewon was going to ask why did they come late but the elders gathered to discuss the game and she was ignored... again, for the umpteenth time.

“Yewon-ah?”

“Uh, yeah, Hyejin eonnie....”

“Can we start?” Hyejin turned to Yewon, followed by the others, “There are liars among us. The liars will tell you wrong statement. Guess who are the liars based on their statements.”

“How many are the liars?”

“You guess. They may be two, three, or all of us, or none....”

Yewon nodded, “I get it. But why logic game? You all are study-”

Shia raised her hand, “I’ll be first. I say ‘Hyejin and Hyojung are honest’. Mihyun, what’s yours?”

“Hyojung and Seunghee aren’t liars.”    

“Hyejin is lying,” said Hyojung, earning a did-you-just-accuse-your-friend glance by Jiho and Yewon. 

“One of the liars may be Mihyun or Shia, but not both,” stated Seunghee.

“Shia’s statement is right,” said Hyejin.

Yewon looked at them, “I have solved the quiz. Seunghee eonnie’s statement is annoying but she’s right.”  

“Oh, our little Yewon is acting. I bet our game is too easy for her, right?” replied Seunghee with a bit sarcasm. But soon she laughed heartily, her dark aura dissappeared, “OK, then, who are the liars?”

“You! And you!” Yewon’s right hand pointed at Shia, the other hand directed to Hyejin. The accused girls chuckled; Shia pulled out something under her mug and Hyejin unhid her hands from back.

“You guessed it right. Here, have these little gift from us,” Mihyun casually took the things from their hands and passed it to Yewon. 

“This is why were you all late,” Yewon examined the gift, then silently giggling. The elders looked at each other, relieved.

“Does she really like it? They are just photocards,” asked Shia.

“The best gift for a fangirl is anything related to her oppa,” Mihyun sighed, “and we have finished playing game but our meals haven’t arrived yet.”