CHAPTER 1

IMAGINARY LOVE

IMAGINATION HAS NO LIMITATIONS.

Dara's POV

 

"Imagination"

What is its meaning? It is synonymous to daydreaming? Or is it different? My thoughts were suddenly cut off by the school bell. Recess is my favorite subject in school and I love all of its branches (morning recess, lunch, afternoon recess) In this case, it's afternoon recess. We have two remaining subjects after this thirty-minute break so I'll definitely use this time to energize myself since it's going to be Mathematics and Science, and both of them lasts an hour long. Great. My favorite subjects in the universe. Yey. -_-

I didn't realize I blurted out what I was thinking earlier so my classmate to my right, Minzy, suddenly answered my silly question right after the bell rang. She has short black hair and dark brown eyes. She always wore fake glasses because she thinks they are cool and funky. I actually think it looks cute on her.

“It’s imagining the future,” she whispered to me as if we were doing some kind of an illegal conversation.

“Why are you whispering?” I asked her.

“Oh, you know it’s me? I was trying to act like a mini voice inside your head just to play with you,” she held up a peace sign when she saw me about to throw a book at her.

She took a bag of chips inside her bag and tried opening it. I saw she was struggling a bit so I helped her. After successfully opening it, I gave it back to her.

“Thanks,” she uttered gratefully. I just smiled at her.

I took the baked biscuits inside my bag and my water bottle. I was already salivating just by the thought of eating it.

The outside of the biscuit is rice based, but the inside is the most delicious filling I’ve ever tasted!  It’s a sweet, paste-like center made from pumpkin powder and other flavoring. The filling is so sweet that I think I need to eat another one but with no filling just to lessen its sweetness a bit. They come individually wrapped and that’s the upsetting part. Why not sell it in a pack? Just sell it like a bag of chips and the manufacturer’s earnings would skyrocket! Seriously, if they don’t do that, I’ll beat Minzy up with a bunch of biscuits. I’m surprised I haven’t done that yet. Violent thoughts, shoo! Go away!

As I was eating my food, Bommie, my seatmate at my left and my best friend, suddenly brought her face near mine and cupped while leaning into my ear.

“Dara, can I copy your answers in our homework?” she shyly asked.

“What homework?” I asked her back while munching my biscuits. I don’t remember doing any assignment last night. Unless......

 

“You don’t have answers too? Yey! I’m not alone!” she suddenly exclaimed. Relief was written all over her face. This is not good.

“What??? When was it given to us? What subject?” Oh boy.

“Last Wednesday, I think. It’s Math, girl. I don’t know the fricken answers! I’m doomed!” she dramatically said.

Motherfc-

“Retard!” TOP suddenly materialized before us with his food under his armpits while holding two cups of juice in his hands. Ulk! I won’t eat his food even if he offers it to me. Who knows what disease I might get?!

 He’s sitting at the front row but I think he came here because of Bommie’s loud voice.

“What homework are you talking about?” he asked Bom while sipping his drink. He gave me the other cup of juice and I muttered my thanks.

“It’s Bom, TOP, not retard.” She rolled her eyes on him. Kekeke

“Retard” he still called her.

“Well, it’s our Math homework, the subject where you at.” She shot back. Woah..... I can smell the freshly brewed fight with an ounce of aggravation. My bet is on Bommie.

“Chill, retard.” he said while smirking. I can literally see smoke coming out of The Bominator’s ears and nose. Seriously, if he doesn’t shut up, Bom might hurl his a$$ out of the window. She actually did that last year because a boy said she doesn’t fit in our class. She ended up being in detention. *sigh

“What’s nine times seven?” she asked him, obviously trying to make him see that she was right.

“Wait.....uhmmm,” TOP began computating in his head. I just knew he’ll give us a wrong answer.

“.....Fifty....no, not fifty....six...sixty.....sixty-two......sixty-three.....sixty-four....” he mumbled. I chuckled at the two because they’re always like this. TOP calling Bom a retard and Bom degrading TOP’s low IQ and Math skills. I munched on my biscuits again while staring at TOP who is obviously hopeless.

“Sixty-seven, retard. Ha!” he boastfully answered. Bom and I began laughing so hard that we took the attention of the other students in the classroom.

“You stupid dunce! That’s not the right answer pwahahahahahaha!!!” Bom laughed at his embarrassed face. My face is already red from laughing too much too. Pwahahahahaha seriously? Sixty-seven? We’re already in the eighth grade and he still doesn’t know his times tables? Pwahahahahaha

“Aisht!!” TOP snatched Bom’s cup of corn and began eating it. Kekeke that’s one way to start a fight with Bom. Here comes The Bominator!

“HEY! THAT’S MY FXXKING CORN YOU IMBECILE!” she stopped laughing and suddenly lunged at him and began pulling his hair in different directions. I knew it! Hahaha Go Bommie!!!! I was just sitting there, sipping my drink while watching the two bicker and fight. It’s entertaining to watch actually. This is my only entertainment at recess everyday.

“GODDAMNIT! DON’T PULL MY HAIR!”

“GIVE ME MY FUXXING CORN AND I’LL LET YOU GO!”

“NO WAY! YOU EMBARRASSED ME AGAIN!”

“IT’S NOT MY FAULT YOU’RE BRAINLESS!” I continued eating my biscuits while watching them. This, my friends, is normal for everyone in our classroom. Almost everybody knows TOP is only teasing Bom because he’s afraid to confess his feelings for her. Poor poor bingu.

“ALL YOU DO IS EAT CORN. YOU LOOK FAT ALREADY! OWW!”

“ALL YOU KNOW IS HOW TO FLIRT WITH OTHER GIRLS! YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW YOUR TIMES TABLES!

“IT’S NOT MY FAULT THEY FIND ME CHARMING AND HANDSOME!” Bom began pulling his ear while simultaneously trying to snatch her cup of corn back that TOP is hiding behind his back.

“DIM-WITTED! YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE ABS! AND YOURS IS LIKE THE SIZE OF MY PINKY FINGER” (if you know what I mean...  )

“NO IT’S FUXXING NOT! YOURS ARE LIKE THE SIZE OF EGGS!” (again, if you know what I mean...)

“GIVE ME MY GODDAMNIT CORN!”

“OWWW!!! STOP HITTING MY BACK! FUXXING STOP YOU STUPID AND FAT AHJUMMA!”

“OH NO YOU DIDN’T!!!”

“SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP HER!”

 Bommie was already straddling him while strangling him. Hahaha Poor TOP. I can already visualize the impending danger we might get into if this continues. All eyes are glued to us already. I don't want to be seen with them! Mommy! Help! 

*breathe in *breathe out

Alright, alright. It’s time to stop this nonsense fight.

“Bommie, stop it.” I tried to pacify her but to no avail. I looked at my classmates with droopy eyes trying to get to their compassionate side. I look like a fuxxing mother with two idiotic kids fighting before me. 

"Bommie..." I pleaded. She really won't stop huh? This is the part where the beast within me is unleashed.

"BOM!" I snapped. SERIOUSLY? JUST FUXXING STOP!

Minzy suddenly extended her arm holding a cup of corn. 

“Here, Bom.” Minzy said while looking at TOP pitifully.

It was like magic, really. The way Bom turned from a freaking girl Godzilla to an innocent looking lamb is beyond me. Thank heavens for Minzy.

“Oww... “ TOP muttered painfully. I could only stare at him with my eyes mirroring my concern. Oh, Bom. When will you give him a chance? Almost everyone is saying straight to your face that he likes you. Why couldn’t you see that? At least you have a boy liking you. Unlike me, he doesn’t even notice me.

“Yey! Thanks Minzy!” she thanked her and took the cup of corn gratefully.

“Yah! Retard! Thanks to you I have a bruise on my back and a scratch on my face!” TOP uttered irritatedly.

“Good for you. Bleh!” she mockingly said. Aisht these two! 

They're really testing my patience which is by the way already on the level of knowing that you're hungry as hell and you've just ordered your pizza but the waiter said that it takes about 45 minutes to one hour to make your freaking pizza. I'm gonna sue this restaurant. I swear to God.

"Aisht we don’t even have a homework in Math,” TOP said, almost looking alleviated.

“Say what?” that caught my attention.  I looked at him, urging him to continue.

“Our teacher said that he’s going to check that on Monday. Today’s Friday so you don’t have to worry about it. We're just going to have a discussion today, don't you remember?” TOP asked whilst nursing his back and his right ear.

“We’ve been saved!” Bommie suddenly exclaimed.

I breathed a sound of relief the moment I heard TOP’s explanation. Phew! That was a close one!

“Anyways, why do you suddenly look out of place in English awhile ago? You were staring at nothing and for a second there, I thought your soul left your body and went to Mars to find an alien body to invade.” Bommie asked out of curiosity. Maybe she noticed my immobile self.

"Oh, that's nothing." I tried to convinced her. I don't know why but I'm not in the mood to talk about it. Maybe because they'll think I'm stupid for thinking about such absurd questions.

"Come on, tell me tell me!" she tried again.

"She asked herself what is the meaning of the word 'imagination' out loud" Minzy suddenly explained beside me. Thanks Minzy.

"Imagination? hmmmmmm....." she propped her chin at the palm of her hands, seemingly deep in thought.

"Hey guys!" Bringing her snack and bottled water with her, Chaerin suddenly sat beside Minzy and joined in the conversation.

"Wassup?" she asked.

"Cl, what's the meaning of the word 'imagination'?" TOP asked her. She was shocked with the sudden question but nonetheless answered him.

"I don't know," she replied.

With CL known to be popular, my classmates followed her all the way towards us. They joined in the conversation also.

It's weird that we're having this topic though. I mean, we're 8th graders.  We should be gossiping about boys, teachers behind their backs, etc. 

It suddenly became the topic of conversation in our class. Maybe at least one third of our section got interested in the discussion. The Chaerin magic~~ They then started spouting what they think is its meaning.

 

"Imagining is nothing but a stupid habit of people who are desperate for something not likely to happen!" one girl, the one behind CL said,  obviously irritated. Well I'm sorry Miss Walrus Imbecile. Let me make it up to you by showing my a$$ that doesn't care. I swear she looks like a walrus. -_-

 

"It's stupid." now, the popular boy spoke. He just smirked. Maybe he only said that so as not to look uncool in front of the other students.

 

"I don't know. I don't even know what 'gratitude' means." Okay......... Thank you for sharing your thoughts...

 

"It's not even important to know it's meaning." one boy (I think) uttered. Is he a boy or a girl? Oh, he’s gay. Thanks, Birl. (boy + girl = birl)

 

"It's fuxxing unimportant." Uhmmmm.... sir, when did I ask for your definition about it? Was it last Tuesday or Monday? When was it again, sir? I can't really remember. I'm deeply sorry.

Well, now that everbody is sharing their definition of it, might as well share my definition of it too.

"Imagining is often misinterpreted as visualizing things that are never likely to happen. In actuality, Imagining is forming an image or event/s inside your head that you aspire to happen in reality. I know you might think that's it's the same meaning as the first one that I have mentioned. But it's different. This Imagining thing, for me, may actually happen if you think and envisage it multiple times in your head." I said, my thoughts out in the open.

Weird, right? Hahaha Yeah, I know. I thought so. 

 

"You're stupid to think about it that way." one boy said.

"No, she's not stupid. I actually think that her definition is my definition of it also." he said.

My heart started to race. Why is he saying that? Doesn't he think that I'm stupid to think about it that way? Why is it only now that he noticed me? Well, not really noticed me but why is it only now that he knew I existed?

 


 Hey guys! It's short, I know. I was afraid to post this. hhuhuhuhuhuhuhu But let's see if I'll continue the story if I have good feedbacks! Let me know what you think! :) I actually don't have any planned plot for this kekekeke I'll plan the story as I go on writing it huheuehuheue
Do you want chappie two? 
 
Thanks karyllespiritu for my very first comment! I appreciate it very much :)
 
Comment, subcribe and upvote!
 
PPYONG~~!!!^^