01 | spilled milk

Spilled Milk || SugaKookie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01

s p i l l e d   m i l k

 

"Hyung!" Yoongi heard someone call and he looked up at him over the newspaper he was reading.

"There's something in the mail for you," Jungkook tossed him some envelops before waltzing to the bench and gulping down his glass of milk.

"Good boy," Yoongi commented, laughing at his urgency to get the milk down his throat. "Milk makes you strong."

"I know, I know, which is why you've made me have a glass everyday."

"Ahh these are just bills," Yoongi scoffed, ing the papers onto the coffee table, "This is too much for me," he made out before he could catch the words and put them back in his mouth.

He quickly looked to Jungkook to see if he had heard him, and he did.

"I'm sorry I'm a handful hyung," he said, his shoulders drooping too low for Yoongi's liking.

"No, no, no," Yoongi suddenly felt a wave of protectiveness fill him at that moment, looking at the way Jungkook seemed so vulnerable right then. "I didn't mean it in that way," Yoongi went over to Jungkook and pat his jet black hair down, "You're the complete opposite of a handful," he sighed, "It's me whose incompetent."

"It's gonna be hard to go through this life alone hyung, but we can do it together," Jungkook smiled and draped an arm over Yoongi's shoulder.

"Yes, punk, yes we can."

 

       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       

 

Namjoon to Bangtan Chatroom: Pizza at 7?

Jungkook's eyes widened at the text and he ran down the stairs.

"Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!" he burst, reaching Yoongi.

"Mm?"

"Namjoon hyung wants to meet up today," Jungkook said eagerly.

Yoongi's smile faltered as his eyes landed on his empty wallet on the coffee table.

"Uh-huh," he slowly nodded, not knowing if he should tell Jungkook.

"Should I text back a yes?"

"Isn't it our turn to pay Jungkook-ah?" Yoongi asked slowly.

"I think it is, yeah," Jungkook nodded, smiling but dropped it a few seconds later, realising what his hyung was hinting at.

"Do we... not have enough?" he asked slowly.

"Uh Jungkook-ah..."

"But I remembered putting in 200 bucks from my payday two days ago!"

Yoongi sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. How was he going to tell Jungkook what he did at night? How was he going to tell Jungkook he lost all that money trying to get more?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter