[2] ROUND ONE

▲ULZZANG 101▲ Season 1 ~ OPEN!

Finally! It's here. For those who couldn't wait and just want to get started already. This round is NO elimination round yet and this is basically 'step 2' of signing up for the contest. You have already made your blog post, but of course you have no official promotional images for it yet. In this round you'll be making these.

ROUND ONE___"White Angels" This is basically just a sign up round and no one will be eliminated yet. For this round you have to photograph yourself twice. One close up and one shot in which the upper body can be seen as well, so it's a bit more zoomed out. (Just to make clear: A zoomed out portrait is where the upper body is visible and it is NOT a full body shot where you see your legs and feet!) There must a clear difference between them! The main rule for this round is that your background is all white and your outfit should be gray. These portraits will be your main images in the participants index at the first chapter, so please pick yours wisely! Good luck, everyone.

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS___"What if you don't have a white background?" You don't have to make your portraits at home. You could visit a friend's place or maybe somewhere in school or at work. There's litereally no excuse, since the whole wide world should have walls like these somewhere. Tip: You could also try a bright-colored (as long as its white or close to white) wallpaper or piece of fabric for this.
"What if I don't have gray clothing?" Only gray, pastel-colored and white clothing is allowed. Just no extreme colors or black clothing please. Tip: You could borrow something from your friends or family if you must.
"Does the fabric have to be egally gray or are patterns allowed?" To be short: No patterns are preferred, but if you really must please do make sure it's no extreme noticle pattern. Thank you.
"Do I directly upload my portraits for round one onto my own blog post profile?" Please do not post them online just yet and please sumbit the photos first via the link down below. Because the host will edit on a logo first and she will adjust the images where needed. This is the main and only reason and this way all pictures will be simular in color balance, brightness, sharpness and size. Thanks for understanding.

Ready to hand in your files? Please click here to submit. Good luck to everyone!

EXAMPLE OF A CLOSE UP PORTRAIT:

EXAMPLE OF A ZOOMED OUT PORTRAIT: