One

Generous (Minho)

“it’s not in my pocket!” you cried, patting your pockets from the front to the back. You had completely forgot about it until you were about to stand up infront of the counter, checking out two ice cream cones for you and your boyfriend. You almost panicked, but then thankfully Jinki came to the rescue, handing the money to the overly-grumpy man behind the cash register before he could dump the order into the trash.

“have you checked in your bag again? Maybe it was slipped into somewhere, like what Taemin used to did.” Key looked up at you for a moment before rummaging through your bag again to check for your Louis Vuitton purse that he had given to you on your 20th birthday.

“hey! Atleast I found my passport!” Taemin pouted, but still biting onto the straw of his smoothie while peering over the bag too, trying to look for your missing purse. You shook your head and try to rack your brain all over again, trying to guess on where you have left that thing.

But to your dismay, Key and Taemin unsuccessfully found your purse, which makes you even more mopey over this thing.

“it’s a vacation, and I forgot to bring that one exact thing I needed whenever I go out. I’m so stupid!” you moaned. You had given your ice cream to Jinki and Minho, due to out of panic state. And it’s too late for you to retrieve it back from Jinki when he had gobble it up like a monster. Oh well, there’s always next time.

“maybe you had left it at home. Call your sister.” Key tried being positive. He should be, when he’s already freaking out inside over the overly high priced branded missing purse that was his birthday gift to you. It’s not about the overly pricey cost of that purse, but it’s because he knew how you would be much more insane in losing something that precious.

And of course, you’re far away from home, with your boyfriend and his 4 friends on a getaway across the country, who wouldn’t be freaking out over that?

 

“arasso. Thank you unnie.” You hung up, sighing. Not sure to be in relief or what. Coming back into the hotel room where the others are sprawled all over the bed, watching sports news for a moment before their attention was on you.

“well?” Jonghyun commented, having to see you not panic again. Minho sat up on the bed, patting the space infront of him asking you to sit with him and you obliged.

“Unnie said that my purse is at home. She tried calling me so we can turn back and get it, but we’re in a rush to the airport so..” you shrugged, sitting and leaning your back on your boyfriend’s hard chest. Arms slipped around your waist, knotting with the materials of your tank top while listening intently.

“atleast it’s at home. If you lost it here, who knows what could have happened. Ids, cards and money..” Key pat his chest in relief, knowing that it was under control. You hummed but look at your lap, fiddling with your fingers while the rest are tuned back in to the tv for some other entertainment.

 

You sighed again. As much as you wanted to buy that overly cute pair of jeans and sunny t-shirt right now, you don’t have money. Well it would work if you got your card, but it would be stuffed inside the purse too. you couldn’t buy an ice cream cone without coins even! How would you want to buy this insanely cute jeans and shirt that caught your eyes right now? Maybe you should stuff your card in your jeans for safety measures next time..

You put it back, walking around while Key and Jonghyun are busy fussing around over Taemin’s new street style look. And Taemin does look helpless while scratching his neck, trying to get rid of the itchiness from the new shirt material from him, but Key would push his hand down and banter with Jonghyun all over again.

You gave him a sympathetic smile, knowing that you couldn’t even barge in to save him from the couple. Unless Minho was there. Speaking of your boyfriend, you walk to the front to find him fiddling with jackets and looking through it carefully like he was choosing his bride.

Funny.

“those would look amazing on you.” You commented, leaning over and grabbing a couple of his desired designs and colours and put it on his chest, trying to match it. You shook your head before putting it back, not satisfied with it.

“I do need help with picking them. could you?” he asked, pointing to the racks. You give him a smile and nodded, slipping your hand with his before walking around and picking some, not noticing Minho slipping away from you in the midst of the distraction. After making sure that you got the right size and design for him, you grab a couple of colours and turn around, finding him to be walking towards you.

“were you going somewhere before?” you asked, putting the jackets on his chest and compare it before finding the red colour look good on him. It does made him look y though.

“just need to separate those two. poor Taemin had to be stuck between them every single time we shop.” He smiled and grab the red, but not forget to grab the black one too, making you roll your eyes at him.

“I swear that they need to get laid or something. They’re always on each other.” You joked. Minho let out a small giggle before nodding slightly.

“let’s hope that they don’t wreck the bed after that.” you smiled and shook your head at him. He pointed to the counter to pay and you nodded, saying that you will wait outside and get Jinki from what holes had he dug into to hide. Probably food store. As both of you parted, you turn to look at the rack of that cute jeans and the shirt earlier, sighing slightly before walking out from the store with a heavy heart.

Next time.

 

After successfully prying Jinki out from a supermarket trying to literally buy the whole place out, you drag him back towards the store where Minho had called you to meet with the rest. Pushing the whiney Jinki to Taemin, you walk over to your boyfriend, his hand holding purchases from the store earlier. Looking at Jonghyun and Key, both of them are already packed with their own purchases. And looks like Key was lecturing Taemin about something. Maybe about his outfit of the day.. who knows?

“all done?” you asked, looking at your boyfriend who’s slinging his back over his shoulder, getting himself comfy before nodding at you.

“let’s go. we should get something to eat.” He speaks. And you swear Jinki was having crescent inside his eyes when Minho mentioned about eating just now.

“good! Let’s go to this steamboat restaurant I found just now. It’s super delicious! You guys have to try it!” he speaks too enthusiastically. Key stopped his lecture and smack the elder with his leather bag over his stomach, stopping him.

“you had eaten there just now, and you wanted us to go there? You need to check on your cholesterol!” Key babbles. The rest mumbles, most of them are agreeing and some are not. But as Jinki turn to look at you, pouting slightly asking for your help, you knew that you had to give in.

“let’s just eat there, since he said that it was good. It’s better to trust Jinki rather than trusting food critic over this. right Taemin?” you nudge Taemin, who was in daze before snapping out of it, nodding slightly.

“I’m hungry, hyung. Let’s go and eat steamboat?” Taemin squeaked a little. Putting his more innocent face into the order without himself knowing.

And being Key, how could he say no to his son?

“fine. Fine. Let’s just go now. Lead the way.” Jinki jumped slightly, grabbing Taemin and Jonghyun before leaping slightly to the restaurant that he had went before.

“Minho, I need to talk to Key for a moment, can you walk ahead first?” you ask Minho, who’s waiting patiently for you. He nodded before walking ahead. And making sure that he was atleast a couple centimeters away from both of you, you turn to Key, who was busy checking his purchases.

“why are you checking it again? It’s not like that you bought the wrong thing.” You peer over the bag, admiring his purchases. And Key usually have such admirable taste over fashion, no doubt.

“I don’t. I just want to distract myself from you trying to hide your overly guilty face from Minho.” You look at him in surprise, while Key look up from his bag and smirked at you. You let out a sigh.

“you caught me.” You sling your arm around his, while walking to the direction the others has walk into, not wanting to lose them in the mall.

“of course. I knew you before Minho. That’s not surprising.”

That made you sigh again.

“now what is it? I know it’s about the money.” Bingo.

“can you pay for me on this meal? I know that I’m going to have to ask you tomorrow and after that too, but I don’t really want to fend off Minho. And I don’t want him to pay for me. I feel so guilty thinking about it.”

“what do you mean guilty? You’re his girlfriend. Unless he is really stingy about his money, which he’s not, I can assure you that.” he commented, looking around while maintaining his conversation with you.

“but that doesn’t mean that I can spend his money on this vacation just because of my mistake. What if he’s actually really mad that I had forgot my purse? And this is a vacation! Girls tend to shop a lot! It’s not just on clothes or whatever it is!”

Key let out a chuckle before nodding. “fine. I’ll pay for you. Why don’t you ask Minho? Like it actually would hurt his ego buying his girlfriend food or something..” he mutters.

You hug his arm and sighed in relief. “thank you, thank you, thank you. Please don’t tell him that I asked you to pay for me. I’m afraid of his reaction if he knew about this.”

“you don’t have to. Just know that he would spend everything on you, even if his life depended on it.”

 

“ah, bed.” You sighed as you plop down on the hotel bed after spending time out with all of them. well, after lunch, Jonghyun decided to step on the beach while Key decided to strut inside more stores to look for the latest fashion. And of course Jinki and Taemin would follow the before on the trip to the beach, leaving Key strutting inside the stores alone happily without having to banter with anyone else on his sense of fashion.

While you and Minho? Of course going back to the hotel getting some rest. Minho would want to take a few pictures at the beach, but he would want to spend time with his girlfriend more than fulfilling his hobby, which you promised to follow him to snap a few tomorrow.

“jagi,” you turn towards your boyfriend walking to the bed, finding him putting a bag next to you. You sat up and grab the bag, finding the store name to be the ones that Minho had purchases his jacket from, the ones where your longing on your desired item are crushed due to the loss of money.

“do you want to try the jacket on and make sure it’s okay?” you asked. Maybe Minho need you approval, but why when you picked it yourself for him back at the store. Minho shook his head before discarding his shirt from his toned body.

Tearing your eyes away from his bare chest, opening the bag and take the materials out, only to find that it was the pair of cute jeans and the t-shirt that you looked into earlier. your eyes widened in shock before turning to look up at him.

“w-what’s this?” you lift them up to him.

“it’s for you.” He answered simply before putting another shirt on him and join you on the bed. Taking them out from your hands, he put both materials up to you, tilting his head cutely and thinking hard before grinning at you.

“I think it’s cute for our photoshoot tomorrow.” He added, putting it back inside the bag and toss it on the couch near the tv. You gape at him, shocked that he had said it.

“y-you bought it f-for m-me?” you stuttered. He pulled you close, pressing his chin on top of your shoulder and chuckled.

“don’t be too surprised that I didn’t know what you’re planning on, jagi. I’ve been watching you eyeing that outfit before you had to put it down by force just because you didn’t have any money with you.” Busted again. You look down at your hands, which has been completely engulfed in Minho’s large hands.

“I-I don’t want to burden you over things that I wanted.. I feel really guilty trying to rip you off even if you didn’t mind about it.” Minho place a kiss on your neck, hugging you close to him and rock side to side slightly

“you’re not ripping me off, sweetie. It’s not even a rip off when all you could do is ask me to get it for you. And I would do it. I’m not even burdened, or mad over this. I can pay for you on this whole vacation. Not a big deal. I’m a working man.”

“which is why you shouldn’t spend on me. I’m just your girlfriend.” You sighed. Minho stopped rocking, and groaned.

“we talked about this (y/n). we’re in a very serious relationship. We’re about to live together after this vacation, don’t you remember that?” of course you do. Minho had proposed the idea of living together to you before the vacation started, wanting you to move in with him right after all of you got back. You turn to him and nodded, acknowledging him.

He smiled softly and cup your face, pressing a kiss on your lips before pulling away slightly. “when we’re both moved in together, you are my responsibility from that on. I intend to provide you with everything that I could to make you comfortable. Do you get me?” you nodded again, eyes swelling up with tears while your heart was swelling up with love for him.

“I love you.” You muttered, pouting and rubbing your eyes cutely, which swells up Minho’s heart at the sight infront of him. He pull you closer and land a kiss on your lips again, pressing longer than necessary. Both of you pulled away out of breath, and he held you close to his chest.

“I love you too. always. Now, don’t even ask Key ever to pay for you again. I’ll pay for us.” You pull away from his, surprised.

“he told you?!” you shrieked a little. If it’s true, you are going to kill that shopping maniac.

Minho laughed and kiss your cheek, cooing at your adorable moves.

“no. but I do know when my girlfriend suddenly pull her best friend out of the blue and telling me to go first when it comes to this matter. You wouldn’t ask the rest, those 3 are blabberish.” You pinked a little. Busted again and again.

“well, atleast I paid in the past.” You huffed. Minho smirked at you, making you whined at him.

“that too?!!” he nodded.

“have you ever wondered how you were never short on money even after dining at that restaurant Jinki-hyung took us at that one time? The seafood one?” you nodded, realizing it now. It seems like money suddenly appeared even after you spent half of your salary on that expensive but delicious seafood cuisine. You thought that you hand over the money to Key so that he can pay it for you, but it seems like Minho is smarter than that.

“b-but it’s too expensive!” you croaked out, shuddering a little at the pricey amount that all of you had eaten there. Minho would just laugh and snuggle his nose to your hair, humming without any concern.

“I can afford way more than that, don’t worry. In the meantime, you can save the money that you had saved up for this vacation for something else.” You look up at him for a moment, wondering slightly.

“on what?”

He flashed his charming smile and a nervous one to you. Slipping something out from his closed fist, he held out a band infront of you.

“on our wedding.”