One Shot

Best Friends and Candle Confessions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was tired. The girls have just finished a late night radio interview and were on their way home to get some sleep for another long day ahead of them tomorrow. Although Seulgi was tired, she knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep once they got back to the dorm. Not when all she could think about was how affectionate Wendy was towards Irene especially today.

She glanced in the rear view mirror to see the two maknaes giggling to themselves and their phones in the very back seat. She could also see Wendy, her earphones in, enjoying her music as always, with Irene's head on her shoulder. Seulgi sighed softly, and looked away, averting her gaze to the passing buildings outside the front seat window. 

Aish, I shouldn't be feeling this way. Wendy's always been overly affectionate. Besides, it's Irene-unnie, my favourite unnie. Seulgi thought. The more that she got lost in her thoughts, her agitation became clear to her manager unnie.

"Seulgi, you okay?" Asked the manager unnie, turning her head to face the usually bright girl, as the car came to a halt at a red light.

Surprised by the sudden voice, Seulgi jumped a little in her seat. Putting on a fake smile, she replied, "Yes unnie i'm fine. Just a little tired."

As the manager unnie knew Seulgi from her trainee days, she seemed skeptical. "Are you sure?"

Irene lifted her head from Wendy's shoulder, worried for one of her favourite dongsaengs. "Are you really sure you're okay Seulgi-yah?"

"Unnie is just tired right? Our teddy bear unnie needs some extra rest!" Yeri called from the back of the van, with a bright smile.

Smiling softly Seulgi turned around and made a heart with her hands. "Yeri knows me so well! My cute little baby. And thanks Joohyun-unnie! You're the best!" Turning back to the manager unnie Seulgi said, "I'll be fine once we get back to the dorm and I can have my sleep! Fighting!" making a fist with her hands, facial expression determined.

"Yeah the dumb bear just needs to hibernate" Joy cackled. All of the members began giggling.

"Yah! Park Sooyoung I'm your unnie still!" Seulgi jokingly stated.

"Alright girls settle down, we're almost there." Manager unnie continued driving.

The rest of the car ride was pretty quiet, and Seulgi tried her best to seem normal and happy. When they finally got back to the dorm, all of the members rushed in to get ready for bed except for Seulgi, who hesitated at the door, taking her time to take her shoes off. After taking her shoes off, she made her way to the kitchen for a drink of water. When she went to open the fridge Seulgi was suddenly enveloped in warmth, and the scent of strawberries and spring.

"Seulgi-yah..." 

Wendy's arms were around Seulgi's waist, her chin resting on the taller girl's shoulder.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Wendy murmered. "Because I don't think you are."

Seulgi hummed and leaned back into Wendy's hug, letting herself get lost in the warm embrace just for a little while. "I'm fine Wendy. Just tired."

Wendy's grip tightened. "I'm your bestfriend Seulgi. I can tell when you're lying. You can trust me. You can lean on me if you want to." 

Wanting to change the subject, Seulgi jokingly replied. "But I am leaning on you right now Seungwan." 

"Oh my god Seulgi. You're too much." Wendy replied, puffing out some air. "In that case I'm going to go get ready for bed. You'll tell me when you're ready. Goodnight you stupid bear."

Wendy kissed Seulgi on the cheek and scurried away to the room she shared with Yeri with a small chuckle. Seulgi stood frozen, her cheek burning from where Wendy's lips sofly brushed her skin. She couldn't help but want more with Wendy. To go to hell with it all, and just tell her how much she actually loved the small girl with a big voice. Every touch she let herself have with Wendy the more that she wants. Frustrated with herself, Seulgi decided she just couldn't spend the night in the dorm. 

Making her decision, she went into her room to pack a change of clothes. Double checking that she had the necessities such as her phone charger and wallet, she made her way back to the kitchen, filling up her water bottle. Wanting to leave without notifying the other girls and probably getting stopped, she wrote a quick note and stuck it to the fridge saying she wanted to get some practice done at the company building.

Once she got to the dance practice room, by means of a taxi, Seulgi took out her phone and called someone to keep her company.

"Hello?" A husky voice answered. 

"I'm at dance room number 4, bring food and drinks." Seulgi said quickly.

"Seriously, you called to tell me to bring you food? At this time in the night? Oh my god, you stupid." The girl on the otherside of the phone replied.

"Pleasee~ I need to talk to someone because i feel like I'm going to explode, and you are one of my closest friends."

"If you repeat after me then I will bring everything."

"Anything" Seulgi said desparate for her friend's advice and company.

"I, Kang Seulgi, think that Jung Soojung is the most beautiful, charismatic, amazing friend in the whole wide universe, and promise to buy her chocolate bread and coffee from any expensive cafe that Jung Soojung wants." Krystal said, her voice amused.

"Fine, fine. I, Kang Seulgi, think that Jung Soojung is the most beautiful, charismatic, amazing friend in the whole wide universe, and promise to buy her chocolate bread and coffee from any expensive cafe that Jung Soojung wants."

"Okay be there in 20. Don't kill yourself between now and then with your stupid thoughts."

"Oka-" 

Krystal hung up first without letting Seulgi reply. "Why am I friends with her~" Seulgi whined, plugging her phone into the speakers.

Needing to let her frustrations out, Seulgi some music and let herself dance away her stress. Pretty soon she was sweating, but her frustrations fueled her to continue dancing. She glared at her reflection in the mirror as she danced, and got lost in the music that she was startled out of her zone when the music suddenly cut off. She looked to the speakers to see Krystal holding plastic bags with a disapproving look on her face.

"Sit down before you hurt yourself with your angry flailing, Kang Seulgi." 

"Rude." Seulgi said pouting, but listened anyways, taking the plastic bags from Krystal and sitting down on the floor. Opening the take out box full of chicken Seulgi smiled wide. "Nevermind, you're the best Soojung!"

"Tch. Of course I am. I'm Krystal Jung."

"And you're full of yourself."

"Now who is rude." Krystal said.

The two began to silently eat, occasionally taking drinks from the beer cans Krystal brought.

"So, start talking Kang Seulgi. You clearly have something on your mind." Krystal said, wanting to help her friend.

Seulgi sighed. "Have you ever felt so stuck, that you didn't know what to do? You feel one thing but you can't follow through?"

"Is this about Wendy?"

Taking one last sip of her beer Seulgi began to tell Krystal all about her feelings for Wendy. She talked about how Wendy made her feel butterflies and how everything feels good when she's around. But she also talked about how her feelings conflicted with each other inside.

"... And I just feel so guilty for feeling the way I do too. I can't be her friend anymore because I want more than that, but I can't say anything either because everything would change. What about the group? What if our friendship ends?" Seulgi stopped talking and looked sadly at Krystal.

Krystal said nothing for a while.

"You're a selfish idiot."

Seulgi made a noise of exclaimation. "Eh? What!"

"Clearly you're just wallowing in your feelings. If you're that worried about the friendship ending then move on." Krystal began to rant, overcome with emotion. "Stop holding on if all it's going to do is make her question why the friendship doesn't feel the same. Stop if it's going to make her question why you seem to be drifting from her because you can't handle your own damn emotions. Stop if it's making her think it's her fault, that she's the problem. Stop holding on if you're not planning on letting her know how you feel and getting angry at her for not recognizing your feelings. Stop holding on if you're not going to let her decide what to do. Stop holding on if you don't trust her enough to hold onto the friendship if she doesn't feel the same way. Just stop." Her voice cracked. She took a breath from her rant, intending to continue, but cut herself off.

"Don't do that." Krystal continued, her voice soft and full of sadness. "Just don't do that to each other."

"Soojung..." Seulgi moved to give Krystal a hug. She thought of how devasted her friend was when Sulli began dating that rapper. When Sulli left the group. When Sulli left Krystal behind. "I've been insenstive whining about my problems. I'm sorry." 

Krystal began sniffling, unable to stop herself from thinking about how she let the situation with the person that she loved, get to the point that she lost her.

"Just tell her Seulgi. She loves you, that I know. Even if it might not be the way that you love her, she's not going to let you go that easily. Just be happy."

They stayed unmoving for a littl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter