Lifeline

The One(s) who got away...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I plodded down on my soft bed, freshly showered and changed into a loose t-shirt and comfortable cotton sleep short, with the towel still hanging over my neck, I slowly find myself fighting a losing battle with the Sandman.  

With my eyes closed and before I drifted to the other side, I grudgingly reached out to my right side table for my lifeline. I somehow managed to twist open the cap with my thumb and index finger. I gave it a good shake before I direct it to the opening of my mouth. Two quick puffs and then I let the small purple inhaler dropped lazily to the floor beside my bed.

Teddy was the last thing that I mumbled before I succumbed to the Sandman's seduction.

---

"So what club are you guys planning to join?" I looked up at Dara, who was asking the others seated around the table. I finally befriended a group of girls, named Dara, Minzy, Hyorin and Bom for a month now.

"Most probably the library club", I answered nonchalantly.

" That's so boring!" Bom exclaimed in disbelief.

I rolled my eyes at her ignorance and continued to dwell in my own thoughts while the rest continued to further discuss which club they should join in order to improve their social standing in the cohort.

I admitted that I was not all too keen on befriending these girls. But for once I gave into peer pressure. I have at least four long, miserable years of group projects to look forward to and I didn't want the hassle of searching for new group mates for every single group project assignments. Having a constant 'clique' absolved me of the hassle.

Unfortunately for me, I had already earned the attention of some green eyed monsters from both es, within and outside of my own class.  All because of my close friendship with two of the most eligible and popular boys in school.  To my non-surprise, Taeyang and to my utter annoyance, Top.

The situation worsened because of the the fact that both boys have a tendency to include mt name inside their group projects for two subjects so far, without my prior knowledge, much to the chagrin of the rest of their group mates. It took a lot of nagging and reasoning (...and homemade brownies...) on my part at the two boys bedore they finally allowed me to pick and choose my own group mates for any future group assignments.

I don't want to risk alienating myself and further cemented my rumoured social status of being a recluse. This was high school after all.  Like it or not, for a 12/13 years old teenager like me, its akin to the jungle. Only the strongest would survived. And the herd mentality prevails. Independent spirits were frowned upon. Science geeks, IT nerds, losers and other variants of societal archetypes were the dreaded bottom rung of my high school social ladder.  

I soon realised that me being friends with Taeyang and Top made me the prime target of their jealous hordes of female (and male? ) admirers as well as rival gangs members.

[Flashback - Two weeks ago]

Class! Attention!

The class monitor, Jinwoo announced to the entire clas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter