Prologue

Erased

       "V. You there?" A tinny, melodious voice sounded from the small, metal earpiece Taehyung had embedded next to his eardrum. Taehyung winced as the earpiece let out a shrill sound due to the changes of the volume level of where he was at. It was his fault anyways. He'd grabbed one of the crappy earpieces in his rush to get out the door.

       "Yeah, I'm here. Where's Rap Mon?" His deep, brassy voice was heard by the six other people on the line, along with his light breathing. Another deeper and more rich voice invaded Taehyung's hearing.

       "Right here. Hope and J are with me, too. Where's Jin?" A voice slightly on the higher side tinted with a motherly tone filled the ears of Taehyung and the group.

       "I'm with Kookie. We're in the car. Where are you guys?" A gravelly voice sent static through the earpiece.

       "Hey. Did you guys forget about me?" A slightly shaky voice belonging to J said,

       "No, we didn't forget you, Suga. And we're out back behind the house." Another voice was heard, belonging to Hope. The cheerful undertone in his speech didn't fit the tense atmosphere at all. 

       "Yeah! What about the others?" Taehyung shifted in his spot among the branches of the tree he was perched in. His cheeks got a little flushed. He was like a bird. He didn't wanna embarrass himself in front of Kookie. 

       "Uh... I'm somewhere up high." Kookie's soft voice invaded his hearing.

       "Where specifically?" Taehyung sighed, closing his eyes.

       "Don't laugh... I'm in a tree. And I'm stuck." There was a light repetitive and sharp sound in the background, as if somebody was clapping their hands.

       "Niiiiice, V. How'd that happen?" Suga's sarcastic voice was all Taehyung could hear, and he hated it. He heard a slight creak from the porch of the house, and cursed.

       ", we gotta move. They're here." He swung down from the tree, only then realizing that he wasn't stuck in the tree. Yipee. He snuck across the lawn to see three large, bulky men moving in through the front door. Just then, he saw the slender figure of Kookie rush up behind them, knives brandished in both hands.

       There was no voluntary sound. Only a few swishes, and three solid thumps against the hard wood of the porch. Kookie stepped back, pulled down his solid black face mask, and stood in the moonlight. His whole being was illuminated, his pale skin glowing, his soft pink lips parted, and his brown soulful eyes were watchful as he searched for his team. He locked eyes with Taehyung, who gave him a small, closed-lipped smile. He stepped out as well. 

       "Hello, Jung Kook. Lovely seeing you here." The said boy walked up to him, his head reaching up to about halfway up Taehyung's nose. He looked him straight in the eye, and snorted good-naturedly. 

       "Right back at ya, Taehyung. Have you seen any of the others yet?" Jung Kook swiveled his head around, still trying to look for the rest of his comrades. He averted his attention back to a strangely-silent Taehyung. The older was staring at him, an endearing look in his dark, glittering eyes that Jung Kook had gotten lost in many more times than he would like to admit. 

       "Um... Tae? Hello? Earth to Taehyung?" The said man jolted out of Lala Land, and quickly shook his head no. The younger sighed. He cocked his head towards the front door of the house.

       "Might as well start getting those people out."

       "Yeah." They snuck into the house, making sure that with each step they took across the carpeted floor of the house, there wouldn't be any creaks. They found a couple sleeping soundly in bed. Their targets were here. Jung Kook pulled up both his and Taehyung's face masks, before roughly shaking the man awake. Taehyung slapped a hand over his mouth, and over the woman's mouth as well, since she was stirring. They both looked terrified. Jung Kook put a slender finger over the face mask where his mouth would've been. 

       "We need you two out of the house. Now." Taehyung grabbed a flask of kerosene from his back pocket, and proceeded to douse everything in his sight with it. The man clutched onto Jung Kook, who grunted irritatedly. 

       "Are you here to take us away? Are you?" The woman tugged desperately on her husband's arm.

       "Sung Jae ah! Let's go!" 

       "Sooyoung. Just let me get an answer first, okay? Are you here to take us away? What's your name? Who sent you here?" Jung Kook remained silent as he pushed the two out the door, and pulled Taehyung along with him. He handed the older a box of matches, and pulled the couple away with him a good distance away. Taehyung lit one of the matches, and tossed it through the window before quickly running away.

       He grabbed the man, while Jung Kook tugged the woman along towards a car parked about ten feet away. The couple watched as their house slowly started to catch on fire. They were shoved into the back of the car with Jung Kook in the passenger seat and Taehyung driving. The older man revved the engine loudly before driving off with a screech. Jung Kook tossed two IDs to the two of them, and handed them passports and documents. The man wouldn't. Shut. Up.

       "Where are you taking us? Will Sooyoung and I stay together? What're your names?" Jung Kook rolled his eyes and gave Taehyung a weary look, who just chuckled quietly. They stopped at a bridge that ended at a body of water. Taehyung opened the door.

       "Out. Now!" The couple rushed out, clinging onto each other as they looked around frantically. Taehyung looked around until he found a rock that he shoved onto the gas pedal. He slammed the car door shut before letting the vehicle speed off into the water. The man gasped.

       "That was our ride! How are we gonna get away now?" The woman was close to tears, and just clung onto the man's arm. Jung Kook put two finger inside his mouth, and whistled loudly. A van pulled in, the door on the side opening as it braked. A man with doe eyes was holding out his hands to help the couple climb in. A man with a stoic face was in the driver's seat. Jung Kook stared into the man's eyes softly, feeling sympathy for them. They just had to suddenly throw away all that they had to start new lives all over again. 

       "You'll be staying with these two. They're very kind, and they'll take care of you. Luhan and Sehun are good people." The doe eyed man smiled warmly at them while the stoic-faced man gave them a stiff nod of acknowledgement. 

       "You'll most likely never see me again, but I'll know of every single move that you make, along with Taehyung over here." The man perked up.

       "But what's your name?" Jung Kook hooked a finger to the upper part of his mask, as did Taehyung. They both tugged downwards to reveal their handsome faces.

       "I'm Jung Kook." The man smiled a little as Luhan was getting ready to close the door. He raised an eyebrow at Jung Kook.

       "Any last words?" Taehyung stepped forward. He tilted his head to the side, pausing for a moment. He took the car door handle, and slowly slid it closed. Before the couple lost sight of his face, he stopped again. He grinned, his lips forming a box-like shape.

       "Smile. You've just been erased."