Happiest Place on Earth?

A Dream is a Wish the Heart Makes

It's finally the end of Yixing's shift as Prince Charming, and he's carefully removing his layers of makeup and is busy storing away his princely costume so he really doesn't pay very much attention when Mulan walks into the dressing area. He still doesn't acknowledge when Mulan removes her wig and begins to slip out of her hanfu and little by little exposes nicely toned flesh. Okay, so he may get a little distracted by 'Mulan' standing next to him, clad only in a pair of boxer briefs that leave nothing to the imagination. Yixing may forget to look away fast enough from his ogling of the the 'princess'' 'jewels' before Mulan catches his eye. Mulan chuckles, not seeming to mind the attention.

 

"Hello, I'm Luhan. I just started yesterday." Mulan says in a pleasingly husky voice, effectively snapping Yixing out of his staring at the other man's crotch.

 

Yixing's face flushes scarlet. He knows he was caught staring and he should apologize but the words won't come out. Actually no sound can get past his lips. Instead, Yixing settles for a wave and a hasty departure from the dressing room.

 

The sound of an angel singing 'Reflection' follows Yixing out of the dressing room. In his rush to flee, he almost runs into Sehun coming off his shift as Prince Phillip.

 

"Woah, where's the fire? Did Cinderella lose her slipper again?" Sehun jokes. Yixing shakes his head.

 

"Did you walk in on Minseok and Jongdae again?" Sehun tries one more time.

 

A shudder passes through Yixing's body at the memory of seeing Mickey and Minnie with their costume heads removed, making out passionately.

 

"Then what happened?" Sehun asks, starting to look concerned.

 

"Mulan...... " Yixing starts softly before the door behind him opens revealing a recently dressed Luhan in a pair of well worn jeans and a grey graphic tee that accentuates his fit form nicely.

Sehun's jaw drops (he may have drooled a little too). "Oh, hello! Are you a new cast member? Do you want to make some magic together?" Luhan looks mildly surprised while Yixing wrinkles his nose at Sehun’s cheesy line and hides his face in his hands.

 

Luhan is quick to recover. He smiles sweetly and tells Sehun, "Maybe next time. Aurora might get jealous if you're out with someone else while she's having a nap." Luhan giggles (in the most manly way) before winking at Yixing and strolling away, singing something that sounds vaguely like "A Man Worth Fighting For" or it could have been a trick of the empty passageways.

 

One would think that would be the end of things but noooooo... Sehun turns to Yixing. "He's hot and sassy! Sehun likes sassy!" Yixing crooks an eyebrow, wondering why Sehun is speaking in third person suddenly. "You have to help me! Pleeaaasssseeee? I'll let you buy me bubble tea!" Sehun adds like that would be an added incentive. He even breaks out the power pout. Only the most heartless of person is able to withstand its power.

 

"Sehun....... I don't think..... That is I'd rather...." Sehun bats his eyelashes and gives Yixing the puppy dog eyes. Yixing is toast. "Fine." Yixing agrees, unable to fight the cute overload the younger man is aiming his way. "What do you want me to do?" Yixing is already sure this is going to end horridly.

 

In response, Yixing receives one of Sehun's brilliant smiles for his agreeing to help.

 

"Nothing much. Just help me win his heart! I may have not made the best first impression, so you have to keep me from blurting anything stupid, tell him how amazing I am..... You know stuff like that," Sehun finishes like it's an everyday thing.

 

The two boys had worked together for several years now, so Yixing had loads of stories he could share with Luhan about his new admirer but the ones that came to mind first probably weren't what Sehun had in mind. Like the time Sehun fell on his when practicing a new dance move and his pants tore, exposing his Harry Potter boxers or that time when he made a child cry and had to bribe him with ice cream before he stopped. The list of such tales is long and quite amusing but Yixing doesn't think Sehun would see the humor in sharing.

 

Yixing sighs to himself as they walk down the long corridor that leads to the real world, passing Baekhyun who's adjusting his blonde Tinkerbell wig then proceeds to grasp the bodice of the dress to tug it up higher on his chest.

 

"Hey ByunBaek!  Did you see the new Mulan? He is soooo cute! Yixing is going to help me dazzle him!" Sehun feels the need to share.

 

Baekhyun's nod makes his wig slip again. "He's really nice and fun to hang out with, but cute?" Baekhyun wrinkles his nose. "Now, Captain Hook... He's another story! He's supercalifragilistic, I would expiali his docious any time. I mean have you seen the size of his-"

 

"BAEKHYUN!" Yixing gasps, cutting short whatever the other boy was about to say. "We may be backstage but you're still in costume!"

 

"Hook..... Wow, what did you think I was going to say? You ! The last guy that had the role of Captain Hook had a really tiny.... hook." Baekhyun finishes while eyeing Yixing, waiting for another reprimand.

 

A snort of laughter is heard. "Sure, it was his hook you were checking out, Baek! You sure it wasn't his pirate booty?" Sehun doubles over laughing at his own joke, while the other boys stare at him with a mixture of confusion and mild revulsion.

 

"Anywwwaaayyyy......" Baekhyun tries to ignore Sehun's continual giggling. "I haven't been able to say more than 'hello' to the guy and that freaking girl Dara who is playing Peter Pan is all over him!" He pouts to Yixing for sympathy.

 

"Fine! I'll see what I can do to help break the ice between you and your captain. But I promised Sehun first, that I would help him catch Mulan's eye. So, you're going to have to wait." Yixing grumbles.

 

"What if I help the kid with his problem so you can help me?" Baekhyun offers.

 

"No!" Sehun and Yixing shout in unison. "Your idea of helping would probably be just locking them in a closet together until they were dead or making out." Yixing says while Sehun nods, fear shining in his eyes.

 

"Fine. Have it your way. Take the safe and boring route but don't come crying to me when Tarzan swoops in and carries your precious Mulan off to his tree house." Baekhyun mutters.

 

"Did you see them together? Was he hitting on my cherished jewel?" Sehun asks in a near panic.

 

"No, but if you don't make your interest known, someone else may make a move before you gather your courage." Baekhyun teases. With a wave and another adjustment to his costume's neckline, he continues down to the break room.

 

"Sehun, aren't you going to change?" Yixing asks his friend as they pause at the cast members only door.

 

"Oops! I was distracted by my Chinese beauty." Sehun giggles before turning to change.

 

"Sehun, you know I'm Chinese too!" Yixing calls to Sehun's retreating back. "I feel like chopped liver! You're never distracted by me." He half-heartedly, grumbles aloud.

 

A noise that sounds like a muffled giggle catches Yixing's attention and once more causes a blush to cover his cheeks.

 

Of course it would be Luhan who caught Yixing talking to himself!

 

"I don't want to be a bother but my bike has a flat." Luhan says trying to control his mirth. "Do you know of any good shops around here? I'm new to the area." He adds as Yixing continues to stare and blush.

 

'Of course the kid is probably too young to drive!' Yixing thinks to himself. "Oh.....ummm sure, yeah, or maybe I could just give you a ride home since it's getting ready to rain." Yixing offers before mentally scolding himself for offering a ride to a near stranger.

 

"Are you sure? You don't even know where I live." Luhan tilts his head cutely at Yixing.

 

"Well, it couldn't be that far if you ride your bike......here." Yixing's voice tapers off as they come to a stop next to a purple motorcycle with a flat rear tire. "Oh! Biikkee" Yixing stretches out the word like it is unknown to him.

 

A small nod and a slightly confused look is all the response Yixing receives.

 

The blush is back when he thinks that Luhan may think he's slow witted. After giving himself a mental shake, he realizes he was staring again.

 

"We can put it in the back of my truck and I'll give you the number of my mechanic." Yixing offers.

 

"If you're sure." Luhan says while looking less than confident of his safety in Yixing's hands.

 

"Sure, no problem!" Yixing smiles, trying ease Luhan's anxiety.

 

On the short ride to Luhan's apartment, the boys chat about what brought them both from China to Florida. They discover that they share a love of music and dance. They joke that it might have been easier to make names for themselves in the kpop scene than following all the crazy rules Disney imposes.

 

Since Luhan's apartment building is in the same neighborhood as the one Yixing lives in, they decide it would be nice to carpool when the weather permitted. Sometimes taking Luhan's motorcycle and other times Yixing would use his truck.

 

It is after a few weeks of doing this, that today it is Yixing's turn to drive. They were having a friendly debate over who is hotter in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp, when they arrive at Luhan's apartment.

 

"I have the movies on DVD. Would you like to come up? We can order pizza and have a movie marathon." Luhan offers with a beguiling smile.

 

Shaking his head reluctantly, Yixing explains, "Sehun is having a get together at our apartment and if I'm not there, we may not have anything left of the place."

 

At seeing Luhan's pout, Yixing gets a bright idea. "Why don't you come over to our place? We can watch movies in my room while Sehun and Jongdae can have the rest of the place."

 

Something changes about Luhan's expression but it's gone again before Yixing can decipher what it is.

 

"Oh, so you and that Sehun guy are living together?" Luhan asks.

 

Yixing nods. "Yup, Sehun, Jongdae and I share a place." When Luhan's confusion is seen, Yixing quickly tries to explain. "NO! Not like that! Ewwwww! Me and Sehun?" Yixing shudders at the mere thought before he remembers that he's supposed to be talking him up to Luhan. "I mean he's a great guy and all but I couldn't see myself kissing him or anything!" Yixing can feel the blush taking over his face. Hearing Luhan's giggles didn't help much.

 

"Soooo.... you and Jongdae?" Luhan quizzes.

 

"No, Jongdae has his Minseok and they are made for each other." Yixing is glad for the change. It makes him less nauseous than thinking about kissing Sehun, while thinking of kissing Luhan is a different story.

 

"So your place it is!" Luhan confirms. "I'll run up and grab the DVDs. Be right back."

 

"Grab a change of clothes, too. If you don't work tomorrow, you can sleep over if it gets late." Yixing calls to Luhan's back. A brief wave of a hand is all the acknowledgment needed.

 

The party guests already started arriving by the time Yixing & Luhan arrive. Most of the partiers are fellow cast members at the parks so Luhan is able to mingle with ease.

 

The alcohol was flowing freely by the time Sehun makes his appearance. He quickly spots Luhan in the revelers and heads in his direction.

 

"Hello, my princess! Your prince has arrived!" Sehun jokes. Much to everyone else's surprise, Luhan giggles as he playfully slaps Sehun's arm.

 

The sick feeling in Yixing's stomach has him flopping down on the couch. It's clear Luhan has an interest in Sehun. Yixing was hopeful when Luhan was asking if he was involved with his roommate but now it seems his interest was in Sehun's direction all along. An unhappy sigh escapes his lips just before someone sits next to him and wrap him in a friendly hug.

 

"What's wrong, XingXing?" Baekhyun asks, uncomfortably close to Yixing's sensitive neck, making him squirm and flail much to Baekhyun's amusement. "Don't be sad! It's Luhan's loss." He continues not bothering to move back enough not to send Yixing into spasms.

 

When Yixing could get enough control to shoot the younger boy a questioning look, his response is a small laugh and an almost sad smile.

 

"You are easy to read. You turned into a tomato when he was around and you stare at him with your innocent puppy eyes, full of hope." Baekhyun explains while rubbing soothing circles on his friends back.

 

"Sehun didn't notice, did he?" Yixing asks, not wanting his friend to be hurt by their mutual interest in the same person.

 

"No. That kid is oblivious! Don't worry." Baekhyun said not pausing in his attempt to comfort his friend.

 

Yixing sits with his head in his hands, only glancing up when he heard Sehun's laugh at something Luhan said, whine softly then drop his head onto Baekhyun's shoulder.

 

"How are things with you and your Captain?" Yixing asks in an attempt to change the subject.

 

A sigh is all the response Yixing receives but after a moment Baekhyun says, "I don't even think he knows I exist! All the girls are hitting on him. He's always smiling at them and laughing. With my luck, he's probably straight!" He ends with a pitiful whimper.

 

"I'm sure he knows you exist. You're hard to miss." Yixing teases his friend, earning him a half hearted punch on the arm. "Maybe he's playing hard to get or he may be shy," offers Yixing, in an attempt to find a bit of hope.

 

"Oh, he's not shy!" Baekhyun shook his head, disregarding that idea. "He doesn't seem like he'd be someone who'd put that kind of an act on either. With everyone else he's cheerful but with me, it's like I'm simply invisible."

 

"Maybe he's intimidated by your overwhelming hotness?" Yixing asks, trying to keep the laughter from escaping.

 

"Yes. I'm sure that's it." Baekhyun replies with a sarcastic tone.

 

"Didn't you say Goofy was blowing you kisses the other day, when you weren't in costume?" Yixing asks unexpectedly.

 

Baekhyun nods, unsure of where his friend was going with this.

 

"I heard from a reliable source there was a new guy filling in for Steve after he had that 'unfortunate encounter' with the husband of that guest he was hitting on." Yixing said waggling his eyebrows at his friend.

 

"Was your 'reliable source' Sehun?" Asks Baekhyun disbelievingly.

 

"Yes, but this time he may have his information correct. He said the guy was tall, had a bright smile and he was hot." Yixing says.

 

"Like I'm going to trust Sehun's idea of hot. He had a crush on YOU at one time!" Baekhyun teases his friend.

 

Yixing pretends to pout as he gives the boy sitting next to him a shove. "Well, I think that's a distant memory." He hopes he doesn't sound as sad as he feels when they both glance over to see Sehun and Luhan laughing together.

 

"His loss." Baekhyun mumbles. Not wanting to see the sadness on his friend's face any longer, Baekhyun tries for a distraction. "So, what is your Goofy theory?"

 

"Oh! What if Goofy is also Captain Hook and he doesn't want to get in trouble by flirting with you while you're in costume?" The twinkle was back in Yixing's eyes, giving Baekhyun hope that whatever feelings his friend had for Luhan would soon pass. Especially since the pair had disappeared in the direction of the bedrooms.

 

"Isn't that a little unlikely? What are the chances that they are the same person?" Baekhyun reasons but ends up laughing at Yixing pouting again.

 

"Do you think hot, tall guys grow on trees in Florida or something?" Yixing whines. "Wh-"

 

"I saw you flirting with that girl, Yifan! Don't try denying it or say it's your brother. I'm not even sure you have a brother! Why wouldn't he come to our wedding if he really exists?" Junmyeon's raised voice carries across all the chatter that had been going on.

 

"I swear it was Kevin, not me!" Yifan replies back to his shorter husband, trying to keep his voice down. "You know I only love you, baby! Please don't be mad. Kevin had finals to take and Kris was filming a movie when we got married. They sent gifts, remember? The dragon tea set was from Kris and the gift card for Burger King was Kevin’s idea of a practical gift. You’re my one and only." Yifan bent his knees so he could make eye contact with his angry husband.

 

Junmyeon nods slowly. "I'm sorry I got so jealous! I just can't believe sometimes that you love me half as much as I love you." He reaches a hand out to Yifan's cheek.

 

They share a tender kiss until they hear a loud "Ewww! Get a room! No PDA here!" Only to see Jongdae with his arms wrapped around Minseok's waist, his hands firmly planted on his boyfriend's backside. What made it worse was the fact that Minseok had his arms wrapped around his boyfriend's neck, while his legs were wrapped around the younger man's waist. Min's shirt was completely ed and only half covering his torso. Both boys had flushed cheeks and kiss swollen lips.

 

"Shut up Jongdae!" Is the only response Yifan can think of as his husband hides his flushed face in the wide expanse of chest in front of him.

 

Jongdae's evil cackle can be heard as he continues to walk down the hall to his room.

 

Everyone's eyes are locked on Yifan and Junmyeon before quickly going back to their own conversations when Yifan gives a low growl and glares at anyone that continued to stare while cradling the back of Junmyeon's head to shield as much of his husband as possible from the curious onlookers.

 

"How am I supposed to find out if Goofy is interested or just playing around? I don't want to stalk the poor guy just to find out it was all a mistake!" Baekhyun complains.

 

"Simple! Find out the times Goofy is going to be on stage when your Chanyeol isn't being Captain Hook. Ask for a hug and picture than whisper something in his ear like "You're doggone attractive!" or whatever." Yixing gestures dismissively.

 

"Ewww! Heck no! That would never work! Thanks but no thanks! I’ll just ask Kyungsoo. He knows everything and everyone. It's a little scary when you think about it. He's watching, always watching (Roz voice). He needs a new hobby. Speaking of which, the new kid playing Aladdin, someone said his name is Jongin, seems quite taken with our little Kyungsoo. It was so cute the kid got all shy and blushy when Kyungsoo was near but when he got into costume he was all cool and y." Baekhyun can't help it if he is a hopeless romantic.

 

“It would be great if Kyungsoo is able to find his happily ever after. He was a mess when Junmyeon and Yifan got together. Does he return the kid’s feelings? I hope it works out for them.” Yixing sighs wistfully.

 

The pair sits giggling like school girls when Luhan and Sehun rejoin the party. Yixing’s joy quickly fades at the sight of the two holding hands and sharing shy smiles. Baekhyun sees the change but is helpless to shield his friend from the pain. Instead, he simply wraps him in a warm hug.

 

“I can’t believe you have so many action figures! I’m so jealous!” Luhan cooes up at the taller boy.

 

“Yixing and Jongdae always tell me I’m wasting my money. I’m glad you can appreciate quality when you see it.” Sehun gloats.

 

"Oh, I know a gem when I see one!" Luhan gazes up through his lashes, smiling coyly.

 

Baekhyun coughs to interrupt the pairs’ flirt fest.

 

“Oh, hi guys. Has Tao arrived yet? He said he was bringing a ‘friend’ he wanted to introduce to the group.” Sehun says as he wraps an arm around Luhan, tucking him closer to his side.

 

“I’m sure we’ll all know when he gets here. He enjoys making a grand entrance.” Baekhyun says hugging Yixing closer, as if his nearness could help lessen Yixing’s heartache.

 

Before long the apartment door bursts open without a knock to announce the guest’s arrival.

 

“I’m here! Let the merriment begin!” A tall boy dressed all in black strolls in as if he lives there. What catches everyone’s eye isn’t Tao’s grand entrance, that is nothing new, what is new is the man standing in the doorway. He is even taller than Tao with equally dark hair but from there the similarities ended and instead he looks exactly like…... Yifan.

 

“Kevin! Bro! What are you doing here!” Yifan hurries over and hugs his brother off his feet.

 

“If I could breathe, maybe I would tell you.” Kevin gasps, his feet still dangling off the ground.

 

“Sorry.” Yifan drops his brother so suddenly Kevin lands on his .

 

“Yifan! Don’t hurt my boyfriend! I need him unbroken, if you please!” Tao scolds.

 

“I’m fine, baby Taozi.” Kevin assures as he lets his brother and his boyfriend help him stand back up.

 

“I thought you were wooing some rich cosmetic heiress. How did you come by dating our Tao?” Yifan asks bluntly.

 

“Oh, she’s just some fun on the side. She’s fine with sharing me, but Tao gets jealous and needs lots of my attention.” Kevin leans over to give Tao a thorough kiss. When they finally pull apart, Kevin peeks over Yifan’s shoulder noticing Junmyeon for the first time. “Hello beautiful! Don’t be shy. I don’t bite, unless you like that kind of thing.”

 

A growl is heard from Yifan as he tucks Junmyeon safely behind his back. “He’s MY husband. Hands off!”

 

“Kevin!” Tao whines. “I’m right here!” He stamps his foot to emphasize his point.

 

“It’s okay, babe. There’s enough of me to share.” Kevin purrs pulling Tao in for another kiss.

 

“No PDA!” Jongdae shouts as he strolls to the fridge and grabs two bottles of water, wearing only his boxers and sporting several new hickeys. Minseok shows up in the kitchen wearing only a wolf print throw wrapped around his waist.

 

"Grab one for me too, Dae." Minseok murmurs as he back hugs his boyfriend.

 

"Of course, my love. I'm getting snacks, too. I don't want you to pass out from hunger." Jongdae says, turning his head for a kiss. "Chocolate syrup or not?" He asks juggling a tub of ice cream, whipped cream and a jar of cherries before grabbing a spoon.

 

"No syrup. Last time it got everywhere." Minseok replies between nibbles on Jongdae's neck.

 

"You're the boss, babe."

 

"Guys..... We have a guest." Yifan says gesturing at his brother.

 

"Don't mind me. But I would love some ice cream, if you'd like to share." Kevin purrs, eyeing Minseok as if he's a tasty dessert.

 

Minseok doesn't say anything but he stiffens and hugs Jongdae closer while staring at the newcomer warily. While Jongdae swings his gaze between Yifan and Kevin before saying simply. "He's mine. I don't share." He hands the snacks to Minseok, whispers something in his ear and gently kisses the shorter boy's cheek. As Minseok turns and heads up the hall, Jongdae takes the opportunity to pat the blanket clad backside for good measure before turning his attention back to Kevin. He walks up to the taller man and with a stern look says, "I suggest you not make the people I care about uncomfortable. You will be tossed out on your fanny. You should appreciate the treat you have or you might lose it. If I hear that you hurt baby Tao, you will regret it, family or not." Having said that Jongdae turns and strolls out of the room.

 

"Hey angel, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Kevin turns his attention to Luhan only to have the object of his interest grab Sehun and give him a kiss that left no doubt where his heart leads. When the kiss ends, Sehun just smirks at the assembled group, stopping extra long when he makes eye contact with Kevin.

 

The Casanova's gaze falls on Baekhyun and Yixing. He opens his mouth but before anything comes out Baekhyun takes Yixing's hand. "Beddy-by time, baby!" Yixing tries not to giggle as he is led to his room. Their friends just took everything in stride without more than a raised eyebrow.

 

Once they reach his room, Yixing lets his laughter out. He tumbles onto his bed holding his sides as tears stream down his cheeks. Baekhyun meanwhile stands just inside the door fuming about the nerve of the jerk Yifan calls a sibling. Yixing catches his breath, wipes his tears and congratulates his friend on his quick thinking.

 

"I love you! If things don't work out between you and the captain, you should consider me as a backup plan." Yixing manages to say before dissolving into another fit of giggles.

 

"I think you may be overtired, sweetie. Have you been sleeping at night or fretting over Luhan?" Baekhyun walks over to the bed and sits down next to his friend. “Shall we call it a night and I’ll tell you tales from Pixie Hollow until you fall asleep?” Yixing nods sleepily, already feeling his eyelids beginning to droop.

 

The pair doesn't hear the sound of the doorbell ringing nor do they care who the late arrivals are but the door swings open to reveal a couple passionately making out and a tall stranger waving cheerfully at Junmyeon. Baekhyun, if he had known, may have chosen to be amongst the merrymakers.

 

"Hey guys!" Kyungsoo says when he finally breaks contact with the handsome young man he'd been kissing. "This is Jongin and the happy giant is his friend Chanyeol. Hope you don't mind."

 

"No problem! Welcome. Make yourself at home. Snacks are in the kitchen and karaoke will be starting soon." Junmyeon says with a warm smile as he ushers the boys inside.

 

"Jongin! Glad you could make it!" Yifan greets the one newcomer with a hug.

 

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too, Yifan!" Kyungsoo says sarcastically.

 

"Aww, Kyunggie, I see you all the time." Yifan whines.

 

"Doesn't matter, you should appreciate my presence all the time. Where's Baek?" Kyungsoo says as he sees Chanyeol discreetly scanning the group.

 

"He took Yixing to bed." Yifan answers, completely missing Kyungsoo's quick look at Chanyeol and the tall man's diminished smile.

 

The change isn’t missed by Junmyeon though. “Chanyeol, can you help me grab some snacks out of the kitchen before we get the sing-off under way?” They have no sooner disappeared into the kitchen than the older man says, “It’s not like it sounded. They aren’t a couple or anything.” Junmyeon starts to explain only to stop when Kevin strolls in the room. “That should be good enough for a while.” He says grabbing anything within easy reach before hurrying back out to the living room. Brother-in-law or not he doesn't want to invite more trouble.

 

The sight that greets the pair when they reenter the room would have been amusing if you didn’t know how quickly ‘friendly competition’ could become grown men wrestling for the remote and destroying the apartment in their wake.

 

“Yifan! Give Tao the remote. You went first last time.” Junmyeon says with a sigh. Tao snatches the remote out of Yifan’s grasp with a “Mom loves me more” expression. “This is Chanyeol, everyone. I want you all to make him feel like part of the family. That means be nice!” He finishes with a pointed look towards his husband.

 

“Did you all get that speech when I started coming around?” Luhan asks Sehun with a giggle.

 

“No, you came with Yixing so ‘Be nice’ is an unspoken rule.” Sehun answers vaguely.

 

Before he can ask for more of an explanation, Tao does a quick mic check before starting to sing “You’ll Be In My Heart” drawing every eye in the room to focus on him alone.

 

“Who’s up next? Yifan?” Tao questions with a smug smile as half the room tries to blot tears. Yifan shakes his head not looking up from his study of which tortilla chip he should choose.

 

“I’ll take a crack at it!” Luhan volunteers with a playful wink to Sehun. He turns away from the room before beginning to sing but when the song starts, he is greeted by a round of mixed groans and giggles at the cheesey choice but mostly a blushing Sehun. The song he chose to sing was Mulan’s “I’ll Make A Man Out Of You.”

 

The room is in a stunned silence when the song ends and Luhan dances over to a crimson faced Sehun. A round of awed applause breaks out to which Luhan graciously bows and blows playful kisses.

 

The next to step up to the challenge is Kyungsoo, whose song of choice is “A Whole New World” which in turn has Jongin blushing like a schoolgirl.

 

The battle goes on into the early hours of the morning with contestants dropping out if they need to be at work for an early shift, otherwise everyone is welcome to sleep over.

 

Kyungsoo, Jongin and Chanyeol all have to be fairly early for work. While Junmyeon, Yifan, Luhan, Kevin and Tao have later shifts or a day off. Sehun allows Junmyeon and Yifan to sleep in his bed, instead choosing to cuddle with Luhan in his lap in their over sized armchair. Kevin and Tao are left to fight for space on the sofa bed with Minhyuk & Eunkwang.

 

During the night, Baekhyun shuffles to the kitchen for a drink. On his way through the living room, a deep, sleep roughened voice startles a squeak out of him. "You missed the karaoke fun, Byun Baek."

 

"Jesus! Sehun! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Baekhyun gasps. Upon closer inspection, he can see that the lump in the armchair is Sehun and Luhan sleeping with his head tucked under Sehun’s chin, an occasional snore is heard from the shorter boy. “Why are you still awake?”

 

“It may sound stupid, but I don’t want to miss a moment of holding Luhan. I really like him, Baek.” Sehun says in a completely serious tone.

 

“I know you do, kid, but didn’t you notice that Yixing liked him too?” Baekhyun asks bluntly.

 

Sehun feels the man in his arms move slightly. He whispers in Luhan’s ear until he feels the boy relax again. "He never said anything. Why wouldn't he tell me?" Sehun asks softly but the low volume can't disguise his concern.

 

"You know Xing. He always puts everyone else before himself. Just make sure you treat Luhan right or Yixing may be the one picking the pieces if you break the guy's heart." Baekhyun says as he continues to wander off towards the kitchen again.

 

"It's not like anything I've ever felt before. When I'm with Luhan, I feel like I've found a missing piece of myself I didn't know I was lacking. I feel like I have a million butterflies in my gut but at the same time I feel like I have the world at my feet." Sehun says as he gently Luhan's hair.

 

"I hope everything works out for you. I don't want to see you hurt either." Baekhyun says with his head in the fridge.

 

"Thanks, Byun Baek. I love you too. BTW, there were some new faces at the party tonight. Kyungsoo brought his 'special friend' Jongin and Jongin's roommate Chanyeol." Sehun says, watching Baekhyun's reaction as he makes his way back towards Yixing 's room. He isn't disappointed when Baekhyun chokes on his water.

 

"Chanyeol was here?!" He sputters in a voice that has more than just Luhan stirring from their slumber. "Chanyeol was here?" He asks again in a hushed tone.

 

 

"Yeah, he seemed really nice but a little sad when Junmyeon said you and Yixing were already crashed. I lost sight of him after that. He was probably so busy making out with everyone except my Luhannie, he didn't miss you." Sehun says letting out a small grunt.

 

"Don't lie, Sehunnie! Your nose might grow and than you'll be playing Pinocchio instead of Prince Philip." A sleepy voice grumbles.

 

Baekhyun can't see it in the darkened room but he is sure the younger boy is pouting cutely.

 

"Luhan ge, how long have you been awake?" Sehun asks nuzzling into Luhan's hair to distract the boy in his arms, no doubt.

 

"Long enough." Luhan answers, not allowing himself to be sidetracked that easily. "I don't think he was simply looking for a familiar face when he came here tonight. He looked upset when he heard where you were. Junmyeon never got a chance to explain that you and Yixing weren't a couple. Eeeep! Sehun, behave!" Luhan squeaks.

 

That was enough for Baekhyun. He makes hasty excuses and bolts from the room. He snuggles under the covers only to have Yixing cuddling up to him for warmth soon after. "Seems like neither of us were very lucky in love tonight." Baekhyun sighs as he kisses the top of Yixing's head.

 

"Why? What happened?" A groggy Yixing enquires. Baekhyun grudging shares what Sehun had said about Chanyeol stopping by.

 

"I'm sorry. If you hadn't been babysitting me, you could have been dazzling Chanyeol with your endless wit and charm." Yixing says seriously as he sits up to better meet Baekhyun's eye.

 

With a snort Baekhyun says, "We work together all the time, he should have taken notice of abundance of wit and charm by now. I'm sure he'll manage to survive another day, not knowing how awesome I am at singing Karaoke."

 

The smile on Yixing's face wobbles causing Baekhyun's heart to break a little more. He should have known his friend would see right through his lies. Baekhyun hooks a finger in the low neckline of Yixing's tank, pulling him down so they are once more in their original snuggle positions with Yixing's head on his shoulder.

 

"You mean he'd see how competitive you and Jongdae are?" Yixing giggles trying to lighten the mood.

 

"It was all Jongdae! Now hush or I'll go snuggle with Yifan and Junmyeon." Baekhyun says threateningly.

 

"Good luck with that." Yixing laughs, fighting back a yawn. A nearly undetectable sound is all the reply he receives' soon followed by quiet snores. "Everyone deserves their happily ever after and if Chanyeol is yours than I won't let a silly misunderstanding get in the way." Yixing mumbles as his eyelids become too heavy to keep open.

 

The next morning, Yixing wakes up with a new resolve-win Chanyeol's heart for Baekhyun. Feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the world (Most of the credit goes to Baekhyun for his support and body heat). He wanders into the living room, his bunny slipper muffling his steps, trying to avoid looking at any of the still sleeping couples scattered around the room. Keeping his eyes on the floor he doesn't notice that his roommate is awake until he spoke.

 

"Yixing, I'm sorry." The softly spoken words are so unexpected that Yixing jumps in fright, just able to stop the shriek before it escapes his lips.

 

"Sehun, you scared the crap out of me!" Yixing hisses. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

 

Ignoring Yixing's question, Sehun continues, "I was so selfishly focused on what I wanted I didn't give any thought to anyone else. I'm really, really sorry. I wouldn't hurt you for the world. You know that right?” Yixing knows Sehun hadn't deliberately meant to hurt but it doesn't make the heartache disappear either.

 

"I know. I'll be okay." Yixing says, trying to hide his still sad tone, he starts to walk to the kitchen again. "Are you hungry?"

 

"I am. Would you like some help?" Luhan asks in a sleepy voice.

 

"Oh my godmother!" Yixing squeals jumping again at the sound of Luhan's voice. Hearing the chuckle from the direction of the armchair, "No waffles for you, Sehun!" Yixing grumbles.

 

"Awwww, I'm sorry, hyung!" Sehun whines. "I want waffles, too!"

 

There's an exchange of whispers before Yixing hears rustling and footsteps following him into the kitchen.

 

"Yixing.... I'm sorry too. For scaring you and for giving you the wrong idea about how I feel about you. I think of you as my best friend. I didn't mean to give you the wrong idea or that I may want a romantic relationship with you." Luhan's softly spoken apology only makes Yixing's heart hurt even more. He also feels stupid for his silly heart believing he had found his soulmate.

 

"You didn't do anything except be nice. The rest was all me." Yixing sighs as he gathers what he'll need to make breakfast.

 

"I completely understand how you wouldn't be able to resist falling for my baby deer." Sehun says as he joins them in the kitchen, wrapping his arms around Luhan from behind, resting his chin on Luhan's shoulder.

 

"For the love of Neverland! Do I need to put a bell on you?" Yixing jumps, almost dropping the waffle iron in the process. He shoots a scowl at Sehun as he straightens back up. "Can we please all move on from my passing crush on 'your baby deer'?" Yixing wrinkles his nose at the nickname. "I'm fine and you guys deserve happiness, so that's that. Now drop it or you'll get no chocolate chips in your waffles." Yixing says pointing the mixing spoon at a sad looking Sehun.

 

"But hyung....." Sehun starts only to be interrupted by Yixing who'd gone back to preparing breakfast.

 

"Unless you're going to tell me if you want bacon or sausages I don't think anything else needs saying." Yixing surprises the boys by turning suddenly and giving Sehun a quick peck on the cheek. "I love you brat, now get out of my kitchen and go brush your teeth before Luhan thinks you're too stinky to put up with." Luhan giggles at the last part, relaxing against Sehun. They know it is going to be okay. Yixing is on the way to getting back to normal. "Luhan, please get the juice from the fridge and set the table." Yixing says as he slides a golden waffle onto a plate.

 

Sehun and Luhan separate after a brief kiss, each following the instructions they were given. Before too long, everyone is wandering through the kitchen loading up their plates with the food Yixing and Luhan had prepared than finding a comfy spot to eat. Yixing has an early shift and he is determined to find Chanyeol to explain that he and Baekhyun aren't together. He is also going to follow up with his Goofy theory. If he is right, the two tasks may lead to the same answer.

 

"I'm leaving! Anyone need a ride?" Yixing shouts as he twirls his keys on his finger while standing by the door.

 

"Thanks Xing, Min and I have the afternoon shift, Junmyeon, Yifan, Kevin and Tao already ate and ran, so have Minhyuk and Eunkwang I believe. That leaves Baek, I think Luhan and Sehun are off today." Jongdae says as he sips his coffee leaning on the doorframe wearing a pair of ratty sweats and a concert tank.

 

"Jongdae, how can you know so much and rarely ever leave your room?" Yixing asks with a laugh.

 

"It's a gift, my friend. Just like my stunning good looks!" Jongdae laughs when Yixing rolls his eyes at him.

 

"Yeah and that's why they hide your beautiful face under the Mickey head." Baekhyun snickers as he passes by stuffing a bite of waffle in his mouth.

 

Baekhyun misses Jongdae sticking his tongue out at the back of his head. "If you have a couple of minutes, I'll go in with you Yixing. I need to get some practice time in on the new routine for the parade. The choreographer changed some moves and I keep getting confused." At Jongdae's snort, Baekhyun replies, "At least you get to dance in pants! I have a tiny dress to work with!"  

 

"I would look fabulous! Have you seen my legs?" Jongdae teases.

 

"Oh shut up, Dae or I'll recommend you for the role of Maleficent and then see who will be hanging out with Minnie." Baekhyun snaps from the bathroom.

 

"My Minnie has eyes only for me." Jongdae smirks as a drowsy looking Minseok wearing Mickey Mouse pajamas, snuggles up to him and kisses his cheek.

 

"Why is it fine for you two to have PDA all over the apartment but as soon as someone else does it, your radar picks it up?" Baekhyun asks as he reemerges from the bathroom dressed for work in white skinny jeans and a Goofy tee that says 'Goof off'.

 

"My apartment, my rules." Jongdae says with a shrug and a fond pat on Minseok's .

 

"What about the monkey business that Kyungsoo and Jongin were up to in the bathroom last night." Baekhyun asks, wrinkling his nose at the sight of Jongdae and Minseok exchanging eskimo kisses.

 

"As long as they keep the noise down, they can do whatever they want behind closed doors." Jongdae says with a shrug as he begins to Minseok's pajama top.

 

The thought of what may or may not have gone on in the bathroom makes Yixing a little nauseous. He makes a mental note to give the room a thorough cleaning after work today. "Let's get rolling, Baekhyun, before we get to witness any more of these two's 'displays of affection'.” Baekhyun nods in agreement and they hear a thump against the wall and a husky chuckle from Jongdae before the door closes completely.

 

"Those two are something else, aren't they?" Yixing chuckles as they head off to work. When he gets no response, Yixing glances at his friend. The sad expression he sees comes as a bit of a shock. "What's on your mind to cause that look?" He asks with a shoulder nudge. "It's not the first time you've seen those two being amorous. It's not a treat but....."

 

The half smile Baekhyun gives his friend doesn't reach his eyes. "It's not that really. Just sometimes it feels like I'll be alone for the rest of my life and ironically I work at the 'Happiest Place on Earth'.   

 

"Don't think like that, Baek! You are too special a friend to live alone the rest of your life. You and I can always get married and adopt 10 or 20 kids." Yixing hopes his attempt at humor is taken as it is intended. The snort Baekhyun can't hold in is enough to let Yixing know it was.

 

"Thanks, Xing, I'll keep that in mind for a backup plan." The smile that accompanies the words conveys the gratitude Baekhyun is feeling but can't verbalize.

 

When they arrive at the backstage area, they agree to meet up for lunch before heading off in their separate directions. Yixing spends all the extra time he has before it is time for him to clock in looking for Chanyeol, without any luck. So when he is transforming into Prince Charming and he hears Chanyeol's name being mentioned, it catches his attention.

 

"I've never seen Chanyeol so sad. He didn't come out of his room and you even made his favorite breakfast, steak and eggs. Something isn't right!"

 

There is a softly spoken reply but Yixing is unable to hear what was said. The sound of receding footsteps snaps Yixing into action. If he is going to get answers, he'd better catch the attention of the other boys. Not wanting to seem like he is just lurking around listening to their conversation (which he had been doing!) he needs an excuse for popping out of nowhere. He takes a deep breath and steps around the row of lockers.

 

"Oh hey Kyungsoo, do you have any eyeliner I can borrow?" Internally, Yixing grimaces at his own stupid question but it was the best he could do on such short notice.

 

"Dude, you have eyeliner in your hand." The young man dressed as Aladdin says.

 

"Oh.... Um.... This is the wrong shade. It's smokey taupe and I need midnight black." Yixing cringes at his answer.

 

"I have some you can use. You don't want to use the wrong color and tick off Baekhyun." Kyungsoo mutters as he rummages through his locker. "Yixing, this is Jongin. You and Baekhyun were crashed by the time we arrived last night. Jongin, this is Yixing. Which reminds me..... Since when are you and Baekhyun together? I thought you and Luhan were dating."

 

This time Yixing can't hide the cringe. "Yeah about that. It was all in my head that we had something. That's why Baekhyun missed the party. He was trying to patch up my broken heart." Kyungsoo's eyebrows shoot up at this, clearly not taking Yixing's explanation in the innocent direction it was meant to be. "Not like that! Ewww! He was just listening to me and I kind of cried myself to sleep." It isn't something Yixing wants the world to know but he needs to clear things up so he has to start somewhere.

 

"Speaking of Baekhyun do you know a guy named Chanyeol?" Both Kyungsoo and Jongin give him a baffled look at this turn in the conversation.

 

"He's my roommate, why?" Jongin replies.

 

"I just want to talk to him." Yixing offers what he hopes is an innocent smile.

 

"Why do you need to talk to a guy you you've never met before?" Kyungsoo asks, sensing there's more to it than Yixing is sharing.

 

"Jongin, could you excuse us for a moment?" Yixing doesn't wait for a reply before he's dragging Kyungsoo to the other end of the locker room. "Baekhyun has been trying to get Chanyeol's attention for a while now and I may have caused a misunderstanding by keeping Baek away from the party last night." Yixing whispers when they are a good distance away. "I just want to clear things up and try to get Baekhyun his prince or pirate or whatever!" He finishes, flailing his hands wildly.

 

"Fine, I'll help you, but I have one question for you first." Kyungsoo says as he adjusts the bodice of his costume. "Do my s look okay? Every time I ask Jongin, he blushes and then can't look me in the eyes for the rest of the day."

 

"Kyungsoooooo....." Yixing whines. "I'm being serious! I need your help! And your left one is not centered." He reaches out to make the adjustment when Jongin comes racing over to them, slapping Yixing's hand away from Kyungsoo's bosom and shields his boyfriend's body with his own.

 

"No touchy!" Jongin scolds Yixing. "Noooo touchy!"

 

"Jongin.... We already had this discussion and if you aren't going to help me with my costume, you shouldn't get jealous is someone else is willing." Kyungsoo chides his boyfriend. Jongin pouts to no avail. "What's Chanyeol's schedule for today?" Kyungsoo asks instead, unswayed by Jongin's cuteness.

 

"Why the interest in other guys all of sudden? Are you tired of me already?" Jongin whines.

 

The shorter boy takes a deep breath before continuing. "Nini, you know I'm not like that! Yixing needs to speak with him, so if you could remember where Chanyeol is so we could get on stage before we're late, that would be great." Kyungsoo smiles up at Jongin as he cups his cheek. Whether it is the touch or the words, something calms Jongin enough for him to recall Chanyeol's schedule for today.

 

"He's got practice this morning and an afternoon shift as Captain Hook with a turn at covering for Steve after that." Jongin says, beaming when Kyungsoo rewards him with a kiss.

 

"Thanks! I really appreciate the help! And Kyungsoo...." Yixing gestures to remind Kyungsoo he still needs to make an adjustment to his gown.

 

"Oh, right. Thanks!" Kyungsoo says as he makes the slight adjustment before receiving a thumbs up confirmation from Yixing. "Good luck! Come on babe, we need to get on stage.” Kyungsoo says he links his hand with Jongin's and walks towards the stage doors.

 

After a quick glance at the clock, Yixing calculates that he has barely enough time to pop over to the dance studio in hopes of catching Chanyeol there. It isn't until he comes to a sliding stop outside the room that he remembers he doesn't know what Chanyeol looks like, except the fact that he's well endowed, hook wise that is. When he peeks around the doorway, the room is mostly empty except for some cast members working on their routines for the Main Street parade. After a quick scan, Yixing spots Minhyuk and Eunkwang working with the choreographer. Minhyuk excuses himself to talk to Yixing as Eunkwang continues to work out the proper movements he'd need to master for the new show.

 

"Hey Yixing! Great party last night. We missed you for the karaoke battle. Hyunsik and Kyungsoo did a duet, it was priceless! At least it was until Jongin got all possessive and drug his boyfriend out of the room." Minhyuk says after a quick manly hug.

 

"I'm actually here because of something that happened last night. I was wondering..."

 

"It wasn't me that broke the crystal unicorn!" Ilhoon says as he rushes past to catch up to the dance instructor. "I did see the guy that looks like Yifan trying to glue it back together though." He continues as he walks backwards dodging a pair of girls doing stretches.

 

"Actually, I was wondering if you knew a guy named Chanyeol? He plays Captain Hook, he's Jongin's roommate and he was at the party last night." Yixing rambles, not knowing how else to describe the man in question.

 

"Chanyeol? He was here a little while ago." Sungjae strolls in the room munching on an apple. "He left with Tinkerbell. They were either going to kill each other or break into a musical dance number."

 

"Okay. Thanks." Yixing says, slightly confused by Sungjae's statement but having a limited amount of time before he has to start his shift he doesn't dwell on it too long. "You and Peniel will be at our game night on Friday, right? Eunkwang and Minhyuk have a date night planned for that night so I'd like to make sure I have some real competition for Mario Karts." Yixing says with a playful punch of Sungjae's shoulder.

 

"You bet. But by 'date night' you mean Minhyuk wants to save everyone from Eunkwang's pout when he gets beaten at the games?" Sungjae's jokes causing Minhyuk to shrug and blush.

 

"I have to be on stage soon so if you see Chanyeol, please tell him I need to speak to him and be sure to let Changsub know he's welcome to join us Friday but it's his turn to buy the pizza." Yixing says as he heads out the practice room door, with a wave to his friends.

 

Hurrying down the long corridor, Yixing passes a maintenance closet. He'd no sooner walked past the door when he hears a loud crash. He hesitates, thinking perhaps he's found where Baekhyun and Chanyeol are having their chat. Yixing has a hand on the doorknob ready to intervene if they are arguing when he hears a voice that is unmistakably Baekhyun's that definitely doesn't sound angry, emitting noises that sound very much like Chanyeol's name. He thinks his sudden appearance may cause more harm than good so Yixing sends a short text to his friend instead.

 

Hey..... Did you get to talk to Chanyeol?

 

A grumbling and rustling is heard from inside the closet before Yixing receives a reply.

 

I did.

 

With a twinkle of mischief in his eyes, Yixing types out another message.

 

Do you need anything, a bandaid,...... Or a , maybe? Yixing chuckles to himself as he waits for a reply.

 

He isn't expecting the door to be opened far enough for a head to poke out and an annoyed and disheveled Baekhyun to growl at him. "Yixing! If you don't leave now, you're going to need a bandaid! I'll talk to you later, okay? Everything is fine." He says with a softer tone and a smile.

 

"Just 'fine'? I must be doing something wrong." A deep voice murmured before Baekhyun is pulled back into the room.

 

A giggle is heard before Yixing is completely out of earshot. Yixing is glad they were able to work things out. In spite of Baekhyun's sassy attitude, he has a kind heart that is closely guarded. Only his closest friends know that, other people assume he is free with affections. So it is with a much lighter heart that Yixing heads for the stage door once more. He is busy daydreaming so it doesn't register when he hears Junmyeon call out.

 

"Will you give that back and stop fooling around?" Before nearly being run over by a laughing Kevin dressed like Buzz Lightyear.

 

"Hello beautiful! Looking for me? Aren't you lucky you found me? How about that kiss you promised me last night?" Kevin asks. Before Yixing can respond or deny EVER agreeing to a kiss, he finds his lips captured in a revolving attack. Luckily it doesn't last long before the door of the props room crashes open and an angry Junmyeon storms out.

 

Kevin dashes away with a "Later sweetheart!" and a laugh.

 

"Which way?" Junmyeon asks, looking as if he'd like to kill someone. Yixing just points in the direction Kevin had run off in. "Thanks!" Junmyeon says as he sprints off after his brother-in-law. "Kevin get back here, RIGHT NOW OR SO HELP ME!"

 

The Wu family is an interesting bunch. Yixing shrugs before continuing on his way. Tiffany packed a powerful punch for someone who looked so dainty. He could attest to that from the last time he was late for his princess.

 

When his shift is finally over, Yixing trudges backstage. Just another magical day. He'd had his d by a mother, gum stuck in his hair and he got head butted in his privates. Yup, it is a great job. It isn’t all bad, he loves his fellow cast members as family and to see a child's eyes light up when you get to bring their favorite characters to life is a special feeling. It helps to make up for the crazy hours in the Florida sun and grabby hands. After changing into his own clothes and removing his heavy stage makeup, he is once more Yixing and Philip is once more just a memory (until his next shift). He is zipping up his backpack when he hears the locker room door open and through the door strolls a tall man dressed as Beast. Yixing does a double take when the face under the costume’s mask is none other than Kevin’s. “You work here now, too?” The words had escaped Yixing’s lips before he could stop them. Quickly followed by, “what was up with that kiss earlier? You have Tao! Don’t go around leading him on if you aren’t serious about a relationship!” Yixing growls, going toe to toe with the taller man.

 

“I don’t know who Tao is and I really don’t care except he’s lucky to have a loyal friend like you.” The tall man’s low voice does weird things to Yixing’s pulse rate. The fact that he didn’t back down or try to flirt makes Yixing think he is speaking to Yifan except there is no recognition in the man’s eyes. “As for a kiss, I’m pretty sure I would remember kissing someone. Especially if that someone was you.” The man’s eyes darken dangerously as he leans close enough so that Yixing can feel the man’s breath ghost across his lips. Yixing is pretty sure his heart stopped beating and his eyelids drifted closed without permission and to his horror his lips parted slightly while waiting (and hoping) for the stranger to close the distance. Whether he would have closed the gap and kissed Yixing remains a mystery because before either could move, the door to the locker room opens again.

 

“Kris! How was yo- Oh! Sorry! I didn’t know you knew Yixing! How long has this been going on?” Yifan comes to a skidding stop just inside the room.

 

Before anyone can say more, Yixing mumbles an excuse and runs out of the room.

 

“So, that’s Yixing.” The stranger (Kris, Yixing mentally corrected himself) said as the door closed. The sound of his name coming from Kris’ lips does bad things to the stability of his knees. He stops, slumping against the wall to catch his breath before heading home.

 

“Yixing, are you okay? You look a little feverish? Do you need to go to the hospital?” A familiar voice asks as a gentle hand checks his forehead for a fever.

 

“Yifan….. Kris…..“ Yixing gestures vaguely towards the door he just came through.

 

“Oh! You must have met Kris.” Amber smiles at her friend. She is always able to read a situation quickly. “He’s awesome isn’t he? Don’t let him scare you, he’s really a pussycat in a lion’s body! Just don’t ask to see his drawings.” Amber pretends to shudder. “Kriscasso, my sweet aunt Fanny.” At the girls’ warm laugh, Yixing is able to pull himself together enough to join in with a small chuckle of his own. “Better?” She asks.

 

“Better.” Yixing replies, able to return his friend's smile with ease now that the shock of meeting Yifan’s brother had passed. “Exactly how many Wu’s are we going to be seeing around here anyway?” Yixing asks only half joking.

 

“Only the two, I think. Kevin was running around, causing trouble, with a visitors pass. So we only have double trouble.” Amber says with a playful twinkle shining in her eyes. “Kris is going to be in Epcot too so maybe your paths will cross.” She jokes with a few playful rib nudges. “Kris is a singer, song writer, too so maybe you guys can make some magic, I mean music together.”

 

“How do you know so much about him? Are you two dating?” For some reason, Yixing doesn’t want to put a name to the thought that saddened him.

 

“Um… No I’m not his style.” Amber is holding back her laughter but Yixing doesn’t seem understand the joke. “We’re just old friends. Kris is like Yifan, he doesn’t play around, but Kevin on the other hand needs a strong partner to keep him in line.”

 

“Okaayy…. Will you be at our game night Friday?” Yixing thinks a change of subject was in order.

 

“Wouldn’t miss it! Take care bro!” Amber gives Yixing’s shoulder a punch before walking away.

 

It really is a small world after all, especially when you're trying to avoid someone. After their first volatile meeting, Yixing tries his best to stay as far as possible from Kris and his disruptive influence. But still, he’d be walking and get a tingling sensation running down his spine only to turn and find Kris watching him. Before he could tear his eyes away, Kris would shoot him a wink or a small smile or a shy wave making Yixing blush and hurry in the opposite direction, usually not his original destination.

 

This goes on for several weeks, Yixing stays as far from Kris as possible but seeing as how Kris is the brother of one of Yixing’s closest friends, it isn’t always successful.  Tonight is one of those times. Sehun is hosting one of his famous parties, everyone and their brother is of course invited. Jongdae and Minseok are away visiting their parents in Korea (Yixing thinks it is more than just a normal visit considering the wedding rings Jongdae tried to hide in the kitchen cupboard) and Kyungsoo and Jongin have a double date planned with Hyunsik and Ilhoon, saying something about them needing quiet time away from the family but Baekhyun is bringing Chanyeol and Tao is bringing a new and improved Kevin. Yifan and Junmyeon said they would be bringing pictures of the little girl they were in the process of adopting and not wanting to leave Kris out of the fun, they insisted that he join the party. When he heard this, Yixing tried to disappear but ended up in a Baekyeol sandwich instead.

 

“Xingy! I missed you!” Baekhyun squeals as Chanyeol lifts him and Yixing off the floor in a bear hug. “Baby, put us down, please.” He gasps, not being able to catch his breath in his giant’s hold.

 

“Sorry love!” Chanyeol loosens his hold so the pair can stand on their own again but doesn’t fully release them from his hug.

 

“Hi guys!” Yixing can’t help but laugh at the pair’s exuberance. “How are things in Neverland?”

 

“Really good except when we’re on stage. Chanyeol goes all overprotective and if any other guy gets too close to me he goes all caveman. He’s always wedging himself between me and any male guests that want a hug or to get a picture!” Baekhyun punches Chanyeol playfully in the chest to which Chanyeol smiles unrepentantly. “The one time the kid was like 8. Chanyeol towered over him and scared the poor kid silly!” Baekhyun looks more amused than upset as he shares the story.

 

It is plainly written on both of their faces, the affection is mutual. Yixing is happy for his friend but it also reminds him of his unsettling reaction to Kris. As if his thoughts had the power to make the man appear, the trio arrives at the party to a chorus of cheerful greetings. Kris’ gaze sweeps the room and comes to a stop when he sees Yixing squished between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. His eyebrows come together in a fierce frown at the sight and makes Yixing attempt to wiggle out of his friend’s arms. The taller man’s expression seems to brighten at Yixing’s release which for some reason makes Yixing’s face heat with an uncontrollable blush.

 

Baekhyun doesn’t miss the blush or Yixing’s sudden need for space. He just chuckles when he glances behind them and catches Kris’ stare.

 

“Does our XingXing have an admirer?” Baekhyun whispers in Yixing’s ear, earning a low noise that sounds very much like a growl from his boyfriend and a return of the scowl on Kris’ face. Baekhyun then whispers in Chanyeol's ear something that makes the taller man's eyes light up and he glances at Yixing before moving his gaze to the new arrivals, after which the pair shares an almost evil chuckle.

 

The flush on Yixing’s cheeks increases, which he didn’t think was possible. He knows the pair is up to no good but he can't understand what their plan might be.

 

"Yixing, you promised to help with my dance routine. You wouldn't mind if Chanyeol was to join us would you?" Baekhyun asks with mischief shining brightly in his eyes.

 

Knowing Baekhyun is up to something is one thing but understanding what devious plan he has in his mind may be is another thing altogether. “Sure, are you two free tomorrow?” Yixing offers hesitantly.

 

“Why wait until tomorrow when we can get our groove on right now?” Baekhyun lifts his arms in the air while swiveling his hips in circles.

 

“Sure, now would be fine, I suppose. I'm not in a party mood anyway.” Yixing agrees with a discrete peek in Kris’ direction. “As long as you stop doing that!” Yixing says as he attempts to stop Chanyeol’s performing moves that look very much like ‘the Hustle’.

 

“Deal!” Baekhyun agrees, stopping his hip shimmying to turn to Chanyeol, wrap his arms around the taller man’s neck and pull his head down for a steamy kiss.

 

The tone of Yixing’s phone sounds, alerting him that he received a message. He looks at the screen to see the message is from Jongdae. It reads, “No PDA!’ Yixing chuckles. He taps Baekhyun on the shoulder to show his friend the text.

 

“Busy here.” Baekhyun swats at Yixing as he continues to make out with his boyfriend.

 

Another beep from his phone has Yixing laughing before he tugs on the back of Baekhyun’s shirt.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asks as he comes up for air.  

 

The message he’d received reads, ‘NO PDA! That means YOU Baekhyun!’

 

“How? Oh, never mind it’s Jongdae. But what’s he going to do really? Turn the plane around?” Baekhyun is about to ignore the texts when another beep sounds. Yixing doesn’t read the message before turning the phone towards Baekhyun. Chanyeol chuckles at reading it and the look of surprise on his boyfriend’s face.  

 

‘Don’t make me turn this plane around, Baekhyun!’ Yixing reads the text and joins Chanyeol in snickering at Baekhyun’s shock.

 

“Fine, curse you Kim Jongdae!” Baekhyun shakes his fist at Yixing’s phone. His expression brightens before he cheers. “Now how about we get our dance on!”

 

With a shake of his head at the lightning fast change in his friend's thinking, Yixing makes his way to the stereo, pondering what song to choose. He smiles when his eyes fall on the CD he’d just burned earlier that day. He slips the disc into the machine and pushes the play button.  Yixing stretches a little before the first notes float from the speakers. He is soon so lost in the beat that he is a little surprised when Junmyeon halts him mid dance. He was on the floor doing a push-up like move when Junmyeon decided it was a move only to be shared with a mature audience.

 

“Yixing, you know I love you and there’s no question in anyone's minds that you’re an amazing dancer but please stop having with the floor.” Junmyeon whispers as he grasps Yixing’s arm to help him to stand back up.

 

“Dude, that was cool but a little out of my skill level.” Chanyeol says, half jokingly while also looking kind of concerned that he would be expected to copy Yixing’s moves.

 

“No. Sorry. I just got carried away. We’ll just work on some simpler moves that you can use on stage or for a night on the town with your boo.” Yixing explains as Chanyeol back hugs his boyfriend, nuzzling his cheek against the shorter man’s. “We can start with a simple spin from your current position. We just need to make some minor changes and wah la! Now Chanyeol…. no….wait-” Before he can get very far in his explanation of the move, the pair ends up a a tangled, giggling mess. “Okay, that was a good try. Let’s try it one more time this time-” Yixing attempts to adjust Chanyeol’s positioning only to find himself unexpectedly wrapped in the taller man’s grasp and Baekhyun giving Chanyeol some silent instructions with gestures before he is almost perfectly spun out. The keyword being almost! Chanyeol added a little too much pizzazz and Yixing goes spinning across the room and is caught in a strong pair of arms.

 

"Hey. How do you feel about making some magic together?" Kris asks.

 

For some reason that old line sounds much more tempting to Yixing coming from Kris than when Sehun said it.

 

--------------------

 

Two years later

 

Snuggling deeper into the covers, Yixing sighs in contentment. He feels a soft kiss brush across his cheek before he hears the deep voice he loves so much whisper in his ear. “Sweetheart, it’s time to get up.”

 

“No, five more minutes.” Yixing smiles sleepily, turning his head in hopes of getting a kiss from his boyfriend.

 

“You have an early shift at work, love, and I made you breakfast!” The voice rumbles in his ear.

 

The promise of breakfast makes Yixing open one eye just enough to see toast and a bowl of cereal. He pouts before curling back under the blankets. Yixing smiles to himself as he hears the tray being placed on the nightstand before the blankets are lifted for another body to slip into the bed. “Time to get up baby.” The voice whispers in his ear. Yixing smiles, shakes his head and moves closer to his boyfriend’s warmth. “Don’t be stubborn” is the only warning Yixing receives before the nose that had been nuzzling his cheek moved down to his neck. Yixing shrieks and jumps out of bed.

 

“No fair!” Yixing whines, grabbing the pillow under his boyfriend’s head to smack him with it.

 

The deep chuckle sends excited goosebumps racing down his spine as Yixing trudges off to the bathroom. He is humming to himself as he showers, so when the bathroom door opens it doesn’t fully register. When strong arms encircle his waist, he is pleasantly surprised. “Need help?” Yixing laughs at the question.

 

“Is it just to help me get ready for work?” He laughs.

 

“Of course! What other reason would I have?” is the expected answer. A large hand takes the shampoo bottle from Yixing’s unresisting one.

 

“You spoil me.” Yixing sighs as he tilts his head back.

 

“Should I stop?” The fingers massaging his scalp pause for a moment.

 

“No! I didn’t say I didn’t like it! I just think you spoil me.” Yixing says as he turns, blindly seeking a kiss, but not wanting to get shampoo in his eyes.

 

“You spoil me just as much if not more so hush and let me finish before you get soap in your eyes.” With a kiss on the lips, Yixing gets turned back to rinse.

 

Yixing goes back to his humming and is soon joined by a deep voice singing along to “A Dream is a Wish the Heart Makes” as they finish their shower and get ready for work. His boyfriend really does have a beautiful voice when he tries.

 

“I love you.” Yixing says when they head out of their apartment on their way to make magic.

 

“I love you, too.” The taller man says, stopping in the hall to give his boyfriend a proper kiss. “And in less than 5 months, we will make it legal in front of all our friends and family.”

 

“What could be better than a Christmas wedding in Disney World? Jongdae and Minseok will be back from their promotional tour. Junmyeon and Yifan should have their newest addition to their family, Kyungsoo and Jongin will be back from their honeymoon, Kevin and Tao…. well will be Tao and Kevin and Luhan and Sehun will probably be getting married, as soon as Sehun finishes college.” Yixing smiles at the thought of his friends as he links hand with Kris’ and then continues walking to the car.

 

“Don’t forget Baekhyun and Chanyeol will be back from their helping out at Disney Paris by that time, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if they came back with big news of their own. Paris is the city of amour.” The tall man reminds his boyfriend.

 

“I could never forget my two best friends that literally threw me at you that night!” Yixing laughs at how well their simple tactic worked out in the end. “I’m glad you were there to catch me, Kris Wu.”